THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 14:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: What is everyone playing?  (Read 90469 times)

crazybritishsteve

What is everyone playing?
« Reply #300 on: 05 Jul 2005, 01:41 »

Just started playing 'shin megami tensei'. I love this game already!

adarkA

« Reply #301 on: 05 Jul 2005, 01:59 »

i dont play games much anymore.... infact im trying to sell off my games for money haha!
But it do play, Flatout Counter strike, MTA (Multi theft auto) DooM 3 (only multiplayer, i single player was to easy on nightmare mode lmao) Oh and postal 2. :-D Rest of my games are goin to the smelly secondhand shop ha.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
« Reply #302 on: 05 Jul 2005, 02:44 »

Just finished "Freedom Force Versus the Third Reich" last night.

Right now, I'm just doodling around in a Startopia sandbox game and waiting for the next big pants-wettingly must-have release.
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

Shmid

« Reply #303 on: 05 Jul 2005, 07:28 »

Guess I'm one of the few on this site that still play Everquest.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #304 on: 05 Jul 2005, 11:59 »

Destroy All Humans!

QC_fan

« Reply #305 on: 06 Jul 2005, 05:51 »

Tekken 4/5

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #306 on: 06 Jul 2005, 09:03 »

Quote from: Awkward Silence
That's an awesome game, but way too short.

Hell yeah.  Making all sorts of things do the chicken dance and then killing them is always awesome in my book.  And with the time I get to play video games it probably will still take me a little longer then average.

adarkA

« Reply #307 on: 06 Jul 2005, 14:59 »

Ive found a oldish game that i believe rules all others!
People are always on about, Being able to move objects eg gravity gun off half life2 "Whoop-dedooo"  and these new psycotic games using telekinetics and mind tricks blah blah blah saying their all this NEW generation of gaming.

Well Lookup Systemshock2, it has it all! not as in all good graphics but i dont care about graphics to a certain extent! its the game play that counts

Systemshock2 is a game, that is scarey ALL the way thought the game, unlike DooM 3 Which i actually got bored of as it neared the end... (Very disappointing compared to DooM 2  which i still struggle to complete)

Anyhoo, systemshock2 is a bril game and i shall be playing that!
teleknintics, other mind abilitys, Guns, Scarey Events (although monsters are easy to kill at the begging and not that scary unless you run into one, (they do lotsa damage)  And Corrput AI taking contol of pratically everything! THis games got it all! If your a graphics whore though! you can go away :P

Ay

« Reply #308 on: 06 Jul 2005, 18:10 »

I'm playing Half Life: Opposing Force, Half-Life 2: Substance, CS:S, Battlefield 2, and a Half Life mod that needs some publicity, Zombie Panic (www.zombiepanic.org).

crazyaishacomics

« Reply #309 on: 07 Jul 2005, 17:43 »

For N64: Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros.

For PS2: Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando, Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal, Kingdom Hearts, the Urbz: Sims in the City, Jak and Daxter: the Precursor Legacy.

For GCube: Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, the Sims: Bustin' Out, Pokemon Colesseum, Turok, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Samurai Jack: Shadow of Aku, and a few other games I can't list right now

For GBC/GBA/DS: the Pokemon Series (the RPG ones and both Pinballs. Hey, they're addicting), Super Mario DS, and a Metroid preview game.

For computer: the Sims. I'm saving up to buy Psychonauts.

KlonoaWahoo

« Reply #310 on: 07 Jul 2005, 17:57 »

Legend of Mana for the PSX.

I find this game to be one of the best RPGS Ive ever played.

mechorg

« Reply #311 on: 07 Jul 2005, 18:41 »

I just picked up my dusty Gran Turismo 4 game this week because I've been missing it too much.  I used to play long hours on RPGs, but now I simply don't have the time to get engrossed in a plot.

I used to be quite a reqular in Carnage Blender, an online text based RPG with a great community.

Again, I don't have the time to commit to games.  I just play Tetris and Yahtzee on my phone at work all day until I can go home.

Tartar Martyr

« Reply #312 on: 08 Jul 2005, 01:06 »

Quote from: adarkA
Ive found a oldish game that i believe rules all others!
People are always on about, Being able to move objects eg gravity gun off half life2 "Whoop-dedooo"  and these new psycotic games using telekinetics and mind tricks blah blah blah saying their all this NEW generation of gaming.

Well Lookup Systemshock2, it has it all! not as in all good graphics but i dont care about graphics to a certain extent! its the game play that counts

Systemshock2 is a game, that is scarey ALL the way thought the game, unlike DooM 3 Which i actually got bored of as it neared the end... (Very disappointing compared to DooM 2  which i still struggle to complete)

Anyhoo, systemshock2 is a bril game and i shall be playing that!
teleknintics, other mind abilitys, Guns, Scarey Events (although monsters are easy to kill at the begging and not that scary unless you run into one, (they do lotsa damage)  And Corrput AI taking contol of pratically everything! THis games got it all! If your a graphics whore though! you can go away :P

I had forgotten about good ol system shock 2.  Warren Spector is God.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #313 on: 08 Jul 2005, 02:33 »

It's not the scary events you need to watch out for. It's the meticulously placed abscence of scary events that got to me.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

GeekChicOhio

« Reply #314 on: 09 Jul 2005, 14:21 »

Medal Of Honor: Pacific Assault.

...because EA just discovered most tactics in WWII were squadbased, not go-it-alone-super-hero-tom-clancy-fucktard based.

it's SOO good.

ASturge

« Reply #315 on: 09 Jul 2005, 14:33 »

Guild Wars

Battlefield 2

Deus Ex

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #316 on: 11 Jul 2005, 14:09 »

Star Wars: Battlefronts and Meteos.  Oh and Civilization 3.

AeroZeppelin

« Reply #317 on: 17 Jul 2005, 09:13 »

WoW (AeroZeppelin on Khadgar)

C.S: Source

replaying diddy kong racing for the 64

Abattur

• Furry furrier
  • CTHULHU! FUCK YEAH!
« Reply #318 on: 20 Jul 2005, 16:01 »

Panzer Elite.

Best WW2 tank game, ever.
YOUR RESISTANCE ONLY MAKES MY PENIS HARDER!

Sythe

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ><DICK>
« Reply #319 on: 20 Jul 2005, 20:46 »

Quote from: Ay
...and a Half Life mod that needs some publicity, Zombie Panic (www.zombiepanic.org).

I'm waiting for the Source release. Out of all the HL1 zombie mods, Panic was one of the best.

I play a lot of HL2 mods and the like, so gametiger me: Sythe, or [HJE] Sythe (www.gametiger.com)
Quote from: Edith
Edith.: i like balls, and they are squishy

Grogmonkey

« Reply #320 on: 21 Jul 2005, 03:54 »

I've rediscovered the joys of Uplink.  It's just like being Robert Redford in Sneakers.

Also, Galactic Civilizations, which is pretty much 'Civ in Space'.  Or at least the 'Civ in Space' that's not Alpha Centauri.

mighty zanbowser

« Reply #321 on: 21 Jul 2005, 06:49 »

been playing EVE Online, but i'm going back to CoH in anticipation of CoV beta.  also nearly a lance corporal in Battlefield 2, and still really enjoying that (if anyone thinks they've got SpecOps/chopper gunner chops, come play with me).  finished HL2 about two weeks after it came out, but i've gone back to mess about in the game since.

ah, system shock 2.  i briefly dated one of the lead art designer gals when i was managing an EB in Providence, RI... in my mind. ^_^  she used to come into my store from time to time.  i enjoyed it quite a lot, especially with her art insight (looked through lots of the game with that in mind).

i tend to play more games than i should (still working through the Nippon Ichi stuff on PS2, also just finished Katamari Damacy), but it's something i really enjoy.  Beta'd every US-MMO since EQ except for WoW (one beta i really WANTED to get into), and then played most of them for at least a month or so.  CoH is still at the top (played it until April, and I'm going back), then WoW, then MxO, with everything else filtering out into the one-two-three month slots.  EVE is pretty cool, but it's got no real staying power for me.  VERY pretty though.

ah, but i ramble.  being back in Hunt Valley has its advantages:  i'm hoping Mister Meier invites me to the Civ4 beta.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #322 on: 21 Jul 2005, 10:31 »

Quote from: Grogmonkey
I've rediscovered the joys of Uplink.  It's just like being Robert Redford in Sneakers.

Also, Galactic Civilizations, which is pretty much 'Civ in Space'.  Or at least the 'Civ in Space' that's not Alpha Centauri.

I've been curious about Alpha Centauri, how is it?

I've got back into Shadow Hearts:  Convenent.  I was stuck on something I shouldn't have been and feel ten times more stupid then I did before.

Grogmonkey

« Reply #323 on: 21 Jul 2005, 14:47 »

If you've played any of the Civilization games, you know what to expect.  It's pretty much exactly the same, but in space.  And with a few other neat options (like being able to control the design of your units to some degree).  It's one of those games that, if you enjoy turn based games that can take days to finish, you'll take to pretty readily.  Otherwise, stay away.

Shibboleth

« Reply #324 on: 21 Jul 2005, 17:01 »

I'm playing Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime 2 (Guess which console I've got).

Resident Evil 4 is insanely hard. I could only get about 1/3rd of the way through on 'normal' difficulty (kept running out of ammo. (Damn PAL version has much less ammo than NTSC version.)) I finished it on 'easy', got a rocket launcher with infinite ammo, and now having a ball playing through again.

Metroid Prime 2 is just so perfectly executed. It (and its predecessor) are worth buying a gamecube for. Graphics are perfect, and everything just ties in so well with the feel that they're trying to achieve.

MoiraFae

« Reply #325 on: 24 Jul 2005, 04:47 »

I've been playing Suikoden IV for several days now (and some Katamari Damacy now and again ;) ) ... I think I really like it. I love the fact that I'm basically a pirate, sailin' the 'igh seas. Arrrr. It's good.

ASturge

« Reply #326 on: 24 Jul 2005, 05:19 »

S4 was a massive dissapointment for me

I want old school god damnit!

soap

« Reply #327 on: 24 Jul 2005, 05:23 »

final fantasy VII on my trusty old playstation

dug it out in an "i remember this" moment ... and now the game clocks at 50+ hours and i've done all but defeat emerald weapon and sephiroth. im not sure how bu this time my charaters are all between 10-15 levels higher than when i last played it this far.

MoiraFae

« Reply #328 on: 24 Jul 2005, 06:06 »

Quote from: ASturge
S4 was a massive dissapointment for me

I want old school god damnit!

*pets and hands FFIII*

Abattur

• Furry furrier
  • CTHULHU! FUCK YEAH!
« Reply #329 on: 27 Aug 2005, 02:40 »

Monkey Island!

toastyghost

« Reply #330 on: 27 Aug 2005, 18:51 »

I just made a start on Dungeon Siege 2, but right now it doesn't seem to have diverged from the 'Hammer-the-mouse-button-til-everything-is-dead' routine. I want a good new RPG to play.

I keep finding myself wasting whole lunch breaks playing the Sin City Flash game though.

Yasser

« Reply #331 on: 29 Aug 2005, 06:06 »

Capcom vs Snk 2 on Dreamcast, and World of Warcraft on PC

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #332 on: 29 Aug 2005, 09:59 »

Just beat Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.  Just started playing Animal Crossing, oh god.  Also picked up Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles but haven't played it all that much yet.

Fabio

« Reply #333 on: 29 Aug 2005, 14:01 »

Though slightly embarassing...pokemon emerald..

Halo 1 ...again..

and Medal of honour: Pacific assault

Super Dave

« Reply #334 on: 29 Aug 2005, 21:38 »

Metal Gear Solid 1 on PS1. The old kind. With an original controller.
Oh yeah...

Stranger Dan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #335 on: 29 Aug 2005, 22:45 »

I did that a while ago since I didn't have a Playstation when it came out. It was really wierd since I was so used to having first person aiming abilities from playing MGS2 first. Actually I still can't get past Sniper Wolf.

Tedd

« Reply #336 on: 30 Aug 2005, 00:29 »

I'm playing the game where you dig for gold in your nose. I suck at it.

Anyways, aside from broad nosemining duties I'm currently starting FF III or FF VI or whichever it is. It has a war, OK?! Blow me.

I'm also hooked (as always) on Counter-Strike Source and Doom 3. I'm waiting for a number of mods to come out for HL2. If those goddamned lazy bastard mods weren't working for no money at all they'd hurry their asses up. I should go Silent Bob-The Transporter-Lo Pan on their asses.

Sythe

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ><DICK>
« Reply #337 on: 30 Aug 2005, 09:09 »

Quote from: Tedd

I'm also hooked (as always) on Counter-Strike Source

I will eat your babies in CSS, but just because I have a dislike for people:
www.deadmod.com
www.irongrip.net
Two more mods that wont be out for a while.
Quote from: Edith
Edith.: i like balls, and they are squishy

Super Dave

« Reply #338 on: 30 Aug 2005, 16:06 »

Quote from: Tedd
I'm playing the game where you dig for gold in your nose.

All the time.

La Creme

« Reply #339 on: 31 Aug 2005, 00:27 »

Dragon Warrior Monsters for teh gameboy. Old school gameboyin'. I can't beleive how much I remembered about this game. It kicks ass though.

HARDCOREEEE ZOMA!!!

La Creme

« Reply #340 on: 31 Aug 2005, 00:29 »

Also, FF3 is teh pimpest.

Bishop

« Reply #341 on: 31 Aug 2005, 06:23 »

I'm playing Animal Crossing.

Kelamin

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #342 on: 31 Aug 2005, 06:25 »

mmmm Dungeon Siege 2

very cool and very pretty
"I miss you cupcake"

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #343 on: 31 Aug 2005, 10:11 »

Quote from: Bishop
I'm playing Animal Crossing.

It's strangely addictive.  Yesterday I only meant to play it for a little bit and next thing I realize is a little bit has turned into several hours.

Super Dave

« Reply #344 on: 01 Sep 2005, 19:31 »

MGS3. After playing MGS, i decided to skip MGS2, becaue I think it's way too easy. And you have Ryden.

Abattur

• Furry furrier
  • CTHULHU! FUCK YEAH!
« Reply #345 on: 03 Sep 2005, 04:29 »

Close Combat: Invasion Normandy

One of the better RTS games there are.

toastyghost

« Reply #346 on: 04 Sep 2005, 06:38 »

Quote from: Stranger Dan
I did that a while ago since I didn't have a Playstation when it came out. It was really wierd since I was so used to having first person aiming abilities from playing MGS2 first. Actually I still can't get past Sniper Wolf.

Run to the far right, crouch down and simply shoot Nikita missiles into her face. She can't see or shoot you, and you can take your time since she's unable to spot the missiles too.

Bonus points for her still dying from taking a bullet in the neck despite being blown up though.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #347 on: 04 Sep 2005, 07:22 »

(Hopefully) gonna pick up Guild Wars today. It's on sale at Best Buy for 40 bucks and I have a 10 percent off coupon.

MysteriumTremendum

« Reply #348 on: 04 Sep 2005, 13:20 »

I didn't enjoy Guildwars, and I'm still not sure why. Mind you, the same can be said for SWG as well.

Still really enjoying UT2k4, although it appears that World of Warcraft has taken over my life. Besides that not a great deal; I dive into Deus Ex: Invisible War every now and again, but really I'm waiting for D&D Online and Vanguard.

Abattur

• Furry furrier
  • CTHULHU! FUCK YEAH!
« Reply #349 on: 22 Sep 2005, 22:50 »

Warhammer: Dark Omen

This kicks ass almost as much as Wh40k: Chaos Gate
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up