THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 21:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Just what is Claire's strange little curio?

It's nothing except proof that you can get a sufficiently compulsive personality to buy anything
A 'funny' novelty motorised toy with lowbrow toilet humour
The QC universe's version of the Tesseract
A genie's trap; what would be Pintsize's three wishes anyway?
Something out of the factory's 'defective' bin
A device for summoning Spookybot
Corpse Witch's backup drive is hidden within; Bubbles last hope!
A Chekhov's Gun for a story with genetic engineering, a lost city on the moon and freaky glowing-eyed girls
It has an audio chip hidden in it: "My name is Charles Augustus and, if you are hearing this, I am dead."
Veronica knows what it does and I don't think Claire will ever be able to touch it again!
Other (Please specify in your comment)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3536 to 3540 (31st July to 4th August 2017)  (Read 53388 times)

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
Re: WCDT Strips 3536 to 3540 (31st July to 4th August 2017)
« Reply #50 on: 31 Jul 2017, 16:19 »

That said, I wonder if Claire will try to dissuade Renee from this, considering what happened the last time Claire tried to play matchmaker and it blew up in her face.
Did it? I think he gained a good bit of confidence from his experience with Emily, even if she wasn't ultimately interested in dating.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

TheEvilDog

« Reply #51 on: 31 Jul 2017, 16:21 »

That said, I wonder if Claire will try to dissuade Renee from this, considering what happened the last time Claire tried to play matchmaker and it blew up in her face.
Did it? I think he gained a good bit of confidence from his experience with Emily, even if she wasn't ultimately interested in dating.

From the perspective that Claire put two people in a very awkward position and then got chewed out by her brother for doing so and called out for trying to control his life, I would say it did blow up in her face. The Augustus siblings might be close, but no one wants their sister pulling that kind of crap on them.

SmilingCat

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • You is friend or food?
« Reply #52 on: 31 Jul 2017, 16:31 »

I've been relating to Marten for a long time now, and actually appreciate him as an example...of, well, bi I'm not so certain is quite the right term. Like someone said before, bisexual males are REALLY rare, and are usually portrayed as more pansexual than bisexual (I'm looking at you Dorian Grey of Penny Dreadful, you horny asshole). So I had a big problem with identifying as bisexual, since I felt like that was an image that confused and kinda scared me.

Ever since I spent a lot more time with a larger variety of personality types, I've accepted that I'm less gay so much as very attracted to personality and physical attributes that are 'traditionally' associated with masculinity; Short hair, muscles, jocular personality, aggressive confidence (Not always a good thing, but attractive none-the-less) etc etc, stuff that my younger self very much associated with men. As I've gotten older, I've realized that these are all attractive features a woman can have, and that if it came down to it, that's all I really care about in a partner. At this point I could probably easily have a relationship with either sex/gender, as long as I felt those personality traits and identifiers were there. In the last few years Claire has also made me realize that yeah, I could fall in love with a transgender, and very happy with him.

So Martin is kinda on the flipside of my own tastes: He has no problem with the anatomy, so much as what the identification is. Claire identifies as female, and that's what makes her attractive to Marten, as opposed to a gay/bi guy that at the end of the day still identifies as the guy, and whatever spectrum of masculinity he might be placed on.

Of course having just been sandwiched by two different sexes at a dance club in this recent week has definetly further changed my openness to experimentation.

I have no personal frame of reference to work from, but increasingly it appears that any system that attempts to codify sexuality into a discrete set of terms with simple descriptors is doomed to be insufficient.

ChipNoir

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #53 on: 31 Jul 2017, 16:39 »

It always seemed to me that May was possibly bi? Maybe I'm off. She doesn't strike me as asexual in the slightest.

Clinton is straight, I'm pretty sure, which is going to cause a very awkward situation for Elliot if Renee doesn't keep her mouth shut. Never heard anything about Renee being bi. Weird that I didn't notice and I've read this comic for six years.

The way Renee treated Brun earlier gave me a strong impression of someone that is in love with someone, and thinks if they smother them in affection, they'll almost submit to it, and that' a kinda toxic behavior I hate. Thankfully that's eased off a bit.

But yeah, I think Elliot is gonna stop Renee in her tracks, and leave it at that.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #54 on: 31 Jul 2017, 16:44 »

Never heard anything about Renee being bi. Weird that I didn't notice and I've read this comic for six years.
I mean Renee's only been a recurring character fairly recently, and we only know she's bi because of that one Tinder comic.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

TheEvilDog

« Reply #55 on: 31 Jul 2017, 16:49 »

It always seemed to me that May was possibly bi? Maybe I'm off. She doesn't strike me as asexual in the slightest.

Clinton is straight, I'm pretty sure, which is going to cause a very awkward situation for Elliot if Renee doesn't keep her mouth shut. Never heard anything about Renee being bi. Weird that I didn't notice and I've read this comic for six years.

The way Renee treated Brun earlier gave me a strong impression of someone that is in love with someone, and thinks if they smother them in affection, they'll almost submit to it, and that' a kinda toxic behavior I hate. Thankfully that's eased off a bit.

I don't think its love in that respect, perhaps more love in the sense that you love a friend or a younger sibling. Its obvious that Brun is neuro-atypical and it seems that Renee, as her friend, has taken upon herself to serve as a caretaker. Hence why she interrogated and threatened Clinton over the phone and forced her to search for a new job.

The problem there was that, and I'm only guessing at this, Brun has a highly regimented life. Losing her apartment, her stuff and her job in one action threw her life out the window. If Renee has known Brun long enough, she's probably aware that Brun's life is regimented and tried to reinforce that, but to her own schedule, rather than Brun's.

Never heard anything about Renee being bi. Weird that I didn't notice and I've read this comic for six years.
I mean Renee's only been a recurring character fairly recently, and we only know she's bi because of that one Tinder comic.

Bear in mind as well that the punchline for that particular comic was Brun suggesting that Pintsize was a good person to date. So I would take any sexual preference inferred from that comic with a pinch of salt.

ChipNoir

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #56 on: 31 Jul 2017, 16:51 »

Like I said, I read it as something only for the first initial few comics, and then realizes it was just good intentions executed terrible, which is kind of just a QC staple.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #57 on: 31 Jul 2017, 19:07 »

New Comic Up!

OK, that was funny. Especially the last two panels.   :-D :lol:

ChipNoir

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #58 on: 31 Jul 2017, 19:10 »

Phew. Drama averted. I know the shippers all skyrocketed, but I really just wanna watch Brun and Clinton fumble their way either towards romance, or just friendship. Among the cast, these two need the most maturity and development right now. I think throwing in a love triangle or even a complicated polly trinity would cause a lot more complication than the events need right now, especially with there already being tension around Bubbles and Fay.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #59 on: 31 Jul 2017, 20:10 »

Renee is a good friend after all.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #60 on: 31 Jul 2017, 20:25 »

I've never seen the appeal of public bathroom sex. 

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #61 on: 31 Jul 2017, 20:45 »

Nor have I, as you can get arrested.

Or in this case, chucked out by Elliot....  :-D

fayelovesbubbles

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #62 on: 31 Jul 2017, 21:07 »

But yeah, I think Elliot is gonna stop Renee in her tracks, and leave it at that.

I never got anything but "platonic best friend" from Renee's protective behavior. Almost like a big sister. She's not in love with Brun. I don't think I've seen any evidence that she's into women...?
...and Bubbles loves Faye.

fayelovesbubbles

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #63 on: 31 Jul 2017, 21:09 »

Oh, right, the Tinder comic. Weird. I forgot all about that, and it didn't even occur to me, but yes, she would only see women on Tinder if she was open to dating women. Thank you for noticing small details I don't.
...and Bubbles loves Faye.

ChipNoir

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #64 on: 31 Jul 2017, 22:03 »

Eh, it'd be 15 seconds in his arms I wouldn't get otherwise. Worth it.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #65 on: 31 Jul 2017, 22:09 »

Renee is a good friend after all.

Quite right, Mister Madness.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Toast

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #66 on: 31 Jul 2017, 22:33 »

Marten called it waaaay back in comic 1816:
"Seriously! How can a dude your size be so stealthy?!"

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #67 on: 31 Jul 2017, 22:58 »

In my experience it's the thrill/risk that inspires and heightens the experience.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #68 on: 31 Jul 2017, 23:10 »

What I'm getting from panel 4 is that Renee is only interested in casual hook-ups right now. However, to me, this exposes something fundamentally flawed in modern adult relationships: Relationship =/= sex. It is also all the other things. It's the friendship, the trust and the bond that exists between the involved parties. If Renee is attracted to Elliott, it's not just physical. After all, she's been flirting with him subconsciously for years before she asked him to take off his shirt.

As for panel 3, well Elliott doesn't know it but he's put his finger right on the sore. Renee isn't happy. She's found a coping strategy to scratch her itches that makes her content but happy? That's a completely different kettle of fish and I'm worried right now that she's going to take on the Elliot/Clinton project as a surrogate to avoid having to confront that problem in herself.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Gyrre

« Reply #69 on: 31 Jul 2017, 23:43 »

So even if you did count them all, the representation is potentially much higher. Among cast members who are actually Serious Characters, the representation is even higher (though it did sorely need more queer guys which so I love this development too).

I didn't count all of them, I extrapolated.
(21x3x3)+(16x3)-(5x3+1)=221
There were 3 screens with 21 rows and 3 columns, with 1 screen of 16 rows and 3 columns. Subtract from that roughly 5 non-character or non-QC character (Bembo, Yellingbird, turkeys, etc) pages with one non-character page link in the final screen.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Gyrre

« Reply #70 on: 31 Jul 2017, 23:48 »

I don't think Clinton is into guys...is he? even if he is, his main focus right now is surely Brun.

I can't help thinking they'd be a strange couple if they did get together. Yet, there hasn't been a gay male couple in this comic other than Marten's dad and stepdad...I think...
As I understand it, if both parties are bi, it's still a bi-sexual relationship. Even if it's m/m.

EDIT: Speaking as a straight male, I'm admittedly somewhat ignorant on the matter. But, I do know that their is some ... er ... disagreement on the matter within the LGBTQ community.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico
« Reply #71 on: 01 Aug 2017, 00:05 »

Nobody is EVER bisexual in fiction. OK, women occasionally are, but men are virtually NEVER anything but straight or gay. The only characters that are the exception to this almost universal rule seem to be characters of the "I'll screw anything that moves" variety, often villains.

John Constantine from the Hellblazer comics is the only one I can think of (and specifically his is treated as literally no big deal, which I appreciate). But yeah, bisexual men are by far the least represented in fiction of the LGBT groups. (Well, trans men actually are probably #1, I can't think of a single one, then bi men, then trans women).

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #72 on: 01 Aug 2017, 00:29 »

I've been relating to Marten for a long time now, and actually appreciate him as an example...of, well, bi I'm not so certain is quite the right term. Like someone said before, bisexual males are REALLY rare, and are usually portrayed as more pansexual than bisexual (I'm looking at you Dorian Grey of Penny Dreadful, you horny asshole). So I had a big problem with identifying as bisexual, since I felt like that was an image that confused and kinda scared me.

Ever since I spent a lot more time with a larger variety of personality types, I've accepted that I'm less gay so much as very attracted to personality and physical attributes that are 'traditionally' associated with masculinity; Short hair, muscles, jocular personality, aggressive confidence (Not always a good thing, but attractive none-the-less) etc etc, stuff that my younger self very much associated with men. As I've gotten older, I've realized that these are all attractive features a woman can have, and that if it came down to it, that's all I really care about in a partner. At this point I could probably easily have a relationship with either sex/gender, as long as I felt those personality traits and identifiers were there. In the last few years Claire has also made me realize that yeah, I could fall in love with a transgender, and very happy with him.

So Martin is kinda on the flipside of my own tastes: He has no problem with the anatomy, so much as what the identification is. Claire identifies as female, and that's what makes her attractive to Marten, as opposed to a gay/bi guy that at the end of the day still identifies as the guy, and whatever spectrum of masculinity he might be placed on.

Of course having just been sandwiched by two different sexes at a dance club in this recent week has definetly further changed my openness to experimentation.

I have no personal frame of reference to work from, but increasingly it appears that any system that attempts to codify sexuality into a discrete set of terms with simple descriptors is doomed to be insufficient.

holy shit
guys
people are complicated!

Tub

• Plantmonster
« Reply #73 on: 01 Aug 2017, 02:56 »

As I understand it, if both parties are bi, it's still a bi-sexual relationship. Even if it's m/m.
I think the proper term is "they're in a relationship". Unless it's an open relationship, it doesn't (shouldn't) matter who else they might be attracted to. IMHO adding that information shows a lack of faith in the relationship.

Gyrre

« Reply #74 on: 01 Aug 2017, 06:59 »

For me it's more from both being a former germaphobe and having had to clean public restrooms as part of a few retail jobs.

*shudders in disgust*

EDIT: death to autocorrect!
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2017, 07:10 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword

flondrix

• Curry sauce
« Reply #75 on: 01 Aug 2017, 07:06 »

Isn't Marten potentially Bi? I seem to recall him having a conversation with Tai about being able to see himself with another man, though the urge to high five during sex would be overwhelming.

That sounds more like a setup to a punchline.  Don't make more of it than it is.

Gyrre

« Reply #76 on: 01 Aug 2017, 07:08 »

I think the proper term is "they're in a relationship". Unless it's an open relationship, it doesn't (shouldn't) matter who else they might be attracted to. IMHO adding that information shows a lack of faith in the relationship.
Right.

I know the point of contention is mainly in calling a bisexual couple's relationship 'gay' or 'straight', as some take that to be bisexual erasure.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Undrneath

« Reply #77 on: 01 Aug 2017, 07:16 »

I would say most men in fiction that are considered bi are more like pansexual.
__________oO0___(_O_  _O_)___0Oo_____________
                                     U
                                   Kilroy wuz here

Rincewind

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Luck's my middle name-mind you,my first name's Bad
« Reply #78 on: 01 Aug 2017, 07:46 »

Or, in the case of Capt. Jack Harkness, omnisexual.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.

flondrix

• Curry sauce
« Reply #79 on: 01 Aug 2017, 07:47 »

FWIW, amongst the current recurring cast, we have the following alignments of which I am aware:

Marten - Mostly hetro but with some gay leanings;
Claire - Mostly hetro but a little ambiguous (she once said something that has a reasonable interpretation of her finding Dora attractive);
Faye - Hetro;
Pintsize - Pansexual (I'm expecting some flak about this but he seems equally attracted to both human and robot and to both expressed genders; however, this is Pintsize; it's difficult to know what is real and what is an elaborate prank);
Dora - Bi and seems to be pretty much balanced on the mid-point of the scale;
Hannelore - Hetroromantic but, by effect of her mental health issues, probably asexual in any meaningful practical terms;
Tai - Lesbian but she loves to tease;
Steve - Very, very hetro;
Bubbles - Definitely seems to be anthrosexual (attracted to humans) lesbian;
Momo - Anthrosexual hetro;
May - Mostly asexual beyond a basically aromantic interest in certain aspects of human reproductive and waste evacuation anatomy;
Brun - Definitely seems hetro;
Renee - Hetro;
Elliott - Just revealed to be somewhere in the bi spectrum;
Jim - Hetro;
Veronica - Hetro (irrespective of what she may have done over the years in a professional capacity).

So, of these sixteen characters, nine are hetrosexual or as close to it as really makes no odds. We only have two homosexuals (Tai and evidently Bubbles) and everyone else is some flavour of bisexual with the exception of Pintsize (who is difficult to read accurately because of his sense of humour)* and May (who has shown only prurient interest in others sexuality and has shown no real interest in being involved herself).

* - Note on Pintsize; his only actual known sexual encounters have been with fellow synthetics. It's possible that he is mildly-bi with no anthrosexual leanings beyond a near-demonic joy in yanking his human friends' chains.

First of all I wanted to point out that many straight women evaluate the attractiveness of other women all the time.  Given the vicious pecking order that so often exists among women WRT physical attractiveness, it is kind of unavoidable.  In Claire's case, since Dora is Marten's ex, her attractiveness is something that could be a potential source of anxiety or self-doubt from time to time.

In the case of Bubbles, it is entirely possible that she could have a crush on Faye specifically.  Consider the possibility that the differences between AI and human are greater than the differences between male and female.  Especially for a less socialized, less human-identified AI like Bubbles, the issue may be less "how can I be in love with a man/woman?" and more "how can I be in love with a biologic?"

Momo, on the other hand, is highly socialized and human identified--that almost seems to be her primary function, to the extent that AIs have programming, and her awkward blushing reaction to bishonen cuties is part of her "proper young lady" persona.  She was caught making out with a Magical Love Gentleman doll that Marigold won at an anime convention, so I think her attraction is not limited to humans per se, though it is very specifically targeted in terms of appearance.

I don't think Brun relates to humans well enough for the usual metrics to apply.  She seems to be ignorant of all the basic human conventions.  I am reminded of the character Dina in Dumbing of Age whose initial reaction to couples having sex was "Mammals are weird."  She later decided to become Becky's girlfriend despite no prior indication of attraction in that direction, and I cannot help but wonder if it is literally an experiment, an attempt to find out why this "sex" thing is such a big deal.

flondrix

• Curry sauce
« Reply #80 on: 01 Aug 2017, 08:13 »

The appeal is sex.  Some people are really into it.  They've just found someone they want to have sex with who feels the same way, they gotta find a place to do it before other things intervene, beggars can't be choosers.  I have heard that there are some edgier clubs that have rooms for just that purpose, but your typical college town bar doesn't.

Emperor Norton

« Reply #81 on: 01 Aug 2017, 08:15 »

Also, on the subject of high representation compared to the average of the population: I'm not sure if you've ever noticed but LGBT people tend to congregate together. Yes, LGBT people make up a smaller percentage than cis-straight people, but seriously I have friends I refer to as my token straight friends.

flondrix

• Curry sauce
« Reply #83 on: 01 Aug 2017, 08:21 »

Hence the convenience (linguistically, anyway) of terms like "same sex relationship."

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #84 on: 01 Aug 2017, 09:45 »

Also, on the subject of high representation compared to the average of the population: I'm not sure if you've ever noticed but LGBT people tend to congregate together. Yes, LGBT people make up a smaller percentage than cis-straight people, but seriously I have friends I refer to as my token straight friends.

The above is no doubt true.
But these people haven't congregated due to their sexuality / gender.

I have to agree with the OP who suggested that it's a bit skewed when placed against 'societal norms' (certainly when looking at  the main cast.)
(Another reason I'm wondering if Willis is ghost writing this at the moment!)  :)
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #85 on: 01 Aug 2017, 10:13 »

Which Charles Augustine are you referring to? The dead first husband of the Republican Senator?

Claire's dead father... Whose death turns out to be plot significant.

Isn't Claire's last name Augustus?

Emperor Norton

« Reply #86 on: 01 Aug 2017, 10:56 »

The above is no doubt true.
But these people haven't congregated due to their sexuality / gender.

Neither have I. Some people I met through friends of friends, some people I met through my wife's classmates when she went to college (we are both bi), some I met through board gaming, some I met through work, some I've known since grade school, some I met through other hobbies. It just happened, and it isn't that odd of a thing.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #87 on: 01 Aug 2017, 14:03 »

Marten called it waaaay back in comic 1816:
"Seriously! How can a dude your size be so stealthy?!"

Care to explain this a little more explicitly to us?

Isn't Marten potentially Bi? I seem to recall him having a conversation with Tai about being able to see himself with another man, though the urge to high five during sex would be overwhelming.

That sounds more like a setup to a punchline.  Don't make more of it than it is.

Speaking as someone who 'London Bridged' just the other day... I wouldn't be so sure.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #88 on: 01 Aug 2017, 14:49 »

Gee, I wonder what Winslow is up to...
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Tub

• Plantmonster
« Reply #89 on: 01 Aug 2017, 15:17 »

Eating cereal with Steve.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #90 on: 01 Aug 2017, 18:15 »

Soooo

Renee and Elliott

The new Faye and Marten??
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #91 on: 01 Aug 2017, 18:28 »

I don't really see it. Which one is which?
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

comicalArchitect

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #92 on: 01 Aug 2017, 19:08 »

Are you a Patreon patron?

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #93 on: 01 Aug 2017, 19:25 »

For comic #3538...

Oooh...  Winslow (re-)joining the humanoid chassis ranks?  The shopping alone should be entertaining. :)

And, oh my gosh, has it really been that long (2007!) [http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1012] since then...?

« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2020, 22:03 by pendrake »

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #94 on: 01 Aug 2017, 19:33 »

d'awww, Winslow.

(also, happiness is a clean Hanners.)

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #95 on: 01 Aug 2017, 19:39 »

Eeee!! I forget how much I love Winslow then they turn up and I'm so happy!

SmilingCat

• You is friend or food?
« Reply #96 on: 01 Aug 2017, 19:53 »

The question is, will Pintsize follow the trend?

And will him gaining opposable thumbs bring about the end times?

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #97 on: 01 Aug 2017, 19:56 »

But Pintsize already tried thumbs and it was most disturbing though a bit of a letdown for him.
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

SmilingCat

• You is friend or food?
« Reply #98 on: 01 Aug 2017, 20:00 »

But Pintsize already tried thumbs and it was most disturbing though a bit of a letdown for him.

But those weren't fully functional, and this time he'll have an oversized robo-wang to go with them.

Though plot twist, fully functional Robo Wang Pintsize might actually prove the savior of mankind in one year when he prevents Hannelore from releasing the virus.
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2017, 20:10 by SmilingCat »

lawoot

• Plantmonster
« Reply #99 on: 01 Aug 2017, 20:08 »

Have to wonder if the timing of this strip has anything to do with Apple's announcement that they're discontinuing the iPod nano and the shuffle...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up