Poll

Continuation of the wild date?

Clinton Clashes Clumsily - Black eye ensues
Robohand intervenes  - see above result
Jimbo steps in - Same result
Emily knows Kung-fu - Cue 'Matrix' music
Emily Climbs Flagpole just for the view
Barfight!!  Emily cleans house - Clinton thrown through window
Clinton falls off his new Boots - hence black eye.
Unspecified shenannigans
Dinner - Waffles, Spathe Eggs, Ham and Cherry Pie
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Jeph decides to do a week of Sweet Tits.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2937-2941 (13 - 17 April 2015)  (Read 46566 times)

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
Re: WCDT 2937-2941 (13 - 17 April 2015)
« Reply #300 on: 17 Apr 2015, 21:11 »

This is true. But then, there are many couples who never progress past that stage  :psyduck:

Undrneath

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #301 on: 17 Apr 2015, 21:39 »

I always seem to go directly from the "joined at the hip" stage to the "I don't want you as part of my life" stage. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. You know that old chestnut.
__________oO0___(_O_  _O_)___0Oo_____________
                                     U
                                   Kilroy wuz here

tywren

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #302 on: 17 Apr 2015, 23:09 »

I don't know what it is, Marten and Dora didn't make me feel like this, but I don't think that Marten and Dora are better suited than Marten and Claire. I just went back and reread a bunch of those strips.. and i can't put my finger on it. The overall energy is different, in a more appealing way. Maybe its because the story jumps between a lot more plotlines much more quickly.

Alternatively, maybe it's because Dora acted like a early to mid 20's young adult, whereas Claire's social skills stalled out when she was 14. Looking back, i can think of many occasions where Dora did something that left me thinking "wow, what a bitch...", but never once did i think "my god, would you grow the fuck up!" Claire on the other hand has a few of the first, and more of the second than i care to count, with the occasional overlap, such as the incident with Faye last week.

Shjade

• FIGHT YOU
  • What.
« Reply #303 on: 18 Apr 2015, 10:13 »

It is, however, not uncommon for couples in the early stages of a relationship be "joined at the hip".  At least in my experience, it takes a while for both people to get tired of the other's company, and need their own space.

It's also only been, what, a couple of days? There hasn't been a whole lot of time for other things to happen yet.
"People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway."

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #304 on: 18 Apr 2015, 10:42 »

This is a point that I made up thread but it's awfully easy for people to miss. Jeph has stretched about twelve weeks out into somewhere in the region of fifteen-hundred strips. Marten has only known Claire for three months in total and they've been in a formally-acknowledged relationship for ten days at the most. So, yeah, it's going to be a while before the shine comes off, at least from our perspective.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #305 on: 18 Apr 2015, 11:01 »

Yes, I think everyone understands that point. However, these are not real people who happen to hang out with us. This is a story. The author can make choices of what to portray and how to portray it.

And I get it, Jephs house, Jephs rules. And I respect that. But that doesn't mean that I am going to refrain from critiquing a story that I am obviously very invested in.

I personally think that the overall pacing of the story has been too slow, and that, just as a television show can ruin their dynamic by overemphasizing a crowd favorite, we are being overexposed to Clairten. There are so many stories that can be told right now, and while I understand that not every plot thread will be completed, I would really appreciate development in a few of those areas. What happened to Sven? Can we have another AI subplot? How are Dora and Tai doing?

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #306 on: 18 Apr 2015, 11:12 »

(mod)Critiques are completely OK. It's not like you gave Jeph orders or picked a fight with the entire forum, which others have done.(/mod)
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*
« Reply #307 on: 18 Apr 2015, 13:02 »

I don't think that, currently, we're being overexposed to Clariten or that we aren't getting other stories. Marten and Claire have been in strips recently, but they haven't been 'Marten and Claire' strips. They've been about Claire and *Faye*(Which is something people including myself wanted, her interacting with more of the cast and not just being Marten's girlfriend) and about using Claire as a catalyst to tell the Clinton and Emily story, which right there is two characters who haven't gotten a lot of focus.

General slow pacing I can certainly see as a valid point. For Sven and Dora, they're pretty tied to Faye and I think Faye needs to reach a certain point before we can go there. I don't think we'll be seeing much Dora until they make up. And if Sven showed up right now he'd get splattered against a wall.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up