THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 05:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Happy Holidays! Which new(ish) Character are you most thankful for?

Millefeuille (kooky AI antics!)
- 10 (32.3%)
Invisible Emu! (Winslow likes him)
- 3 (9.7%)
Beepatrice (Feigned competence FTW)
- 5 (16.1%)
Yay Newfriend (Named Characters FTW)
- 9 (29%)
Spathe Ham and Waffles (Oldie but a goodie)
- 1 (3.2%)
You forgot... (Other options, please list because I'm a doofus)
- 3 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT strips 4161-4165 (23-27 December 2019)  (Read 9601 times)

Dngrsone

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Grumpus Maximus
Re: WCDT strips 4161-4165 (23-27 December 2019)
« Reply #50 on: 27 Dec 2019, 07:25 »

Your dog is a chihuahua, isn't it?

zisraelsen

• Curry sauce
« Reply #51 on: 27 Dec 2019, 07:26 »

... Maybe.
Zack is easier to type than Zisraelsen, so

Dngrsone

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Grumpus Maximus
« Reply #52 on: 27 Dec 2019, 07:37 »

Hehehe

I'm not sayin' all chihuahuas, but yeah, them little yappers are good for that.

I've got two.  I wasn't given a choice in the matter, they just happened; hah!

On a somewhat comic-related note, am I the only one who hears Crushbot in a Dwayne Johnson (as The Rock) voice?
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2019, 08:00 by Dngrsone »

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #53 on: 27 Dec 2019, 13:18 »

I am married to my wife in part because her dog (who had a reputation for hating men) took an instant liking to me. My wife had concluded that the dog was a better judge of character than she was because the dog had tried really, really hard to warn her about her previous boyfriend. So when the dog said “We’re keeping this one” she decided to listen.

The dog’s been gone for a dozen years now and I still miss her terribly.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

awkwardness

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #54 on: 27 Dec 2019, 14:00 »

My brother is an electrical engineer with the best job, doing safety testing of products.  He's told some fun stories of products that failed spectacularly, like a vacuum cleaner that bursts into flame if you jam the motor.  (Standard safety regulations state that appliances are required to shut down if they get jammed, so stuff like that doesn't happen)

Bursting into flame would be a failed test...  although as far as I know, he's never tested dildos before.  :P

I don't think he'd be able to if he's an electrical engineer- unless it's a plug-in or rechargable model. Then again, what would he be doing with it anyway? Simply turning it on and testing it x amount of hours until the motor blew to see if it fizzled, melted, seized, or exploded? It seems like it'd fall under a similar QA tester, like the materials tester(for the plastic/latex outside) or the chemical tester(to see if there's any harmful chemicals leeching out)

Of course, you could always get a laugh and bring it up and see what he'd think about someone testing them!

awkwardness

« Reply #55 on: 27 Dec 2019, 14:21 »

Like Marten, Crushbot is wondering what to do with the rest of his life.
Seems to be a recurring theme in QC.
----
I am now trying to think of dishes that are assembled in layers and then squashed flat.

puff pastry, bread(kneading)...quite a few pastries are made by folding and pressing so he might be close to finding his knack but has to go through the other kinds of pastries to get to the finer ones even if he'd be perfect for those manual labor ones

awkwardness

« Reply #56 on: 27 Dec 2019, 14:24 »

New Comic Up!

Awww! Poor Crushbot! They really are just amazingly clumsy, aren't they? I can empathise; I've lost count of the number of cabinet doors I've punched because I've misjudged the distance to the handle!

Now, has Crushy gone out to the West Coast to follow their dreams? I'm asking because their cookery teacher looks a lot like Marten's ex, Padma and we know she went to LA to look after her aging grandmother.

Doesn't look like the instructor has breasts like her and Padma was more of a barista than a baker(Secret Bakery's version of Dora). I'm thinking that maybe it's simply a one-off character who happens to resemble Padma in skin tone but that's about it...

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #57 on: 27 Dec 2019, 19:48 »

her dog (who had a reputation for hating men) took an instant liking to me.

I'm convinced that a former gf's cat loved me at first, but slowly started hating me for "stealing her woman."  Some of her (the cat's) behaviours pointed right to jealousy.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #58 on: 28 Dec 2019, 18:10 »

Like Marten, Crushbot is wondering what to do with the rest of his life.
Seems to be a recurring theme in QC.
----
I am now trying to think of dishes that are assembled in layers and then squashed flat.

puff pastry, bread(kneading)...quite a few pastries are made by folding and pressing so he might be close to finding his knack but has to go through the other kinds of pastries to get to the finer ones even if he'd be perfect for those manual labor ones
He could make proper pretzels!
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?
« Reply #59 on: 29 Dec 2019, 11:37 »

I was organizing my personal archive of QC files and noticed a folder of character pictures.  After flipping through to see what they were, it occurred to me that, even without Bubs, they could have a pretty hot roller derby team.  Hanners and Claire probably should just root from the sides, but Brun, Faye, and Marigold as blockers, Dora as Pivot, and Tai as a jammer...

Then if you wanted an AI team, have Bubs/Millie/Swordsmary as blockers, with Momo as Pivot and Roko as the jammer.  I'd leave May on the sidelines - too aggressive (always in the penalty box) and, at least at this point (4160), delicate considering the punishment usually inflicted.  I'd expect an AI league would not across over against a human league as the AIs seem to be denser - weigh more than similar sized humans - except maybe professionally.  The possibility of grisly human injuries seems pretty high if a mixed league was allowed.
« Last Edit: 29 Dec 2019, 12:05 by Wingy »
This space intentionally left almost blank.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #60 on: 29 Dec 2019, 16:47 »

The 'poses' comic made me lol a bit.

dutchrvl

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #61 on: 30 Dec 2019, 07:37 »

her dog (who had a reputation for hating men) took an instant liking to me.

I'm convinced that a former gf's cat loved me at first, but slowly started hating me for "stealing her woman."  Some of her (the cat's) behaviours pointed right to jealousy.

I think I have the opposite problem of my gf possibly slowly starting to hate me for stealing her cat away (she's convinced her favorite cat now loves me more than her)  :-D

dutchrvl

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #62 on: 30 Dec 2019, 07:50 »

I am married to my wife in part because her dog (who had a reputation for hating men) took an instant liking to me. My wife had concluded that the dog was a better judge of character than she was because the dog had tried really, really hard to warn her about her previous boyfriend. So when the dog said “We’re keeping this one” she decided to listen.

The dog’s been gone for a dozen years now and I still miss her terribly.

I'm sorry for your loss. And I mean that. They truly leave a hole in your heart and, perhaps because they are with us every day, their loss can be much harder than of almost any other family member.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up