THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 12:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

As the Ship Sails Over the Horizon - Which Romantic Foil do you miss the most?

Angus
Padma
Sarah
Vicky
Delilah
The "Transvestite" AnthroPC (I'm not sure if that character was ever named)
Lt Abbie Potter
Station

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3176 to 3180 (14 - 18 March 2016)  (Read 51704 times)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Re: WCDT Strips 3176 to 3180 (14 - 18 March 2016)
« Reply #100 on: 15 Mar 2016, 09:11 »

(mod)Just a reminder that women here whose judgement we trust have said that gender-based insults make them feel less welcome(/)

Seriously? It's a dog based insult and Jeff makes corpse jokes and stuff all the time in the strip but an obvious nameplay is forbidden?

Global Moderator Comment It turns out to be rude. This place tries to be inclusive. That includes courtesy.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #101 on: 15 Mar 2016, 09:21 »

Of course, if CW had a bit more intelligence, she'd realise that the likes of May visiting could help legitimise her business.

"An illegal fight club? Why officer, I don't know what you mean. All we have here is a facility to help disadvantaged AIs get the chassis repair they need but can't afford."

Acting as a charity group would allow here to garner sympathy from other AI and supporters of AI rights, especially with stories like May. As well as that, she could hide her fighters among the AIs getting repaired.

Instead, CW is looking at the start of an extremely long stay in Robot Jail precisely because she's messing around with her employees without seeing the bigger picture.

swapna

• Curry sauce
« Reply #102 on: 15 Mar 2016, 09:32 »

First of all, I agree that money isn't really the problem here - if Faye didn't start spending a whole lot of money in the meantime. I don't think she did; even though Claire seems to be almost living with Marten, she didn't move into her own apartment; she makes more money while also being in better health, so she may not spend a lot of money on theraphy/other doctors.

Corpse Witch probably didn't appreciate not being informed - there's a lot of things they don't talk about, here. Is this a precedent? Does Corpse Witch help out other AIs? How many people actually know that the robot fighting ring exists and who's allowed in there? It's not unreasonable to assume (and May clearly does) that ex-cons have some surveillance tech installed, especially if it's a government-provided chassis.

How much do the fighters pay, or do they pay at all? And she did give Faye a warning, and a deduction from her pay that probably wasn't all that much, instead of straight-up firing her. She is also appreciative of good employees (she did give Faye some extra pay when she felt she was doing a good job, and while she tried to get Bubbles to not hang out with meatbags that much, she did it by assuring her she was always welcome at her "place", and she lets Faye work how she wants to as long as it's effective - drawing dicks on punchbot's face isn't really standard procedure).

CW is a jerk and manipulative, but in my books, she's still a better employer than Dora (not that the bar here is particularly high).

Xader

• Plantmonster
« Reply #103 on: 15 Mar 2016, 09:49 »

Would have been smarter to say that May was acting as a guinea pig for some on-the-job training in dermal replacement.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #104 on: 15 Mar 2016, 09:55 »

Of course, if CW had a bit more intelligence, she'd realise that the likes of May visiting could help legitimise her business.

"An illegal fight club? Why officer, I don't know what you mean. All we have here is a facility to help disadvantaged AIs get the chassis repair they need but can't afford."

Acting as a charity group would allow here to garner sympathy from other AI and supporters of AI rights, especially with stories like May. As well as that, she could hide her fighters among the AIs getting repaired.

Instead, CW is looking at the start of an extremely long stay in Robot Jail precisely because she's messing around with her employees without seeing the bigger picture.

Example interchange in that scenario:

OFFICER: "And why are those AIs there fighting miss WITCH"
CW: "They're heavy duty chassis and they're testing the resistance of the fixes"
OFFICER: "And the bets placed..."
CW: "You know people, they'll bet for which drop of rain will hit the ground first if they put money in it and find a way to measure it"
ANOTHER OFFICER: "Five bucks for the one with dicks in his face!"
OFFICER: "Goddammit Jane, you're not helping"
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #105 on: 15 Mar 2016, 10:41 »

People are complicated.  This can be a bother at times, even (especially?) when the person is us... but attempts to change that essential truth have given us some of the great horrors of society and/or the medical and psychiatric profession, and will probably continue to do so.

Modifying a running AI program in the QCverse would probably be considered equivalent to Eugenics, with all the moral issues which that raises.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Nepiophage

• FIGHT YOU
  • It/It’s
« Reply #106 on: 15 Mar 2016, 10:42 »

Have you not heard of the "(S)he needed killin'" defense?
She had it coming
She had it coming
She only had herself to blame
If you'da been there
If you'da seen it
I betcha you woulda
Done the same.

Pintsize: It is hard to get a lady to evaluate to true.
The two laws of internet interaction.
1. Whatever you say someone will be offended.
2. Whoever you are, there is something to offend you.

toffee-skye

• Emoticontraindication
  • cryborg
« Reply #107 on: 15 Mar 2016, 10:50 »

i'm late to the party, but still

*bangs pots and pans together*
FUCKIN WRECK EM, BUBBLES

honestly i recognise where CW is coming from. using parts for non-business purposes, no matter how spare, is a waste of resources. however, given the business she(?) runs is illegal anyway, any complaint she makes of legality is moot.
my name is Anna and i like people, places, and things.
current MRes student and serial timewaster

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #108 on: 15 Mar 2016, 13:52 »

There's a thing that sometimes happens with illegal businesses....  The manager is frequently just the one who's set up to take the fall in a bust, while most of the money goes to the loan-shark "backers" who set her up in business, or people who "insure" things that it would be "a shame if something happened to." Extortion is such an ugly word...

Thing is, being an AI, Corpse Witch could be "set up" in a much more literal sense than that. 

From her point of view;  Imagine that you are a young rising star in the robot criminal underworld, ready to take command of your first completely illegal enterprise, and you go to meet your loan shark, and it turns out that it's you.  And over the course of the next ten minutes, you discover that it's several years later than you thought it was, that you're a copy made a couple years ago by the very same loan shark behind the desk, that you have no legal existence whatsoever, that your new name is Corpse Witch, and that future-you is going to extort and blackmail you all to hell and back in your new business and there's not crap you can do about it.  And, being (an earlier version of) her, you know she's ruthless enough to do it.  For the original it's win/win; if CW gets busted and hauled off to Robot Jail, that's pretty much equivalent to faking her own death and getting the cops off her case once and for all. 

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #109 on: 15 Mar 2016, 14:35 »

Plot twist

It's actually Bubbles who owns the Fight Club and CW is just someone she placed in as a 'Front' (albeit secretly).
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #110 on: 15 Mar 2016, 18:00 »

I think you're too quick to judge CORPSEWITCH.  Underground businesses need to stay underground.  If she gets more shipments from her part suppliers, that's more people she has to pay to look the other way.  This would put a limit on how far her business can grow.

LolliTensor

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #111 on: 15 Mar 2016, 18:06 »

So given the previous time we saw CW interact with Bubbles and now today's strip, it seems to me like she's being established as an antagonist. I think we've established that she's within her rights to reprimand Faye, but the way she did it was certainly unpleasant.

Should this be the case, would I be right in thinking that this is the first real antagonist QC has had?

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #112 on: 15 Mar 2016, 18:11 »

You forget Vespavenger.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #113 on: 15 Mar 2016, 18:19 »

Welcome, new person!

Hannermom might count as an antagonist.

The Pugnacious Peach spent all the beginning of the strip and most of the time since being frenemies with everyone in her life.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #114 on: 15 Mar 2016, 18:33 »

the Fubbles repair charity.

I think I'd prefer "Fayebles"....

But that's liable to get cancelled not long before opening.

Do I have to point out the obvious?

BuFaye.

(Say it out loud)  :claireface:
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

LolliTensor

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #115 on: 15 Mar 2016, 18:36 »

You forget Vespavenger.

Ah of course -- as much as I'd racked my brains before writing that post I'd forgotten Vespavenger!

Welcome, new person!

Hannermom might count as an antagonist.

The Pugnacious Peach spent all the beginning of the strip and most of the time since being frenemies with everyone in her life.

Thanks very much! :)

I thought about Hannermom, and while she's certainly on the evil side, I'd argue that CW is beginning to be written as an actual enemy to Faye / Bubbles as opposed to a morally dubious character. We seemed to leave Hannermom on a good note after the "MOTHER I NEED TO PEE" comic :) Which reminds me in any case, we haven't heard from Hannermom in a while!

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #116 on: 15 Mar 2016, 18:42 »

Vespavenger, the monks and that deathbot that came after Pintsize the one time (Forget his name....) were really more one-off jokes and enemies than an actual, long term antagonist. Right now, I don't think Corpse Witch has advanced to that stage yet. But she could. As Bubbles so succinctly puts it.. hmmm.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #117 on: 15 Mar 2016, 18:50 »

I think you're too quick to judge CORPSEWITCH.  Underground businesses need to stay underground.  If she gets more shipments from her part suppliers, that's more people she has to pay to look the other way.  This would put a limit on how far her business can grow.

No, I think we're just the right speed to judge CW.
Let's look at a couple of facts:
- Runs an illegal fight club for AI. In a human world, unregulated fighting is highly illegal (boxing matches have to be heavily monitored by doctors). While an AI chassis might be able to withstand more punishment than a human body, by the same token they are presumable more fragile than humans in other ways.
- Streams said illegal fights through an illegal torrent based system. Presumably a sizeable fee is needed for each stream.

No, CW's reaction to Faye was someone annoyed that a tiny chunk of her profit margin was bitten into.

No one would judge CW if she was running an underground clinic for disadvantaged AI, what she's doing is solely for profit, despite the highly illegal nature of her enterprise. That alone is why we are judging her, she's making money from the misfortune and damage done to other AI. She's feeding off misery.

poofdepoof

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #118 on: 15 Mar 2016, 19:04 »

Hello. This isn't my first post, but I'm definitely quite a lurker.

Anyway, I would like to agree with those who have said:
1) Corpse Witch is not actually wrong in the line that she's drawing here, or her actual response to it (withdrawing the cost of the materials that Faye co-opted for personal use)
2) Corpse Witch probably doesn't need to be so nasty about it, though. :/
3) When person A is hurt by the language that person B uses, and it does not hurt person B to avoid that language as it hurts person A for person B to use it... then person B ought to perform the courtesy of not using that language. Even if person B doesn't personally empathize with person A's situation, it is better to get into the practice of practicing compassion and sympathy. There are other puns out there. I liked someone's "It's time for a ... Corpse Switch" :P

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #119 on: 15 Mar 2016, 19:17 »

Wasn't CW the one who justified the fight club as a way for AI who otherwise would have difficulty making a living the legal way, a way to do so via her organization? I think that this last strip pretty much revealed her true colors, as far as any altruism she truly possesses - or doesn't, in this case.
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2016, 20:01 by Omega Entity »

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #120 on: 15 Mar 2016, 20:00 »

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be judging Corpsie so hard for this strip if it were just this strip. Her manipulation of Bubbles plus this, though? Judging is fair game, I'd say.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #121 on: 15 Mar 2016, 20:01 »

Another thought: Bubbles may have a whole bunch of her share of money socked away, unspent, that she got from working at the Fight Club - along with any VA benefits she may get since her discharge from the military.

She might be able to simply buy CW out, open an AI repair shop, and have Faye help her out.

Just a thought as swords fall and KY Jelly flies...
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #122 on: 15 Mar 2016, 20:04 »

I think it'd have to be an obscene amount of money for CW to walk away, especially if her returns are as good as they seem to be. It doesn't appear that the fighters pay for their own repairs, or at least we've never seen them do it - which means that those costs are quite possibly easily absorbed by the club itself.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #123 on: 15 Mar 2016, 20:21 »

At least some of the fighters seem to live at the rink themselves, outside of Bubbles. Or at least they spend a bunch of their free time just hanging out there when not working. Which seems kind of unlikely... I suspect Bubbles isn't the only one that Corpse Witch uses her 'Humans will never really understand us/will fear us' trick on. I'm sure of course she charges an entirely reasonable fee to provide these poor, downtrodden AI with a place to recharge and store what meager belongings they possess, and only charges them a nominal fee for repairs from the damage they suffer during their fights. All the while keeping the entirely large profits made from the betting on the matches...

No, I'm seriously thinking CW is running a racket here on those 'poor downtrodden' robots she's 'helping'. The whole 'I provide a place for AI who are having trouble making it in the world' is a nice sounding cover story to make it seem like she's doing a kindness. But recent interactions with Bubbles and Faye really make it seem like she's just here to profit of making robots fight one another, while keeping a pretty tight reign on them. Something that was a lot easier to do before an outside force (Faye) started disrupting things. I don't think today's comic was Corpse Witch worried about profit. I think it was a subtle message and warning to Faye not to step out of line any more.

JJCalem

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #124 on: 15 Mar 2016, 20:26 »

Honestly before this strip I was doing a decent job at giving Corpse Witch the benefit of the doubt, but now I am convinced that she is selfish and only cares about the fighting ring and profiting from it.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #125 on: 15 Mar 2016, 20:26 »

I think it'd have to be an obscene amount of money for CW to walk away, especially if her returns are as good as they seem to be. It doesn't appear that the fighters pay for their own repairs, or at least we've never seen them do it - which means that those costs are quite possibly easily absorbed by the club itself.
Yeah, I think when CW airs a fight, she probably makes enough to make any minor expenses a pittance. This isn't your average pay per view fight, this is probably the kind of thing where you pay your money through a third party and then sent on a link to the fight. That's not your $20-here's-your-fight, thats the kinda thing where you could easily pay a couple of hundred. And if the fights are as popular as May and Pintsize make out, CW is raking it in.

There is also the possibility that CW is bribing the cops to stay away, but if word gets out that May got her repairs done there, Corpsey isn't going to be dealing with local cops, she could be looking at a Federal body looking closely and that's heat she wouldn't need.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #126 on: 15 Mar 2016, 20:31 »

Wasn't CW the one who justified the fight club as a way for AI who otherwise would have difficulty making a living the legal way, a way to do so via her organization? I think that this last strip pretty much revealed her true colors, as far as any altruism she truly possesses - or doesn't, in this case.

I remember May saying that for sure.

Oh, OK, 3008.

-------

Faye called May a "friend of a friend" and not a "friend". Significant? They might simply not have spent much time together.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #127 on: 15 Mar 2016, 20:35 »

Something else that could put CW into true antagonist territory... We don't know what flavor of illegal the fighting ring is. Anywhere from 'someone involved could be looking at hefty fines and parole' to 'life imprisonment'. While it seems pretty unlikely that robots fighting there would suffer permanent or serious injury, it's not without possibility. So depending on how bad discovery is, or how much money is involved, CW could have a very vested interest in making sure nobody talks about Robot Fight Club. Having un-related people showing up at the arena, like Momo and May, could be a very bad thing. They are not under here sphere of influence after all. They could talk to the wrong people. What could be worse though? An ex-employee with a grudge. If Faye or Bubbles decide they don't want to put up with CW's rules anymore and quit, they may find that nobody gets to quit Robot Fight Club... And accidents happen.

Mind you, I'm not saying that will happen. That would be very serious story arc and not really matching the tone of the comic so far to have someone actually trying to murder main characters. But it is a possible story trajectory.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #128 on: 15 Mar 2016, 21:22 »

Hmm, and if it's true that CW has created for herself an alternate chassis she calls Hank The Dismemberer, as some have suggested in the last few days, then she's pulling one HELL of a scam. As the owner, she profits from the number of viewers, and then again, as a ringer, she profits from betting. I'd imagine 'Hank's' record is far from spotless, given she would most benefit from robo-folk betting against her.
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

jheartney

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #129 on: 15 Mar 2016, 21:34 »

I don't think we have any idea what the profit margins of the Robot Fight Club are. Still, one of the characteristics of underground businesses (whether drug or gun running rings, or prostitution, or even just distributing loosies) is that it's not all smiles and flowers. Faye got a blunt warning, but by the standards of the trade, not all that rough. And given the non-legal nature of the enterprise, she can't exactly go complaining to OSHA or to a union rep.

I suspect Faye's time at the club will be ending at some point. She's made a good friend, and the two could strike out as partners in some other enterprise. Let's hope there's no muscle to be applied to her as she departs.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #130 on: 15 Mar 2016, 22:38 »

I might not wish as much on an actual, human person, but for the sake of story and fiction, I'd be extremely interested and excited if there WERE muscle applied. I want Faye out, Jeph's writing should clearly suggest we're leading to a break between Corpse Witch and Bubbles, which, given that Bubbles is still lead-repairsperson in the situation (assumed because she was helping to train Faye in the ways of facial myomer), and we know that Faye's bonded with Bubbles. It's unclear what feelings she's developed towards Corpse Witch, but it's undoubtedly less of a connection than what we've seen her have with Bubbles.

I think it comes down to who leaves first.

If Bubbles leaves first, it seems likely CW's reaction would be 'whatever, we've got your protogee.'

If Faye tries to leave first, that's where muscle seems likely to come in, given that Bubbles is straight-up military-grade AI.

I think the best, most-interesting course of action would be for Bubbles to leave, but Faye, in her relatively-recent introduction to this scene, stays. That creates tension between Faye and Bubbles. Later, Faye also begins to feel fed up with Corpse Witch's shit, and to TRY to leave, only for CW to try and intimidate her into staying. Faye has connections though. She would contact her old(ish) friend, and request aid, leading to a robot fight, leaving Corpse Witch in pieces and the Faye-Bubbles bromance in full control.

There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

Giant Speck

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #131 on: 15 Mar 2016, 23:13 »

Just going on a tangent -- okay, maybe more of a parallel -- but WD-40 wouldn't have helped May's arm.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #132 on: 15 Mar 2016, 23:13 »

One must remember that Hanners is related to 'The Godfather of AI'

*Cue Music*
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #133 on: 16 Mar 2016, 00:00 »

I wonder if Deathbot 9000 is still looking for something to do.

What's wrong with me that I have such horrible thoughts? The latest is that if Corpse Witch is as vicious and manipulative as we suspect, and if she wants to wreck Faye and make it look like an accident, a splash of bourbon in her coffee would do it.

Any other way to attack Faye would lead to an ominous Hmm.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #134 on: 16 Mar 2016, 00:33 »

Wait, what? Okay, that's somewhat disturbing. I do hope that Faye washes her hands before eating anything after poking around in May's shoulder joint! As for Bubbles? Well, is it possible for Synths to get 'Human Cooties' by secondary transfer?
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

QuestionableIntentions

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #135 on: 16 Mar 2016, 01:04 »

It turns out to be rude. This place tries to be inclusive. That includes courtesy.

[/quote]

We all love Faye for her rudeness and unwillingness to include many kinds of people.

Also, they entire forum hated on people wearing man buns. But whatever.

To the people saying CW has a point: the way she leaned into Faye and her psycho smile the entire time was not "telling an employee off for using resources" it was clearly a threat.

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #136 on: 16 Mar 2016, 01:08 »

Well, that quickly ended up with Dale on the moral highground.
oh god

mad hands murphy

• Plantmonster
« Reply #137 on: 16 Mar 2016, 01:23 »

paleface May looks weird

i hope she either a. goes back to all blue or (less preferrably) b. gets switched to all pale

Eternal_Newbie

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #138 on: 16 Mar 2016, 01:46 »

We all love Faye for her rudeness and unwillingness to include many kinds of people.

You may not know or remember just how unpleasant the Forums got in the past, but I do. I was around at the time of a couple of the early hate-a-thons and the forums were NOT A NICE PLACE. Threads were deleted, the banhammer freely wielded and Jeph even seriously considered closing the forums down at one stage, before the mods got things back under control. And a big thank you to them, by the way.

Since then the community has matured into a generally friendly and welcoming place. I would rather not have a return to the bad old days.
All those rules pinned at the top of the page are there for a reason.
"Microsoft Kills Santa Claus" - The Register

mad hands murphy

• Plantmonster
« Reply #139 on: 16 Mar 2016, 01:48 »

Inasmuchas people are discussing the b-word and its use here on this forum, and the moderators haven't yet told people to stop discussing it, I'll go ahead and mention that Jeph is apparently comfortable with at least some gendered slurs making it into the comic, specifically today's "cumboy".

Admittedly, men are boring, gross, and creepy, and the industrial revolution has diminished the value of their physical labor, so there's no good reason why any right-thinking person would want to be inclusive of them. Plus they turn up everywhere anyways, like roaches and Donald Trump voters (who are also mostly male - strike 2 for masculinity?)
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2016, 01:58 by mad hands murphy »

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #140 on: 16 Mar 2016, 02:05 »

Looking at the strip, is that a chibi momo poster back there? Maybe a poster for the chassis model at least? Looked like it.
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

oeoek

• Furry furrier
    • friggin artists!
« Reply #141 on: 16 Mar 2016, 02:14 »

Grumble mumble... Can't use it to style hair, can't use it to lube shoulder joints... STOP FUSSING, IT WORKS DANG IT!
(Astro Glide is the WD=40 of meaties)

(http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=370
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3178
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2016, 02:22 by oeoek »

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #142 on: 16 Mar 2016, 02:17 »

I'll go ahead and mention that Jeph is apparently comfortable with at least some gendered slurs making it into the comic, specifically today's "cumboy".

The forum is not the strip.  Jeph may wish to depict characters who would not survive here (Pintsize springs to mind); and we have even had to warn members against following Jeph's occasional example in the forum itself, as happened only recently (follow the link in that post to read Jeph's own viewpoint on the matter).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

misfittastic

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #143 on: 16 Mar 2016, 02:35 »

may is an absolute ass in this comic, you don't enter a house-mates room without permission and if yu do and hurt yourself it entirely on your own head,
holy crap *seethe*

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #144 on: 16 Mar 2016, 02:42 »

WD-40 actually isn't that great a lubricant, because it has such low viscosity. For a load-bearing joint like a shoulder something a bit thicker would be better. Certainly better than Dale's probably water-based lube...

I would never hate on man-buns.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #145 on: 16 Mar 2016, 05:28 »

My problem is less with the bun itself and more the name.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #146 on: 16 Mar 2016, 05:51 »

I used to be an adventurer… but then I took an unsheathed sword to the face.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -
« Reply #147 on: 16 Mar 2016, 06:50 »

I guess it proves that AI's can be assholes too.
CW's name bugs me though - maybe Bubbles isn't the most traumatised one there.

You don't have to like someone to have a self-imposed moral duty to help them. It can be difficult doing something good for someone who would gladly see you burn in Hell, but in my moral system, that's required. My moral system isn't for everyone, in fact, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone other than myself. Nor do I always follow it. But I do try.

Course you may have to have a weapon handy for the defence of yourself and others.  You may find yourself having to neutralise a threat that is someone you just healed.

But be Kind first.
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #148 on: 16 Mar 2016, 06:58 »

CW's name bugs me though - maybe Bubbles isn't the most traumatised one there.

CORPSEWITCH didn't pick the name herself.

She just kept it to honour the memory of all the screaming innocents she immolated.

cptnspldng

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #149 on: 16 Mar 2016, 07:49 »

The only thing that smells better than WD-40 is Hoppes No. 9.
What Fresh Hell is This?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up