THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Force is With Us! (Star Wars franchise general disucssion thread)  (Read 24921 times)

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo

What did Reva do wrong? I thought she was great!
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

I haven't watched but is the character not white, per chance
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC

Extraordinary, how ever did you manage to guess.

And yes, Reva's story was easily the highlight of the series.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!

And yes, Reva's story was easily the highlight of the series.

Totally agree. It really highlights how much of a monster Vader (and the Empire) is/was and Reva's whole arc reflects that she is not the monster she thought she could be.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

As others have pointed out, it was an unholy mess of racism and sexism.  I thought that she made a delightful baddie, and am just starting to see the other part of her arc.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

dutchrvl

• Bling blang blong blung

I will watch anything with Ewan MacGregor in it, even if I think that it's going to be terrible.  He's pretty much always a delight.

Agreed on that./
Man, seeing that he aged a bit (he is > 50 so it's normal) made me feel old too...

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo

As others have pointed out, it was an unholy mess of racism and sexism.  I thought that she made a delightful baddie, and am just starting to see the other part of her arc.

AAARGH! :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Now my face hurts. I feel like Sokka at the end of the 'Secret Tunnel' episode.
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!

Now my face hurts. I feel like Sokka at the end of the 'Secret Tunnel' episode.[/size]

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

I just finished it, and thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it.  I’ll be content if they don’t do another miniseries as a continuation, but there are certainly good storylines (that I’d totally watch) if they do, as long as it’s the same calibre.  But it just feels nicely complete as is.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.

So uh, Andor has been going fucking amazing. If you aren't watching it, be watching it.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.

So Andor season one ended just yesterday, and I think it's safe to say that it's been one of the best first seasons I've ever watched, and a hell of a masterpiece from all involved. Everyone, Serkis, Skaarsgard, Luna, they all showed off their skills to an insane degree and told a story in Star Wars I never could have thought possible, let alone as spectacularly as they did.

So like I said before, if you aren't watching it, be watching it. You won't regret it.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel

100% agreed. And honestly, you don't need to know any Star Wars lore at all to enjoy it. It just works as a story and with the characters involved.

Also there's a post credit thing after final episode.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up