Ask about hair.
Pound Pintsize.
Squash spiders in the basement.
Get Awkward with Elliot.
Purple Monkey Dishwashers
Something Completely Different
Speculate wildly!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: Strips 3336-3340 (24-28 October 2016)  (Read 30872 times)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
WCDT: Strips 3336-3340 (24-28 October 2016)
« on: 23 Oct 2016, 20:41 »

Wait, no WCDT? What is this, anyways?
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
Re: WCDT: Strips 3336-3340 (24-28 October 2016)
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2016, 21:07 »

I'm down with the awkwardness.

When I read the OP, my automatically mind filled in: "What is this, Bush Week?"

That's because that was what Dad would say to my brothers and me when we were up to shenanigans as kids.

We would inevitably reply, "No, it's Banana Sunday," which would get us into all kinds of trouble if we'd misjudged the seriousness of the situation.

I later learned that the correct response was actually "Yes, and you're the sap." It's probably for the best that we didn't know this at the time.

It's an Australian thing, apparently. Don't ask me, I just live here (or just google it like I had to).
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2 on: 23 Oct 2016, 21:12 »

The houk starting a WCDT? WHAT YEAR IS THIS?
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2016, 23:21 »

I find myself wondering if Jeph is planning to use the occasion of Bubbles' visit to the apartment to answer a few questions about humanform AI chassis. However, I also think that we may have one or two strips where Jeph uses Bubbles and her nature as a way to further explore the others' personalities.

Yeah, Pintsize has a point. Some people can put more threat into a quiet, polite request than others can into imminent physical violence. It's just something Bubbles is good at, I guess.

What's the answer to his question? Well, in engineering terms, if the pubic area of the chassis has the same receiving 'roots' as the scalp then it would be possible to do this. Has Bubbles done this? None of his business and I have no idea why he asked other than to further embellish his reputation as a pervert.

Here's the thing though: The more I think about it, the less Bubbles' chassis makes in-universe narrative sense. Why fit a military chassis with such elaborate cosmetic details? I'm wondering if this is a military chassis at all or whether, in a moment of guilt about what she's been through (both as a soldier and with the scorn and rejection she's received since) someone gave Bubbles a high-fidelity humanform chassis with military accessories in the hope that she'd be able to find some kind of happiness.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2016, 00:45 »

I assume the purpose in giving her human features is to aid in group bonding with her team. Humans are more likely to form an attachment with a being that looks like them than with one that looks more like a machine. Combat units require a tight sense on unity and emotional attachment to work together at maximum efficiency.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #5 on: 24 Oct 2016, 01:06 »

This. Also, this ability to "grow" hair might be part of a more general self-repair facility.

I somehow imagine that few people from whom Bubbles might request an apology would ever refuse.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

anahata

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Never knowingly understood
« Reply #6 on: 24 Oct 2016, 05:44 »

Is Pintsize's reaction because Bubbles is big and scary (i.e. bigger and stronger than Faye), or is it a reference to the mental anguish such a persistently unrepentant character would have to go through to actually apologize for anything? He's been punished for his deeds often enough, but I don't think he's ever apologized.
(waits for someone with time and archive-fu to prove me wrong...)
It's Okay! I just won't touch any machines!

Gyrre

« Reply #7 on: 24 Oct 2016, 05:46 »

I assume the purpose in giving her human features is to aid in group bonding with her team. Humans are more likely to form an attachment with a being that looks like them than with one that looks more like a machine. Combat units require a tight sense on unity and emotional attachment to work together at maximum efficiency.

It's either that or a self mod she made after she was discharged.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #8 on: 24 Oct 2016, 05:48 »

I'm actually more curious if Bubbles' hair fibers can take forms on command.  It would explain why she looked like she was wearing a helmet when we first met her.  As such she could have literal helmet head just by reflex which makes sense considering her former line of work. 

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #9 on: 24 Oct 2016, 05:54 »

Is Pintsize's reaction because Bubbles is big and scary (i.e. bigger and stronger than Faye), or is it a reference to the mental anguish such a persistently unrepentant character would have to go through to actually apologize for anything?

I think it's basically because her LOOM puts even Marten's to shame. It's certainly more intimidating than Faye with a rolling pin!
~~~~

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #10 on: 24 Oct 2016, 07:14 »

Is Pintsize's reaction because Bubbles is big and scary (i.e. bigger and stronger than Faye), or is it a reference to the mental anguish such a persistently unrepentant character would have to go through to actually apologize for anything?

I think it's basically because her LOOM puts even Marten's to shame. It's certainly more intimidating than Faye with a rolling pin!

Maybe its her very polite and utterly deadpan delivery - or maybe I think so because yesterday, I watched a vid of Eric Bana interviewing infamous Australian Standover-man Mark "Chopper" Read in order to prepare for his role in the movie "Chopper".

The creepy thing about Chopper Read is that he's actually rather amicable and friendly - right until he starts telling his stories and you suddenly notice how he's ever-so-slowly shifting 'into character'. There's a point where Read describes how he went about intimidating a bunch of hardened inmates - utterly deadpan, very politely inquiring "Btw, how is your mother doing these days? Is she alright?" - and you notice how Bana, a rather big and physically fit guy (he played a Navy Seal in "Blackhawk Down") goes from laughing along into making those soft, intimidated "ha" "uhuh" "ha" "umh" noises - kinda like he's thinking "Oh! Fuck! How did I get here? What was I thinking? This is a guy who put the fear of God into the worst inmates of a high-security prison AND HE'S SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!"
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #11 on: 24 Oct 2016, 07:34 »

Dread of the unknown has always been a far more scary thing than an actual threat. When someone says 'I'm going to smash you in the head with a rolling pin'  you've got some idea of what to expect. Sure they could be lying... but it gives you something to focus on. On the other hand, if that same person (and let's be honest, Bubbles is way more physically intimidating than Faye) is calmly staring you in the eye and saying they are very upset with you, with an edge of threat to their voice but no overt threats... Well your mind starts running a mile a minute over what they could do to you, and you have no idea if they are going to, or what it will be or when it will happen. You just know you're in danger.

It's a trick horror writers and film makers use to great effect. Keep what's going on not well known.  So long as the monster or the killer or whatever is unknown it's much easier to produce scares with just noises or out of place but perfectly ordinary things. See the trope of 'it was just a cat'. The fear of the unknown keeps the protagonist and audience jumping. Once the threat becomes known though, it becomes much easier to focus on. Perhaps not less dangerous but certainly not as scary.

theMarc

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Oh God, it's all over my body.
« Reply #12 on: 24 Oct 2016, 10:37 »

Firstly, why would Bubbles have pubes, Pintsize? More importantly, why would you ask if she has pubes? What sort of delusions are you suffering from that you didn't think that that wouldn't end badly?

Secondly, Goddammit, the commentary under the comic is giving me a mental image of Pintsize having a pube collection. Like, some people collect trading cards, others collect stamps or figurines, but Pintsize has a collector's case for his pube collection. And now I'm thinking about how Pintsize went about acquiring all those pubes. Ugh...
Be kind and generous to all people, even imaginary people who only exist in a webcomic, because that’s good practice for the real world.

Magniras

• Larger than most fish
  • INTERNET SPACESHIPS
« Reply #13 on: 24 Oct 2016, 10:42 »

It's a terrible context, but a fairly good point has been brought up by pintsize.  Can AI get get pubes installed on their chassis?  I doubt many AI would, but it seems like the kind of thing May would do if she had a higher quality chassis.  Plus there are those AI that want meat bodies, would they go for it?

EDIT:
Secondly, Goddammit, the commentary under the comic is giving me a mental image of Pintsize having a pube collection. Like, some people collect trading cards, others collect stamps or figurines, but Pintsize has a collector's case for his pube collection. And now I'm thinking about how Pintsize went about acquiring all those pubes. Ugh...

Dude, he totally does.

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #15 on: 24 Oct 2016, 14:39 »

I like the way she scares him.  Few do.

The ability to know a thousand ways to hurt Pintsize that a Military Combat AI might know would be a factor in that as well.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #16 on: 24 Oct 2016, 15:48 »

"She's got electric boobs,
and mohair pubes"

For a terrifying example of what a flat delivery can accomplish, see the scene in "Ripley's Game" in which someone insults the main character and he just says deadpan "Meaning?".
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #17 on: 24 Oct 2016, 15:58 »

... Goddammit, the commentary under the comic is giving me a mental image of Pintsize having a pube collection.

Um, Iceland has a penis collection...
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #18 on: 24 Oct 2016, 16:08 »

The Museum of Old and New Art in Hobart (MONA) has a collection of plaster casts of vaginas on permanent display. One hundred and fifty of them, to be precise.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Zebediah

• I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #19 on: 24 Oct 2016, 16:41 »

So is that Old Art or New Art?
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #20 on: 24 Oct 2016, 17:14 »

Yes.  Yes, it is.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #21 on: 24 Oct 2016, 18:28 »

I agree with Morituri, but to take the question more literally than it was probably intended, I think that the exhibit was created within the last decade or so.

The sculptor was male, in case you were wondering that.

MONA does like to provoke. Is it art, or is it provocation as a substitute for art rather than as a consequence of it? I'll leave you to work that out.

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #22 on: 24 Oct 2016, 21:44 »

I go off on a really long ramble about how artists shouldn't shy away from writing characters like Claire, because Jeph's comment on today's comic hit a particular nerve. However, it's long and vehement, so I'm going to hide it away under a spoiler bar. Have a great day.

(click to show/hide)
oh god

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #23 on: 24 Oct 2016, 21:46 »

Bubbles... stop being so cute. Do you know what happens to female cast members when they becomes to cute. The Floof sets in.  Then it will grow... soon we will have reached Floofical Mass, and then no one will be spared.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #24 on: 24 Oct 2016, 22:03 »

Addendum: Writing them as a novelty or a gimmick, mind, is a different thing entirely and I will fight you.

As far as I can tell, that very difference you've mentioned here, the difference between writing the character well and writing her as some kind of a gimmick, is the main thing Jeph is nervous about. Can you see from your own statement why he'd be nervous? Luckily from us, he hasn't shied away from writing Claire because of that.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #25 on: 24 Oct 2016, 22:09 »

I like how she easily Claire found it to talk to Bubbles  especially about her feelings about her transition.  I doubt she has many people she feels that way about.

And yeah, careful there Bubbles, you may cross the Floof Event Horizon.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #26 on: 24 Oct 2016, 22:31 »

Bubbles strikes me as a safe person to confide in.

Claire didn't need to explain what gender dysphoria is. That says something about the QC world or at the very least about Bubbles. Maybe all it says is that Bubbles uses her WiFi connection or local databases to look up unfamiliar phrases.

Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #27 on: 24 Oct 2016, 22:58 »

An understanding of issues such as this one strikes me as an excellent leadership quality, and Bubbles has exhibited many leadership qualities, so it would not surprise me if this were yet another.

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #28 on: 24 Oct 2016, 23:06 »

*snip*

I should clarify that I mean cynical intent more than perceived poor execution. Jephs reasons for nervousness are clearly stated in the author comment text, and are what I was addressing. All the more kudos to him for doubling down on doing her right and not backing down from the attempt.

When I say cynicism I'm more referring to a character that could be summarised as "the token ____", usually used in the context of broadening demographic appeal. But then we're going off on another tangent again as to whether a well written cliche defined by their minority trait is helpful or harmful, even compared to nothing at all, which is a very interesting debate for another time.

Sorry, heading to bed now so I'll be unable to provide further clarification if I've caused any offense or misunderstandings or flat out disagreements. Genuinely very sorry about that.
oh god

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #29 on: 24 Oct 2016, 23:24 »

*snip*

I should clarify that I mean cynical intent more than perceived poor execution. Jephs reasons for nervousness are clearly stated in the author comment text, and are what I was addressing. All the more kudos to him for doubling down on doing her right and not backing down from the attempt.

When I say cynicism I'm more referring to a character that could be summarised as "the token ____", usually used in the context of broadening demographic appeal. But then we're going off on another tangent again as to whether a well written cliche defined by their minority trait is helpful or harmful, even compared to nothing at all, which is a very interesting debate for another time.

Sorry, heading to bed now so I'll be unable to provide further clarification if I've caused any offense or misunderstandings or flat out disagreements. Genuinely very sorry about that.

Before I continue, please know that I'm not in the slightest way offended or upset, so don't worry.

I think that I understand what you are saying when you say that you mean "cynical intent more than perceived poor execution." I agree with what you are saying.

The only problem for the artist is that, to the casual observer/reader, the two cannot easily be distinguished. Someone who perceives poor execution could easily mistake it for cynical intent, especially when someone with cynical intent could easily say the same things Jeph is saying. For all of Jeph's good intentions, he is probably nervous about ensuring that his good intentions translate to the reader.

I have seen many posts on these forums dismissing "good intentions" as far less important than actual deeds. He's doing a good job, so it's easy for us to wonder why he is nervous. But with so many people ready to launch attacks if he doesn't (not necessarily your good self), well, that would naturally make one a touch nervous.

Edit: He probably also feels a sense of responsibility.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #30 on: 24 Oct 2016, 23:28 »

This is an interesting strip because it probably says a lot about what a trustworthy person Bubbles seems to Claire. After all, this is only the third person we've seen her come out to after Marten (then-crush and now boyfriend) and Emily (best friend). Bubbles must just have this aura of trustworthiness.

I suppose it also says a bit about Bubbles herself that she shies away from believing that her own issues with self-worth and social anxiety are significant or deserving of empathy. Quite simply, someone saying: "I've been somewhere similar to where you are now" is a big help for her.

Yes, most of the people Bubbles knows (except AI vehicles) are much smaller than her. That doesn't mean that 'Small Friend' isn't something that could be unique and personal to the role Claire plays in her life. :-)

Oh, inb4 Zoe starts squealing! :-D
~~~~

TinPenguin

• Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #31 on: 25 Oct 2016, 01:40 »

I suppose it also says a bit about Bubbles herself that she shies away from believing that her own issues with self-worth and social anxiety are significant or deserving of empathy. Quite simply, someone saying: "I've been somewhere similar to where you are now" is a big help for her.

This is actually the most significant thing for me. This strip isn't about Claire; it's about Bubbles. Sometimes people with serious issues don't realise the shadow they cast over other people's smaller problems. Sometimes we convince ourselves that our big problem is actually a small one. It's a mark of empathy and generosity to include those people and welcome them into the same boat.

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #32 on: 25 Oct 2016, 01:57 »

I remember when Jeph asked if anyone was or knew a trans person because he was going to write one into the strip and he wanted to get it right.  I offered my own small experiences, which were filled with both joy and bitterness.

In my own humble experience, I believe Jeph is writing Claire authentically.  Kudos.
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #33 on: 25 Oct 2016, 02:01 »

An understanding of issues such as this one strikes me as an excellent leadership quality, and Bubbles has exhibited many leadership qualities, so it would not surprise me if this were yet another.
Bubbles must just have this aura of trustworthiness.

Just so.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #34 on: 25 Oct 2016, 05:19 »

Bubbles... stop being so cute. Do you know what happens to female cast members when they becomes to cute. The Floof sets in.  Then it will grow... soon we will have reached Floofical Mass, and then no one will be spared.

I think we haven't fully assessed the situation. So far, floof bearers could be crudely defined as "smol kyoot grils".

Bubbles is an 8ft tall robo-valkyrie.

If she reached peak floof there wouldn't be enough space on the strip to fully convey the extent of the floof.

God save us all
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #35 on: 25 Oct 2016, 05:28 »

No, no floof for Bubbles but, possibly, longer straight hair that she keeps in a bun at the nape of her neck when 'in uniform'. It would make the visual disconnect between severe, ascetic Mechanic Bubbles and Bubbles the Tea Connoisseur that much more complete.

FWIW, I'd really like to know whether Jeph is taking this scene anywhere special. After all, the Mission of Mercy is done and Pintsize hasn't been hammered out flat so why has Bubbles not decided to go 'home' yet? I'm wondering if Faye has invited her to stay for a while and will badger her to staying overnight ("I'll borrow Hannelore's spare charging cable for you. I don't know why she has a military-grade charging cable and I don't want to know.") Bubbles thus has to deal with a morning in a complex social group for the first time since she was discharged.

The thing is... Can anyone see Faye letting Bubbles recharge sitting in a corner of the lounge?
~~~~

Stoutfellow

• Curry sauce
« Reply #36 on: 25 Oct 2016, 05:45 »

I would tend to interpret "small friend" not as "small compared to me" but as "small compared to my other friends" - which is probably true of Claire. But that thought leads me to wonder who Bubbles considers as friends. Faye; Claire, apparently - and that was fast; Hannelore, possibly; who else?

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #37 on: 25 Oct 2016, 05:53 »

Probably not much more than that. Bubbles does not seem the kind of person to open up to people often, or get attached. She does have loyalty to the other fight club robots, but she never seemed friendly with them. Faye seems the first friend she's had in a while... Possibly since the sudden, tragic and likely violent loss of her last group of friends. Wanting to keep people at arm's length is a common self-defense tactic used by people who have lost people close to them, for fear of feeling that pain again. Faye fought hard to get past that shell, to be a good friend to her. Hannelore I think has that capability, maybe she's there in Bubbles' mind, maybe not. And now Claire has opened up to Bubbles and connected with her.. It's becoming easier for Bubbles to interact with people again, even call them friend.

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #38 on: 25 Oct 2016, 06:12 »

This is an interesting strip because it probably says a lot about what a trustworthy person Bubbles seems to Claire. After all, this is only the third person we've seen her come out to after Marten (then-crush and now boyfriend) and Emily (best friend). Bubbles must just have this aura of trustworthiness.

Yes, most of the people Bubbles knows (except AI vehicles) are much smaller than her. That doesn't mean that 'Small Friend' isn't something that could be unique and personal to the role Claire plays in her life. :-)

Oh, inb4 Zoe starts squealing! :-D

Actually the 4th that we know of http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3185

And if Claire can trust Pintsize then Bubbles is definitely safe.  It's still touching and might actually be more for Bubbles benefit since putting her trust in her may make her feel like she's more than just some government murder machine. 

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #39 on: 25 Oct 2016, 18:37 »

For some reason, I get the impression that if we ever get to see Bubbles out of her armour, she'll look very much like Claire, stature-wise.

This isn't realistic, because of their respective heights. More like Emily.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #40 on: 25 Oct 2016, 20:07 »

Claire's 'squee' moment: By eagerly embracing the role of 'small friend', she promotes Bubbles to 'Big Friend'. Friends who are open and honest with each other.

Awesome that such different characters can find common ground.

This is a wonderful comic, and I thank the previous commentators for helping me see why.
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #41 on: 25 Oct 2016, 20:47 »

I'm glad Claire likes being a Small Friend, if she was a Little Fwend she'd have to go around lifting Bubbles's arm all the time. :clairedoge:

Silly joke aside, how does she keep getting cuter? I'm worried she might hit critical mass cuteness and explosively transform into a litter of Corgi puppies.
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #42 on: 25 Oct 2016, 21:19 »

Noooo, not Corgi puppies!

Poor Marten.  He's terrified of Bubbles, and not in the good way like he used to be terrified of Faye.

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #43 on: 25 Oct 2016, 22:01 »

... yeah, that worked about as well as when an angel would pop up, all wings and eyes and wheels of fire, and say "BE NOT AFRAID!"

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #44 on: 25 Oct 2016, 23:18 »

Someone really needs to explain to Bubbles that 'loud and loom' does not communicate 'friendly and peaceful'. :lol: Seriously, though, what makes this funny is you can tell that Bubbles is really, really nervous about interacting with people and that's why she comes on so strong. It's just that 'loud' and 'giant Valkyrie combat robot' are not things that go well together for poor Marten!

I really think that Sam had the right idea: They need to make Pintsize a new head out of memory foam so that they don't need to call in a metal-worker every couple of days. Either that or Pintsize needs to clean up his act around people who can cause him structural damage!
~~~~

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #45 on: 25 Oct 2016, 23:43 »

Marigold said on Twitter that the military models were easy to repair.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #46 on: 26 Oct 2016, 00:04 »

Either that or Pintsize needs to clean up his act around people who can cause him structural damage!

Crazy talk.

USS Martenclaire

• Furry furrier
« Reply #47 on: 26 Oct 2016, 00:14 »

For me, I feel Claire is a realistic trans character because although she brings it up occasionally, its a part of who she is. Her dorkiness, her terrifying powers of librarianship, her love puns and her floofy hair that will one day gain sentience and ddvour the entire QC cast - this makes her a character that is trans rather than a trans character.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #48 on: 26 Oct 2016, 00:15 »

What I want to know is what a reindeer was doing with a rolling pin! 

Or a fairy for that matter - but weren't we were told that the damage was caused by the reindeer?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #49 on: 26 Oct 2016, 00:17 »

@pwhodges,

They'd actually fixed the damage caused by the reindeer. However, immediately after Strip 3336, Faye put the dent back into Pintsize's head (along with the rolling pin) when he asked Bubbles and indelicate question.
~~~~

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up