THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 20:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which other A.I.s that we've already met do you think Winslow will run into while volunteering?

Arthur
Bubbles
Charlotte
Iris
Leda
May (as a fellow volunteer)(awkwardness ensues)
Melon
Pintsize
PT410X
Punchbot
Spookybot in an ingenious/terrible disguise
Station
Toastbot
one of Pintsize's friends who have the same sort of chassis
Gordon
some other character I forgot (please name them)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3551 to 3555 (21st to 25th August 2017)  (Read 55214 times)

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung
Re: WCDT Strips 3551 to 3555 (21st to 25th August 2017)
« Reply #300 on: 27 Aug 2017, 00:48 »

This sounds like a reference to something, but I have no idea what. Could you please explain?

Ever tried Soylent Greens?

Ah, okay. I've heard about the movie but never seen it, so I didn't recognize the summary. Thanks!

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #301 on: 27 Aug 2017, 14:29 »

Re the Silent Green remark: If I remember correctly, one segment of Cloud Atlas - the Son-Mi story - used a similar device, but in an even grimmer world.

The attitude of AI towards corpses need not be problematic, especially in a universe, like QC, where we have a benevolent Singularity. Especially since at the moment we don't have any indication that they have a use for actual human bodies. Now, if e had an indifferent, or down right evil class of AI, with a use for the humans, that would be different.
Think of the Matrix, though the originally intended use of human beings as distributed processors makes more sense than as batteries.

I do wonder, though, how AI's attitude towards bodies and chassis influences any potential religious movement that might emerge among them.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #302 on: 27 Aug 2017, 21:01 »

So much human religion centers around our mortality. The synthetics will come up with something very different.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up