THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 10:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ridiculous Bosses  (Read 46451 times)

Tearon

Ridiculous Bosses
« on: 29 Jan 2005, 19:44 »

After posting on the most difficult challenge post about Omega Weapon (FF8) I started wondering about bosses who are either stupidly hard or just plain stupid. Stupidly hard bosses include Omega Weapon (Duh) and Ruby/Emerald weapon from FF7.

The two dumbest I can think of in my current "Final Fantasy" frame of mind are Vegnagun (FFX-2) and Hercules. (Kingdom Hearts)

One of them had a HUGE lead-up. It was supposed to be an unbreakable machine! Nothing was supposed to be able to kill it! Two supposedly skilled warrior lovers died trying to rid the world of it! Too bad they didn't think of hitting it with a sword in the head about eight times, because that's how fricking fagile the thing is.

The other is supposed to be half-god. While he is in God mode, he is immune to all attacks from our pathetic plane of existance. Unless you have a barrel. Gods hate those.

I like to rant about pointless things! Please join me!

Deformagraphy

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2005, 20:26 »

Uhh, most bosses in the Resident Evil series require you to continue a lot.  Especially, RE4.  

Mega Man...any of them.  

That's sadly all I can think of right now.

EDIT:   Ooops.  Maybe I should read into things more.  

The bosses in the Metal Gear Solid series on Normal are suprisingly easy for their size and statute.  

I hate to say it, but the bosses in Doom 3 didn't even feel like bosses.  Too easy.

Tearon

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2005, 20:34 »

Yeah, in MGS2, after all the build up over Metal Gear RAY at the begining, I would have thought that killing off three of them would be impossible. But somehow it was done.

This wouldn't bother me if it were snake, but instead it was some whiny, feathery-haired chickenboy. (The one who isn't Tidus) I mean COME ON, what's he going to do, complain at them until they kill themselves rather then hear his effeminate voice for another sentance? I think the President puts it best: "You're a man?!"

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2005, 22:56 »

Never did beat emerald or ruby in FF7.

What about Sephiroth though? Unless you were level 100 it took maybe five minutes to beat him. Boo.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Jiperly

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2005, 00:01 »

I was playing Halo 2 this week(Wintereenmas- woot) with a friend- holy shit, what the hell kind of armor are these guys using? Hunters take, like, 10 grenades to take them down, and elits have sheilding that can hold back a grenade landing on their neck- i wish my sheilding was that strong.

And it wasn't even in Legendary mode- it was just the second hardest(heroic)

nickyandthefuture

• Curry sauce
    • http://www.bigorangecrayon.com
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2005, 06:14 »

In Monster Party for the NES there were these two zombies and the end of one level that popped out of the ground and said "watch us dance!"  You had to wait about two minutes for them to dance and then they went back into the ground.  I think if you attacked them, they started over.
That game also had a boss that was a giant fried shrimp.
Blue or plain?
Sometimes orange.

Tearon

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2005, 06:55 »

Quote from: jeph
Never did beat emerald or ruby in FF7.

What about Sephiroth though? Unless you were level 100 it took maybe five minutes to beat him. Boo.

Yeah, I beat emerald entirley by accident in my first aquatic adventure! (I was looking underwater for stuff and it snuck up on me.) In two turns, I was almost dead. I used Cait Sith's limit break and....

INSTANT VICTORY!!

Yeah, that was lucky. At that point I recieved the earth harp for beating it. The name sounded familiar. It took me a week to remember that some guy in Kalm wouldn't shut up about how much  he wanted to see it before he died. I brought it to him and he gave me

wait for it....

THE MASTER MATERIA!!!
Not joking! The three master materia give you every summon, every magic, every command! Surley it was the greatest thing ever!

That may have played into how easy I found Sephiroth, exept I didn't use any of them. Here's the trick:

Load someone down with MP Plus materia and then W-Summon/Quadra Magic/ Nights of The Round his one-winged ass into oblivion.

The hardest enemy in the game, hands down, was ruby weapon. Still no luck with her.

Finding Emo

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2005, 09:08 »

Was Ruby Weapon the one in the desert? If so, yeah that one's a bitch.
I remember beating that one by starting the fight with two characters dead, so it can't steal them away, then kill the arms behind you with whatever technique, resurrect your characters, and let the beatings ensue.

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #8 on: 30 Jan 2005, 09:49 »

Found this one last night, but I was playing mortal kombat deception.. the last boss on arcade mode.. onaga.  I even tried it on novice and got owned.  He uses a total of like two moves and you do almost no damage to him it seems.  

The "boss" to half life 2 also.. that was just weak.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

KID

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #9 on: 30 Jan 2005, 09:51 »

Quote from: jeph

man, sepiroth took forever! i was ariund lvl. 60 or 70 and he kept using that one attack that takes five freakin' minutes to complete. how the crap does he manage to destroy the same planets 20 times over and still not kill me?

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #10 on: 30 Jan 2005, 11:07 »

The boss in Virtua Fighter 4. HOLY GOD. That game is hard as fuck to  begin with but jesus, it was like you were fighting God.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Jiperly

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #11 on: 30 Jan 2005, 12:06 »

anyone in Mortal Kombat Advance in Normal- jesus- i can't move fast enough to block those guys attacks.....

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #12 on: 30 Jan 2005, 13:15 »

Quote from: Jiperly
anyone in Mortal Kombat Advance in Normal- jesus- i can't move fast enough to block those guys attacks.....

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/mortalkombatadvance/review.html

haha, 2.9/10 =-o

Digs

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #13 on: 30 Jan 2005, 13:59 »

I am pretty sure that Knights of the Round can't be quad-magic'd, I am pretty sure that Cait Sith's The End doesn't work on Emerald or Ruby Weapon, I am pretty sure that you get three Master materia - one per skill set - for killing Emerald. The "reward' for killing Ruby was infuriating. At least FF8's Omega Weapon hands out a Pride of Omega thinger. Proof of Omega? Something.

Sinotio

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #14 on: 30 Jan 2005, 17:01 »

I was playing Halo 2 this week(Wintereenmas- woot) with a friend- holy shit, what the hell kind of armor are these guys using? Hunters take, like, 10 grenades to take them down, and elits have sheilding that can hold back a grenade landing on their neck- i wish my sheilding was that strong.

And it wasn't even in Legendary mode- it was just the second hardest(heroic)

The Hunters are extemely easy, just one shot with the beam rifle on heroic and two shots on legendary. The Elites are likewise easy, I dual wield a plasma rifle and an smg or i just snipe them, it's the easiest way to get rid of them.

The thing I did find needlessly hard in Halo 2 was the final boss, he's near impossible to kill in heroic...i haven't even gotten to him yet in legendary.

When shooting the Hunters you HAVE to hit them in an orange spot, otherwise the bullets are reflected.

KID

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #15 on: 30 Jan 2005, 19:15 »

haven't tried the others, but yes, Knights of the Round CAN in fact be quad magiced, Digs

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #16 on: 30 Jan 2005, 22:58 »

I found the boss in Marvel vs Capcom 2 infuriating at first.

Jiperly

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #17 on: 31 Jan 2005, 10:02 »

Quote from: Sinotio
The Hunters are extemely easy, just one shot with the beam rifle on heroic and two shots on legendary.

When shooting the Hunters you HAVE to hit them in an orange spot, otherwise the bullets are reflected.

Yea, i know- but how the hell do you hit them? I've hit them with their orange goo pasted all over, but the damn things won't go down!

Sinotio

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #18 on: 31 Jan 2005, 10:27 »

I'm a sniper in any FPS game I play, so I hit them either in the stomach or under the chin, you just have to have a good spot and be patient, these fuckers are tall, when they stand up full they show off all thier vulnerable spots. But the only gun that does one hit kill is the covenant sniper rifle, or if you want to be a smart ass walk up behind them and punch them in the back, repeatedly, cause it stuns them just watch out of the second one :P.

3Z3VH

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • WoSaT
    • http://www.everlan.net
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #19 on: 31 Jan 2005, 10:43 »

World of Warcraft - Onyxia

I have seen movies of Raid groups of 30 people trying to take down that dragon all at once, and STILL fail !

(And in reference to the original post, I chose to go with "ridiculous" being more litteral, than to mean "Stupid-easy")
With every small decision: if you change a heart, you change the world.

AndSheeWas

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #20 on: 31 Jan 2005, 14:07 »

Mother fucking Bongo Bongo in LoZ-Ocarina of Time. I can beat him no problem now, but the first time around was just a pain in my ass.

Tearon

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #21 on: 01 Feb 2005, 08:07 »

In Kingdom Hearts, the Squall/Cloud combo boss in the hades cup was pretty tough. So was Sephiroth. Sephiroth was way hearder in KH then he was in FF7. That is sad, especaily when you remember that in FF7 you used a huge sword to kill him and in KH you were just some kid with a big key...

KID

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #22 on: 01 Feb 2005, 12:34 »

heh, i forgot about Sepiroth in KH.
He was really hard, and there was really no incentive to beat him, but i did it. somehow, though, he still managed to be fun.

Digs

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #23 on: 01 Feb 2005, 12:46 »

There are bosses you don't beat because you want the weapon or the magic hat or the fallen star of the west foot or whatever.

I'd like to nominate The Pain as the most ridiculous but apparently serious boss ever to exist.

tayker

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #24 on: 01 Feb 2005, 17:07 »

Even though I really liked Devil May Cry, the main boss was a joke. Flying off in a plane at the end was stupid as well.

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #25 on: 01 Feb 2005, 17:18 »

Quote from: Digs
There are bosses you don't beat because you want the weapon or the magic hat or the fallen star of the west foot or whatever.

I'd like to nominate The Pain as the most ridiculous but apparently serious boss ever to exist.

ahha the pain <3

nothingwitty

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #26 on: 01 Feb 2005, 20:52 »

Sonic Chaos... ridiculously easy boss, and then fucking Robotnik just... gets away.  Lame to the max.

osaki

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #27 on: 01 Feb 2005, 22:19 »

1. lumos - it took me forever to kill lumos the first time i beat chrono trigger... but i still loved it.

2. ruby weapon - i got owned by ruby so many times, i wanted to break something... i ended up getting cloud to level 98 and quadruple slicing him to death... but it was a bitch.

3. oni - i dont really think there WAS a final boss, but that game was just too easy.

4. Halo 2 - I've beaten the game on legendary as of monday morning 2 AM. i was up ALL WEEKEND. friday 7:00 PM till monday 2:00 AM on the SAME FUCKING BOSS. THAT'S.... A LOT OF HOURS!

5. Jack (fable) - sooooooo easy. it was unbelievable. all you had to do was prance in a circle and shoot him with a bow a bunch of times! i was hoping there would be some strategy required. that game was awesome... for the 1 day it took me to beat it.

more to come.

Tearon

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #28 on: 02 Feb 2005, 08:44 »

Quote from: KID
heh, i forgot about Sepiroth in KH.
He was really hard, and there was really no incentive to beat him, but i did it. somehow, though, he still managed to be fun.

The incentive, my friend, is bragging rights. Whenever people rag on me about the madeforchildreniness of KH, I don't let them get any farther if they haven't beaten Sephi, Kurt, and the Phantom.

On expert.

Also, FFX was easy as all hell, but the monster capture arena thingy turned out some REALLY FRICKING HARD MONSTERS!

Catastrophe is the only creature I have EVER given up on, and there are still more monsters for me to unlock. It's hard!!

Foxylicious

Re: Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #29 on: 02 Feb 2005, 08:47 »

Quote from: Tearon
The two dumbest I can think of in my current "Final Fantasy" frame of mind are Vegnagun (FFX-2)

Yeah Vegnagun was REALLY bad!  I was trying to have faith in the game, but that was just way too easy.  It was rather anticlimatic.  >_<

Tearon

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #30 on: 02 Feb 2005, 08:50 »

Also, Yuna (I don't remember her voice actress's name) let her voice acting slip at the end. It really sucked until the middle of X-2 and then went back to sucking.

She sould be busted down to voice acting a moogle.

Which brings me to my point.

A moogle would be more difficult than Vegnagun.
Or a cactuar
Or a tonberry
Or a bomb
Or a flan
Or a brick...

MilkmanDan

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #31 on: 02 Feb 2005, 11:10 »

I don't play games all that often, so I can't really compete here, but I will realate a tale of woe. A relevant tale of woe.
Diablo. The first one, mind.
So you get down to level 7000 of hell or what ever the hell it is, and then press all those buttons and crap, no problem. Then you go to the bickass square thhing you've just unlocked and there are at least 20 million monsters all chilling it round Mr Diablo himself with the groupie love. "20million monsters! OH NOES!" you think, and start planning some major missions. Then Diablo just walks out, probobly going for a pissor something, I don't know, the point is he strolls off leaving all the monsters behind. So you run up to him and start clicking. After you slice his ass up about 20 times, he finally puts in a weakass punch. A punch? He's the fucking lord of darkness and terror and stuff, and he punches you. So you repeat this 3 or 4 times. We're talking 3 health potions here, max.
Then he tilts his head back, stretches out his arms in some wierd Jesus pose and start going mental. You're sure this is where he summons the 20 million baddies, or launches a bolt of PAIN, or something mad evil. So you autosave and prepare yourself for it. And wait. And wait. And wait. 30 fucking seconds at least, he's just rocking around in his crucifix pose. Then he dies. That's it. You win.
Worst. Boss. Ever.

Jiperly

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #32 on: 02 Feb 2005, 11:12 »

i've never played Diablo Offline.....

Digs

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #33 on: 02 Feb 2005, 11:22 »

Catastrophe is the only creature I have EVER given up on, and there are still more monsters for me to unlock. It's hard!!
Don't give up! Catastrophe drops fortune spheres, I think. He's an earth eater class monster, and he is very killable. Eventually, you should be able to farm him for fortune spheres. The Magus Sisters work wonderfully against him, the same way they work wonderfully against everybody. If memory serves his attacks are both viciously powerful and endowed with the status effect Death, so Aeons are probably the way to go.

osaki

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #34 on: 02 Feb 2005, 11:42 »

i can kill anything in FFX because all i have to do is whip out that one fool that takes your money (i forget his name... :( ) and give him like 1000000 gil. i have so much money just from selling crap... it's rediculous.

Tearon

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #35 on: 02 Feb 2005, 11:49 »

It's Yojimbo.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #36 on: 02 Feb 2005, 12:02 »

Man, that wall bass thinger from Doom 2.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #37 on: 02 Feb 2005, 15:21 »

Quote from: happybirthdaygelatin
Man, that wall bass thinger from Doom 2.

The Wall goat/satan thingy that shot monsters out of... cubes?
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

MilkmanDan

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #38 on: 03 Feb 2005, 02:49 »

Oh yeah. He was a motherfucker. I can't even remember how I killed himin the end. Something to do with firing rockets at his head from a lift I think. It was fresh missions.

Tearon

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #39 on: 03 Feb 2005, 04:46 »

Ooh! What about Ace Combat 4?

"Stonehenge is the ultimate weapon! NOTHING can match its power and absolutly NOTHING can destroy it! Unless a plane is able to fly below 2000 m in a desert and shoot at the worlds biggest targets. Then we're screwed."

Megalith was another superweapon made with easily destroyed generators conveniently unguarded in the airvents. Stupid Stupid Stupid!

Good game, though.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #40 on: 03 Feb 2005, 10:01 »

Quote from: MilkmanDan
Oh yeah. He was a motherfucker. I can't even remember how I killed himin the end. Something to do with firing rockets at his head from a lift I think. It was fresh missions.

Correct.  The Cubes (actually just animation, all the enemies came from spawn points if I remember correctly), loads of enemies shooting you on the pilar while trying to keep your rocket launcher aimed at the middle of it's forehead.

Hmm, wonder if I could install Doom 2 on my work computer.

Grand Don't Come For Free

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #41 on: 03 Feb 2005, 19:46 »

I was playing Halo 2 this week(Wintereenmas- woot) with a friend- holy shit, what the hell kind of armor are these guys using? Hunters take, like, 10 grenades to take them down)

Snipe them in the fleshy orange part in the middle. They recoil, so you can rinse and repeat. Massive damage too.

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #42 on: 03 Feb 2005, 21:23 »

Ok, not necessarily a boss, but an annoying circumstance. Halo or Halo 2 when you shoot down a banshee, and your thinking "There is no way that wreckage is going to hit me." Only to find yourself a smere on the ground.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

ComfortEagle

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #43 on: 05 Feb 2005, 13:55 »

as to the virtual fighter four comment earlier yes, she was a scary metal chick that i never beat, to this very day....
Fighting god, wow, he would like turn your hands into chickens or somehting

ComfortEagle

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #44 on: 05 Feb 2005, 21:07 »

right now i cant beat the last bowser battle on mario 64 ds, pittiful, but true, any tips?

wraithzero

• Larger than most fish
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #45 on: 07 Feb 2005, 00:51 »

I've not played the DS version, but assuming he's the same as the N64 one, try standing right on the edge of the platform as far away from him as you can get.  His shockwave attack is easy enough to jump over, and when he charges, you can backflip over him.

Now he's teetering on the edge, grab his tail.  If you're at an edge by a bomb, you can just swing him into it, otherwise swing him around and take your best shot.  This can be hard to get the hang of, but keep trying and you'll get the hang of it.  (if you really want to get some practise in, try going back to the first Bowser stage and throwing him all over the place, as long as you avoid the bombs, you can keep practising until you've got it down.)

After the second time, he'll smash chunks of the arena away, so wait in the center until he's done, then find the furthest point away from him on the star, and repeat.  Since you can't wait by a bomb anymore, you'll have to throw him.  One more hit, and end of Bowser.
Actions speak louder than words, especially if you have a giant moon laser.

There's something really freakish about you, ya know that? In a good way.

Vaitork

• Not quite a lurker
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #46 on: 08 Feb 2005, 09:51 »

Omega Weapon was deliciously hard... I hope bosses come like that in other games, Zelda-like for example..

Ganon from OOT was amazing too.. I spent like 30 mins killing him in pig form... just... epic...

BUT

Wind Waker's Ganon was.. just.. sad :( when i got the sword inside his head i was like "alright! now the big badass boss! yay! :D".. but it wasn't the boss who came, but the credits.. u_u

I hope this new Zelda have some challenge, for the love of God!

Tearon

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #47 on: 08 Feb 2005, 10:52 »

I wouldn't count on it. Have you noticed something about the new Zeldas? They seem to be targeting a younger and younger audience. By the time the tenth game come along (The Legend of Zelda: The Flashlight of Very Little Relevance) The final boss will challenge you to count the numbers all the way up to TWENTY!

By the way, I still feel cheated on the new Link. I know it's old stuff, but DAMN! What the crap. The Hero of Time is about as big as his sword. Now I don't feel so bad about never paying nintendo and doing all of my gamecubing at my friend's apartment.

Also, look really carefully when he puts items away. It looks almost like he's putting them up a *ahem* sensitive area.

So what happens if the hookshot goes off accidently? (ick)

Digs

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #48 on: 08 Feb 2005, 11:10 »

The hero of Wind Waker wasn't exactly Link. It is never definitively said that he is even kind of purely Hylian - it could be that Link was just a very, mm, busy, gentleman on his adventures.

Tearon

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #49 on: 08 Feb 2005, 11:16 »

It always has to be Link (Decended from the Knights of Hyrule)
and Zelda (Decended from the Sages)

The clothes are always passed down from last generations, so shoulden't they be too big for the new Link?

Also, think about what's going on with Gannon and Zelda:

Gannon: I have kidnapped you! Go stay in the dungeon.

Zelda: Not again...

Gannon: Also, you aren't aloud to call for help psychicaly, I've had some trouble with that in the past.

Zelda: Okayyy....

Gannon: Oh yeah, could you wear these clothes? Changing room's over there.

Zelda: 0_o
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up