THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 23:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Aug 23rd - Aug 27th (4596-4600)  (Read 8987 times)

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
Re: WCDT Aug 23rd - Aug 27th (4596-4600)
« Reply #50 on: 26 Aug 2021, 21:51 »

Appropos of nothing, jacuzzi or no, I'm still salty, after nearly 25 years, that you don't get to play as Zelda except in side games (or those weird ones from the early nineties).  I mean, she's wicked badass!  Literally a sex-swapping ninja!  And yet, you only ever encounter her at the end of her own adventure.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #51 on: 26 Aug 2021, 22:26 »

WTF? The comments have stopped making sense.
Oh -- new comic.
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #52 on: 26 Aug 2021, 23:00 »

Fingers crossed we get to play as Zelda in Breath of the Wild 2.
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #53 on: 26 Aug 2021, 23:38 »

So, is this going to be an arc where Marigold is the Jeph Insert for "how working for yourself at a computer can very easily destroy your health on multiple levels"? It certainly feels this way. I also wonder if Jeph is using May as "the life coach that I wish I'd had in my life a lot earlier"!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #54 on: 27 Aug 2021, 00:01 »

My guess is that Marigold's posture issues began long before she became a streaming sensation. After all, her brain is trash and she lives on the Internet.
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #55 on: 27 Aug 2021, 07:58 »

I've seen my fair share of memes about bad joints and stiff joints and the "Me at 10: sleep on rocks and wake up feeling fine, Me at 30: sleep slightly askew on mattress one night and can't stand up straight for a week" macros and whatnot, and it leaves me wondering what I've done/didn't do to not have bad joints as I approach my late 30s.
My younger brother and I both lucked out on being unusually limber[1] for having a particularly stocky frames. Even so, I still have to do back stretches to realign my spine two to three times a month[2]. Granted, our parents also made us play outside as kids [3] and we went swimming a lot. So that may factor in as well.

[1] without having to work for it
[2]because I have terrible posture 3/4 of the time I'm at my desk and sometimes I get overconfident lifting and spinning things at work.
[3] we still came inside for water breaks and if it got above 92°F we were quickly brought inside

New comic.

Oof, my back hurts just looking at Marigold! May has a good point about yoga, but she should go further and recommend physiotherapy as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if diet were a factor in addition to genetics and activity level.  Once some types of damage are done, there's no recovery. Frequent high sugar spikes can really do a number on you, and not just type 2 diabetes either[4]. Then there's all of the acid in caramelized pop these days.  I still don't understand why high fructose corn syrup or aspartame get added to some foods that were perfectly fine prior to the recipe getting changed[5].

[4]Did you know one of insulin's jobs in your body was to help clean your brain?
[5] Sprecher's brand uses honey as the sugar in their soda and they went and ruined it with HFCS. Then, there's whatever the hell A&W did to ruin their recipes.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Gyrre

« Reply #56 on: 27 Aug 2021, 08:37 »

Appropos of nothing, jacuzzi or no, I'm still salty, after nearly 25 years, that you don't get to play as Zelda except in side games (or those weird ones from the early nineties).  I mean, she's wicked badass!  Literally a sex-swapping ninja!  And yet, you only ever encounter her at the end of her own adventure.

You'll have to excuse the providence of the inspiration behind it[1], but back in in 2013 Arryn Diaz put forward a brilliant fan treatment for such a game called LoZ: Clockwork Empire. The treatment includes details on the setting, the recurring trio[2], combat, weapons, outfits with different utilities, a unique magical artifact with multifunctionality[3], and schools of magic.

I also found out that there's a tumblr blog entirely dedicated to LoZ:CE which includes cosplay, fanart, and even multi-chapter fanfic. https://clockworkzelda.tumblr.com/

[1]Seems Anita went a bit mad a few years back.
[2] Yes, Prince Link (it's explained in the FAQ)
[3] I'm not accusing Nintendo of ripping things off wholesale. They came up with their own outfits, and added their own stuff to the whole 'you can weild any weapon you can lift' thing.

EDIT typo fixes
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2021, 16:51 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #57 on: 27 Aug 2021, 14:34 »

Marigold would benefit from any low impact stretching and strengthening regime, but yoga sounds sexier.

Also there is a gaming thread that is feeling neglected.
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #58 on: 27 Aug 2021, 20:00 »

Ok, this one hits home, hard......mostly in the lower back
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #59 on: 28 Aug 2021, 09:34 »

I want to maybe take up Tai Chi…
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?
« Reply #60 on: 30 Aug 2021, 08:39 »

This is why I stretch for an hour every morning, and goblin when I don't.  It's unnatural, I'm the only one in my extended family that can, but I can palm the floor.  And it feels good, done right.
This space intentionally left almost blank.

Gyrre

« Reply #61 on: 30 Aug 2021, 21:13 »

I want to maybe take up Tai Chi…

Twae kwon do was pretty fun in high school. But that's a lot of jump kicking and I work overnights now.
a real-ass gaddam sword

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #62 on: 31 Aug 2021, 11:49 »

I've been doing an hour of yoga every day for over 15 years. I definitely recommend it, not just for staying limber, but also for strength, balance, and mental health.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #63 on: 31 Aug 2021, 14:41 »

I need to get more into it.  I've followed some beginning videos, eventually getting to the point where I could finish them, and was impressed with the results.  Although I was insanely sore immediately after, by the end of the day, not only had I recovered from that, but my normal aches/stiffness/pain was gone for the next 36 hours or so.  I think that my biggest blocks to making it are how much I hate getting sweaty, and that immediate effect, and having to push through that to finish.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up