Poll

Continuation of the wild date?

Clinton Clashes Clumsily - Black eye ensues
Robohand intervenes  - see above result
Jimbo steps in - Same result
Emily knows Kung-fu - Cue 'Matrix' music
Emily Climbs Flagpole just for the view
Barfight!!  Emily cleans house - Clinton thrown through window
Clinton falls off his new Boots - hence black eye.
Unspecified shenannigans
Dinner - Waffles, Spathe Eggs, Ham and Cherry Pie
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Jeph decides to do a week of Sweet Tits.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2937-2941 (13 - 17 April 2015)  (Read 46519 times)

Smallest

• Curry sauce
Re: WCDT 2937-2941 (13 - 17 April 2015)
« Reply #50 on: 12 Apr 2015, 20:41 »

Well, I guess I'll be the first one to post it.

I have completely forgotten who Eliot is.  :psyduck:
He worked at the Secret Bakery. He's either moonlighting as a bouncer now, or he's quit at the Secret Bakery.

Wil mentioned their bouncer, Eliot at some point, either when Eliot was very incidental or not yet a character.

Re: tattoo, I'm hoping that he commits (even begrudgingly, but hopefully in a 'well that was weird, but cool, tattoo!' way), and goes for touch ups in a while, and they make it look really neat and he'll geek out and like it like it.

Edit- Obviously I missed this, and presumably whatever the too slow refers to:
Elliot has been working as a bouncer at The Horrible Revelation for some time.

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1883

Meh too slow

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #51 on: 12 Apr 2015, 20:46 »

Re: tattoo, I'm hoping that he commits (even begrudgingly, but hopefully in a 'well that was weird, but cool, tattoo!' way), and goes for touch ups in a while, and they make it look really neat and he'll geek out and like it like it.

Maybe add a power cord coming from his hand that is plugged into one of the sockets, that'd be cool(er than the simple line drawing that he has now)
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #52 on: 12 Apr 2015, 20:57 »

Anyone hearing Elliott speak in James Earl Jones' voice at that moment

And that guy was actually going to punch Emily??!!!
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #53 on: 12 Apr 2015, 21:00 »

Waitaminute...

...aren't Clinnnntonnn's hands mixed on frame 2? I'm trying to figure how his left hand is briefly his right hand.

Waaaaait, his robot hand didn't switch sides.... The guy punched him so hard he grew 2 right hands!

Except that his left arm is now his right and his right arm is now his left. That was some punch.

jheartney

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #54 on: 12 Apr 2015, 21:01 »

Maybe add a power cord coming from his hand that is plugged into one of the sockets, that'd be cool(er than the simple line drawing that he has now)

If he really wants to commit, he could have his whole arm done up as cyborg stuff to match the robot hand. Then the power outlet would just be incidental.

Of course it would be hell for Jeph to draw every time Clinton appeared. So most of the time there'd be long sleeves.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #55 on: 12 Apr 2015, 21:03 »

Jeph has updated Clinton's hands:

Quote from twitter:

Jemf Jecks @jephjacques  ·  23m 23 minutes ago

I fixed Clinton's hands, just wait for the site cache to update
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #56 on: 12 Apr 2015, 21:20 »

I see I'm going to spend the rest of my day saying "Clinnn-tonnnn" to myself.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

grez

• Plantmonster
« Reply #57 on: 12 Apr 2015, 21:25 »

ELLIOT HOORAYYY

The one time Elliot did punch someone is one of the funniest things that's happened in this comic, but I think Violence Bro is only in for a stern talking-to

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #58 on: 12 Apr 2015, 21:31 »

Anyone hearing Elliott speak in James Earl Jones' voice at that moment

And that guy was actually going to punch Emily??!!!

As an author, I want to say it's clever what Jeph did. Clinton was previously seen as less sympathetic, and one of the best ways to get a character on your audience's side is to have an established like character (in this case Emily) stand up for them. Another way is to have an even less sympathetic character go up against them.

Jeph did both simultaneously and seamlessly by having Emily stand up for Clinton, and then having this douchebag try to punch Emily. It didn't help that the guy had a hair trigger and smashed Clinton for what would otherwise have been a harmless mistake.

Last time someone spilled a cocktail on one of my beloved ties, I looked them dead in the eye, sucked on the stain and said "Now it tastes as good as it looks, right? Ha ha ha. No, but seriously, dry cleaning's expensive." - Hey, I might be amiable, but I'm also broke. See "author" comment above.

So yes. That's what the literature fiend in me would say.

What the Australian in me says is that this sort of guy is far, far too common at about 11pm or so. There were two ways this could have gone had Elliot not intervened, depending on the pejorative he finished that sentence with. He could have said "Little bitch" and one punch would have ended it. Or he could have said "Little cunt" and he wouldn't have stopped at a punch.
oh god

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #59 on: 12 Apr 2015, 21:41 »

Fixed comic is up.
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

CaptainFish

• Larger than most fish
  • GLUB
« Reply #61 on: 12 Apr 2015, 22:20 »

I like that Emily admonishes bad behaviour from people like most would for a dog. The stain on Clinton's shirt being blood and beer caught me off-guard.

I'm really surprised they ran into an honest-to-goodness, big, overreacting, woman-punching bully. He seemed shitty enough when he punched someone half his size mid-apology, but trying to hit Emily makes him the most straightforward, reprehensible character I can remember seeing in QC. Seems like a guaranteed heel-face turn in the making, unless Clinton does something really abhorrent.

Smallest

• Curry sauce
« Reply #62 on: 12 Apr 2015, 23:04 »

I like that Emily admonishes bad behaviour from people like most would for a dog. The stain on Clinton's shirt being blood and beer caught me off-guard.

I'm really surprised they ran into an honest-to-goodness, big, overreacting, woman-punching bully. He seemed shitty enough when he punched someone half his size mid-apology, but trying to hit Emily makes him the most straightforward, reprehensible character I can remember seeing in QC. Seems like a guaranteed heel-face turn in the making, unless Clinton does something really abhorrent.

I know Emily is a bit far out and maybe not totally aware, but she's also apparently tough as nails. I don't expect her to cower or anything, but when someone way bigger than you draws back to hit you, usually you get out of the way? But she just glares and stands her ground. I do really like both that and the scolding though, honestly.

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #63 on: 12 Apr 2015, 23:15 »

Elliot's so helpful, offering free interpersonal behavior lessons like that.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #64 on: 12 Apr 2015, 23:25 »

Well, the fight ended before it began, thanks to security, so we'll probably never find out if Emily could handle herself in a tight spot!  Still, the way she acted was nicely in-character; Jeph gets points for emphasising her essentially child-like nature. I've long seen her as something of a child in a woman's body, something that would complicate any relationship.

It's been a very long time since we've seen Elliot. Although, in-universe, it's been only a few months. It's actually possible that he's still a little upset at Padma leaving! That said, IRL, it's been long enough that, if Jeph hadn't identified him, I wouldn't have known him.

An extra thought: is Emily's preferred weapon a rolled up newspaper?
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2015, 23:30 by BenRG »
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #65 on: 12 Apr 2015, 23:29 »

"Theres always a bigger fish" - Qui Gon Jinn, Star Wars Episode I: "The Phantom Menace"
Carpe Diem

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #66 on: 12 Apr 2015, 23:34 »

Does that make Clinton Jar-Jar or Obi-Wan?

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #67 on: 12 Apr 2015, 23:35 »

He and Momo could open a charm school.

He had some good advice for Marten once, come to think of it.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Jab

• Plantmonster
« Reply #68 on: 12 Apr 2015, 23:46 »

Wow- that's one douchebag of a dude. Who hits a guy just for THAT? Then raises his fist to a WOMAN?

Emily could deal with some survival skills herself, though- BAD idea to hit a man that much bigger than you, especially when he's in a mood. I've seen girls make that mistake before, and generally speaking, someone else has to intervene FAST.

tywren

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #69 on: 12 Apr 2015, 23:55 »

Please don't tell me that Emily leaves Clinton there, and wanders off with Elliot. I mean, it would explain why she wasn't there when his sister called, but damn is that a shitty thing to do.

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
« Reply #70 on: 12 Apr 2015, 23:56 »

I can't imagine Emily doing that AT ALL. But she does have a tendency to surprise...
What do you know about Pokémon?

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #71 on: 13 Apr 2015, 00:04 »

Please don't tell me that Emily leaves Clinton there, and wanders off with Elliot.

I don't think that it's likely. It's more likely that Emily invites Elliot to join them and Clinton, feeling like a third wheel, storms off.

NOTE: I don't think that is particularly likely either.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
« Reply #72 on: 13 Apr 2015, 00:14 »

I don't think that's likely, no. But she might give Elliot a kiss on the cheek, making Clinton jealous or something.
What do you know about Pokémon?

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #73 on: 13 Apr 2015, 02:29 »

Elliot's always been good at looming.
His code-name is "Weaver".

What the Australian in me says is that this sort of guy is far, far too common at about 11pm or so.
Yeah... Or at lunchtime on a Friday...
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #74 on: 13 Apr 2015, 03:13 »

I can see Elliot giving punchy a lecture, but I have to admit that if someone of that size came to you and calmly told you that he's going to teach you about interpersonal relationships my reaction would be to run for my life.

Thankfully, I'm not the person to start a fight because I got some beer spilled on me.

Emily's behavior is noble, yet to me seems pretty stupid. Then again, we don't know exactly how capable she's on a fight. I have a friend that's half my size and I wouldn't dare to hit him because I know he could just beat me up since he has martial arts training.

Plus, she went for the slap. A friend always said that the open hand slap is pretty offensive. Might have to do with the size of that dude's hand, but still. That's extra points for me at least.

Please don't tell me that Emily leaves Clinton there, and wanders off with Elliot.

I don't think that it's likely. It's more likely that Emily invites Elliot to join them and Clinton, feeling like a third wheel, storms off.

NOTE: I don't think that is particularly likely either.

Actually, I could see that happening. Although everything seems to indicate that from this point onwards we have the boots left. Could the boots be... Emily's?

eeeeeeeeee
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

qc001

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #75 on: 13 Apr 2015, 03:56 »

Oh my, Elliott is a bit more broad-shouldered than I remember.  Also, taller.  Half a head taller than Punching Guy, who is half a head taller than Emily, who is also tall...it's a shame we don't have any of the regular characters in this strip, for height comparison.  Still, Elliott's bigger than I remember him.  Wouldn't've even recognized him if Jeph hadn't specifically identified him.

A few strips of Elliot with the reg'lars:

Elliot, Padma, Faye, and Hannelore
Elliot and Hannelore
MALE OKAPI IN SPAAAAAAAAACE
Elliot and lots of people!
Elliot and Marten

So, his height is sort of ... variable, but he's been shown to be more than a head taller than Hannelore on at least one occasion.

(Also, I just wanted an excuse to look for the comic where Elliot and Hanners are awkwardly standing around at TSB because everybody else left them there!)

Kiloku

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #76 on: 13 Apr 2015, 04:03 »

Emily could deal with some survival skills herself, though- BAD idea to hit a man that much bigger than you, especially when he's in a mood. I've seen girls make that mistake before, and generally speaking, someone else has to intervene FAST.

She looks pretty defiant as he's raising his fist. Not flinching or anything. I think she was about to dodge, in that panel, at the very least.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #77 on: 13 Apr 2015, 04:37 »

He's back! As soon as I saw him I said "Is that Elliot? Yes, it's Elliot!" I always liked him.

And now we know his last name. It's Kenobi. "You don't want to punch her. You want to go home and re-think your life."

And yes, I think the chance of Emily leaving with Elliot is quite high.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

TieDyeKat

• Larger than most fish
  • I like cheese
« Reply #78 on: 13 Apr 2015, 05:09 »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT!

I really like Eliott.
Please, sir, may I have some more?

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #79 on: 13 Apr 2015, 06:35 »

Well, I guess I'll be the first one to post it.

I have completely forgotten who Eliot is.  :psyduck:
He worked at the Secret Bakery. He's either moonlighting as a bouncer now, or he's quit at the Secret Bakery.

Elliot was established as the bouncer of the Horrible Revelation. That may be where Emily and Clin-ton are now.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #80 on: 13 Apr 2015, 07:17 »

Yeah, that's what threw me off more than anything, I didn't realize that they were at the HR.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #81 on: 13 Apr 2015, 07:23 »

Ell-iott is almost as fun to pronounce weird as Clin-tonn is

Plus I *think* he's the only character taller than Emily. I think his height is defined as "tall enough to loom awkwardly over any other characters in the frame"

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #82 on: 13 Apr 2015, 07:24 »

Well, it was established that the Horrible Revelation had a bouncer named Elliot, but until now it hadn't been explicitly confirmed it was the same person. Although, given his size, his very collected personality, and the fact that he knows such an advanced technique as a sleeper hold, he fits the job description practically ideally, and few people had any doubt.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #83 on: 13 Apr 2015, 07:26 »

I think it's kind of nice that Clinton changed a lot of things about himself so far, but he hasn't once tried to change a thing about Emily.
oh god

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #84 on: 13 Apr 2015, 07:45 »

I don't think it's the Horrible Revelation. I mean it could be, we haven't seen a lot of the inside of the bar. It just seems that Punchy Bro wouldn't be the sort who would hang out there. I could see Clinton going, maybe. Elliott could have changed bars, or works part time in a couple of them. If it is indeed the same Elliott. And really, I could totally see him working at the Revelation... And defusing fights by giving people a stern talking to.

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #85 on: 13 Apr 2015, 08:18 »

Well, it was established that the Horrible Revelation had a bouncer named Elliot, but until now it hadn't been explicitly confirmed it was the same person.

Though it had been confirmed that Wil and Elliot were acquainted.

(Wil's comment is also funnier with this context).

anahata

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Never knowingly understood
« Reply #86 on: 13 Apr 2015, 09:07 »

I think it's kind of nice that Clinton changed a lot of things about himself so far, but he hasn't once tried to change a thing about Emily.

Well, he wouldn't dare make the implied criticism of Emily, would he?

A slight variation of that thought that had occurred to me: he seems to have spent a lot of money on himself, but has he spent anything on Emily (except perhaps food and drink for both of them) - and does it matter?
Mind you, I guess if Emily breathed a mention of liking something like a pair of shoes she'd just seen in a shop window, Mr. over-eager would be in there like a shot and handing over the cash.
It's Okay! I just won't touch any machines!

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #87 on: 13 Apr 2015, 10:46 »

I'd forgotten about Elliott. I thought Seth, or maybe Sven, had come over from 9ChickweedLane.

eschaton

• Furry furrier
« Reply #88 on: 13 Apr 2015, 11:14 »

The only thing left that needs to happen is for Clinton to get a black eye. 

My prediction is that, once he comes out of his bloody nose daze, Clinton is going to start freaking out about how he didn't come across as "manly" enough to Emily, and worry he'll lose her favor.  Thus he'll try to have a confrontation with Mr. Asshole while Elliott is escorting him out, which will either result in:

1.  Asshole punching him again.
2.  Elliott punching him.
3.  Somehow, Emily punching him. 

thedevilissix

• Furry furrier
« Reply #89 on: 13 Apr 2015, 11:36 »

Huzzah for Elliott!    :-D
(Hmmm....I wonder if this is sneaky foreshadowing for Padma making a brief return appearance, mwahawhawhaw *stirs the cauldron of slight probability*)
The only thing that would make this better would be if he turned out to be the brother of Bob from Tai's house party (HOW'RE YOU DOIN' BUDDY) .
Together they can be awesome bear-like men who dispense wisdom, give bearhugs full of heart and crushing, have vaguely dangerous drinking games with hammers and fight crime.  8-)
« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2015, 15:24 by thedevilissix »

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #90 on: 13 Apr 2015, 11:36 »

The only thing left that needs to happen is for Clinton to get a black eye. 

Uh, you ever had a black eye, dude?

It has to develop. It's not an instant thing where you get up from having your face punched in and your eye's already black. Give it a few minutes. We only saw the instantaneous aftermath in this comic
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #91 on: 13 Apr 2015, 11:44 »

Wow- that's one douchebag of a dude. Who hits a guy just for THAT? Then raises his fist to a WOMAN?

Okay, let's be real, Clinton is much smaller and weaker than Emily.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #92 on: 13 Apr 2015, 13:13 »

Why do I think that Elliott's method of "educating" such a person would be making him sit down and listen to a lecture about proper behaviour until he *wished* to just get beaten-up?
Exactly what I was thinking. From anyone else that'd be a threat; Elliott probably meant it quite literally.
Elliot is awesome. He's the chillest and best-adjusted character of the whole cast (with possible competition from Maurice).

The incident in this comic reminds me of something that happened to me last week-end in a night-club. A guy headbutted me. Accidentally, on the dance-floor. He apologized, we laughed about it, I gently poked fun at him over the accident each time we crossed paths, and we laughed some more. Fun times. My left cheek-bone is still a bit sore from the impact, I noticed it two hours ago, and it made me chuckle from the memories. Clin-ton's blunder was even milder. Some people seem to really look for pretexts to be jerks.

On the other hand, about three years ago, I've come very close to punching a guy in the face, in that same night-club: despite my repeated and more and more angry warnings that I didn't find it funny at all, he kept on touching my hair each time he got the occasion. On the sixth or seventh time, I finally punched him - on the shoulder. I couldn't mobilize enough aggressivity to punch him in the face. He apparently got the message, because he left me alone after that. I half-regret that I didn't actually punch him in the face, since it was what I warned him against on his penultimate assault. On the other hand, I regret more to have let things escalate instead of just going for a bouncer to warn that idiot to stop assaulting me.

He and Momo could open a charm school.

He had some good advice for Marten once, come to think of it.
You mean "You ought to expect better of people. It encourages you to be a better person yourself." for example? It fits so well my current mental state and aspirations that I immediately thought of it when Elliot reappeared in today's comic. I think I'll put it in my sig.

By the way, I'm still shipping Elliot and Lt. Potter.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #93 on: 13 Apr 2015, 13:14 »

I don't think it's the Horrible Revelation. I mean it could be, we haven't seen a lot of the inside of the bar. It just seems that Punchy Bro wouldn't be the sort who would hang out there. I could see Clinton going, maybe. Elliott could have changed bars, or works part time in a couple of them. If it is indeed the same Elliott. And really, I could totally see him working at the Revelation... And defusing fights by giving people a stern talking to.

We have enough interior shots of the Horrible Revelation to establish they aren't there, unless they demolished the next door building to put in a window and did some redecorating:
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1650
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1464
Though it does have a pool table that comes and goes:
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1429

I wonder if the Date Bar could be the other end of the bar from http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1182, which is a closer match, except for the ceiling.  Either way I think Elliot is off duty and he's bouncing pro bono to help out Clinton, who is clearly of Elliot's tribe in the romance department and flailing in every sense of the term. 

Fake Edit:  Not sure if this phenomenon exists in NoHo, but in my college town if students wander into a townie bar they could pretty easily get a swat or thrown out for a fairly minor bar foul.

WareWolf

• Makin' This Up As I Go
« Reply #94 on: 13 Apr 2015, 13:47 »

I can't imagine Emily doing that AT ALL. But she does have a tendency to surprise...

I don't see Elliot doing that either. He always seemed like a pretty good guy.

Nepiophage

• FIGHT YOU
  • It/It’s
« Reply #95 on: 13 Apr 2015, 13:55 »

Huzzah for Elliott!    :-D
(Hmmm....I wonder if this is sneaky foreshadowing for Padma making a brief return appearance,
I wish this would happen too. But hope deferred maketh the heart sick . . .
Pintsize: It is hard to get a lady to evaluate to true.
The two laws of internet interaction.
1. Whatever you say someone will be offended.
2. Whoever you are, there is something to offend you.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #96 on: 13 Apr 2015, 14:01 »

hope deferred maketh the heart sick . . .

Chill, Langston Hughes.

I would be so excited if that happened, though. Claire getting Jealous, Elliot getting a second chance... Excitement!
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

WareWolf

• Makin' This Up As I Go
« Reply #97 on: 13 Apr 2015, 14:03 »

Elliot's always been good at looming.

Elliot is actually the perfect bouncer: large and intimidating, but actually calm and non-violent. Reminds me of my Tale of the Two Bouncers that I knew a few years ago.

Bouncer One: Big. No, HUGE. Wide. Ugly as homemade sin. Played fullback in college. Voice that sounded like it should be coming from a burning bush. But once you talked to him, he turned out to be one of the sweetest, kindest guys you could ever hope to meet. And he never had to fight even the drunkest, most belligerent patrons. If one of those ham-like hands landed on your shoulder and he said "go," gently but firmly, you went.

Bouncer Two: My roommate. Bore an amazing resemblance to a young Ray Liotta. Slim. Smart-ass. Had to fight ALL THE  DAMN TIME. He always prevailed, but the bar eventually fired him because the point is to avoid trouble.

Nepiophage

• FIGHT YOU
  • It/It’s
« Reply #98 on: 13 Apr 2015, 14:04 »

By the way, I'm still shipping Elliot and Lt. Potter.

Me too!
Pintsize: It is hard to get a lady to evaluate to true.
The two laws of internet interaction.
1. Whatever you say someone will be offended.
2. Whoever you are, there is something to offend you.

Natswash

• Furry furrier
  • I'm a leaf on the wind...
« Reply #99 on: 13 Apr 2015, 14:07 »

Okay, let's be real, Clinton is much smaller and weaker than Emily.

I dunno metal hands could make getting hit worse than it might otherwise be. I mean he has built in metal knuckles
"Accurate" and "orbital bombardment" do not fit in the same sentence.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up