Fun Stuff > ENJOY

Star Wars 9

<< < (26/26)

LeeC:

--- Quote from: JoeCovenant on 06 May 2020, 05:52 ---I find it amazing that that even needs explained?
I never thought the rule of two meant there were only ever two sith - hell, even the JEDI worked on a rule of two...
I took Yoda's line "always two there are, a master and an apprentice" to be reflective of the situation they were in.. maul showed up, so they had to find out if he was the master or the apprentice - IE Oh, we've got a sith here... dammit where's the other one!"

In exactly the same way that the Jedi (on the whole) head out in twos - with a master and an apprentice.

--- End quote ---
I did too when I saw Phantom Menace, but since then with Clone Wars, books, comics, etc. they took it an applied it as if it was a hard "only 2" rule which always bugged me. This is why this "retcon" interests me so much because it make more sense than just having 2 dudes ever.

--- Quote from: BenRG on 06 May 2020, 06:09 ---However, Palpatine didn't follow anyone's rules except his own. The existence of the Inquisitorial Order proved that.

--- End quote ---
Yeah and this retcon makes it no longer a Palpatine making his own rules but part of Sith doctrine that there's only 2 Lords of the Sith. The Inquisition are not Lords of the Sith but acolytes/followers so Rule of 2 makes sense. After Maul died, Palpatine took in Dooku (who left the jedi order) until he died and then swayed Anakin over. Still only 2 Lords at any given time. However there are many Sith agents/acolytes around Palpatine or working for him then entire time. This is part of his/Sith's power. Having those underlings that help his/their main goals.

BenRG:
The original Star Wars Episode IX: Duel of the Fates

I never heard of Colin Treverrow's original idea before today but I saw it in the video copied below and I think that it would have been excellent, even if it would have required a huge tap-dance to retcon chunks of The Last Jedi.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxGEQAxaKnw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version