THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who Will Faye Meet and What Substance Are They Abusing?

Tai - Pot
- 11 (13.8%)
Sven - Luuurrrve
- 24 (30%)
Marten - Zen
- 3 (3.8%)
Dora - Coffee
- 5 (6.3%)
Jim - Muffins
- 6 (7.5%)
Sam - Cane Toad Secretions
- 10 (12.5%)
Hannelore - Antiseptic Mouthwash
- 14 (17.5%)
Dale - Maple Syrup
- 7 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2907-2911 (2nd - 6th March 2015)  (Read 57943 times)

eschaton

• Furry furrier
Re: WCDT 2907-2911 (2nd - 6th March 2015)
« Reply #50 on: 02 Mar 2015, 10:37 »

Remember guys, the ad says 18-30.  That suggests no "grownups" (Clairemom, Jimbo, Jim, etc) will attend, full stop. 

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #51 on: 02 Mar 2015, 10:48 »

Hmm. Who will Faye meet there? ClaireMom would be easy to write in, but Faye would see the family resemblance I think?
Delilah as a fellow support group member? Some potential for hilarity, but may be not at par with ClaireMom.

Anyway, Faye will not enjoy it. She will either flip a table or a bird and storm out.

Who else haven't we seen for a longish time? The rest of the Secret Bakery staff! Renee the doppelganger meeting with Faye could lead to an interesting exchange between Angus' exes. Also, Elliot and Hanners were soooo cute awkward together.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #52 on: 02 Mar 2015, 11:01 »

Elliot was the one guy I ever shipped with Hannelore. Alas, it was not to be.

Remember guys, the ad says 18-30.  That suggests no "grownups" (Clairemom, Jimbo, Jim, etc) will attend, full stop. 

Ah. I guess no Claudius then. [headcanon]Yes, that is Claire's dad. His name is Claudius. Claudius Tiberius Augustus.[/headcanon] Besides, he would have been in the creeps group anyway.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Endellion

• Obscure cultural reference
  • I pun, therefore I am
« Reply #53 on: 02 Mar 2015, 11:26 »

I think that out of all characters so far, Steve would be a likely candidate to meet in the support group. If I'm not mistaken, the last time we saw Steve, he was drinking VERY heavily

I think the last time we saw Steve it was at the bar on the Night of the Scritch. The only times he gets really drunk as far as the comic has shown is after a break up, and since there's been no further drama at the CoD regarding Cosette there's not going to be an issue on that part.
It's a good thing our relationship is based in anger because there's always more fucking kindling.

eschaton

• Furry furrier
« Reply #54 on: 02 Mar 2015, 11:57 »

You know, there is one character who would probably be at the support group - Penelope. 

Penelope is the only confirmed teetotaler in the entire series.  It's never been established why she doesn't drink.  I'm presuming that she had a bad family history with alcohol, even if not a personal history with it. 

Given the past tension between Penelope and Faye, I can't think of anyone that Faye would less like to see (minus maybe Dora) if she showed up there.  That to me suggests it very well might happen.   :-D

That said, Penelope was actually helpful with Faye in the past when she was trying to get in better shape.  While they're not exactly friends, it might help to have her in more of a "big sister" role again. 
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2015, 13:15 by eschaton »

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #55 on: 02 Mar 2015, 12:12 »

Ah. I guess no Claudius then. [headcanon]Yes, that is Claire's dad. His name is Claudius. Claudius Tiberius Augustus.[/headcanon] Besides, he would have been in the creeps group anyway.

HAIL THEASER!!!!!
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

swapna

• Curry sauce
« Reply #56 on: 02 Mar 2015, 12:27 »

You know, there is one character who would probably be at the support group  Penelope. 

Penelope is the only confirmed teetotaler in the entire series.  It's never been established why she doesn't drink.  I'm presuming that she had a bad family history with alcohol, even if not a personal history with it. 

Given the past tension between Penelope and Faye, I can't think of anyone that Faye would less like to see (minus maybe Dora) if she showed up there).  That to me suggests it very well might happen.   :-D

That said, Penelope was actually helpful with Faye in the past when she was trying to get in better shape.  While they're not exactly friends, it might help to have her in more of a "big sister" role again.

Yeah, Penelope plopped in my mind, too. I still don't like the somewhat forced support group storyline, but am cautiously curious ;)

Half Empty Coffee Cup

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #57 on: 02 Mar 2015, 12:29 »

I think it'll work best if there's actually no familiar faces there except for one possibility.

What if the person running it is Faye's therapist?
Mistakes, ahoy!

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #58 on: 02 Mar 2015, 13:04 »

I think it'll work best if there's actually no familiar faces there except for one possibility.

This seems more likely than any of the possibilities so far.

We know already we'll be seeing Dr. Corrine again soon, but I thought it would be after the support group. I think you're right about it being best if Faye doesn't recognize anybody, but that's why I was hoping for Clairemom. WE know who she is, but Faye's never met her.

I'd still like Clairemom to lead the group, but it's more likely a trained therapist would be in charge.

Then again, do we know what Clairemom does for a living?
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #59 on: 02 Mar 2015, 13:19 »

Quote from: not the actual lyrics
It's not too late
To flip it
Well, flip it good

If the support group is full of people wearing flower pots, then I fully support full on table flipping. Flipped real good.

As for the ongoing 'who will be there' conversation, I vote for the BOOORING suggestion that we will will see no familiar faces there.

Well, except for:

I think we'll definitely see Faye at the support group

Yep, agreed. So, one familiar face.

(nb: the above quote was written in the context of "which arc will we see", rather than "who will we see at the support group", but it amused my small mind to quote it in the wrong context) :claireface:
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #60 on: 02 Mar 2015, 16:39 »

This seems more likely than any of the possibilities so far.

We know already we'll be seeing Dr. Corrine again soon

Do we though? Faye told Claire she had to find a -new- therapist, which I would take to mean we won't see Dr. Corrine again, or at least not in that role.
I has teh dumbs.
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2015, 19:01 by Omega Entity »

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #61 on: 02 Mar 2015, 16:44 »

? I thought it was find a new job and go back to therapy.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #62 on: 02 Mar 2015, 16:45 »

Also, Elliot and Hanners were soooo cute awkward together.
Oh Gods above, everything I see that strip I get flashbacks to my very first date, ('cept if you include this one, Elliot and Hanners said more words to each other).
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2015, 17:10 by SubaruStephen »
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #63 on: 02 Mar 2015, 16:45 »

Do we though? Faye told Claire she had to find a -new- therapist, which I would take to mean we won't see Dr. Corrine again, or at least not in that role.

Why is that? did Faye have a falling out with Dr. Corrine? I dont remember anything in the comic about it.

I guess you could argue that Dr. Corrine's approach didn't really seem to resonate with Faye.

swapna

• Curry sauce
« Reply #64 on: 02 Mar 2015, 17:09 »

I think the only thing we heard about it was Faye's 'start goin' to fuckin' therapy again', which I thought meant that she would be going back to Dr. Corrine. She's been effective in the past, and I think Faye likes her and her no-nonsense style of therapy. She's been taking her  advice, too. I think she just stopped going because it's expensive and she thought she didn't need that much it any more.

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #65 on: 02 Mar 2015, 17:21 »

I think the real issue here is that It's Always Taco Night Somewhere.

Indeed.  You learn something every day.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #66 on: 02 Mar 2015, 18:02 »

It is a horrible thought to realize that "fuckin' therapy" is what she was getting from Sven.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #67 on: 02 Mar 2015, 18:39 »

Mmm, bread-fucked...

But yeah, maybe it's time Pintsize upgraded to a new chassis.  Once that can't be switched off so easily, and can interact with people on an ordinary, less prankish, level.  Or he could just be a toaster.  It's all good.
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #68 on: 02 Mar 2015, 18:40 »

argh, the proportions in the first panel!!!  :psyduck:

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #69 on: 02 Mar 2015, 18:46 »

Faye's record of getting along with toasters is undistinguished.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #70 on: 02 Mar 2015, 18:48 »

Pintsize should be careful with being a toaster around Faye, considering her history with toasters...

Edit ... sniped...
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #71 on: 02 Mar 2015, 18:48 »

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #72 on: 02 Mar 2015, 18:49 »

They look fine to me, Faye's just hunched over.
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #73 on: 02 Mar 2015, 18:59 »

Why is that? did Faye have a falling out with Dr. Corrine? I dont remember anything in the comic about it.

I guess you could argue that Dr. Corrine's approach didn't really seem to resonate with Faye.

I think the only thing we heard about it was Faye's 'start goin' to fuckin' therapy again', which I thought meant that she would be going back to Dr. Corrine. She's been effective in the past, and I think Faye likes her and her no-nonsense style of therapy. She's been taking her  advice, too. I think she just stopped going because it's expensive and she thought she didn't need that much it any more.
? I thought it was find a new job and go back to therapy.

Go go memory fail! I apparently remembered the 'new' being in front of the therapist bit rather than before the job bit. I'm just gonna blame the closed head injury for that  :psyduck:

In other news, at least we have definitive proof of what happened to Pint size that day.

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000
« Reply #74 on: 02 Mar 2015, 19:01 »

They look fine to me, Faye's just hunched over.

She's just slouched into the corner of the sofa.
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #75 on: 02 Mar 2015, 19:11 »

Yeah, I get that it is the perspective, and that it would be possible to get that kind of distortion in a photograph with those angles.... but... but... butt...... Faye has a bobble head! and T-Rex arms!

jheartney

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #76 on: 02 Mar 2015, 19:18 »

Doesn't seem like the old Pintsize, either caring what Marten will "allow," or pulling his punches with Faye because she seems vulnerable. One of those head-denting sessions must have knocked a screw loose.

I wonder if assaulting an anthro-pc is considered a criminal act. Involuntarily switching off seems like a form of assault. Could Pintsize have Faye up on charges? Would anyone take them seriously, or is all this talk of AI civil rights just talk? (Assuming the singularity comes and real AI's start being part of human society, these are questions that will come up.)

Warning - while you were typing a more worthy string of text has been posted. Are you really going to expose actual humans to that crap you typed? Seriously?

jheartney

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #77 on: 02 Mar 2015, 19:19 »

Yeah, I get that it is the perspective, and that it would be possible to get that kind of distortion in a photograph with those angles.... but... but... butt...... Faye has a bobble head! and T-Rex arms!
The upper arm is a tad short. But hey, it's a comic; if you want questionable body proportions, try the first few hundred strips.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #78 on: 02 Mar 2015, 19:53 »

The Singularity -has- come, and AIs -are- part of human society. Many hold down human type jobs, for starters.

IIRC, civil rights are for AIs who agree to accept the corresponding responsibilities. Which lets out Pintsize and his buddies. You can mess with them, because they are free to mess with you.
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Half Empty Coffee Cup

« Reply #79 on: 02 Mar 2015, 19:57 »

Huh. Pintsize may be going a little stir-crazy. Guy needs to get out a bit more... or maybe throw an Arbor Day party.
Mistakes, ahoy!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #80 on: 02 Mar 2015, 21:03 »

Jeph said they don't feel pain like we do. Whether that should affect the law is a large question.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #81 on: 02 Mar 2015, 21:03 »

Can't be an expy of intolerance, can't be the expy of crass realization humor, Jeph doesn't like Pintsize anymore. He's being written out. Poor guy. throw aside like that.

swapna

• Curry sauce
« Reply #82 on: 02 Mar 2015, 21:10 »

Can't be an expy of intolerance, can't be the expy of crass realization humor, Jeph doesn't like Pintsize anymore. He's being written out. Poor guy. throw aside like that.

Noo not Pintsize!! he's in the first comic! He's the almost-main-character! I hope he's not written out :( I love the li'l guy!

jheartney

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #83 on: 02 Mar 2015, 21:12 »

The Singularity -has- come, and AIs -are- part of human society. Many hold down human type jobs, for starters.

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant when/if singularity comes to our Earth, not the QC one.

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #84 on: 02 Mar 2015, 21:21 »

I can't recall Pintsize ever being an expy of intolerance in the first place.  His first encounter with Claire began with an invitation to make out and ended with a paddlin', and I cannot any of their future interactions deviating from that.  At least, I can't imagine him ever making fun of Claire for being trans.  Crass sexual humor completely unrelated to her trans status, perhaps, but anything transphobic?  Nah, Pintsize is crude, but he's not cruel, and would never dish out anything his target couldn't take.  Claire's tough; she could handle him.  Marten was really overreacting with that LOOOM of his.
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #85 on: 02 Mar 2015, 21:27 »

Pintsize is an equal opportunity offender. And if sex jokes are considered wrong then I don't wanna be right.
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #86 on: 02 Mar 2015, 21:35 »

Jeph said they don't feel pain like we do. Whether that should affect the law is a large question.

I dunno, even if I *were* an AI (or possibly cyborg) who could turn off pain receptors at a whim, I'd think that being randomly assaulted as rather traumatic.  Even if there's no fear of physical pain, the idea of having one's conciousness disabled, and treated like a toy is rather frightening.  Note Momo's shocking Clinton, or the implied threat of her doing the same to Emily.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*
« Reply #87 on: 02 Mar 2015, 22:04 »

Jeph said they don't feel pain like we do.

If you program a robot to feel pain all they do is complain about it.

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #88 on: 02 Mar 2015, 22:13 »

Noo not Pintsize!! he's in the first comic! He's the almost-main-character! I hope he's not written out :( I love the li'l guy!

I just came off this strip as that Jeph has pretty much written off Pintsize and won't use him anymore to provide crass humor, or hell, just a moment of clarity/zen (can it even be considered that sometimes?) in the drama of the comic. The Transgender/Leer Strip gripe is below; to Faye's Alcoholism now.....

With perhaps exceptions to upgrades and repairs, I think the only other time Pintsize has been turned off was when Marten & Padma had sex. Maybe for just cause, but still, you think if Pintsize was on while Faye was drinking like a sailor, Pintsize would've called Marten or even the Emergency Services to help Faye much quicker? If Pintsize was on, maybe at this point he could've at least reminded Faye that by turning him off, he could've helped her get help in some way by contacting someone, even if he had to do it as an emergency measure.

Nope, we get him grumbling how he's being treated like a Scum Class citizen.

Crass sexual humor completely unrelated to her trans status, perhaps, but anything transphobic?

More on the former than the latter. Pintsize shows some lewd pic that offends/sickens Claire (but most certainly nothing transphobic, just something in bad taste in general), Marten has to come in and reprimand Pintsize to don't do that to Claire. Nothing outlandish, just something that could be a learning point, like how Pintsize can go too far even though the cast has tolerated his antics. Hell, in that context, it doesn't have to be trans-related, just some incident that can be applied in general to many things.

Instead, we got "The Leer" Deus Ex Machina strip and everything is wrapped up nice and super. *shakes head*

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #89 on: 02 Mar 2015, 22:21 »

"Deus ex machina" is a funny phrase when Pintsize is around.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -
« Reply #90 on: 02 Mar 2015, 22:59 »

No harm done to Pintsize - whew. I was concerned. Maybe he's growing too.
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #91 on: 02 Mar 2015, 23:02 »

"Deus ex machina" is a funny phrase when Pintsize is around.

I felt Jeph could've done a bit more with that one instead of having Marten as the Deus.

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #92 on: 02 Mar 2015, 23:04 »

In my experience, therapists don't like to lead the group therapy sessions their clients are in.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #93 on: 02 Mar 2015, 23:05 »

It ain't easy being Pintsize, or so it seems! Maybe he should talk to Marten about this? He is his friend, after all! If he needs to be antisocial on a regular basis, I'm sure that Marten can find someone who will indulge him!

BTW: I loved Faye's nonplussed expression in panel 3. It's the realisation that she doesn't get the little guy at all!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #94 on: 02 Mar 2015, 23:38 »

Crass sexual humor completely unrelated to her trans status, perhaps, but anything transphobic?

More on the former than the latter. Pintsize shows some lewd pic that offends/sickens Claire (but most certainly nothing transphobic, just something in bad taste in general), Marten has to come in and reprimand Pintsize to don't do that to Claire. Nothing outlandish, just something that could be a learning point, like how Pintsize can go too far even though the cast has tolerated his antics. Hell, in that context, it doesn't have to be trans-related, just some incident that can be applied in general to many things.

Or Claire sticks up for herself, lets Pintsize know he's gone too far, throws him against the wall, etc.  No need for anyone to protect her, she can take care of herself.  Or they develop their own relationship (I came up with a little dialogue here that I thought worked better than the LOOM strip, but I'm obviously biased), something full of friendly banter and subtle jabs, with Claire giving as good as she gets, until she makes a pun so terrible it renders Pintsize speechless. 

Heck, I like that idea so much I'm going to say it again: Claire makes a pun so terrible it renders Pintsize speechless.

And now I'm sad it'll never happen.

Half Empty Coffee Cup

« Reply #95 on: 02 Mar 2015, 23:47 »

Subplot: Pintsize grows more and more irritated over feeling restrained in his actions that he expresses his distaste for the present dynamic... by planning the most extravagant shenanigans yet fathomed. Secret bellybutton lasers notwithstanding.
Mistakes, ahoy!

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #96 on: 02 Mar 2015, 23:54 »

I'm reading Pintsize as "FUCK EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU I'M MOVING TO MEXICO".

On the "that could be arranged" part, I wonder if Faye is willing to turn him into a toaster...
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

Endellion

• Obscure cultural reference
  • I pun, therefore I am
« Reply #97 on: 03 Mar 2015, 00:03 »

Pintsize should talk to Emily more, they can share their toaster love' desire.
It's a good thing our relationship is based in anger because there's always more fucking kindling.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #98 on: 03 Mar 2015, 00:20 »

Faye's record of getting along with toasters is undistinguished.
Fortunately it was not unextinguished.

When Pintsize expressed a desire to be a toaster, I imagined a single red eye sweeping back and forth. He'd look very odd in a red minidress and heels though.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #99 on: 03 Mar 2015, 00:27 »

Pintsize should talk to Emily more, they can share their toaster love' desire.

On a similar vein, I think Claire should be talking to Momo more about gender identity. One went thru a gender change, the other changed chassis from a glorified Nendoroid to an Andriod and had to learn some new things in the process. Thinking those could be related somehow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up