Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is Mr. Pate?

Another immortal like Alice and Sedna
A marooned space habitat dweller like Ardent and Gavia
A human collaborator of the Praeses
An ordinary human with a network of spies and assassins that could threaten Alice's village if she resists.
An ordinary human that will be the first man sent to the moon in thousands of years for grossly underestimating who he was dealing with.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alice Grove MCDLT - September 2016  (Read 88060 times)

JimC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Alice liked fluffy toys...
Re: Alice Grove MCDLT - September 2016
« Reply #100 on: 28 Sep 2016, 12:47 »

New Up.

I'm not sure I can see Mr Eyes in the bar scene.  Maybe frame 2. Is he on guard?
OTOH  I can also imagine Sedna in a "only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" scenario...

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #101 on: 28 Sep 2016, 12:51 »

Well at least Ardent got knocked out by non violent means.  Hopefully, he was more interested in hitting on Ellie and didn't say something he shouldn't have. 

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #102 on: 28 Sep 2016, 14:40 »

Gavia may be worried about her brother's drinking habits. However, something tells me that he got off lightly. I think Sedna carried him away just before his attempts to seduce Ellie just got embarrassing.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #103 on: 28 Sep 2016, 14:42 »

I wonder how many it took to drink him under the table

Five'll get you ten Odd Eyes is guarding the wagon.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

jheartney

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #104 on: 28 Sep 2016, 15:57 »

I'll be surprised if this attempt to run is successful. Instead, I think we're about to be treated to a demonstration of what Alice calls "our level bad news." Hope there are no fatalities.

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #105 on: 28 Sep 2016, 16:06 »

Gavia may be worried about her brother's drinking habits. However, something tells me that he got off lightly. I think Sedna carried him away just before his attempts to seduce Ellie just got embarrassing.

I think she's more concerned that there is someone more powerful than Alice.  Given Ardent's augmentation he probably has a higher tolerance for alcohol than a baseline human and none of the side effects.

Pogopotamus

• Plantmonster
« Reply #106 on: 28 Sep 2016, 18:56 »

This is definitely not going to end well for Sedna.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #107 on: 28 Sep 2016, 22:39 »

I think she's more concerned that there is someone more powerful than Alice.  Given Ardent's augmentation he probably has a higher tolerance for alcohol than a baseline human and none of the side effects.

He's still small.  As I have learnt from experience, even very small people with a high tolerance succumb before those who are larger.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #108 on: 28 Sep 2016, 22:45 »

I hope not.  It's not like Alice has enough to feel guilty about. 

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #109 on: 29 Sep 2016, 02:15 »

I'm a bit surprised that Alice sent Sedna to the sabotage mission and chose to prepare the carriage herself. I guess that
  • Alice and Sedna have worked as a team before and know each others strengths inside out.
  • In particular that Sedna has a Stealth +8 boon (or whatever it is called in roguelike games) that makes her a perfect choice. Even though she would probably also be better adept in preparing the Struthis for the journey as well.
  • May be Alice thinks that the Big Guy knows about her and the threat she poses, but is ignorant about Sedna?
Observe that Sedna does not question Alice's plan at all. This is a military operation for both of them - one leads and the other follows (orders).
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #110 on: 29 Sep 2016, 02:17 »

It depends; if Alice has to step in to save Sedna and the two of them fight with the Terminator/Whatever who is acting as Pate's muscle, we might as a consequence learn more about them and their origins. Especially if Sedna is seriously injured and Alice needs to explain things to Ardent and Gavia so they can help her heal/repair her.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #111 on: 29 Sep 2016, 03:42 »

I'm a bit surprised that Alice sent Sedna to the sabotage mission and chose to prepare the carriage herself. I guess that
  • Alice and Sedna have worked as a team before and know each others strengths inside out.
  • In particular that Sedna has a Stealth +8 boon (or whatever it is called in roguelike games) that makes her a perfect choice. Even though she would probably also be better adept in preparing the Struthis for the journey as well.
  • May be Alice thinks that the Big Guy knows about her and the threat she poses, but is ignorant about Sedna?
Observe that Sedna does not question Alice's plan at all. This is a military operation for both of them - one leads and the other follows (orders).

Good points, but I think Alice is more knowledgeable of Ardent's ability and knows what to do next.  If it were Alice to have an unfortunate encounter with the big guy then Sedna could still get away with Ardent and Gavia, but if the Praeses have more plans it might not matter if she can't outwit them. 

It depends; if Alice has to step in to save Sedna and the two of them fight with the Terminator/Whatever who is acting as Pate's muscle, we might as a consequence learn more about them and their origins. Especially if Sedna is seriously injured and Alice needs to explain things to Ardent and Gavia so they can help her heal/repair her.

That would provide some good exposition, but we've already had a situation where a character was knocked out for weeks.  It would seem redundant if they're carting Sedna around for 3 weeks while she recuperates. 

KevxD

• Emoticontraindication
  • n00b
« Reply #112 on: 29 Sep 2016, 06:46 »

It's killing me having to wait a week in between updates on this story arc!
The skyline was beautiful on fire, all twisted metal stretching upwards, everything washed in a thin orange haze
I said: "Kiss me, you're beautiful - these are truly the last days"
You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream or a fever

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #113 on: 04 Oct 2016, 06:35 »

Hmmm... I wonder if Pate's glasses are depicted as such to vsually represent that he's blinded by his own ambition?

His body guard also has a thing going on with his eyes. Possibly heterochromia, or perhaps he's blind in one eye (or used to be). Either way, more potential symbolism.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

KevxD

• Emoticontraindication
  • n00b
« Reply #114 on: 04 Oct 2016, 10:08 »

Hmmm... I wonder if Pate's glasses are depicted as such to vsually represent that he's blinded by his own ambition?

His body guard also has a thing going on with his eyes. Possibly heterochromia, or perhaps he's blind in one eye (or used to be). Either way, more potential symbolism.

Pate's glasses remind me of Dale's

Although they don't have the same glow
The skyline was beautiful on fire, all twisted metal stretching upwards, everything washed in a thin orange haze
I said: "Kiss me, you're beautiful - these are truly the last days"
You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream or a fever
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up