...no?
Yes
No
NO!
maybe
space ham
I refuse to answer questions of morality

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3971-3975 (April 1st-5th)  (Read 31448 times)

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
Re: WCDT Strips 3971-3975 (April 1st-5th)
« Reply #150 on: 05 Apr 2019, 10:05 »

Do you not accept it? You relaying of the information seems pretty matter of fact.

Also as someone who is going bald and has been since 19, I envy those who have grey hair as the primary concern.

Actually, I don't really care. I try to not care about things I can't change, and it really worked in that case.

But grey hair is something you can change, after a fashion. That's what the various brands of hair dye are for, after all; so you don't have to just accept your natural hair color.

As for Marten, I'd say to him, "take note of where the Just For Men is sold, son. You'll be using it in a few more years."

The Vanguard - superhero space opera

OldGoat

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #151 on: 05 Apr 2019, 12:40 »

Do you not accept it? You relaying of the information seems pretty matter of fact.

Also as someone who is going bald and has been since 19, I envy those who have grey hair as the primary concern.

Actually, I don't really care. I try to not care about things I can't change, and it really worked in that case.

But grey hair is something you can change, after a fashion. That's what the various brands of hair dye are for, after all; so you don't have to just accept your natural hair color.

As for Marten, I'd say to him, "take note of where the Just For Men is sold, son. You'll be using it in a few more years."
Ignore him, Marty.  It's best just to let Mother Nature have her way with you.  (No matter what you do She's going to win.)

OldGoat

theMarc

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Oh God, it's all over my body.
« Reply #153 on: 05 Apr 2019, 12:52 »

I like to imagine that today's comic came about because Jeph needed to make the lone hair lighter in panel 2 so it'd be visible against the blackboard, and became inspired from there.
Be kind and generous to all people, even imaginary people who only exist in a webcomic, because that’s good practice for the real world.

cybersmurf

« Reply #154 on: 05 Apr 2019, 15:11 »

it's a battle of "OHMYGOD I'M TOO YOUNG FOR THIS" and "does it bother me enough to overcome my lazyness?"
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #155 on: 05 Apr 2019, 16:40 »

Marten's gray hairs were "causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing". That's from the definition of the word "amazing".

Perhaps his friends could gather and serenade him with "Amazing Grays".
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #156 on: 05 Apr 2019, 17:00 »

If my white were in the form of a "skunk stripe" I would ROCK THAT SHIT OUT. I used to get silver-colored hair spray specifically to put such a stripe in my hair.

It's very much like the one Veronica has in comic (and about the same length).  But living in a University town, I kinda want to dye it just so I can knock 10 years or so off of my apparent age
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

OldGoat

« Reply #157 on: 05 Apr 2019, 17:16 »

:-o what? If my white were in the form of a "skunk stripe" I would ROCK THAT SHIT OUT. I used to get silver-colored hair spray specifically to put such a stripe in my hair.
Marten may have a genetic predisposition to poliosis inherited from Veronica.  Or more likely he's just getting old.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #158 on: 05 Apr 2019, 17:45 »

I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that few people, if anyone, has grey hair as their primary concern. And for those who do profess concern about their grey hair -- well, it's probably not the greys per se that they're concerned about, is it?
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #159 on: 05 Apr 2019, 19:29 »

My hair isn't graying.

My mustache, however...
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

cybersmurf

« Reply #160 on: 05 Apr 2019, 19:55 »

My hair isn't graying.

My mustache, however...

Beards gray independently. there's a lot of people who have either gray beards or gray hair, while the other isn't.

For a reason or two I always thought my beard would gray before my hair would, but apparently I was wrong.

Also, quite often, the goatee area has a slightly different hue than the rest. Friend of mine has a  somewhat reddish hue in the sideburns, turning "normal" hair color towards the front, with a slightly brighter hue at the goatee area.
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #161 on: 05 Apr 2019, 22:05 »

No grey yet, but I hope I grey with the confidence of Lee Lin Chin:
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Rincewind

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Luck's my middle name-mind you,my first name's Bad
« Reply #162 on: 05 Apr 2019, 22:06 »

I had a full beard and mustache at 14, and at 15 the goatee area and several stripes in my hair went grey.  One plus side was that I was rarely asked for ID when buying beer.  In my case it seems to be linked to my vitalago (skin condition where some skin cells "forget" how to make pigment). I noticed that spots that had stopped tanning had hairs that were white.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.
« Reply #163 on: 06 Apr 2019, 17:02 »

Meh, got my first grey hair at 19 - knew it was coming, Dad was almost white at 40, Mum had black hair with a thin streak of white at the temple back in my first memories of her...
But You know what annoys me? Hair gradually becoming grey - but my eyebrows - my ludicrously thick eyebrows - won't follow suit and  stubbornly remain totally black. Silly look, imo.
"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up