THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 16:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What exciting new direction will QC take this week?

Faye, Claire, Marten, Steve and Shelby travel the country in a beat up van solving mysteries.
- 22 (27.2%)
The return of indie references. Current audience perplexed and doesn't know what's going on.
- 33 (40.7%)
Robot Apocalypse.
- 11 (13.6%)
Alpacalypse
- 15 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: 22 Mar 2015, 09:42

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2917 to 2921 (16-20 March 2015)  (Read 54155 times)

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
Re: WCDT 2917 to 2921 (16-20 March 2015)
« Reply #250 on: 19 Mar 2015, 20:51 »

I will happily add hugs to the hug jar. I'm a huggy person. So long as you're into it, I will hug you at any available moment. *hug*

You don't want to hug me, I'm a monster.

Leave them in the jar for those in need.
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

OldGoat

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #251 on: 19 Mar 2015, 21:05 »

Is Arthur just a walk-on character, or is he another red haired guy like Angus there in the strip to freak Fay out once she take time to notice?

Consilium

• Plantmonster
  • Less important than Jesus.
« Reply #252 on: 19 Mar 2015, 21:12 »

I've been waiting for Jeph to get to this part of the story since the newspaper article! This is kind of exciting.  :-D
I wonder if Jeph will have whacky characters in the group, or if he'll take more of a serious approach to it. Probably a hybrid of the two, based on his experiences.

Anyway, the whole alias thing caught me by surprise. I know Faye is skeptical about the group, but Hanners isn't! Maybe she just wants to feel incognito? I wonder how this will play out; if any characters revealed in the group end up being "full time" cast members, they'll likely have some qualms with Jane suddenly not being 'Jane' anymore. Not to mention the baroness' name...

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #253 on: 19 Mar 2015, 21:15 »

I've been waiting for Jeph to get to this part of the story since the newspaper article! This is kind of exciting.  :-D
I wonder if Jeph will have whacky characters in the group, or if he'll take more of a serious approach to it. Probably a hybrid of the two, based on his experiences.

Anyway, the whole alias thing caught me by surprise. I know Faye is skeptical about the group, but Hanners isn't! Maybe she just wants to feel incognito? I wonder how this will play out; if any characters revealed in the group end up being "full time" cast members, they'll likely have some qualms with Jane suddenly not being 'Jane' anymore. Not to mention the baroness' name...

Hanners saw Faye coming up with an alias and thought that meant she needed to as well. She's just not very good at coming up with aliases.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #254 on: 19 Mar 2015, 21:19 »

Is Arthur just a walk-on character, or is he another red haired guy like Angus there in the strip to freak Fay out once she take time to notice?

He actually is Angus, playing the greatest role of his life: that of an Angus lookalike whose slight resemblance to Faye's old boyfriend will unnerve her a bit, even as his group therapy (and, later, one-on-one) sessions help her to heal.  Even though their relationship is, of course, that of therapist and patient, he will nonetheless use his unholy ACTING. TALENT. to get close enough to Faye that she finally opens up and realizes that maybe, just maybe, she can trust another man again.

And then he'll break her heart the way that she broke his.
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

tywren

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #255 on: 19 Mar 2015, 21:24 »

Between the crazy grandmother line, and the crowbar, does anyone else see Hannalor being pointed in the direction of the "separate group"?

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*
« Reply #256 on: 19 Mar 2015, 21:32 »

She's just not very good at coming up with aliases.

She's not good at it. She's great at it.

I bet Jane doesn't even have a backstory.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #257 on: 19 Mar 2015, 21:57 »

She's just not very good at coming up with aliases.

I bet Jane doesn't even have a backstory.

Unwed mother of 17. Took to the drink to forget about all the assassinations she did to provide for her kids.
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #258 on: 19 Mar 2015, 22:06 »

That's a painkiller.

PLOT TWIST  Arthur turns out out to be Angus' long lost brother.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Wildroses

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #259 on: 19 Mar 2015, 22:19 »

Anyone else think Hannelore wasn't lying and really does have an insane baroness grandmother? Seems appropriate considering her family. Probably her maternal grandmother, Hannelore's Mum is the one with the more aristocratic side.

Euthemes

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #260 on: 19 Mar 2015, 22:43 »

Relax Hannelore, just act unnatural.

Faye should have given her a warning, besides the crowbar. Hannelore seems to have a problem with spontaneous lying.
Κουέσιοναμπλ κόντεντ

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #261 on: 19 Mar 2015, 22:57 »

PLOT TWIST  Arthur turns out out to be Angus' long lost brother.

Actually, remember when Angus talked about his first impressions of Marigold back in college?

Arthur is one of Angus' roommates.

"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

tywren

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #262 on: 19 Mar 2015, 23:25 »

He actually is Angus, playing the greatest role of his life: that of an Angus lookalike whose slight resemblance to Faye's old boyfriend will unnerve her a bit, even as his group therapy (and, later, one-on-one) sessions help her to heal.  Even though their relationship is, of course, that of therapist and patient, he will nonetheless use his unholy ACTING. TALENT. to get close enough to Faye that she finally opens up and realizes that maybe, just maybe, she can trust another man again.

And then he'll break her heart the way that she broke his.

Then Hannalor's mother shows up saying "You should have taken that job i offered you when you had the chance".

BTW i'm just going to start calling these little snippets The Ultra-Dark, Other-Vers, headcannon. They even come with their own theme song.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #263 on: 20 Mar 2015, 00:24 »

Not the best start, is it Faye? On the flip side, there is no doubt that she's nervous. Hiding behind a pseudonym probably makes her feel less vulnerable. It might have worked if Hannelore's imagination was anything but mad squirrels running in circles in her head!

Of course, Arthur has probably lost count of all the 'John Smith', 'Jane Doe' and the like on the registration cards. I'm sure that most eventually admit to their real names in time!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

anahata

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Never knowingly understood
« Reply #264 on: 20 Mar 2015, 01:26 »

It's part of Arthur's job not to be shocked at the things revealed by people in the group, so I'm sure he doesn't turn a hair at obvious pseudonyms. I'm surprised he even commented at Hanners' choice.
It's Okay! I just won't touch any machines!

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #265 on: 20 Mar 2015, 01:52 »

What did Hanners do with the crowbar?

I'm imagining Hanners' insane grandmother as a dieselpunk* version of the Baroness from GI Joe. No doubt on her mother's side; those Bond-villain genes have to come from somewhere.

*Hanners isn't old enough for her grandma to be steampunk - or is she? Steampunk is in my computer's spell-checker, but dieselpunk is not.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

NilsO

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) (_!_) Butts Butts Butts Butts
« Reply #266 on: 20 Mar 2015, 01:53 »

Hanners probably parked the crowbar by the entrance, in order not to look too conspicuous.

Regarding Hanners' pseudonym: Any clue?

Meilu

• Plantmonster
« Reply #267 on: 20 Mar 2015, 05:16 »

Hanners probably parked the crowbar by the entrance, in order not to look too conspicuous.

Regarding Hanners' pseudonym: Any clue?

I came here to post the same thing. Curses.

Sir Wheatley

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • Space? SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
« Reply #268 on: 20 Mar 2015, 05:18 »

Plot twist: Her grandmother was the great Old One Cthulhu !  :-D
Or a deep one...

It would explain her mental problem...

Dr. Gamera

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #269 on: 20 Mar 2015, 05:20 »

"Life Support's a group for people coping with life

You don't have to stay too long"

NilsO

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #270 on: 20 Mar 2015, 05:43 »

He actually is Angus, playing the greatest role of his life: that of an Angus lookalike
:mrgreen: Somehow, Arthur reminds me of Clinton. Hopefully, he is less creepy. Arthur might be a recurring character (and a prime target for shippers), we just do not know yet. Also, what is his background? Is he a psychiatrist like Dr. Corrine, or an ex-alcoholic?

I am surprised they had to hunt down a person to ask for directions, an event like this should have a sign at the entrance. Also, I hope there will be more people showing up than just Faye and Hanners (I guess it boils down to how many characters Jeph can be bothered to draw).

The support group is a good opportunity to introduce new characters. Jeph seems to have grown tired of many in the old cast.

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #271 on: 20 Mar 2015, 05:52 »

"Life Support's a group for people coping with life

You don't have to stay too long"

No day but today.
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

DrBear

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Icon being from guest comic by the Hjinks Ensue.
    • Blog about my book
« Reply #272 on: 20 Mar 2015, 06:08 »

Trivia item 1: The episode in which Henry Blake is killed in MASH is titled "Abyssinia, Henry."

Trivia item 2: "Abyssinia Coelacanth" was Jeph's second choice for a band name after "Deathmole."

(note: one of these items is likely not true)
I'm working on slashfic involving Lily from AT&T, Jan from Toyota and Jake from State Farm.

KevxD

• Emoticontraindication
  • n00b
« Reply #273 on: 20 Mar 2015, 06:31 »

I just assumed Hannelore's Grandmother actually was an insane Baroness, only occurred to me after that that was made up as well :psyduck:
The skyline was beautiful on fire, all twisted metal stretching upwards, everything washed in a thin orange haze
I said: "Kiss me, you're beautiful - these are truly the last days"
You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream or a fever

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #274 on: 20 Mar 2015, 06:41 »

I don't see the similarity between Arthur and Angus. Different hair, different faces.
I will happily add hugs to the hug jar. I'm a huggy person. So long as you're into it, I will hug you at any available moment. *hug*

You don't want to hug me, I'm a monster.

Leave them in the jar for those in need.

I have hugs for anyone who needs/wants one. Even monsters, if they're not going to snap my neck, or do anything else horrible to me for it
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #275 on: 20 Mar 2015, 06:44 »

I just assumed Hannelore's Grandmother actually was an insane Baroness, only occurred to me after that that was made up as well :psyduck:

Actually, when you take into the consideration the possible date, there is no reason why you can't have a head-canon that Beatrice's older sister is The Baroness from GI Joe. That would naturally make her grandmother the former Baroness.

I like the thought that Hannelore is, on top of everything else, blue-blooded Eurotrash. I like even more the thought that, as well as having a malevolent corporate overlord as a mother and a mad scientist with orbit-to-surface weapons at his disposal as a father, her maternal aunt is a senior member of a global terrorist group/cult and the favourite of Cobra Commander Himself. There is literally no end to the amount of financial, technological and physical harm that Hannelore could arrange to be done to Juicy if she ever gets really, really mad at her.

... I've suddenly visualised Hannelore in Crimson Guardsman combat gear...  :psyduck:
~~~~

publicfig

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #276 on: 20 Mar 2015, 07:03 »

What do you think the chances are that Sven is going to be in the same rehab program as her?

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #277 on: 20 Mar 2015, 07:07 »

What do you think the chances are that Sven is going to be in the same rehab program as her?

Less than zero. Sven isn't the sort of personality to become dependent on a substance and, even if he was, he isn't the sort of personality to admit that he needs help.
~~~~

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #278 on: 20 Mar 2015, 07:09 »

Why do people want this so much? I don't get it, the support group was specifically for people with  substance abuse problems, and beyond that, Sven's presence would basically guarantee Faye making a hasty retreat, too fast for Hanners to recover and grab the crowbar she seems to have left outside 
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

Radium_Coyote

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #279 on: 20 Mar 2015, 08:30 »

Why do people want this so much?

Speaking for myself, there's already too many characters to handily keep track of.  Recycling a few for this story would clamp down on "cast overflow" syndrome.

NilsO

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #280 on: 20 Mar 2015, 08:30 »

Zero. He does not have a drinking problem. I have no doubt we shall see Sven in the future, but not in this context.

Also, welcome, new person!

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #281 on: 20 Mar 2015, 08:38 »

If Sven did show up, it would go like this:

"Hi, my name is Sven, and I'm a creep."
"Sorry, you're supposed to be in the room across the hall."
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #282 on: 20 Mar 2015, 08:40 »

Speaking for myself, there's already too many characters to handily keep track of.  Recycling a few for this story would clamp down on "cast overflow" syndrome.

The problem is how Faye would react, which is to say, badly. I don't think even Hannelore, in her angry, stern mode with a cfrowbar would be able to keep Faye in a room with the people she knows to talk about her alcohol problems
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2015, 09:32 by chaospersonified »
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000
« Reply #283 on: 20 Mar 2015, 09:45 »

Let's say there's nine people (other than Faye) in her support group. Not everyone's going to be there for the first time like she is, and might decide for one reason or another to stop attending over time while other newbies come in. Faye might hit it off with one or another of them, whereupon they might become a "regular" cast member, but a lot of the others would only crop up when we see them in group.

Plot twist: Hanners tries to leave after dropping Faye off, only to have Arthur (or Faye, jokingly) try to persuade her not to leave.

Unrelated: We won't see Sven here, for reasons already articulated by NilsO and others (whatever other issues Sven may have, drinking isn't one of them).

Further unrelated: No, I'm not shipping, but I wonder if there's an Arthur/"Abyssinia" story line in the offing.
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

Endellion

• Obscure cultural reference
  • I pun, therefore I am
« Reply #284 on: 20 Mar 2015, 09:52 »

Sounds like a fishy insane baroness to me.

Must have the gill to resist making a pun.

...gah dangit.
It's a good thing our relationship is based in anger because there's always more fucking kindling.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #285 on: 20 Mar 2015, 10:28 »

'Alright Ladies, how about you tell me your real names?'

'Hannelore Elicott-Chatham.'

'*Sigh* Fine, don't tell me.'

Roborat

• Furry furrier
« Reply #286 on: 20 Mar 2015, 11:25 »

I figured she was a Hetrodyne.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #287 on: 20 Mar 2015, 11:50 »

If Sven did show up, it would go like this:

"Hi, my name is Sven, and I'm a creep."
"Sorry, you're supposed to be in the room across the hall."

SVEN: "That's what they told me across the hall."
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #288 on: 20 Mar 2015, 12:06 »

I figured she was a Hetrodyne.

Well, that still works just fine...

She still sounds more like one of Lucretia Mongfish's cousins though.

Mlle Germain

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #289 on: 20 Mar 2015, 13:24 »

I like today's comic. It's funny.  :-D

Also, I don't think Arthur looks like Angus; that didn't even occur to me while I read the comic. I think this is just Jeph's generic way of drawing guys.

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #290 on: 20 Mar 2015, 14:49 »

Also, I don't think Arthur looks like Angus; that didn't even occur to me while I read the comic.

I agree. If anything he looks more like Clinton to me.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #291 on: 20 Mar 2015, 14:51 »

Also, I don't think Arthur looks like Angus

That's because he's early Clinton.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #292 on: 20 Mar 2015, 15:15 »

So place your bets now: Who will Arthur's sister end up dating?
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #293 on: 20 Mar 2015, 15:22 »

Hanners?

*EvilGrin*
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #294 on: 20 Mar 2015, 15:45 »

Anyone else think Hannelore wasn't lying and really does have an insane baroness grandmother?

Yah, like Liz Bathory, maybe?
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #295 on: 20 Mar 2015, 16:11 »

Hannelore's great-grandfather sounds like your typical imperialistic White Man's Burden/"spreading civilization"-type.  I'm guessing in the Chatham line, the domineering-tyrant gene and the crazy-recluse gene like to alternate generations, so it's entirely possible that Hannelore's grandmother, stuck between Thaddeus Whitehall and Beatrice, was more of the insane type. 

My guess for Hannelore's children?  Spoiled, super-entitled, no barriers...and we're probably watching them right now in Alice Grove.  Just wait until Gavia grows up.

(That's probably why Station decided to send them to one of the Sanctuaries in the first place.  Gotta nip those bad qualities in the bud before it's too late, dontcha know.)

(This is now my personal headcanon.)
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2015, 16:21 by Gladstone »
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #296 on: 20 Mar 2015, 18:05 »

Also, I don't think Arthur looks like Angus

That's because he's early Clinton.

Nope. Not the same. Arthur has too much forehead and a lumpier nose.
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

tywren

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #297 on: 20 Mar 2015, 18:33 »

Red haired? Are you color Blind, that guy's a blond. Maybe a honeywheat blond in comparison to Hannelore's more platinum shade, but still a blond.

On a different note, i just had a thought; Hannelore is still wearing her house clothes (i'm guessing her wardrobe is still short after the Juicy incident). With her in nothing but a tanktop/undershirt, bicycle shorts, a pink house slippers, what are the odds that he thinks she's with the drinking problem, and "Jane" is the one there for moral support?
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2015, 18:41 by tywren »

Consilium

• Plantmonster
  • Less important than Jesus.
« Reply #298 on: 20 Mar 2015, 18:48 »

https://ruins-of-adventure.obsidianportal.com/characters/abyssinia-coelacanth

just a friendly update that someone made a table top rpg character sheet and backstory for Abyssinia Coelacanth.
For all those interested...

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #299 on: 20 Mar 2015, 19:48 »

Red haired? Are you color Blind, that guy's a blond. Maybe a honeywheat blond in comparison to Hannelore's more platinum shade, but still a blond.

Going back to this again since it's the same as the Alice thing, his hair looks red. Real world red hair. Which is orange. Which gets odd since you have >>  :claireface: red hair which is actually red.

So it canonically probably is a shade of blonde, unless Claire's whole family uses hair dye. But you're not color blind for seeing orange. Because it's orange.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up