THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

ass.golf

And now for something completely different!
huhn
what?
wot
*adjusts monocle*
I say!
Well, that was unexpected.
[other?]
Sven, drink some spathe ham.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT ass.golf (apparently) [28th Dec, 2020 - 1st Jan, 2021]  (Read 20802 times)

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot

I've seen less projection at an Imax
oh god

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

It might be time to take a break from social media, awkwardness.
Multiple studies have found that it's good to unplug for a bit from time to time.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC

Oh, has another of Jeph's meaningless comics turned into an inkblot test?
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Gyrre

Oh, has another of Jeph's meaningless comics turned into an inkblot test?

Maybe?
a real-ass gaddam sword

Tova

• coprophage

Maybe!

You know, even if Jeph is poking fun at Billie Eilish here, it's a pretty gentle poke, and I would find it pretty hard to get worked up about it myself.

BTW as an ageing curmudgeon that dislikes a lot of new popular music, I think that hers is enjoyable enough.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Gyrre

Despite all the comments on the previous page, I'm just glad Jeph hasn't taken QC in the same direction as a number of other webcartoonists. Whether it be turning it into a wall of text soapbox, or just an excuse to draw fetish art (I'm doubly glad it's not creepy fetish art).

Maybe!

You know, even if Jeph is poking fun at Billie Eilish here, it's a pretty gentle poke, and I would find it pretty hard to get worked up about it myself.

BTW as an ageing curmudgeon that dislikes a lot of new popular music, I think that hers is enjoyable enough.
There's actually a tango arrangement for Bad Guy
a real-ass gaddam sword

Gus_Smedstad

• Furry furrier

I am grateful for the departure of Ass.Golf and the return of QC. I was beginning to think the dick strips would never end.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

Same, but even webcomic artists need a break at some times.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

oddtail

• Bling blang blong blung

I found some of the comics funny, actually.

And I wouldn't mind them even if I didn't. It's free entertainment. As hedgie said, Jeph deserves a break once in a while - if anything, *more* often than once a year.

Theta9

• Not even that gay.

"Don't know why I'm bitching, 'cause the comic is free / But this is the Internet; it's all about me"
stePH
--
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

Tova

• coprophage

Even free comics aren't immune from criticism, y'know.

But I mean, you're both right in pointing out that it's Jeph's comic, and that he's perfectly entitled to do whatever he wants. Which obviously continues to please a lot of people. So, power to him.

No need to be quite so bothered by those who openly criticise it, or simply express the opinion that there were some comics they didn't like. They're entitled to do that as well. It doesn't make them as egocentric as that little couplet makes them out to be.

oddtail

Oh, I'm absolutely all for criticising stuff one doesn't like. I just said I like some of the jokes, and I don't mind that the comics, well, involve considerably less effort. I see them as trash, but purposeful trash - in a "I'm taking a break from making comics, but here's at least SOMETHING that I've made" way.

Granted, arguably no ocmics would be better than bad comics, depending on one's perspective. But personally, I give a pass to a low-effort update of anything when the creator of said anything is technically not supposed to work on it.

This isn't to say discussing the badness is somehow wrong. I just thought I'd share my general reaction, which is indifference mixed with mild amusement with the jokes, which I find so stupid they loop back around to being funny, much like I'd find it funny if someone farted during a solemn speech or something.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up