Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 22 May 2019, 20:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars 9  (Read 316 times)

LeeC

• coprophage
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Star Wars 9
« on: 12 Apr 2019, 10:40 »

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LeeC

• coprophage
Re: Star Wars 9
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2019, 06:03 »

Here's something from the trailer (bottom) that someone on twitter noticed from Rey's vision from TLJ (top). I thought it was an A-wing when I watched the trailer, but the ships seem identical.
(click to show/hide)
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Tova

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2019, 22:36 »

That image isn't loading.

Think I've seen that pointed out elsewhere, though.
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." - Sir Joshua Reynolds (paraphrased)

MarigoldSkye

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2019, 17:50 »

So the title has me curious and speculating.

(click to show/hide)

LeeC

• coprophage
« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2019, 19:46 »

@MarigoldSkye

(click to show/hide)

MarigoldSkye

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2019, 20:29 »

@ LeeC.

That's an interesting possibility.  Hadn't  thought of that.

JoeCovenant

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #6 on: 30 Apr 2019, 02:23 »

@MarigoldSkye

(click to show/hide)

That...
Would be awful.

So it'll probably happen.
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

Tova

« Reply #7 on: 30 Apr 2019, 02:47 »

Are you two planning on seeing it, then?
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." - Sir Joshua Reynolds (paraphrased)

BenRG

• Preventing third impact
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #8 on: 30 Apr 2019, 02:54 »

I, for one, am not planning to make a final decision until I've read reviews from on-line pundits (both pro- and anti-sequel trilogy) whose relative level of sanity I respect and whom I am confident lack any incentive to distort things positively or negatively. Once I have done that, if I see it, it will be in its second weekend of release.

I probably won't be taking Rotten Tomatoes' aggregate scores into consideration as I am satisfied that they use every means to manipulate their scores should there be an incentive to do so.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Tova

« Reply #9 on: 30 Apr 2019, 03:01 »

I totally agree with you on the second point; although to be fair, I am suspicious of all aggregate scoring systems, not just Rotten Tomatoes'.

I will avoid any form of review before seeing it because I'd rather not be influenced in my enjoyment of the film (or lack thereof) either way.

JoeCovenant

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #10 on: 01 May 2019, 08:32 »

Are you two planning on seeing it, then?

Have to see it to the bitter end...
I left the theatre after The Last Jedi thinking, surely there can be no follow up to this BS that could in any way be a good thing?

But, the fact that Rian was punted, and JJ has stated he's tearing what has gone before apart...

Anyway... I've seen all the rest on the big screen from day one... have to see the journey out, regardless of the destination...

(Ooo.. get HIM with his purple fecking prose!)  :)

Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands
Pages: [1]   Go Up