THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What awaits us this week? (Poll Closes Wednesday)

Whatever happened to Pintsize?
- 41 (37.6%)
Faye's story v.2.0.?
- 21 (19.3%)
Student, Girlfriend, Librarian or some combination of all three? Claire's Dilemma?
- 11 (10.1%)
How do you come back from firing your best friend?
- 20 (18.3%)
Something completely new (give your idea in a comment, plz)?
- 0 (0%)
"Marten, how would you feel about having three dads?"
- 16 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: 04 Feb 2015, 06:23

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2887-2891 (2-6 February 2015)  (Read 154164 times)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Re: WCDT 2887-2891 (2-6 February 2015)
« Reply #800 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:18 »

(regular user)
Someone asked Jeph if it was really OK to jump straight to a first-name basis with him. He pointed out that, after all, "Jeph" is his user name.

Claire undressing wasn't meant to be foreplay, it was negotiation. "Before we go any further" heralds something necessary coming up, for example the health talk. It was just like her asking earlier whether Marten was OK with her being trans, except moving it from theoretical to something emotionally immediate.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #801 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:21 »

Sup comic thread I have a video some of you may like :) :)

Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #802 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:22 »

An error occurred, please try again later? I don't like this at all
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

Aimless

« Reply #803 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:23 »

No, no, it's even more ominous than that :o

Smallest

• Curry sauce
« Reply #804 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:28 »

The only surgery I care about her getting is lasik, because she's cuter without glasses. I guess contacts work, but apparently they're scary. (I can't find the page, it's in there somewhere)

Laser eyes would put her at an advantage above Pintsize, since his was dismantled.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #805 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:29 »

Wut? How is that relevant?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

DrClef

• Plantmonster
« Reply #806 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:29 »

I'm a Clairten shipper, but even I'd rather go back to the old days when the two of them were just friends and their relationship was mostly hanging out and reading books and making horrible puns.

This Marten doesn't have any of the flaws and rough edges that bounced off of Claire's rough edges and flaws so well. This is an AnthroPC Marten-Bot running "I AM A PERFECT BOYFRIEND.EXE" v. 2.0.

I like that a comic is handling a trans relationship well and giving a nice play-by-play of what we wish that everyone who has ever dated a trans person could be like. But Questionable Content has always been about flawed individuals doing the best they can and having some fun along the way. Perfect Boyfriend Marten stands out like a sore thumb.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #807 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:31 »

The only surgery I care about her getting is lasik, because she's cuter without glasses. I guess contacts work, but apparently they're scary. (I can't find the page, it's in there somewhere)

Laser eyes would put her at an advantage above Pintsize, since his was dismantled.

There might be some legal issues, though, once she sets Tai on fire for throwing another rave at the library.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #808 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:33 »

Your avatar was headbanging to the entire video. I giggled like a schoolgirl.

dexeron

• Obscure cultural reference
    • My Twitter
« Reply #809 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:35 »

There might be some legal issues, though, once she sets Tai on fire for throwing another rave at the library.

Claire could become the Library Enforcer, superhero defender of BOOKS!

Together with Pizza Girl they could totally start up some kind of QCverse Justice League.

Warning - while you were reading more people got laser eyes.  You may wish to duck.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #810 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:40 »

As an author of a trans character, I can say that there's no political statement involved. I can't imagine Jeph was trying to make a political statement with Claire.

It's not that I'm unaware of the implicit political statement, just like I don't doubt that Jeph is fully aware of most of the implications of things he's done with Claire. But I'm sure--based on what Jeph's said--the he and are on the same page as far as this. The politics are not why we made the character.

Writers are the superior form of the artist with a sketch book drawing strangers. Superior in terms of being less creepy. If some state of real humanity catches our interest, we'll start doing sketches in our heads. Creating a mental state that fills in the blanks about the why and how of the behavior we witnessed. At some point, for some reason, we find that the information we have isn't enough to do the job, so we dig for information from science and the experience of others. Which turns into a feedback loop. I can't tell you how many times I've read an experimental design and thought "what made them think of doing that?" Down the rabbit hole of mental modeling.

Maybe it is the concept that fascinates. Maybe it's the person we've invented that drives us. But, for the most part, a well written trans character doesn't exist for the statement. They exist because we like them. Just like any other character. And some part of us wants you to like them. Not because of what they are. Because of who.

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith
« Reply #811 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:42 »

I absolutely refuse to get contact lenses.  Sure, glasses are a pain in the ass to deal with sometimes but the thought of poking something that you normally don't poke day after day is just unnerving.  Also the thought of someone carving out my corneas with a laser is enough to send me into full heebie jeebie mode.  I like Claire better with her glasses, but I just happen to find people more attractive with glasses more so than not.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion I gain strength.  Through strength, power.  Through power, victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The force shall set me free.

akujin

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #812 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:43 »

From a trans perspective, technetium's heart is in the right place with their concerns, and for that reason it may be beneficial to include a *little* more reference to the unique difficulties of being trans.  But sugarsparkle is also right - we aren't fully represented by the drama, which is usually all that's depicted.  And only showing the dark side of being trans can breed severe pessimism and insecurity, especially among young people coming to terms with a trans identity.  Sometimes the best thing we can do is provide positive role models.

I do agree with swapna that this scene feels a little artificial, because what Claire is doing is scary to ANYone the first time, and in Claire's case, completely terrifying.  Just coming out to my best friend as trans (post transition - she never knew me any other way) gave me tremors from the emotional minefield that it was.  Would she see me differently?  Would it affect how she feels about me?  Would it change our dynamic??  In the real world you would have to wonder, too, if Marten's reaction is derived from being put on the spot by Claire's vulnerability, or if it is sincere.  Those are certainly the kind of thoughts that would go through my mind. 

But it bears repeating sugarsparkle's point that we CAN lead boring, banal lives like everyone else.  I think I lost a job once for being trans (after my old name came up with my social) but I can't be positive.  My dad threatened to slit his wrists when I told him, but it was just talk.  Sure I have stories, but so does everyone, and they aren't the main theme of my life.  My dad eventually accepted me, along with his christian-conservative family.  My one outlying uncle came around after he divorced and remarried.  My brother and I are actually closer than ever, and my relationships with all of the family are more authentic.  I've also been accepted by my friends, new and old, including white girls from liberal california and staight black dudes from the south.  As we say in the trans community, I have "original plumbing" - the only residual giveaway to my former life.  But I've had sexual relations with both straight women and gay men (I am a bisexual male) with partners who were genuinely unconcerned with my genitals.  I've also been rejected on that basis, but rejection is part of everyone's life and the point is that genitalia aren't the holy grail of sexual attraction that media make it out to be - standards of attraction vary greatly.

Being trans is about being different, and being different challenges people unaccustomed to or not expecting differences.  More than anything, being different illustrates the best and the worst of humanity.  It shows how horrible we can be, and how wonderful.  The horrors are usually irreversible and thus intensely horrific.  But the wonderful people are actually the majority.  They just fly under the radar by treating people *normally*.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #813 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:44 »

I absolutely refuse to get contact lenses.  Sure, glasses are a pain in the ass to deal with sometimes but the thought of poking something that you normally don't poke day after day is just unnerving.  Also the thought of someone carving out my corneas with a laser is enough to send me into full heebie jeebie mode.  I like Claire better with her glasses, but I just happen to find people more attractive with glasses more so than not.
I work with lasers on a daily basis, and I wear glasses. I have no plans to get lasik surgery...

Somnus Eternus

• Furry furrier
  • IT'S DEFINITELY LUPUS.
« Reply #814 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:45 »

What.

Wait, THAT'S Lasik?  And I've been turning it down?  I've been so blind...

TheEvilDog

« Reply #815 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:49 »

I've been so blind...

Obviously, if you've had the option for Lasik.
 :claireface:

Smallest

• Curry sauce
« Reply #816 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:52 »

Claire could become the Library Enforcer, superhero defender of BOOKS!

Together with Pizza Girl they could totally start up some kind of QCverse Justice League.

Warning - while you were reading more people got laser eyes.  You may wish to duck.

Hopefully she wouldn't do it at the library, that would be misguided.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #817 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:53 »

Welcome, akujin! That was a great first post. Please stick around.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #818 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:54 »

Question:

Has it ever been established if Claire had the surgery? I seem to remember her saying she did, but I"m not 100%.

What's 'the surgery'?

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #819 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:55 »

Question:

Has it ever been established if Claire had the surgery? I seem to remember her saying she did, but I"m not 100%.

What's 'the surgery'?

It's when they take you into the hospital and perform a medical procedure on you, usually under anesthetic. And no, I don't think Claire has ever mentioned having her appendix out.

eschaton

• Furry furrier
« Reply #820 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:56 »

I like that a comic is handling a trans relationship well and giving a nice play-by-play of what we wish that everyone who has ever dated a trans person could be like. But Questionable Content has always been about flawed individuals doing the best they can and having some fun along the way. Perfect Boyfriend Marten stands out like a sore thumb.

It would actually be a cool twist, a year or so from now in comic time, if Claire dumps Marten for being "too perfect."   :-D

Smallest

• Curry sauce
« Reply #821 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:57 »

Question:

What's 'the surgery'?

It's when they take you into the hospital and perform a medical procedure on you, usually under anesthetic. And no, I don't think Claire has ever mentioned having her appendix out.

Aw, I was way off. I thought it was laser insertion.

eschaton

• Furry furrier
« Reply #822 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:58 »

What's 'the surgery'?

Claire was born with six toes on both her feet.  Jeph tastefully decided to not put her feet in the shot, so we'll never know one way or another if they were taken off. 

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #823 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:59 »

It would actually be a cool twist, a year or so from now in comic time, if Claire dumps Marten for being "too perfect."   :-D
I mean, 20 hours a week feeding homeless people is a bit much. Couldn't he cut it back to 15?

TheEvilDog

« Reply #824 on: 06 Feb 2015, 13:59 »

Question:

What's 'the surgery'?

Also a general name for a GP's office. "Just heading off to the Doctor's surgery for this cough, Mum." "Okay dear."
It's also the name of BBC Radio 1 show, usually on from 9pm to 10pm on Wednesdays.

Smallest

• Curry sauce
« Reply #825 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:00 »

Then Marten could date Meena and her husband?

Also, I don't think he's that perfect. He hasn't screwed up (yet), but that's just normal, isn't it? They haven't really had any big conflicts, but it's not just because Marten has magically averted them all- nothing has come up yet. Although I harped on them knowing each other quite a while in one of my last posts, they haven't been dating that long. It's still the beginning honeymoon period.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #826 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:01 »

Before she became the rather quiet (but assertive when needed) Claire we know today, and was still figuring herself out, she was a teen rebel, got into a motorcycle wreck, and needed ankle surgery.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Aimless

« Reply #827 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:05 »

I hated the strips with M & C hanging out that were just Claire worrying and Marten being Zen, because those just felt formulaic and flat, but the last few--and these last two in particular--have felt just right. I love 'em.

Smallest

• Curry sauce
« Reply #828 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:10 »

I hated the strips with M & C hanging out that were just Claire worrying and Marten being Zen, because those just felt formulaic and flat, but the last few--and these last two in particular--have felt just right. I love 'em.

I actually had that problem more post-breakup with Dora and Sven (I know one panel is her saying 'have I ruined my life?' and him talking/hugging).

Paulina

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #829 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:11 »

While I was reading today's comic , I imagined "God Damn, You're Beautiful" by Chester Lee playing in the background. I feel like it fits the current scene nicely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOupdSJbjw8

WanderNotAimless

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #830 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:11 »

I'm a Clairten shipper, but even I'd rather go back to the old days when the two of them were just friends and their relationship was mostly hanging out and reading books and making horrible puns.

This Marten doesn't have any of the flaws and rough edges that bounced off of Claire's rough edges and flaws so well. This is an AnthroPC Marten-Bot running "I AM A PERFECT BOYFRIEND.EXE" v. 2.0.

This resonates strongly with me. Ever since this relationship, it's almost like a completely different character from the fumbling, bumbling, over-analyzing Marten that I recall up to this point.

On another point... this seems sort of like it came outta left field? We go from Faye drama right into, what I assume to be, the first sexual encounter of a relatively new and unique relationship.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #831 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:13 »

Anyway, hopefully my last contribution to this thread (let you other kids do all the fun overanalyzing parts):

Waaah, waaah, there's not enough drama in this relationship pie, it is too sweet while I prefer a bitter taste. Like Marten's relationship with Dora, that I totally forget was mostly hunky-dory from the beginning because I have all this hindsight regarding the fights and problems they ended up having *later* in said relationship. OH wait......

But seriously guys, you're silly. We already can (and have) pointed to personality clashes that will come up more and more as this cheese ages. I can't begin to guess why some of you seem to not be aware of New Relationship Energy (or whatever you want to call it), but I'll be lenient and not accuse you of holding Claire and Marten to a different standard than you held Marten and Dora, or Tai and Dora, or Faye and Angus, or Marigold and Dale, etc. etc.

Srsly tho, New Relationship Energy can be great and help smooth out a lot of things, for better and worse. Maybe you don't experience it for some reason, but nothing here is so far off-base that it's pinging my bullshit meter, at any rate.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #832 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:14 »

This resonates strongly with me. Ever since this relationship, it's almost like a completely different character from the fumbling, bumbling, over-analyzing Marten that I recall up to this point.

It's easy to forget that, post-Padma and especially in the run up to the Skritch Incident, Marten was making a deliberate attempt to change his approach to romantic interactions. So, in a very real way, this is a v.2.0 we're seeing run... or at very least a v.2.0 beta.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #833 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:15 »

So was the attempt with Delilah the v2.0 alpha test? It's fitting, it crashed and burned pretty hard....

Technetium

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #834 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:23 »

You know, I think now that my original post in this thread might actually be a moot point, because the more I look at this, it looks like Martin's expression in the 2nd-to-last frame is like a deer in headlights. Like he's thinking "uhhhhhhh, oh shit I wasn't ready for this after all", and it makes the seeming flatness of his comment in the last frame actually make more sense, in that it may be an insincere comment. Like, he doesn't want to hurt her feelings so he's stuck now.

Or maybe not. Maybe I'm just an anti-shipper and I get a kick of the relationships in this story failing. I dunno.

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000
« Reply #835 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:28 »

From a trans perspective, technetium's heart is in the right place with their concerns, and for that reason it may be beneficial to include a *little* more reference to the unique difficulties of being trans.  But sugarsparkle is also right - we aren't fully represented by the drama, which is usually all that's depicted.  And only showing the dark side of being trans can breed severe pessimism and insecurity, especially among young people coming to terms with a trans identity.  Sometimes the best thing we can do is provide positive role models.

<snip>

Being trans is about being different, and being different challenges people unaccustomed to or not expecting differences.  More than anything, being different illustrates the best and the worst of humanity.  It shows how horrible we can be, and how wonderful.  The horrors are usually irreversible and thus intensely horrific.  But the wonderful people are actually the majority.  They just fly under the radar by treating people *normally*.

I get the impression that a bunch of people want a trans "The Laramie Project," while another wants a trans "Will and Grace". The problem is that storytelling about any individual -- much less any group of individuals -- ends up being like the blind men and the elephant; no matter how hard you try, you can only tell so much of the story. Something gets left out, or de-emphasized, only to be taken up (or forgotten) later, but you're never going to get the whole thing... even if it's your story you're telling.

Maybe (and I'm saying "maybe" because I'm not trans*, so I can't claim insider knowledge on this one) ordinary is a good thing, because ordinary leaves the door open for a hell of a lot more complexity in the end than rendering someone as a saint, sinner, or freak show (which seem to be the go-to options when portraying people outside the cis/het/white "norm"). If nothing else, it makes it a hell of a lot harder to marginalize someone when you realize their life's every bit as quotidian and pedestrian as yours 99% of the time.
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #836 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:30 »

What's 'the surgery'?

Aw, I was way off. I thought it was laser insertion.

Well, yeah. They have to take something out to make room for the laser.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Dalillama

• Furry furrier
  • Schmott Guy
    • LDOriginals: GLBT friendly costumes, sweets, and more
« Reply #837 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:32 »

Perfect Boyfriend Marten stands out like a sore thumb.
I'm not seeing it; Marten is chill and laid back, in relationships as with anything else.  He was chill, supportive, and laid back about Dora's insecurities and anxieties (Up to a point, admittedly, but it took quite a lot to get to that point), and Faye's too, although they weren't dating, why would he be any different with Claire?  (Also, I get a little annoyed by all the 'oh he's too perfect' on a personal level, since I actually have a very similar approach to relationships as Marten, and I get a little sick of people going on about how unrealistic I apparently am).

I can't.  I tried putting them in one time, and my eye felt like it was on fire for the next several hours, even after I got the damn thing back out.
Regarding Lasik, I personally possess an unholy (and irrational) terror regarding surgeries of literally any sort whatsoever (except dental surgery, for some peculiar reason), even down to such exceedingly minor procedures as pierced earlobes (I am one of two people I know who have no tattoos or piercings of any sort, and the other one is deciding what tattoo to get when he has some spare cash).
My husband makes cool clothes, costumes and candy. 10% off all candies and stuffed animals until Valentines.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #838 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:36 »

The problem is that storytelling about any individual -- much less any group of individuals -- ends up being like the blind men and the elephant; no matter how hard you try, you can only tell so much of the story. Something gets left out, or de-emphasized, only to be taken up (or forgotten) later, but you're never going to get the whole thing... even if it's your story you're telling.

This, exactly. We only have so many words. Our attention is finite. Sometimes we get lucky and capture so much of the "elephant" with one statement, it looks complete. People give praise, laud our genius, pat us on the back. But it was purely luck that our attention happened to fall on part of subject that covered so much. In the end, it still turns out we missed more than we captured.

In the internet age, there's going to be someone who will point out every detail we left out.

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #839 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:41 »

Yeah, chill out, gang.  There's lots of time for drama to unfold with this relationship.  At least one of the characters will say something stupid or inappropriate when they find out Claire's history.  (Cosette would be a an obvious choice, if only because she has such bad luck.)  We already know Claire has dad issues, and as I read the latest posts here today the thought came to mind that her dad may have rejected her after she decided to transition.  If so that's sure to come up sooner or later.  Clinton may not react well to the change in their relationship, as he isn't exactly a fan of Marten's.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #840 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:41 »

Marten may simply have been too tired to get in his own way. Once he's rested enough to be over-analytical, he may start foot-eating again.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Orkboy

• Beyoncé
  • Yelling angrily at the universe.
    • Bloodgood's Bloody Good Beer Blog
« Reply #841 on: 06 Feb 2015, 14:50 »

So, in about 20 years real-time?

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*
« Reply #842 on: 06 Feb 2015, 15:02 »

Nooooo.

The half of the cast that doesn't wear glasses should get surgery so that they need them.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #843 on: 06 Feb 2015, 15:03 »

Nooooo.

The half of the cast that doesn't wear glasses should get surgery so that they need them.

I mostly just don't like her glasses, the large, pink frame makes me upset... much more upset than it has any right to.

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #844 on: 06 Feb 2015, 15:08 »

"Before she became the rather quiet (but assertive when needed) Claire we know today, and was still figuring herself out, she was a teen rebel..."

Smallest

• Curry sauce
« Reply #845 on: 06 Feb 2015, 15:13 »

Nooooo.

Yesss

"Before she became the rather quiet (but assertive when needed) Claire we know today, and was still figuring herself out, she was a teen rebel..."

YASSSS

I can't.  I tried putting them in one time, and my eye felt like it was on fire for the next several hours, even after I got the damn thing back out.
Regarding Lasik, I personally possess an unholy (and irrational) terror regarding surgeries of literally any sort whatsoever (except dental surgery, for some peculiar reason), even down to such exceedingly minor procedures as pierced earlobes (I am one of two people I know who have no tattoos or piercings of any sort, and the other one is deciding what tattoo to get when he has some spare cash).

I have no problem touching my eyes (why do I touch my eyes? Why don't you?), but I don't have contacts because my mom accidentally poisoned me against them and I haven't gotten over it. She prefers them, but she had a ripple on her eye from surgery in the 80s (helped a bit by recent surgery) and it made soft contacts not stay in right and hard contacts painful and I spent my childhood watching her struggle with them and it still feels like they'd be more of a pain than they're worth, even though she, my younger cousin who I'm close with, my husband, and various other people I know well much prefer them to glasses.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #846 on: 06 Feb 2015, 15:16 »

I've had them for 15 years now so they never bother me. They are annoying when all you want to do is pass out though, "sigh, I have to take these fuckers out". Me switching to Oasis contacts was magical.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #847 on: 06 Feb 2015, 15:21 »

After seeing that, ex-biker Claire is now head-canon rather than an off the cuff remark.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Orkboy

• Beyoncé
  • Yelling angrily at the universe.
    • Bloodgood's Bloody Good Beer Blog
« Reply #849 on: 06 Feb 2015, 15:26 »

I desperately want this to be a real thing.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22   Go Up