THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 22 Apr 2024, 23:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 songs you think everyone should hear:  (Read 51535 times)

Jeridus

2 songs you think everyone should hear:
« Reply #150 on: 02 Jun 2005, 11:49 »

!! whoa... Khar... you've got Floyd on there? dude... that song IS awesome, but seriously woudn't have expected it from you

"ONE OF THESE DAYS I'M GOING TO CHOP YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES"

'Tis an awesome bass-line to open

Robbo

« Reply #151 on: 02 Jun 2005, 11:52 »

Lol, it's pretty common for Metalheads to like Prog Rock, specially the generation that grew up with Prog-heads are parents.

Jeridus

« Reply #152 on: 02 Jun 2005, 11:53 »

Yeah, I guess that's true... there's sufficient weirdness overlap... hahaha...

I'm just kidding... don't kill me

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #153 on: 02 Jun 2005, 11:56 »

*Plugs a bass into an echo box and starts rocking along*

My good sir. I love Pink Floyd. I have inherited almost their entire decent* discography on vinyl, apart from Animals, which I bought on CD. They are very rockalicious, and were my gateway into progressive and experimental music.

To be honest, people who don't like Pink Floyd are silly people, and probably not my sort at all.

*The Final Cut is called that for a reason, people. Though there is some ok stuff off A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Jeridus

« Reply #154 on: 02 Jun 2005, 12:03 »

[quote="KharBevNor]*The Final Cut is called that for a reason, people.[/quote]

Heheheh... yeah, didn't much like the new, Waters-less stuff quite so much... especially not that song where, for some reason, the Steven Hawking voice keeps coming in... personally, I prefer Meddle, Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, and Wish You Were Here (between Have A Cigar, Wish You Were Here, and Shine On You Crazy Diamond, I'd say that's the best)

MilkmanDan

« Reply #155 on: 02 Jun 2005, 12:03 »

Quote from: Robbo
Indeed, it's one of the better cival convos that I've seen. People just want to think talking about Metal is banned it seems.

No, the "you suck, you listen to metal, no you suck because you don't" 'debate' was just fine the first, second, third and even fourth millionth time it was had. It was more than fine in the numerous topics where it actually had some possible relevence to the topic, eg The topic Khar made a while back on uh... metal. I love to see some debate that doesn't (often) dissolve into pitiful flaming in those threads. That's what this forum is here for, as well as scenster points contests. My problem is that an obscene number of threads seem to end up with the same people having the same argument. Again. And again. And again. And again.
That being said, it was pretty civil this time, except for maybe "Downloaded that Eels song and listened to it, and my but you all have crap taste in music." and possibly "you are now officially stupid".

Titan

« Reply #156 on: 02 Jun 2005, 14:35 »

Yay, I've been quoted!

Robbo

« Reply #157 on: 02 Jun 2005, 18:05 »

Pretty civil? That was downright nice when you look at most of the net. We have a vocal minority and a vocal spearhead of the majority, of course they're going to keep clashing, it's what happens. I see it as a good thing, because you find new ways to express things and get a point across and that is happening here.

And there's a limited range of people here, so there's only so many view points that will occure on all the possible music topics, it's still advancing. And as I've said before, if Khar and I said some of the things about Indie that people hear have said about Metal (eg judging everything on a set of 30 second amazon clips) we've be against the wall.

The "two goths" is best taked about here. "So, you're a goth then." "Yep, me too." "Cool." "So, yeah....see you later, bye." Sort of what happens if everyone likes the same things or just talks about the stuff they like. Doesn't really get you anywhere.

Inky

« Reply #158 on: 06 Jun 2005, 02:11 »

Johnny Panic- Burn your youth http://www.johnnypanic.com/video_burn.htm

and

Muse- Hysteria

LightThievesAll

• Obscure cultural reference
    • http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~ajohnsto
« Reply #159 on: 06 Jun 2005, 23:08 »

Niblick Henbane - Life Over the Edge
Johnny Cash - And I Tremble For You
Everybody needs to believe in something.  I believe I'll have another beer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up