THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 09:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do we have left to look forward to?

Gloomy Tai at the library
- 33 (43.4%)
Dora trying to make up with her GF
- 14 (18.4%)
Hannelore seeking vengeance on Juicy
- 8 (10.5%)
Marigold seeking medical aid
- 2 (2.6%)
Pintsize having an existential crisis
- 11 (14.5%)
Faye learning that 'creepy' is a state of mind
- 8 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: 10 Mar 2015, 08:40

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2912 to 2916 (9-13 March 2015)  (Read 83842 times)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: WCDT 2912 to 2916 (9-13 March 2015)
« Reply #100 on: 08 Mar 2015, 23:44 »

Marten's at work; he probably can't escape far.  Claire's presumably at work; he can run to her for help and support.  Claire may not yet know much of the background to Marten and Dora's breakup, so there's scope for a new viewpoint there.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Euthemes

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #101 on: 08 Mar 2015, 23:49 »

They'll talk about it eventually. If necessary, Tai will tackle him american-football-style.
Κουέσιοναμπλ κόντεντ

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000
« Reply #102 on: 08 Mar 2015, 23:50 »

It'd be interesting to hear Claire's perspective, not least because it'll give her something to say/do beyond the last several weeks' worth of Cute Girlfriend material.
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #103 on: 08 Mar 2015, 23:57 »

There is every chance that tomorrow's comic will open with Marten saying "sorry, had a moment there," followed by a serious conversation. But I doubt Marten will be able to offer much constructive assistance.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

ItsNotATumor

• Not quite a lurker
  • Eat any good books lately?
« Reply #104 on: 09 Mar 2015, 00:00 »

Because Marten sees

and then

Khazgar

• Plantmonster
« Reply #105 on: 09 Mar 2015, 00:05 »

It's out of character for Marten to not at least try to help. Either he's overwhelmed from looking after Faye or there's something else going on. Even if his history with Dora made him not want to get involved, he could at least have heard Tai out. 
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2015, 02:22 by Khazgar »

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #106 on: 09 Mar 2015, 00:11 »

I wonder whether Claire will offer relationship advice. She doesn't have experience but definitely has brains.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

icklebeccy

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #107 on: 09 Mar 2015, 00:14 »

Looong time lurker coming out to write first post (never thought it would be due to a funny strip like this one).
Anyway, am I the only one who thinks Marten noped out of the room because he seen someone/something behind Tai? Maybe Dora wanting to apologise? Or Clinton and Emily making out?

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #108 on: 09 Mar 2015, 00:31 »

I certainly didn't think that, but it would be an amusing twist.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #109 on: 09 Mar 2015, 00:43 »

Very odd behaviour from Marten today. Y'know, Marten looks so scared that I think that we have all underestimated just how traumatized he was by his relationship with Dora. There is a definite air of: "Oh no! It's happening again! AGAIN!"

I also think it is possible that he's under-caffeinated for this conversation. He's going to have a mug or two of the hard stuff before even trying to talk to Tai.

Of course, it could be that he has decided: "I'm in a great relationship and I'm helping Faye, which puts me over my 'good karma quota. Why should I lower my happiness by getting in the middle of this? ESPECIALLY when I know that Dora has so much crazy in her head that any attempt to interfere will seem to her to be a betrayal or rejection of our already-distant friendship?"

But, yeah; this seems a little OOC for him. I'm going for the 'coming back with the strongest possible coffee' theory. This gives him an excuse to go to CoD and judge Dora's mood. That could also be equally horrifying to him.

I've got a strange feeling that he's going to end this week with both Dora and Tai crying on his shoulder!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #110 on: 09 Mar 2015, 00:52 »

Dammit, you guys are making me want to wear a trilby on top of a fedora out of pure spite.  And I haven't worn a hat of any kind in years.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*
« Reply #111 on: 09 Mar 2015, 01:13 »

I wonder whether Claire will offer relationship advice.

It's up to Emily to save the day!

Somehow.

tywren

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #112 on: 09 Mar 2015, 01:28 »

You're thinking of a trilby, not a fedora. Indiana Jones wore a fedora; the trilby is worn by knuckle-dragging, ass-breathing basement dwellers.

Further citation:
http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/brand-thats-not-a-fedora-and-stop-wearing-it/

Technically Indy wears a wide brimmed fedora. The fedora in that pic is of the narrow brimmed variety warn by latte sipping hipsters.

Bad form young man, bad form.

No, the faux pas is with Tai here; she just went to her GFs ex for relationship advice/consolation/soundboarding. I mean come on, by his own admission he's sick of Dora's shit, at least when it comes relationship issues, so it's probably not all that appreciated when someone else comes dragging that same shit in and drops it at his feet after he'd moved on.
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2015, 18:07 by tywren »

anahata

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Never knowingly understood
« Reply #113 on: 09 Mar 2015, 01:43 »

No, the faux pas is with Tai here; she just went to her GFs ex for relationship advice/consolation/soundboarding. I mean come on, by his own admission he's sick of Dora's shit, at least when it comes relationship issues

Of all the analyses posted so far, this explains it best to me.
Tai didn't have much choice though. Her only way to avoid the situation would be to put on a brave cheerful face and pretend nothing had happened, or to say "oh, nothing" when Marten asked what's wrong, and I don't think Tai's the sort of person who'd dissemble like that.
It's Okay! I just won't touch any machines!

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #114 on: 09 Mar 2015, 01:43 »

For y'all who are thinking Marten's dealings with Tai are uncharacteristic, check out the first time she actually asked him for advice.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

rfrank dodelijk

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #115 on: 09 Mar 2015, 01:53 »

as long as it's not just some awful plot device to show off claire's superhappybestgilfriendindintheworld powers.
I want to express a feeling exemplified by a clicky, dismissive, back of the throat, gak sort of noise but I can't think how to spell it.

oh yes, well done, marten.

Scarblac

• Plantmonster
« Reply #116 on: 09 Mar 2015, 02:10 »

Tai didn't have much choice though. Her only way to avoid the situation would be to put on a brave cheerful face and pretend nothing had happened, or to say "oh, nothing" when Marten asked what's wrong
What's wrong with "I feel bad because of something between me and Dora, that I won't bother you of all people with"?

tywren

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #117 on: 09 Mar 2015, 02:20 »

Tai didn't have much choice though. Her only way to avoid the situation would be to put on a brave cheerful face and pretend nothing had happened, or to say "oh, nothing" when Marten asked what's wrong
What's wrong with "I feel bad because of something between me and Dora, that I won't bother you of all people with"?

Or even "Dora drama, don't worry about it".

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #118 on: 09 Mar 2015, 02:21 »

For y'all who are thinking Marten's dealings with Tai are uncharacteristic, check out the first time she actually asked him for advice.

Tai needs to buy one of those shirts for Claire - She'd really appreciate the sentiment!

Yeah, Tai shouldn't be surprised that a relationship with Dora leads to drama. That said, she is young enough to be optimistic (and, I think, hurt enough by her past 'relationships' that she wanted to be optimistic). FWIW, though, this isn't exactly on a scale with Marten's arguments with Dora. This is just Dora putting up a wall because she's hurt. Tai may have to make the first move, as Marten has advised her before.
~~~~

KevxD

• Emoticontraindication
  • n00b
« Reply #119 on: 09 Mar 2015, 02:27 »

Marten and Dora broke up because of constant petty fighting where Dora was being unreasonable.

Tai has just had a petty fight with Dora and considers how she acts to be unreasonable (ie not talking to her about it)

Marten knows there is nothing in this situation he can do or say that won't end up with his ass getting chewed out by someone

So he nope'd

Funniest comic in a long while too.
The skyline was beautiful on fire, all twisted metal stretching upwards, everything washed in a thin orange haze
I said: "Kiss me, you're beautiful - these are truly the last days"
You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream or a fever

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #120 on: 09 Mar 2015, 02:29 »

In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #121 on: 09 Mar 2015, 02:31 »

God forbid people don't act like perfect friends in a fictional internet comic :p

I think thats how we got the shit storm that was Clariten.

Then again, hopefully this is just for comedy, and tomorrow is him trying to be a friend instead of being a jerk, cause this is REALLY not Marten's character.
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2015, 02:39 by cesariojpn »

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #122 on: 09 Mar 2015, 02:43 »

There is a fine line between being cool with your friend dating your ex, and getting involved with their problems to the point that you are vicariously experiencing everything you hated about that relationship.

Actually, it's not a fine line at all, it's more of a canyon.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #123 on: 09 Mar 2015, 03:04 »

There is a fine line between being cool with your friend dating your ex, and getting involved with their problems to the point that you are vicariously experiencing everything you hated about that relationship.

Actually, it's not a fine line at all, it's more of a canyon.

Yes, there is that. However, there is also the aspect of friendship that involves gritting your teeth and dealing with vicarious pain because, damn it, your friend is hurting and maybe, just maybe, you can make things better.

Remember: Tai didn't ask for help; Marten effectively offered it, sight unseen.
~~~~

Reaver

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #124 on: 09 Mar 2015, 03:11 »

Lol Marten is a bad friend for noping out of MORE stress atop of the stress he already has, but Tai isn't a bad boss for talking to her Employee, about her personal issues at work, about his ex, whom dumped him over the exact same issue she's having with her  :psyduck:

Also just because you are someone's friend doesn't mean you HAVE to always deal with ALL of their issues, He's helping out Faye, Faye is a full time job AND Part time, he doesn't need Tai's shit, Tai is an adult and can handle her own problems.
Bravery is looking down the dark hall, knowing that you are utterly terrified of the dark, and charging in anyways.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #125 on: 09 Mar 2015, 03:16 »

Also just because you are someone's friend doesn't mean you HAVE to always deal with ALL of their issues

Strawman; no-one is even suggesting that he deal with all of her issues - just this one.
~~~~

Reaver

« Reply #126 on: 09 Mar 2015, 03:30 »

Also just because you are someone's friend doesn't mean you HAVE to always deal with ALL of their issues

Strawman; no-one is even suggesting that he deal with all of her issues - just this one.

He's already dealing with Faye's issues, He doesn't need to involve himself in this pit fall! The last time he danced this dance, he got kicked in the balls.
Bravery is looking down the dark hall, knowing that you are utterly terrified of the dark, and charging in anyways.

McH

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #127 on: 09 Mar 2015, 03:35 »

I'm with Marten here. He's overall a cool guy but even chill guys have limits, and dealing with DoradramaTM is definitely an excusable: "Been there, done that.. nope". As for his way of responding being dickish? Yeah. A little. But he's human, and Tai started off in what seemed to be a tirade about his ex that she wasn't going to warn him about. So, in terms of acting perfect, that ship kind of sailed right then and there.

Well, this is the one he especially isn't going to deal with, apparently.
Each piece of music tells a story. It can be a different story for everyone. It may be different today than it was last year. What will it be in 50? Who knows.

~He who doesn't seek ease, is lazy~

Wildroses

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #128 on: 09 Mar 2015, 03:44 »

You know, if my boss had started complaining about their relationship problems with a current friend and ex-girlfriend who also recently (and justifiably) fired my best friend and is still the boss of another close friend, I think I'd have backed away too.

There is no way for Marten to win here. If he tries to be sympathetic to Dora he risks his boss being mad at him for not appreciating her point of view. If he tries to be sympathetic to Tai, he risks angering her anyway as she might be angry at him for hating on Dora whom she still loves despite their argument, or he risks it getting back to Dora later; either because Tai would say to Dora "Marten was so right about you!" or as a passing remark unwisely made by Tai who wouldn't think it a big deal after they have reconciled (Yes, that is likely. Believe me, it happens all the time in my office). And because Dora is someone he sees a lot of and is close to a lot of his friends, an angry Dora could have serious social consequences for Marten.

It is, of course possible for Marten to try be sympathetic to both, but this requires great verbal skills, something Marten doesn't have, especially when he is put on the spot. Remember the speech he gave at his Dad's wedding?

No, Marten's best course of action is to back silently away.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #129 on: 09 Mar 2015, 04:03 »

You know, if my boss had started complaining about their relationship problems with a current friend and ex-girlfriend who also recently (and justifiably) fired my best friend and is still the boss of another close friend, I think I'd have backed away too.

...and all that followed...
This. So much this.

I cannot help but feel that I called it :Ţ

Heh. I think this could have been another sign of character growth for Marten. Sometimes you gotta be the "bad guy" or at least the guy who is not actively going above and beyond. For your own good, if nothing else.

Marten does tend to play the support role at his own expense.

OTOH, I think it is a sight gag, and a good one at that. And a nice reminder that QC isn't reality and characters often do break the rules of polite socialization for the funny. I expect We will shortly find Marten either being disapproved of by Claire or threading his way through explaining the deal to Tai.

OR we could see him doing the smart thing and sending in a "disinterested" third party. Like Claire!

Then we could have a lively debate about whether Tai and Claire talking about Dora passes the Bechdel Test and--if it does--is it feminist (yes and yes, of course, but that's because I said so and I'm always right).

CM_albion

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #130 on: 09 Mar 2015, 04:26 »

Eh, Marten might have noped his way out of the office in this strip for comic effect, but once his fight/flight instincts have calmed down, i predict in the next couple of strips everyone will talking normally, possibly preceded by "ok...ok.."

OR

Claire and Momo see marten backpeddling, Tai follows, explains to them, they start backpeddling too...

NilsO

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) Butts Butts Butts Butts
« Reply #131 on: 09 Mar 2015, 04:32 »

Let us try to analyse Tai's statement:
Dora and I had an argument. I was just trying to get her to TALK to me, but she-
Possible triggers:
  • argument - Getting into an argument with Dora is generally a Bad Thing.
  • TALK - Dora doesn't do TALKs. Trying to will only summon the demons. I would guess Dora has had some really bad experiences pre-QC. We got small glimpses when Marten visited her parents, but there are probably a lot more.
As others have commented, one possible explanation for Marten's action is that anything he can do or say will only worsen the situation. Therefore, he backs away. But my guess is that he just needs a time-out to compose his thoughts. He shall be back tomorrow, TALKing to Tai. His advise: Do not summon old demons. Things might still work out if Tai stays away from certain subjects, but it is up to her to accept the terms or not.

WareWolf

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Makin' This Up As I Go
« Reply #132 on: 09 Mar 2015, 04:44 »

Marten and Dora broke up because of constant petty fighting where Dora was being unreasonable.

Tai has just had a petty fight with Dora and considers how she acts to be unreasonable (ie not talking to her about it)

Marten knows there is nothing in this situation he can do or say that won't end up with his ass getting chewed out by someone

So he nope'd

Funniest comic in a long while too.

Exactly. This is his BOSS having romantic problems with his EX. No good can come of getting into the middle of that minefield. And I agree, the expression on his face and the slow fade is priceless.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #133 on: 09 Mar 2015, 04:51 »

Claire and Momo see marten backpeddling, Tai follows, explains to them, they start backpeddling too...

I can see Momo going into a full panic shutdown. "Emergency NOPE mode engaged!"
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #134 on: 09 Mar 2015, 05:01 »

Really, all Marten has to do is hug Tai, agree with her that relationship problems suck and encourage her not to run away from the problem.

He doesn't have to take sides, give detailed advice or even get Dora's side of the story (I suspect that Dora will go to Faye or one of the CoD girls and get told off for being an ass). What he really should do is offer his friend empathy and comfort. Sometimes, that's the most that you can do.
~~~~

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #135 on: 09 Mar 2015, 05:02 »

You know, that makes me wonder if we're about to see some drama between Claire and Tai that's been set up for a long time.

Claire has a very long history of taking professionalism at the library very seriously (even if she's been more than a bit hypocritical about it at times). She's also openly expressed frustration with Tai's lack of professionalism. What Tai just did could be argued to be extremely unprofessional...

MrCorvin

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #136 on: 09 Mar 2015, 05:33 »

I hate to say it, but that was the only response Marten should give in regards to this issue.

WareWolf

• Makin' This Up As I Go
« Reply #137 on: 09 Mar 2015, 05:48 »

Really, all Marten has to do is hug Tai, agree with her that relationship problems suck and encourage her not to run away from the problem.

He doesn't have to take sides, give detailed advice or even get Dora's side of the story (I suspect that Dora will go to Faye or one of the CoD girls and get told off for being an ass). What he really should do is offer his friend empathy and comfort. Sometimes, that's the most that you can do.

Yeah, but it's harder to make that funny. As others have observed, we've had an awful lot of squeeee and awwww lately.

ASB84

« Reply #138 on: 09 Mar 2015, 05:49 »

Alright, since I've already enjoyed the amusing visual gag in today's strip, it's time for some over-analysis.

The issue of readers having unrealistic expectations of perfection has been brought up a couple of times in the past week. That's not why there are objections to the way certain characters are handling their business. When we consume fiction and react to fictional characters, we're (generally) not holding them to an unrealistic standard of perfection, but we do compare them to the real world, particularly when the characters are well-rounded, realistic, and relateable.

To that end, we don't ask them to be perfect, but we do ask: are their actions, attitudes, and motives understandable? Reasonable? Sympathetic? That's what shapes our reactions to the characters and their role in the plot.

Take Marten here. What he did wasn't the best thing he could've done, but when we examine his reasons, they're understandable. He's in a difficult situation, so it's reasonable that he doesn't want to unpleasant issues from the past or get tangled up in someone else's argument...particularly as it involves his boss and his ex. Tai has, directly or indirectly, asked a lot of him: being cool with the way she lusted after Dora while she and Marten were together, not making an issue out of her wanting to make a move on Dora almost immediately after the break-up, and waking him up in the middle of the night to seek reassurance and support after her first date with Dora. One can sympathise with Marten's position, even if you don't completely agree with his handling of the situation.

Compare that to last week's "bad friend" moment with Hanners and Marigold. It's understandable that Marigold isn't that interested in the proceedings, callous as that may be, but ignoring Hanners was not a reasonable way to treat a close friend and guest. Her lack of common courtesy and support for a friend who has been very kind and supportive to her makes her unsympathetic; instead, Hanners is the one most readers would sympathise (or even empathise) with. It's not that Marigold is imperfect, it's that in this particular situation, her actions don't pass the understandable/reasonable/sympathetic test. At the very least, they score lower than Marten's actions do.

Of course, in both cases, it makes for a funny punchline. Amusement and criticism of the character's actions (or reactions) are not mutually exclusive. We can roll our eyes at Marigold's lack of social grace, while also chuckling at her butchering of the details. We can sympathise with Marten's situation and laugh at the "NOPE" reactions, while also acknowledging that it wasn't his best move.

WareWolf

• Makin' This Up As I Go
« Reply #139 on: 09 Mar 2015, 05:54 »

Alright, since I've already enjoyed the amusing visual gag in today's strip, it's time for some over-analysis.

:-D

Amusement and criticism of the character's actions (or reactions) are not mutually exclusive. We can roll our eyes at Marigold's lack of social grace, while also chuckling at her butchering of the details. We can sympathise with Marten's situation and laugh at the "NOPE" reactions, while also acknowledging that it wasn't his best move.

Emotional pratfalls can be as amusing as physical ones.

All that said, I'm with the folks who think Marten will eventually grit his teeth and take the risk of this blowing up in his face. Which it will. Oh, yes, it will.

sleypy

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #140 on: 09 Mar 2015, 06:08 »

I don't post often, but I had to for this one. I had a little voice in my head saying "Thar be Dragons!" Marten's expression was perfect.

There was nothing good to come from that situation. He would have been comforting her now, but setting her up for a bigger argument down the road. Tai doesn't play things close to the vest and would eventually mention her and Marten conversation. Tai might get mad at Marten (Dora too if she hears how he reactied), but that is probably the best possible result for Tai and Dora's relationship I think.
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2015, 09:13 by sleypy »

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #141 on: 09 Mar 2015, 06:48 »

... And Emily sees them and joins in. By then they're out on the sidewalk, picking up more backpedalers ("SROB SROB SROB ..." and on and on, picking up Faye on her way to therapy, Pizza Girl on her way to deliver to Penelope,  one great big Katamari Damacy backpedaling blob consuming all it touches until Coffee of Doom is reached. Last line is Dora's: "What the hell ass baRRRRRRGGGHHH ..."
(Iris out. PINTSIZE says "th-th-th-that's all Folks!  Heheheheheh. You thought I was going to say sonofabitch, didn't you?" Blee-OOP and fade to black.)
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #142 on: 09 Mar 2015, 07:15 »

... And Emily sees them and joins in. By then they're out on the sidewalk, picking up more backpedalers ("SROB SROB SROB ..." and on and on, picking up Faye on her way to therapy, Pizza Girl on her way to deliver to Penelope,  one great big Katamari Damacy backpedaling blob consuming all it touches until Coffee of Doom is reached. Last line is Dora's: "What the hell ass baRRRRRRGGGHHH ..."
(Iris out. PINTSIZE says "th-th-th-that's all Folks!  Heheheheheh. You thought I was going to say sonofabitch, didn't you?" Blee-OOP and fade to black.)

And so ends the entire comic.
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

CM_albion

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #143 on: 09 Mar 2015, 07:29 »

And so ends the entire comic.

with the entire cast back peddled into a huge pile in the middle of coffee of doom, then que sitcom group laughter and fade to black?

could be worse.

dexeron

• My Twitter
« Reply #144 on: 09 Mar 2015, 08:12 »

I think Marten's just concerned about the Allosaurus standing behind Tai.

Euthemes

• Not quite a lurker
Κουέσιοναμπλ κόντεντ

McH

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #146 on: 09 Mar 2015, 10:25 »

One more thing I'd like to point out. Marten isn't even thinking this through. Look at his skin colour: he turns *pale*. The whole mention of "I'm just trying to get her to talk" must be setting off red flares in his system that caused him to flee the scene.
Each piece of music tells a story. It can be a different story for everyone. It may be different today than it was last year. What will it be in 50? Who knows.

~He who doesn't seek ease, is lazy~

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #147 on: 09 Mar 2015, 10:48 »

This is instantly one of my favourite strips.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #148 on: 09 Mar 2015, 10:52 »

One more thing I'd like to point out. Marten isn't even thinking this through. Look at his skin colour: he turns *pale*. The whole mention of "I'm just trying to get her to talk" must be setting off red flares in his system that caused him to flee the scene.
Which is kind of an important point. His slowly backing away, never breaking eye contact and locking himself in the office really doesn't strike me as a 'NOPE'. It's more like someone who just saw a big, dangerous animal about to strike and is slowly backing away from the danger. Once he calms down from the initial panic, he'll probably be a better friend. But right now alarm sirens are going off in his head and there's a flailing robot going 'DANGER! DANGER MARTEN REED!'

Schwungrad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #149 on: 09 Mar 2015, 10:57 »

I think Marten's just concerned about the Allosaurus standing behind Tai.
That's not an Allosaurus, that's a Velociraptor and the Raptor is Claire.
(click to show/hide)

I think while Marten's exit might be considered overly dramatic (and I'm sure he'll apologize to Tai for that in one of the next strips), he's completely within his rights to not want to discuss Dora-problems with Tai.
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2015, 00:30 by pwhodges »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up