Pintsize + espresso machine love plot, with added metal phallus
Clinton is living on the streets after failing to make rent
Elliot plucks up the courage to ask Brun out
More sartorial delights from Bubbles
Steve eats cereal
Hannelore learns she's actually a human-AI hybrid experiment
Something else!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3506 to 3510 (19 June to 23 June 2017)  (Read 43955 times)

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung
Re: WCDT Strips 3506 to 3510 (19 June to 23 June 2017)
« Reply #200 on: 22 Jun 2017, 21:25 »

Panel 5: Clinton tells Brun "your advice is always welcome!"

But in panel 3, Brun's advice was to ask his sister for dating advice, and he spent two panels rejecting that advice...

Dandi Andi

• FIGHT YOU
  • They/them she/her. Formerly Pecoros7. Still tired.
« Reply #201 on: 22 Jun 2017, 21:32 »

Wow. I come back after a day to find that trans issues have become a contentious topic of debate. Please allow me, then, to clarify my earlier position.

Just a heads up because I'm new and not totally clear on what is or is not acceptable in this community, I will probably mention genitals at some point. And I mention rape once. So content warning if you need it.

My "Hear! Hear!" comment was directed at the notion that Marten should not be lauded for treating his girlfriend well in light of her being a trans woman. Treating her with respect should be the default. Her being a trans woman does not lower the standard by which she should be treated. I apologize if I got my hackles up unduly, but the qualifier "in a relationship that most men would find difficult to even conceive of having." makes it sound like Marten's behavior is made more commendable because Claire is trans; that Claire should expect less in a relationship than a cis woman should. Perhaps it was not intended that way, but I get a lot of flack from people who do mean it that way. I've grown a little defensive about it.

As far as not wanting to date a trans person? Well, there are valid reasons and there are shitty reasons.

I totally understand someone saying "Oh, you're a woman but you have a penis? I'm sorry, but I'm looking for a romantic partner who is also a sexual partner and I'm just not at all into penis sex. I think we're better off seeking romance elsewhere." I get that. It sucks, but I get it. Sexual compatibility is important in many relationships and genitals play a part in that compatibility.

Saying "Oh, you're trans and therefore infertile/not fertile with me? I'm sorry, but I'm really looking for someone to have children with and I'm not interested in adoption. I think we're better off seeking romance elsewhere." That's totally fine. Again, it sucks, but I get it. There's nothing transphobic about that.

I can even see room for the argument of "I'm emotionally ill equipped to handle the societally imposed consequences of dating a trans person.  I wouldn't be able to provide the emotional support necessary in that context and would be a terrible partner because of it." I can absolutely see where someone would disagree with me on that point, though. I'd be happy to listen to counterpoints as I am keen to be proven wrong.

But not dating trans people as a matter of principle, to say "I wouldn't date a trans person because trans people just kind of skeeve me out." absolutely is transphobic. That's isolating and othering trans people for no reason other than being trans. Sure, it isn't actively hostile, but it adds to the list of things that we deal with just because we're trans. And I understand that being called transphobic because of it sucks. It's not like they think (as Vice President Pence does) that I need to be "cured" with electroconvulsive therapy. Yes, they find "corrective rape" and "pray the gay away" camps just as disgusting as I do. There is a real and meaningful difference between WBC and someone who doesn't want to date trans people and it is important to recognize that. But othering me in more subtle ways still hurts. It's the background radiation of my life. Please don't act like it doesn't.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #202 on: 22 Jun 2017, 22:02 »

But in panel 3, Brun's advice was to ask his sister for dating advice, and he spent two panels rejecting that advice...

It's almost as though Clinton said that in panel 5 because Brun is pretty.  :roll:
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #203 on: 22 Jun 2017, 23:15 »

I think that this is the most revealing conversation that Clinton has ever had with Brun in many ways.

We can see Brun's insecurity. She's aware that she doesn't always pick up on non-verbal cues and she's worried that she's overstepped some boundary with Clinton, based on the fact that he doesn't always appreciate advice (and, in fact, has got very angry with Claire about it on occasion).

Then we see the fact that Clinton is very nicely human. Brun is right in that our feelings towards someone affects our approach to them. However, Clinton is, in the end, a nice guy. He certainly doesn't want Brun to think that he appreciates her advice merely because he finds her attractive and that makes him subconsciously more likely to agree with her! :wink: :lol:

An alternative interpretation is that he doesn't want to come across as the creep who will agree with anything Brun says so long as it gets her in bed with him. However, I don't know if Brun would necessarily be aware of that option; I suspect that such a blatantly false personal reality would be hard for her to visualise.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -
« Reply #204 on: 22 Jun 2017, 23:40 »

Please take a step back and consider what you are saying. Your comment implicitly categorises trans women into a distinct category from women as a whole.

With all respect, they ARE. That's not to say that trans people shouldn't be treated with love and respect, but there is a world of difference between being born female and receiving surgical and hormonal treatments to adopt an outwardly female body.

Oh r e a l l y

Why? I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm not crticising either you or your view. I'm asking why you think that, given what we know of the biology of sex and gender.

If I may quote from a recent submission to the SCOTUS on the subject:

Petitioner maintains that the word “sex” in Title IX must refer only to an Individual’s so-called “physiological” sex, rather than the sex with which an individual identifies and lives every day. This is so, Petitioner argues, because “physiological” sex—purportedly unlike gender identity—is binary, objective, and self-evident. The intersex youth for whom amici advocate are a living refutation of this argument.

Petitioner’s simplistic view of “physiological” sex is demonstrably inaccurate as a matter of human biology. Moreover, it demeans many thousands of intersex youth by erasing their bodies and lives and placing them outside the recognition of the law. Physicians who treat individuals with intersex traits recognize that the key determinant of how individuals navigate sex designations in their lives is their gender identity—their internal sense of belonging to a particular gender.
Notably, the legal system has struggled for decades to answer the definitional question that Petitioner simply begs. By the time Title IX was enacted, courts well recognized that “(t)here are several criteria or standards which may be relevant in determining the sex of an individual.”
    M.T. v. J.T., 355 A.2d 204, 206–08 (N.J. App. Div. 1976) (listing chromosomes, external genitalia, gonads, secondary sex characteristics, and hormones, as well as gender identity).

Commentators have noted the “variability of standards that courts employ” in making such determinations.

Even courts in the same jurisdiction have disagreed about how to determine sex when physiological features do not align.

Petitioner and its amici also assert that “physiological” sex has the virtue of being an “objective” classification. Pet. Br. at 32; McHugh Br. at 3–6, 12–13.

Gender identity, they suggest, is “fuzzy and mercurial,” id. at 8, while “physiological” sex simply is. But the foregoing discussion should make clear that this assertion is similarly flawed. An intersex student’s "physiological” sex may depend entirely on which Physiological trait one chooses to privilege. Indeed, because of the diversity of medical perspectives, trained experts can and do disagree on the “correct” sex to assign to an intersex child.

Interpreting “sex” to refer to a student’s gender identity would avoid (or at least mitigate) these problems. Unlike “physiological” sex, all parties appear to agree on what gender identity means: it is “[an] individual’s ‘innate sense of being male or female.’” Pet. Br. at 36; cf. Resp. Br. at 2 (similar). It is not subject to competing definitions depending on which expert or court is consulted. Moreover, unlike “physiological” sex, a student’s gender identity by definition cannot be subject to differences in medical opinion: each student is the ultimate arbiter of their own gender identity, as they (and they alone) experience it first-hand.

What do you mean "born female"? Consider a newborn with the 46,XX chromosomes most women have, a functional reproductive system that will, when they are old enough, be capable of successfully conceiving and carrying children, but who has to have "surgical and hormonal treatments to adopt an outwardly female body."

What about someone with 3BHSD or MGD who naturally changes - often incompletely - so they have an "outwardly female body" even without surgery or hormones? Does it matter if the change happens, as it usually does, in the womb before birth, or afterwards? Does it matter if the change is incomplete, so surgery and/or hormones are needed to complete it?

You wouldn't be the only one to privilege one Physiological trait over others - appearance at birth - in deciding whether someone is "born female" or not. Some competent medical authorities and experts still do that, even now. I'm not sayng you're wrong. I'm asking why.

Is there a "world of difference" between blonde humans who have a mutant gene for that and other humans, most of whom have dark hair? What about left-handed humans who are neurologically distinct from the vast majority of other humans, are they "not born human"?  I really, really doubt that you think so in either case. But if not, why not?

If someone said "That's not to say that blonde/lefthanded people shouldn't be treated with love and respect but.." how would you view that? Would you say that viewing them as fundamentally different from normal humans is consistent with the respect you believe they deserve, or is it sorta contradictory, even if not intended to be?

A personal note, not that I like talking about it, but sometimes it's needed for informational, educational purposes. My own appearance was more M than F at birth. That changed, normalised, later. Mostly. About 80%. I opted for surgery and Hormones to complete the change, giving me an "outwardly female body". Inwardly, still a bit of a mix, with much scar tissue from the unconsented removal of dysfunctional, atrophied or never developed organs, but outwardly, female yes, completely rather than mostly.

Neither the surgery, nor the hormones, nor the natural change before them had any effect on the fact that I was "born female" as you put it. Or *not* born female if you ignore most of my anatomy, and concentrate on a few parts that, while not male in the usual sense, are more M than F.

I had the surgery to make me more comfortable. Many others who are Intersex are quite comfy being nonstandard genitally, as are many Trans people. I don't ask, unless in a medical context, any more than I ask Intrasex or Cis people about their genital configuration.

Feel free to ask questions, though there's a metric shipload of info on the subject in the trans/intersex thread. May I ask that you look through that first, then get back to me? Thanks

Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

neurocase

• Furry furrier
« Reply #205 on: 22 Jun 2017, 23:55 »

I'm all for this civil discussion, but I'm trying to catch up on the comic discussion in the comic discussion thread. Could this conversation be moved to a relevant thread? And no, it's not relevant to the comic right now, because in no way has Claire's identity been a focal point or even mentioned in the past five strips, so as tangential as it may be, I'd argue that this isn't really the thread for it? Just my pair 'o pennies worth.

oeoek

• Furry furrier
    • friggin artists!
« Reply #206 on: 23 Jun 2017, 00:01 »

I love how the background painting in 3510 is a summary/comment on what's happening in the foreground...

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #207 on: 23 Jun 2017, 03:02 »

Global Moderator Comment I've been considering a split. I hesitate because Marten's whole-hearted acceptance of Claire is a noteworthy element of the comic and worth discussing.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #208 on: 23 Jun 2017, 03:07 »

I've been considering a split. I hesitate because Marten's whole-hearted acceptance of Claire is a noteworthy element of the comic and worth discussing.

Yeah ... I doubt that Marten would stand by-, or partake in, two days worth of meta-discussion about the permissibility of discussion about Claire's fuckability ...

Dude may be chill, but he's a decent sorts.
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #209 on: 23 Jun 2017, 03:11 »

Something that someone on the Subreddit mentioned and I honestly didn't know the answer. Was strip 3509 the first time Marten has been shown saying 'I love you' to Claire?
~~~~

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #210 on: 23 Jun 2017, 03:16 »

I gotta say, I get a bit WTF when these sort of debates arise. The worse one I think was the whole safety pin fiasco when people were actively attacking people with the pin on show on social media as *not doing enough*... failing to notice (or even concede) that doing SOMETHING is better than doing nothing, that a show of support lets the people affected know they are NOT as isolated as they may think.

Slightly related to this... I just get miffed at the militancy of certain sections who attack all and sundry if they do not walk the same path as those same militants...
Use that same debate for religion and I think we all know where that leads.

In essence... if someone is supporting your cause, don't be a dick and rat on them for not supporting your cause *enough*, because all that will do is turn them away from you. Maybe better aim your anger at those who are actively, openly and joyfully attacking you?

...just a thought.

I think you're misunderstanding the motivation here in a very critical way. You frame the issue as though it were about ideological purity, akin to how communists split infinitely over tiny details of doctrine. That isn't what it's about at all. It's about disappointment. It is disappointing to find that people don't support your rights as much as you'd believed or hoped. You might think that it's a minor point, but for those who are affected it isn't. Having someone you trusted or admired - or having a community you're part of - turn out to not being as supportive and accepting of you as you thought is a very unsettling experience. It hammers home that even amongst people who are ostensibly accepting that you are still somehow different, something other, rather than just another person. These experiences erode trust, and push people back towards communities of people who share their differences, where they know that they won't be made to feel weird or odd or strange.

It's not about ideological purity, it's about exclusion.

Sorry - That's not what I said at all.
Unless I'm reading you incorrectly?

I get the whole "I'm a person" stance. Who could deny that every single one of us is a "person" (Well... I'm sure some morons try to do so.)
But if we are "all people" then why are there such things as Pride marches? Or Black Lives Matter demos, etc etc?

Those things are put in place by people who are LGBT(x) and 'Not White'...
They are making their own distinctions as to what 'kind' of person they are.
And more power to them!

The irony is (and the crux of my miff-ness) is that it those same distinctions which lead to others 'not' part of those distinctions being lambasted for (it seems) DARING to stand up and say.
"Yeah! I agree! You guys are every bit a person as everyone else!"
And then they get slapped down for (it seems) doing exactly that.
Like - "How dare you support me for my gay/black/muslim-ness! I'm a PERSON! Why don't you just support me for that!"

When... you know... we ARE! But we're supporting you against those who DON'T, by referring to you in very same sphere which you define yourself as being a part of... whilst still being a person!

In what way is that 'not' being supportive?
(Other than it would be hard to fit on a placard or a snappy eye-catching social media posting)

(N.B: All *you*s are generic. Not aimed at 'You' ! :)  )
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #211 on: 23 Jun 2017, 03:31 »

Joe, I think the point is less about your support, which I'm sure is appreciated, than about the hurt of seeing that a meta-discussion about the permissibility of public debate of your group's fuckability is not only allowed, but that it (maybe out of misguided reaction to recent developments by otherwise totally decent people, maybe due to WhatTheFuckDoIknow) is turning into something that superficially reads close to some kind of "Whut? So I have to boink *that kind of people* now to prove I've not a monster? What is liberalism turning into?" meta-debate without any apparent regard as to how that may make "that kind of people" feel.

The worst comments you & I have to fear regarding our fuckability are stupid listicles about 'being too old for cargoshorts' (Ha! HA! I SAY!) or slightly embarrassing articles a la "Dadbod - Hot or Not?". The attempted suicide rate amongst *trans people is at 41% last I checked - the US Department of Defence starts freaking out when the respective rate goes over 5% 23.8 per 100,000 soldiers for combat vets. Just being *trans is infinitely more dangerous than participating in the Battle of the Somme.

We can't apply here the yardstick we're used to is what I'm trying to say.

Not that I'm even remotely close to any approximation of expertise, or have been authorized by the resident *trans community to speak for them, but that'd disappoint me a widdly bit, too. Doesn't take anything away from your argument, which I'm sure is appreciated in the spirit it was offered.

(My *entire pocketload of ill-fitting smallchange*)

Edit: Superficial attempts at restoring legibility and coherence of thought ...
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2017, 04:01 by Case »
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning

wlewisiii

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #212 on: 23 Jun 2017, 03:38 »

This conversation, along with the strip the other day regarding How her mind works, shows that really Brun and Clinton have a better chance of working as a pair than the alternative of Brin & Elliot.  It's also interesting how they're carefully looking for common ground.  Like the other couple this week (that I am NOT going to go in depth on) it feels real to me and both my life experience as well​ as that of others I have know.
Emily is the Avatar.

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #213 on: 23 Jun 2017, 04:19 »

Joe, I think the point is less about your support, which I'm sure is appreciated, than about the hurt of seeing that a meta-discussion about the permissibility of public debate of your group's fuckability is not only allowed, but that it (maybe out of misguided reaction to recent developments by otherwise totally decent people, maybe due to WhatTheFuckDoIknow) is turning into something that superficially reads close to some kind of "Whut? So I have to boink *that kind of people* now to prove I've not a monster? What is liberalism turning into?" meta-debate without any apparent regard as to how that may make "that kind of people" feel.

The worst comments you & I have to fear regarding our fuckability are stupid listicles about 'being too old for cargoshorts' (Ha! HA! I SAY!) or slightly embarrassing articles a la "Dadbod - Hot or Not?". The attempted suicide rate amongst *trans people is at 41% last I checked - the US Department of Defence starts freaking out when the respective rate goes over 5% 23.8 per 100,000 soldiers for combat vets. Just being *trans is infinitely more dangerous than participating in the Battle of the Somme.

We can't apply here the yardstick we're used to is what I'm trying to say.

Not that I'm even remotely close to any approximation of expertise, or have been authorized by the resident *trans community to speak for them, but that'd disappoint me a widdly bit, too. Doesn't take anything away from your argument, which I'm sure is appreciated in the spirit it was offered.

(My *entire pocketload of ill-fitting smallchange*)

Edit: Superficial attempts at restoring legibility and coherence of thought ...

Yup. I Get it. Totally. Utterly.

But, (had to be one, huh? :) ) all I was talking about was I see the apparent "ranting-at-people-showing-support-for-DARING-to-show-support",  all the time.

And I suppose all I'm trying to point out that such misplaced anger does a lot more harm to whatever cause said support is being shown for.
(Cos it takes a big person to constantly see themselves being hauled over the coals in that way to NOT say "Fine, I just won't bother then!")

There's a whole massive debate to be had regarding such things and the dynamics of those kinds of 'discussion', but I doubt this thread is the place for it and, in a similar vein to "us white dudes" trying to discuss racism and the minefield that can be, so straight people find the same sorts of artillery lying in wait if they try to discuss of this nature.

(Even writing such a thing as the above can see responses of "Awh are you all butthurt 'cos you're being treated unfairly? WELCOME TO OUR WORLD!" Which... frankly, are so beyond ironic they are baffling to me... To really try and put across the way the dynamics of these discussions work (or don't) would go on for many many pages...)

I guess it's the fact that it's generally what would be classed as *friendly fire*... throwing bullets at someone who is on your side that I just cannot understand. Yes, it may be because I'm looking at it from a purely logical POV, and I'm not the one who has had to live my life putting up with the 'you are lesser than us' status foisted up others by idiots and bigots... But I can't understand those reaction to people trying to help.
Covenant

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #214 on: 23 Jun 2017, 04:25 »

There's a whole massive debate to be had regarding such things and the dynamics of those kinds of 'discussion', but I doubt this thread is the place for it and, in a similar vein to "us white dudes" trying to discuss racism and the minefield that can be, so straight people find the same sorts of artillery lying in wait if they try to discuss of this nature.

FWIW, we're trying to have exactly that debate over in DISCUSS - spread out over several threads, actually, mostly the "Callout Culture"-thread. Yeah, tends to be ... delicate, but I feel everybody is bringing their A-game so far.

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #215 on: 23 Jun 2017, 04:33 »

FWIW, we're trying to have exactly that debate over in DISCUSS - spread out over several threads, actually, mostly the "Callout Culture"-thread. Yeah, tends to be ... delicate, but I feel everybody is bringing their A-game so far.

Noted.

I'll shut up in this one! :)
Covenant

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #216 on: 23 Jun 2017, 05:06 »

I'm all for this civil discussion, but I'm trying to catch up on the comic discussion in the comic discussion thread. Could this conversation be moved to a relevant thread? And no, it's not relevant to the comic right now, because in no way has Claire's identity been a focal point or even mentioned in the past five strips, so as tangential as it may be, I'd argue that this isn't really the thread for it? Just my pair 'o pennies worth.
I second the motion.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

A Duck

• Curry sauce
« Reply #217 on: 23 Jun 2017, 05:17 »

I like Brun. I hope we keep her after this whole Clinton crush thing is done.

And Clinton continues to prove he's the second coming of early Marten.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #218 on: 23 Jun 2017, 05:21 »

Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

flondrix

• Curry sauce
« Reply #219 on: 23 Jun 2017, 06:48 »

Indeed, I find my self skipping over most of the thread now.  I feel like the thread has been hijacked.

Case

• comeback tour!

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #221 on: 23 Jun 2017, 07:24 »

Just because he rejects it doesn't mean it's not welcome. 

This is just too coincidental because just earlier I had a dispute over my sister's analysis of my romantic affairs.  At least Clinton handled it better than me. 

TheEvilDog

« Reply #222 on: 23 Jun 2017, 08:23 »

I see it less as Clinton rejecting Brun's advice to talk to his sister and more the idea that Claire is always foisting her advice on Clinton. Its one thing to go looking for advice, another when someone is constantly advising you on how to live your life. There's certainly no doubt that Clinton loves his sister, but the Augustus habit of butting in can be a bit much. And let's not forget that the last time Clinton tried to talk to Claire about romantic advice she put him and Emily in a rather humiliating position. So I imagine that Clinton doesn't want to go through that again.

starkruzr

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #223 on: 23 Jun 2017, 12:12 »

Jeph already knows about the "wth" typo in panel 2, right?

War Sparrow

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #224 on: 23 Jun 2017, 15:17 »

What is even that dog? It is so small compared to the cat!

Oh Brun. You are so blunt and delightful.

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #225 on: 23 Jun 2017, 16:43 »

Saxonian Sacrificial Lambherd - not to be trifled with.

It can jump at your throat and .... give you a vicious face-lickin'. Given a suitable ramp and sufficient run-up.

All true *nods sagely*
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2017, 17:06 by Case »

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #226 on: 23 Jun 2017, 17:00 »

You make of advice, good or bad, what you will.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #227 on: 23 Jun 2017, 17:37 »

It can jump at your throat and .... give you a vicious face-lickin'. Given a suitable ramp and sufficient run-up.

All true *nods sagely*

"Look, that dog's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!"

TheEvilDog

« Reply #228 on: 23 Jun 2017, 17:47 »

All true *nods sagely*

"I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little puppy, isn't it? "

War Sparrow

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #229 on: 23 Jun 2017, 18:13 »

"Maybe next time someone chews your shoes, you won't be so quick to lay the blame on me."

NemesisDancer

• Larger than most fish
  • :3
« Reply #230 on: 24 Jun 2017, 06:11 »

Regarding the earlier discussion about people misspelling Marten's name, I saw a sign earlier today for "Martin and Claire's Wedding" and momentarily thought, "I'm sure I know a couple with those names.." before realising I was actually thinking of Marten and Claire :P

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #231 on: 24 Jun 2017, 06:54 »

All true *nods sagely*

"I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little puppy, isn't it? "

"'It's all going to end in tears' is what I said, 'In Tears!', yessiree, but who ever listens to 'lil old me? Not you, that's for certain ... I don't know why I'm putting up with this ..."
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2017, 10:20 by Case »

WareWolf

• Makin' This Up As I Go
« Reply #232 on: 24 Jun 2017, 13:14 »

Dating Brun would be exhausting.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #233 on: 24 Jun 2017, 13:17 »

It might be worth the effort though.
~~~~

wlewisiii

« Reply #234 on: 24 Jun 2017, 20:42 »

Given the person Jeph  has shown so far, I believe so. Not to say it wouldn't​ be exhausting, just that it would be worth it in the end.
Emily is the Avatar.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #235 on: 24 Jun 2017, 22:16 »

"Maybe next time someone chews your shoes, you won't be so quick to lay the blame on me."

Roy Rogers had that problem, a feline attack on his footwear. A friend famously sang to him
"I say pardon me Roy, is that the cat who chewed your new shoes?"
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #236 on: 25 Jun 2017, 02:45 »

That'd depend entirely on the personality and general disposition of the person dating her.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #237 on: 25 Jun 2017, 15:46 »

That'd depend entirely on the personality and general disposition of the person dating her.
And on whether you're using radiocarbon dating or just counting her rings...

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -
« Reply #238 on: 26 Jun 2017, 01:18 »

Given the person Jeph  has shown so far, I believe so. Not to say it wouldn't​ be exhausting, just that it would be worth it in the end.

Remember - Brun and Clinton were put to the test together. During a sudden fire, they got everyone out, regardless of their state of intoxication.

That takes courage, intelligence, wit, will and wisdom. I have a lot of time for them both, as individuals and as a team.
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #239 on: 26 Jun 2017, 06:34 »

That kind of practical ability to trust someone in a tight situation is more relevant to a marriage than it is to dating.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up