THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 17 Apr 2024, 18:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: What is everyone playing?  (Read 89969 times)

1patheticloser

What is everyone playing?
« Reply #350 on: 23 Sep 2005, 03:49 »

Fable: The Lost Chapters
I also picked Rise of Nations up again, and Morrowind, but my graphics card is having issues with 3d rendering, and Morrowing crashes like an ass.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
« Reply #351 on: 23 Sep 2005, 04:53 »

We <3 Katamari
I needed my fix

also, im not sure its a purchase, but i downloaded Marvel Vs. Capcom for MAME.
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

Simulacra

« Reply #352 on: 23 Sep 2005, 09:47 »

Quote from: 1patheticloser
Fable: The Lost Chapters

whoawhoawhoa... that's out already?  for the pc?  please oh please tell me it's out for the pc.  i don'thave an xbox so i haven't gotten to play it yet.

also, i'm currently playing ff7 and ffxi

yeah i'm a squenix whore

1patheticloser

« Reply #353 on: 23 Sep 2005, 10:29 »

Yup, Fable came out on the 20th for the PC. I played a good deal through the XBOX version, but I moved, and my XBOX never made it's way back out of it's box, and the game was someone else's.

Funny thing about the game, it insulted my computer when I first started it up. It was all like "Oh no you didn't try to run me on THIS piece of crap" and I was all like "Shut up, game, I'm gonna play you anyway."

Ok, it was more of a stylized error message saying that my computer "couldn't handle" the game. But it's doing fine. So suck it, Fable.

FYI, I have a Athalon XP 2600+, 512MB Ram, Radeon 9700Pro.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
« Reply #354 on: 23 Sep 2005, 10:59 »

Feh, fable was good, but once you finish it, it gets old really fast. I expected more from it. Maybe Lost chapters will do better.

Im currently playing a full 4 day block of We <3 katamari, broken only by bits of Killer7 to get all the sugar and sunlight out of my bloodstream, so i dont go insane.
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #355 on: 23 Sep 2005, 13:30 »

Damn it I want to play the new Katamari game.  I might have to trade stuff in.  I am guessing they aren't selling it at the same price as the first one?

Been playing the new Hulk game.  It's fun!  I've really neglected my Animal Crossing game though, I'm almost worried that the make believe world of weird voiced animals may have gone to hell!

Advanced Wars: Duel Strike is making me feel like a little little man.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #356 on: 23 Sep 2005, 16:36 »

Still Guild Wars.

I need some people to play with, *cough cough*

Merkava

« Reply #357 on: 23 Sep 2005, 18:42 »

Finished Shadow Hearts and immediately jumped into Covenant. I'm debating which one is better at the moment. It will probably be easier once I complete Covenant again.

The original was a lot darker. We'll see what happens, I guess.

Peet

• Curry sauce
  • The Second Gabber
« Reply #358 on: 28 Sep 2005, 11:13 »

Is anyone playing City of Heroes? It's a MMORPG (the first one I've ever got in to) about heroes. Ive got a guy called Baruk on it and he is cool.
Quote from: Slick
I think Astaldo should be the next Dr. Who

Wind

« Reply #359 on: 29 Sep 2005, 23:55 »

I just finished "Call of Duty" Finest Hour last night. Its funny, how you only see a few black and white pictures. But to actully take part in the events that led to the end of WW2, its wonderous.

The greatest generation, now I see why.

Tedd

« Reply #360 on: 30 Sep 2005, 03:43 »

I had a dream I was playing Resident Evil 5. Then I realized it was a dream, and I cried. I cried tiny, tiny tears.

Anyways, I'm attempting to find a copy of Chrono Cross somewhere as I just found my PS2.

Vlishgnath

« Reply #361 on: 02 Oct 2005, 09:58 »

Finally quit FFXI after 2 years.  Sweet, blissful, MMO freedom, how I've missed you.

Quote from: Merkava
Finished Shadow Hearts and immediately jumped into Covenant. I'm debating which one is better at the moment. It will probably be easier once I complete Covenant again.

I just started playing this recently.  Word from friends is that you don't need to know dick about the first game to enjoy the sequel.  I'm hoping this is true.  Covenant is a lot of fun so far (~10 hours in).

Just finished Baten Kaitos a couple months ago.  Amazing game.  Highly recommended for anyone looking for an RPG (gamecube) with some Chrono Trigger familiarities and a very unique battle system.

Been playing Custom Robo off and on for something like a year and a half.  Really fun game, just never dedicate much time to it.

Also, a few Battlefield 2 skirmishes here and there for when I just really need to run down humans in an M1A1 Abrahms.

Luke

« Reply #362 on: 02 Oct 2005, 12:45 »

I'll play Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 for a few hours if I'm in the mood. Otherwise, I don't have a lot of time set aside for gaming lately.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #363 on: 02 Oct 2005, 15:08 »

Still playing Guild Wars and Sims 2 like a motherfucker.

Kanno

« Reply #364 on: 02 Oct 2005, 17:29 »

WoW is currently ruining my life, and I'm loving every minute of it.

Now I know why they called it EverCrack...  I should probably stop before my girlfriend dumps me.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
« Reply #365 on: 02 Oct 2005, 19:53 »

Killer7 broke my brain.

Im moving on, Im finally using my psp, Midnight Club 3 and Dynasty Warriors

And as soon as my new computer comes in, ill be able to play Half-Life 2. FINALLY

Malkster

« Reply #366 on: 02 Oct 2005, 20:25 »

Civ3
Morrowind expansions
Halo 2 Live (where I die hideous deaths often)

kid_militia

« Reply #367 on: 02 Oct 2005, 23:33 »

Meteos
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Kirby: Canvas Curse

...I'm seriously in love with my DS.

Occasionaly I play UT2k4, and I'll probably get that FEAR multiplayer demo soon. Can't wait for the full version.... *drool*

Abattur

• Furry furrier
  • CTHULHU! FUCK YEAH!
« Reply #368 on: 03 Oct 2005, 05:23 »

Rome: Total War

This kicks so much ass...
YOUR RESISTANCE ONLY MAKES MY PENIS HARDER!

DustyLens

« Reply #369 on: 07 Oct 2005, 20:39 »

Quote from: Abattur
Rome: Total War

This kicks so much ass...

I have that sitting on my shelf unplayed, one day I just saw it on sale and brought it home.  Is it easy to get into if you're not big on RTS?

Games I'm playing? On the console, I'll I play much is SSBM and for the computer there's an occasional Enemy Territory game (gave up MMO's for lent and could never bring myself back).

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #370 on: 08 Oct 2005, 08:33 »

DIABLO FUCKING TWO!!

It's like 1999 all over again!

Playing LoD on closed battlenet. USWest, my account's *tonicwolf.
This game stole about a year of my life, it's doing it again and I'm loving it.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #371 on: 08 Oct 2005, 09:17 »

Baldur's Gate (the original on PS2; so I'm late to the party.)  This sort of angled overhead view action RPG is my favorite (Zelda, Ys, etc.)

Hado-Ken

« Reply #372 on: 08 Oct 2005, 13:01 »

Currently playing FFX-2 and too my shame, enjoying it...

I started again earlier; My characters were too weak; I had missed out on the best dress spheres (Beserker, Lady Luck, Mascot); Missed Full Throttle; Hardly did any extra missions. So as you can guess I was pretty much screwed, currently, I need to do there 'Where's Wakka?" mission and I have 18% completed. :)

neomang5

• Curry sauce
« Reply #373 on: 08 Oct 2005, 13:29 »

Team Fortress Classic and Opposing Force's single player.

HAAAALLF-LIIIFEEE....

SpacemanSpiff

« Reply #374 on: 08 Oct 2005, 16:56 »

Warcraft3:TFT with a mod called Night Of The Dead.
Though right now my connection is crapping out on me which means that I just lost about 150xp. Goddamn it.

AwesomeAaron

« Reply #375 on: 08 Oct 2005, 18:09 »

Both Katamari games. I finally found a kick who is willing to give up his PS2 for me to play Katamari. I drunk now so I go play it. but PS2 no is hooked up I hope I hook it up right.[/img]

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #376 on: 08 Oct 2005, 18:52 »

Just finished playing Half-Life 2 for the first time.

. . . Holy shit.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
« Reply #377 on: 08 Oct 2005, 18:58 »

That was my reaction

In fact, that whole game was just one big "holy shit" moment for me.

highlights:

the start of "Point Insertion" - "Rise and, shine, mis-ter Freeman... rise and... shine....Not, to imply that you have been.. slee-ping on the job. No-one is moredes-erving of a resthan you...." The new voice for the G-Man is just too damn cool.

The smokestack in "Water Hazard" I hear it IS possible to get under it, but I've never managed it...

The whole of "Dark Energy" from start to finish.
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #378 on: 08 Oct 2005, 19:14 »

For me, there were two stand-out sections:

The very beginning, before you even get any weapons, when you start to realise that it's possible for a game to look better than even your wildest dreams would have dared to imagine;

The fight against the striders in the streets of the city, especially the final fight where bits of the scenery are being blown up around you, and you have to throw out all of your previous gaming experience that tells you that walls are safe to hide behind, because they cannot be destroyed.

Oh, and attacking Nova Prospekt with the antlions.

But even with the best graphics and the best physics imaginable the game wouldn't be worth much if it wasn't really gripping and atmospheric.  I actually got emotionally involved in it, especially at the end where the rebels are dying around you and everything's falling to pieces, and that's a first for me with a computer game.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #379 on: 08 Oct 2005, 19:23 »

Hells yes. In "Dark Energy" when you're heading down into the reactor, and Alyx presses herself against the glass to watch for as long as possible...

Or that bit in "Red Letter Day" when she kisses her dad on the cheek. There was a moment in "Anticitizen One" when one resistance member is comforting a terrified comrade. That spoke volumes. There was a whole story there.

I seriously had chills at all kinds of moments in that game.

The very beginning, before you even get any weapons, when you start to realise that it's possible for a game to look better than even your wildest dreams would have dared to imagine...

Absolutely. I'd give anything to see the reaction of an avid gamer who's been in a coma since 1998 being exposed to HL2 for the first time...

AwesomeAaron

« Reply #380 on: 08 Oct 2005, 19:54 »

I loved taking down the spiders. This game made War of the worlds that much cooler. It's just one of those games that you have to plaay even if you don't own a PC. I really want to play the expansion. If my brother doesn't get it and come home I WILL FUCKING KILL HIM

neomang5

• Curry sauce
« Reply #381 on: 08 Oct 2005, 21:28 »

STOP THAT!
I havent played it and i get my new computer wednesday!

Until then im playing Makai Kingdom. Tactics FTW

McTaggart

• Positive feedback.
« Reply #382 on: 08 Oct 2005, 22:56 »

I wasn't that impressed. Although I didn't actually finish it, I got bored and distracted. I also think I've forgotten my STEAM password so even though I spent my damn $100 I don't think I'll get to give it another chance.

Best part: Route Canal. Loved that chapter.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #383 on: 09 Oct 2005, 03:30 »

Not to be caustic, but how can you judge what the best chapter was if you haven't finished the game? Where did you stop?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #384 on: 09 Oct 2005, 04:04 »

fps ftl

McTaggart

• Positive feedback.
« Reply #385 on: 09 Oct 2005, 07:15 »

I stopped a while into the part after Nova Prospekt. I think there was a bit with a compactor. You run down this bit between a wall and a big metal stompy thing that moves across and kills you pretty thoroughly.

I should probably have written; "Best part that I played: Route Canal".

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #386 on: 09 Oct 2005, 10:57 »

xenogears.

Kalnaur

« Reply #387 on: 12 Oct 2005, 17:20 »

I have an on again off again play time with Neverwinter Nights and Warcraft 3.  Latley though, I have set them aside for the third Ratchet and Clank, Starocean:Till the End of Time, and Legaia 2:Duel Saga.

I hope they come out with a new patch for NWN with the tilesets used in their "Pirates of the sword coast" module soon.  I'd like that tileset muy mucho.

Jeepinchrisc

« Reply #388 on: 12 Oct 2005, 17:28 »

Battlefield 2!!!!!!  Great game!!

Chris

Soylent Daveage

« Reply #389 on: 13 Oct 2005, 06:27 »

I've been playing old games recently (Too poor/cheap to get new ones)...   I just reinstalled Homeworld and have been enjoying that...  I even went back and played some Theme Hospital for a while...

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #390 on: 13 Oct 2005, 09:35 »

Quote from: jhocking
Baldur's Gate (the original on PS2; so I'm late to the party.)  This sort of angled overhead view action RPG is my favorite (Zelda, Ys, etc.)

I whole heartily also recomend Champions of Norath: Call to Arms, Baldur's Gate 2 (kind of a duh, I guess), Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, both X-Men Legends games.

I've mostly been playing X-Men Legends: Rise of Apocolypse and Advanced Wars: Duel Strike.  I'm stoked on the fact Half Life 2 comming out soon for my Xbox and still want to check out the Farcry box version as well.  Been playing Civilization 3 and Age of Myths: Gold Edition as well.  (My computer can't handle much but it was free.)

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #391 on: 13 Oct 2005, 09:48 »

Oo, thanks for the X-Men Legends recommendation.  I didn't know about that game.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #392 on: 14 Oct 2005, 19:42 »

I played a nice long game of Guild Wars just now, beat Great Northern Wall and Fort Ranik.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #393 on: 15 Oct 2005, 09:50 »

Joe:  If the storyline isn't a big deal I'd almost stay start with the second one.  Sometimes the AI of your other team mates was awful in the first game.  Of course it could provide some amusement but mostly if your as easily amused as I can be sometimes.

Bunnyman

« Reply #394 on: 19 Oct 2005, 00:12 »

I just played though HL:Blue Shift (hooray for being free on Steam) and HL:OpFor.  I'm beginning to appreciate VALVe's meta-storytelling.  I wish they'd develop their multi-POV thing a bit more.  Then again, there's HL2:Aftermath and Lost Coast coming out soon, so...

Other games recently played include Infiltration for UT classic,  America's Army and Raven Shield.  I'm really in a shoot-bad-people-with-realistic-guns mood right now.

Beat SS2 recently, gonna play it through again as a PSI guy (and actually use the abilities, not become a tech-marine again like I did this time).  People get on that game for graphics.  Sure, it's blocky, but as graphic design is concerned it's one of the most brilliant games ever made.  Insanely immersive, coherent world.

Need to play Deus Ex again.  Hooray for Hotel Carone.

And Bastard Operator From Hell: Servers Under Siege is a kickass game (hooray Underdogs!)

McTaggart

• Positive feedback.
« Reply #395 on: 19 Oct 2005, 01:23 »

I switch between the study-for-those-important-exams-in-a-few-weeks game and Diablo 2.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #396 on: 22 Oct 2005, 21:45 »

Just picked up the new Fire Emblem: Path of Radience this morning. I only got to play like 3 levels before I had to go to work, but I'm gonna fire it up again after my sister gets off the TV my Gamecube is hooked up to.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

KID

« Reply #397 on: 22 Oct 2005, 22:02 »

I just finished Minnish Cap(Zelda still don't disappoint) and am now almost done with Ratchet and Clank.
so what if it took me forever to pick it up. damn fine game, though

mrpinkcreature

« Reply #398 on: 23 Oct 2005, 05:16 »

As of lately I've been playin alot of different games. I will admit I havent been able to play my consoles for the fact that I dont even own a tv anymore...anyways
I play Counter-Strike Source
Neverwinter Night
MU
Various HLmods
Tim CO-OP(trust me its cool)HL2 Mod
Bejeweled(play this when Im chattin with to many people)
FATE(good game if you like midgets and Diable mixed...)

I also play alot of web based games like
Kings of Chaos
Popomundo
Gaia Online
and the best one ever   Rag doll effects.(all she does is keeps fallin)

AdamIsConceited

« Reply #399 on: 23 Oct 2005, 09:50 »

Battlefield 2
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up