THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 07:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worlds are colliding! What QC Crossover would you like to see?

Dumbing of Age
Alice Grove
Gunnerkrigg Court
Dilbert
X-Com
Avatar (Last Airbender or Legend of Korra)
Red Mars (by Kim Stanley Robinson)
Walkyverse
Other (Please specify)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3181 to 3185 (21 to 25 March 2016)  (Read 44015 times)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
WCDT Strips 3181 to 3185 (21 to 25 March 2016)
« on: 20 Mar 2016, 16:37 »

Yeah, I just watched a playthrough of Lego: Dimensions and got inspired.

I had to think about the answer to give myself for a while here and, in the end, I'd like a crossover with the Walkyverse. That would put the main characters of both QC and the crossover universe in the same age range. So, Marten and Claire move into a new apartment block and the guys living opposite them are David and Joyce Walkerton who have a very curious secret!

MARTEN: "You're superheroes?"

JOYCE: "We're retired superheroes. Mostly, we're just a regular family!"
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
Re: WCDT Strips 3181 to 3185 (21 to 25 March 2016)
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2016, 16:48 »

Little Dee!

A strangely silent girl, a dog, a vulture, and a bear in a suit walk into Coffee of Doom.

Shenanigans ensue.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2016, 18:06 »

QC Crossovers:

Faye makes a living as a metalbender, though many jokes are made that she has a firebender ancestry. Alternating reasons being her hotness and her rage.

Dora and Sven are waterbenders. Dora is a twelfth level coffeebender. Sven is a liquor bender... sorry what was that? On a liquor bender. Gotcha.

Hannelore is a firebender. She does not like fire. At all. She mostly uses her powers to warm mugs of tea and have just, like, the coziest blankets.

Marigold jokes that she is an air bender, but it's only from her butt. It is a joke no one really appreciates.

Marten is an air bender. Acoustic bender, to be more precise. Who needs an amp for your eight string when you can control soundwaves through the air. Also uses it to blow in Claire's ear from across the room.

Claire does not have bending abilities, except maybe bookbending. Jokes about her being a genderbender seem to result in people being punched in the gut from the inside, and a very innocent-looking Marten.

... now, with Children of Anarchy dropping and more character creation tools, I'm just going to go off real quick and make the QC cast in XCOM 2
oh god

comicalArchitect

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2016, 18:32 »

QC Crossovers:

Faye makes a living as a metalbender, though many jokes are made that she has a firebender ancestry. Alternating reasons being her hotness and her rage.

Dora and Sven are waterbenders. Dora is a twelfth level coffeebender. Sven is a liquor bender... sorry what was that? On a liquor bender. Gotcha.

Hannelore is a firebender. She does not like fire. At all. She mostly uses her powers to warm mugs of tea and have just, like, the coziest blankets.

Marigold jokes that she is an air bender, but it's only from her butt. It is a joke no one really appreciates.

Marten is an air bender. Acoustic bender, to be more precise. Who needs an amp for your eight string when you can control soundwaves through the air. Also uses it to blow in Claire's ear from across the room.

Claire does not have bending abilities, except maybe bookbending. Jokes about her being a genderbender seem to result in people being punched in the gut from the inside, and a very innocent-looking Marten.

... now, with Children of Anarchy dropping and more character creation tools, I'm just going to go off real quick and make the QC cast in XCOM 2

Tai and Steve are earthbenders. Can androids be benders? Whatever, they can. May is a firebender and Momo is a waterbender. Emily is the Avatar.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2016, 18:35 »

Girl Genius. Clanks designed by Emily, built by Faye, financed by Hannelore. Station vs. Castle Heterodyne. Y'all take it from there if you want.

or

Quantum Vibe (straight up or Venus 23). Dueling political philosophies. Unrestrained capitalism vs. Corporatism vs. Massachusetts liberalism. Fun times.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2016, 18:40 »

Alice Grove/QC crossover: Everyone would assume Ardent was a robot. And he'd get punched by nearly every female member of the QC cast.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2016, 18:45 »

Crazy Larry [but they are all humans for some strange reason], Grrrl Power [would the Scovilles diatribes make it through the language filters], Mega Tokyo [we have plenty of sad girls just need more snow]
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

comicalArchitect

« Reply #7 on: 20 Mar 2016, 19:16 »

Homestuck: Marten, Faye, Dora, Hanners, and Marigold all play SBURB. Pintsize is Marten's sprite, Dale is Marigold's, Bubbles is Faye's, Winslow is Hannelore's, and Sven is Dora's.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #8 on: 20 Mar 2016, 19:20 »

xkcd: All the characters are stick figures. Stick-figure Emily uses a backhoe to take all the scones from Coffee of Doom's pastry case.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

comicalArchitect

« Reply #9 on: 20 Mar 2016, 19:22 »

xkcd: All the characters are stick figures. Stick-figure Emily uses a backhoe to take all the scones from Coffee of Doom's pastry case.

Black Hat teams up with Pintsize.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #10 on: 20 Mar 2016, 19:33 »

Black Hat teams up with Pintsize.

Black Hat IS Pintsize.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #11 on: 20 Mar 2016, 20:22 »

I voted for the AtLA/LoK crossover out of my love for those shows, but I didn't get excited about the idea until I read MrNumbers' comment. I agree, Emily is the Avatar.
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

wlewisiii

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #12 on: 20 Mar 2016, 21:04 »

Ok, it may just be me but I swear he's playing Faye & Bubbles very similar to the way he played Marten & Claire for a long time. 

That said, I expect that the next time we see Bubbles looking up into the night sky, there will be a cardigan over her armor...
Emily is the Avatar.

wlewisiii

« Reply #13 on: 20 Mar 2016, 21:07 »

Emily is the Avatar.

I have a new .sig
Emily is the Avatar.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #14 on: 20 Mar 2016, 21:08 »

Aww come on Bubbles, now you have to wear the cardigan!

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #15 on: 20 Mar 2016, 21:25 »

Considering what at least one of Emily's other projects started doing, it might be safer for Bubbles if she *didn't*.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

TheCollector

« Reply #16 on: 20 Mar 2016, 21:35 »

Ok, it may just be me but I swear he's playing Faye & Bubbles very similar to the way he played Marten & Claire for a long time. 

That said, I expect that the next time we see Bubbles looking up into the night sky, there will be a cardigan over her armor...
Oh my god you're right! Give it to me!

TheEvilDog

« Reply #17 on: 20 Mar 2016, 21:42 »

Considering what at least one of Emily's other projects started doing, it might be safer for Bubbles if she *didn't*.
Yeah, but where's the fun in that?

Undrneath

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #18 on: 20 Mar 2016, 21:46 »

I just don't see much comparison to Marty and Claire, with them the romantic spark was heavily foreshadowed very far in advance. So far with Faye and Bubbles all I see is a burgeoning friendship that seems to be mutually beneficial.
__________oO0___(_O_  _O_)___0Oo_____________
                                     U
                                   Kilroy wuz here

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #19 on: 20 Mar 2016, 22:08 »

Faye and Bubbles are a cute couple.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Timemaster

• Master of Time
« Reply #20 on: 21 Mar 2016, 00:30 »

New week, new poll.  :-)

I´d love to see a crossover with Girls with Slingshots, but we already had that. And mostly I´d like to see anything new from GwS.
So I go for a Doonesbury crossover. I´d love to see a conversation between Tai and Zonker Harris. Or Marty with Mike Doonesbury. Or even better: an interaction of Hanners with Mikes daughter Alex.

I would keep the cardigan unopened, just for the sheer beauty of knowing what hides in this small, marvellous cube. But I rather suppose that this will lead to a situation where Bubbles will finally take off her armour, only for a short while. It would be very symbolic, Bubbles finally opening up a little bit.

TM
Relax, it's just a comic.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #21 on: 21 Mar 2016, 00:34 »

Bubbles has a strong dependency on that armour, doesn't she? I wonder if she had to go through that whole shaming thing that some vets went through, post-Vietnam? Yeah, Faye is imagining Bubbles wearing the cardigan. I can see Bubbles modelling it for her in private just to stop the uncomfortable feeling that your friend is fantasising you in a different outfit!

I don't think so. If anything, it's similar to the constant teasing/defensiveness that he wrote for late Marten/Dora. However, it's an imperfect comparison. Faye and Bubbles' friendship is being written as something unique to those characters and this is a good thing.

That would be cute, you can't deny that!

It's still a bit early to say that. If things do go in that direction, I expect denial on a monumental level first!
~~~~

USS Martenclaire

• Furry furrier
« Reply #22 on: 21 Mar 2016, 01:46 »

I don't see Bubbles and Faye as a romantic couple; Faye's never shown any romantic/sexual interest towards women. However, just because it's a close platonic friendship doesn't mean other people *unconvincing cough*Corpsewitch*unconvincing cough* won't project a romantic status on to it and become jealous.

improvnerd

• Furry furrier
« Reply #23 on: 21 Mar 2016, 02:35 »

I see it more as whatever the lady version of a bromance is called.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #24 on: 21 Mar 2016, 03:18 »

The word you're looking for is friendship. Same thing the male version is called.  :psyduck:
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #25 on: 21 Mar 2016, 04:28 »

Bubbles, you can wear the cardigan over your armor.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Martin

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #26 on: 21 Mar 2016, 04:46 »

Bubbles, you can wear the cardigan over your armor.
Yeah i can't see the problem with that either.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #27 on: 21 Mar 2016, 04:58 »

Just a little idea I had on this matter. It's me but I would like it if, after Faye has badgered Bubbles for so long on this matter, the result was either jaw-droppingly good (and Bubbles gets nervous because of all the positive attention she gets) or just... weird to the point where Faye admits that she somehow doesn't look like Bubbles out of her armour.
~~~~

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #28 on: 21 Mar 2016, 05:02 »

Can androids be benders?

Emily has never seen Bubbles out of her armour, so I imagine the cardigan is sized to fit over it.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Zebediah

• I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #29 on: 21 Mar 2016, 05:10 »

Actually, given the nature of that cardigan, it is probably truly one-size-fits-all. It could adapt itself to fit Momo or Pintsize as well as it fits Bubbles.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #30 on: 21 Mar 2016, 05:18 »

The cardigan is a tesseract (we can only see it as a cube). Every time Bubbles puts it on and takes it off, she's crossed over into a different comic.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #31 on: 21 Mar 2016, 05:59 »

In a couple of weeks on Alice Grove: Alice, Sedna and Gavia are arguing about the possibility of fully intelligent AI, while in the background we see Ardent chatting up a very confused looking Bubbles in a yellow cardigan. She only appears in one panel though, after which Ardent is looking around for her.

Radium_Coyote

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #32 on: 21 Mar 2016, 07:25 »

I'm enjoying this dynamic.  That Faye and Bubbles have gotten this friendly speaks well for both of them.  A lot of character growth happened in that time skip.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #33 on: 21 Mar 2016, 09:07 »

It's a stretch, but Emily might have looked up Bubbles's specifications to find out Bubbles's actual size.

I wonder: blushing, hair, facial expressions and all the other things added to facilitate interacting with carbon-based people are expensive. Why would the government pay for all of that twice, once for the armor and once for the body underneath the armor? What if Bubbles looks totally blank and mechanical underneath?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #34 on: 21 Mar 2016, 09:17 »

What makes you think her face/hair is covering anything (besides circuits, etc)? It's probably armor grade but I doubt there's another head underneath.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #35 on: 21 Mar 2016, 09:28 »

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a helmet element to Bubbles' armour that covers her head but that she doesn't use anymore because it restricts her field of vision and makes her look a bit too much like a Cylon centurion.

I wonder: blushing, hair, facial expressions and all the other things added to facilitate interacting with carbon-based people are expensive. Why would the government pay for all of that twice, once for the armor and once for the body underneath the armor? What if Bubbles looks totally blank and mechanical underneath?

Why should Bubbles have a full-fidelity human-simulating chassis? Well, firstly I suspect that, because most military equipment is built for humans, they wanted their military heavy infantry chassis to be as close to human norms as possible. So, at the very least, she'll be a giant Barbie doll, like May only much more muscular.

Secondly, I suspect that the chassis was designed for role flexibility. That means that it would need to be compatible for non-armoured operations like guard duty, occupation police duty, SCUBA insertion (using various buoyancy aids) and maybe even diplomatic protection work. In the latter mission, the ability to work in mufti and pass as a large but civilian chassis would be vital.

Finally, a derma covering of her entire body would massively improve her chassis' ability to deal with rain, frost, sand and other contaminants that could otherwise damage her inner workings.
~~~~

miados

« Reply #36 on: 21 Mar 2016, 09:41 »

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a helmet element to Bubbles' armour that covers her head but that she doesn't use anymore because it restricts her field of vision and makes her look a bit too much like a Cylon centurion.

Why should Bubbles have a full-fidelity human-simulating chassis? Well, firstly I suspect that, because most military equipment is built for humans, they wanted their military heavy infantry chassis to be as close to human norms as possible. So, at the very least, she'll be a giant Barbie doll, like May only much more muscular.

Secondly, I suspect that the chassis was designed for role flexibility. That means that it would need to be compatible for non-armoured operations like guard duty, occupation police duty, SCUBA insertion (using various buoyancy aids) and maybe even diplomatic protection work. In the latter mission, the ability to work in mufti and pass as a large but civilian chassis would be vital.

Finally, a derma covering of her entire body would massively improve her chassis' ability to deal with rain, frost, sand and other contaminants that could otherwise damage her inner workings.

And in the event of one of them being destroyed beyond repair it would be possible to salvage the military grade materials without having to retrieve the whole body. Similar to during a fire fight someone might just grab the persons weapons if their head is shot through instead of pulling the whole body along. Easier to replace if damaged as well instead of having an entire body replaced.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #37 on: 21 Mar 2016, 09:53 »

Everyone here is assuming that Bubbles' chassis is military issue. Her armor is, almost certainly. But we know that she wears the armor. Why go to the trouble to build a human inner chassis, then armor on top when they could have just as easily made a built to purpose frame, like Deathbot. We are just lacking a lot of information to make assumptions. We know her armor is separate from her body. It could just as easily be a similar  inner chassis as the ones Momo and May use. Or one built more rugged. Or it could just be a skeletal framework with her head attached, never really meant to be used outside of her armor, which is why she never takes it off. We just don't know. But there's no reason to assume her inner chassis is military issued either.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #38 on: 21 Mar 2016, 14:38 »

Wait, I just noticed she's wearing a coat over her armor, so what the fuck's her issue with a cardigan?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #39 on: 21 Mar 2016, 14:48 »

I voted for Avatar.

Oh the fun and games

As a compromise,Bubbles could wear the cardigan over her armor
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #40 on: 21 Mar 2016, 14:49 »

I'm tempted to make a second thread for the crossover ideas.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #41 on: 21 Mar 2016, 14:50 »

I voted for Alice Grove because that would be impossible without time travel (I choose to ignore Jeph's claims that they are a different 'verse).

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

War Sparrow

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #42 on: 21 Mar 2016, 15:58 »

Wait, I just noticed she's wearing a coat over her armor, so what the fuck's her issue with a cardigan?

She bought the coat to fit over her armour. Presumably she doesn't think the cardigan would fit, or look appropriate with, the armour.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #43 on: 21 Mar 2016, 16:05 »

It expands from a tiny cube, how would it not be able to stretch to fit her?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

War Sparrow

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #44 on: 21 Mar 2016, 16:43 »

Maybe it can, but does she know that? Is she even willing to try?

Maybe she secretly loathes cardigans, or yellow, and doesn't want it to get back to Emily so as to hurt her feelings. And a yellow cardigan over red armour would look pretty ridiculous. 

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #45 on: 21 Mar 2016, 16:49 »

I really think that everyone may be missing the wood for the trees, here. It's not a question of whether the cardigan will fit. The armour is a metaphor for... hang on, let me take a few steps back.

Think back to the introduction of Bubbles and Corpse Witch. Bubbles in her fearsome, huge, war armour, with the surprising name Bubbles. We soon learn that Bubbles is sensitive and intelligent, but is unwilling to speak of her past, and is hiding her emotions and her vulnerability behind a metaphorical and literal suit of armour.

In contrast, Corpse Witch - who, in a humorous contrast with the title of the comic introducing Bubbles, was introduced emphatically as CORPSE WITCH, which everyone took IMO a little too literally - Corpse Witch is outwardly pretty and delicate, but is, as we have since learned, insensitive, manipulative, and perhaps a little hateful.

The counterpoint is interesting, and pretty clear.

Where am I going with this? We know that Bubbles is still not entirely willing to open up emotionally. For example, she blushes when she admits that she sews, which is a "soft" activity. A cardigan would similarly soften her outward appearance, and compromise the emotional armour she's built around herself. She's not quite ready to do that yet, even with Faye.

It has nothing to do with whether the cardigan will fit. When she states emphatically that she "WEARS HER ARMOUR" she is saying in no uncertain terms that she's not quite ready to drop her emotional guard.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #46 on: 21 Mar 2016, 17:48 »

Theory of Mind:
I think I have a mind. I think you do too. From what happens in my mind, I think I can guess what is in your mind.
(Somehow I don't think this applies to Emily...)
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Shremedy

« Reply #47 on: 21 Mar 2016, 19:03 »

Specifying "other" vote(s) -

A have a few ideas; from the large number I read, I'm picking the ones that would work with minimal universe-bending.

1) Sinfest.  It highlights the-- unfortunate -- most likely use of humanform robots, emerging Artificial Sentience (as opposed to mere artificial Intelligence), the social issues, and also of the resistance/rebellion against such pimping -- mostly feminist because almost all of the 'bots are fembots.

2)  Supernormal Step.  A way to explore the possible emergence of magic (as opposed to insufficiently understood advanced tech), dressed up in superheroic style, into the modern world.

3) Wapsi Square.  Maybe not the current storyline so much, but it's a modern setting with the "mythological creatures hiding in plain sight" angle.

4)  I concur that Gunnerkrigg Court could be interesting, the "hidden magic" angle again.  Frankly Kat could be (at least partially) responsible for the profusion of humanform AI's into the mundane world.  Not sure how well the storylines would mesh, though.

5)  Shotgun Shuffle.  Just enough advanced 20-minutes-into-the-future tech (Ellie's "cloud-OS" phone that is literally a floating cloud) to mesh well, interesting cast of characters.

One that would be amusing would be Grrl Power, but that's more of a straight-up superhero universe.  Not sure how that would work.  Bringing ARCSwat members (even geeky n00b Sydney "Halo" Scoville) to Norfhampton would probably NOT be a good idea, but throwing QC cast into their setting could be interesting.

As a side note, all of these are recommended reads, even if my vote goes nowhere else in the poll...

"Because I dislike being quoted I lie almost constantly when talking about my work." -- Terry Gilliam

Shremedy

« Reply #48 on: 21 Mar 2016, 19:13 »

Unicorns and Pegasi -

Yes, it's an amusing conceit for story purposes.  I don't know about anyone else here, but (as a veteran) I am frankly alarmed at the notion that a bio/chem weapon detection system can be manipulated/spoofed in such a way to generate visual/olfactory hallucinations.  Kind of undermines the reliability of something that lives could literally depend on, especially if the hallucination were designed to be something not so obviously unreal...

"It's all right, Colonel, you can sent the human battalion through, nothing here but an olive grove..." (as opposed to an Alice Grove...)
"Because I dislike being quoted I lie almost constantly when talking about my work." -- Terry Gilliam

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #49 on: 21 Mar 2016, 19:21 »

Theory of Mind:
I think I have a mind. I think you do too. From what happens in my mind, I think I can guess what is in your mind.
(Somehow I don't think this applies to Emily...)

I'm beginning to wonder if that's not a misspelling on the part of Jeph he's not picked up on yet.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up