THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 17:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ridiculous Bosses  (Read 46437 times)

Digs

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #100 on: 03 Mar 2005, 06:58 »

Wildonnie

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #101 on: 03 Mar 2005, 08:06 »

That's what I'm talkin' about, Digs. Nice pic.  It was like his instant death attack had the reach of about six inches, and he could only use it after he played with you for a while.  Oh, well, his attack reach matched his speed, since he didn't have any legs.  Must be hard for him to go up a flight of stairs.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #102 on: 03 Mar 2005, 10:46 »

I am not sure why it's bugging me that I still don't remember that.

Super Dave

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #103 on: 11 Mar 2005, 15:20 »

For some reason, Gannon / Gannondorf in the final battle of LOZ:OOT was reallllllllly easy I think.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #104 on: 11 Mar 2005, 17:28 »

The giant spider/brain thing at the end of the original Doom was a pretty poor effort.  Especially considering that the boss at the end of the the 2nd part of the game (the giant demon with the rocket-launcher arms) was such a scary, vicious bastard - having the toughest boss in the middle of the game and then some piss-ant one at the end seems . . . wrong.

daviesmatt

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #105 on: 12 Mar 2005, 07:27 »

The last boss on Jedi Knight 2 : Jedi Outcast was annoyingly easy. In a cut scene half way through the game, he kicked Luke Skywalkers ass. He literally pawned him. Then I killed him first time round. Cunt. All the build-up to this dark jedi guy was that he was uber-powerful, badass mo-fo. Went into the final level shitting myself, thinking I wouldn't be able to beat him. 2 minutes later, he's dead, I'm just left wondering "what the fuck..?"

Hado-Ken

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #106 on: 31 Mar 2005, 14:57 »

Hmm, a choice of 3,

Yu Yevon - I killed him in 2 hits (Well my Yuna does hit 30,000) and he can be hit with zombie.

Kefka - The battles where you chase him about and he keeps buggering off.

Psycho Mantis - Only if you down't switch controler ports.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #107 on: 31 Mar 2005, 15:36 »

Quote from: Inlander
The giant spider/brain thing at the end of the original Doom was a pretty poor effort.  Especially considering that the boss at the end of the the 2nd part of the game (the giant demon with the rocket-launcher arms) was such a scary, vicious bastard - having the toughest boss in the middle of the game and then some piss-ant one at the end seems . . . wrong.
The cyberdemon and the mastermind?

Actually, the cyberdemon conflict was set up so that, if you knew where to stand, you could shoot it, and it couldn't shoot you. Besides, if you stood in the mastermind's gunfire for more than a few seconds it was game over, no questions asked. dodging rockets, on the other hand, is pretty easy.
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

Einherjar

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #108 on: 31 Mar 2005, 19:54 »

Skips second page
The final boss of Legend of Dragoon took more time than necessary.  Take a bland game, rush the third disc, fill the fourth with plot holes, and throw in a final boss that takes no less than 45 minutes to defeat.

Istaria Queen from Valkyrie Profile would attack with her level 4 combo almost every turn, and do over 1M damage to one character, or cast an advanced magic spell and do 500K to each character.  If it wasn't for Guts, First Aid, Auto Item, and Angel Curios, she would be impossible before she was reduced to 50% health, at which time she would become even more powerful.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #109 on: 31 Mar 2005, 21:23 »

Quote from: Switchblade
Actually, the cyberdemon conflict was set up so that, if you knew where to stand, you could shoot it, and it couldn't shoot you. Besides, if you stood in the mastermind's gunfire for more than a few seconds it was game over, no questions asked. dodging rockets, on the other hand, is pretty easy.

Maybe.  I just remember that playing it as a kid the cyberdemon was big and intimidating - those rockets came onto you pretty fast, and 'cause they came in volleys if you were hit that was the end - whereas the boss at the end was just a piss-ant, and even if you got hit by a few of its bullets you could still step out of the way and live to fight another day.  All you had to do was run along the ledge around the perimeter and stop every once in a while to let off a volley of plasma-gun fire, and the thing was finished in no time.  The cyberdemon seemed able to take a lot more punishment.

Hephesus

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #110 on: 01 Apr 2005, 08:38 »

The final Boss in GoW is RIDICOULSLY hard.

SPOILER WARNING: If you somehow manage to defeat his first form, you have to fight an army of your clones, and if you manage to survive THAT you have to beat him in a hand to hand duel with no powers or magic. It's nearly fucking impossible (That, and Im playing the game in hard, which I think was a bad choice :-/)

All the FF bosses after Kefka were stupidley easy for me. There was really no challenge in any of them.

The last boss of Xenosaga was way too easy

And the last fight of Metal Gear Solid 2 was soooooo out of character with the series... it seemed like something out of Spider Man rather than the Metal Gear series.

Digs

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #111 on: 02 Apr 2005, 16:48 »

Every Iseria Queen except the one in SO3 is a horrible, horrible monster that no man should ever be expected to stand against.

Einherjar

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #112 on: 02 Apr 2005, 19:51 »

Isteria Queen gets harder every time you fight her.  I haven't played through the Seraphic Gate in a while, but I think I went up to The Book of Riddles 5.

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #113 on: 02 Apr 2005, 21:28 »

FFVII Weapons: W-Summon(Mastered):Knights Of The Round(Mastered)>Mimic(mastered)>Mimic(Ditto)>Mimic(You bet)>>Et Al. Also, having "Final Attack" linked with a Master "Phoenix" summon does wonders for when you DO get owned.
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

Ruskin

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #114 on: 02 Apr 2005, 21:31 »

The entire Sacred Caves region (Hell) of Doukutsu Monogatari. Damn that thing is HARD. SO FREAKING HARD.

InsideOut

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #115 on: 03 Apr 2005, 08:26 »

Quote from: Ruskin
SO FREAKING HARD.

You got that right.  It made me give up on the game for a really long time.  Everything up until that is pure concentrated awesome, though.

I think the last boss of DMC3 is one of the hardest action game bosses in a long time.  Bosses that can easily heal themselves = frustrating

Moriarty

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #116 on: 03 Apr 2005, 10:55 »

A hard boss for me was Inferno in the Edgemaster/quest mode of Soul Calibur 2. Not only does he have around 5x your health and twice your damage, his morphing into other characters (namely Nightmare and Cervantes) is very annoying to counter. Plus whenever I play he constantly spams the unblockable 'Flying buzzsaw' move.
I'm also (semi) reliably informed that it is nearly impossible to beat Shin Akuma on 8 star difficulty in SF Alpha 3

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #117 on: 03 Apr 2005, 11:24 »

Hell, the FIRST boss fight on Extreme difficulty in MGS2 is hard, or as est might put it, "fucking XTREEEEM." They just get harder from there.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

mossy

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #118 on: 03 Apr 2005, 11:45 »

welly,
for my two pennies (NOT cents.) id have to say
1)"emperor blue" in viewtiful joe, on "v-rated" is IMPOSSIBLE.
2)the last two bosses on metroid prime- meta ridley annd metroid prime itself- ridley is HARDER than the final boss! the controller flew across the room more than once...
3) ah chrono trigger... the last battle with lavos, and then having to fight him AGAIN in the core... it hurts my brain just thinking about it...

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #119 on: 03 Apr 2005, 14:03 »

Holy hell, I forgot about Lavos.

TOUGHEST RPG FIGHT EVAR
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

7.62x39mm

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #120 on: 03 Apr 2005, 14:56 »

Nobody's mentioned the Wiegraf/Velius fight from FFT yet? I'm shocked.

I've always, ALWAYS had trouble with that fight, even when I grossly powerleveled for days beforehand. I usually end up with only one or two guys left alive.

The fight after that isn't cakewalk either, and is downright unbeatable if you forget to set your job classes to fast ones, like Thief or Ninja.

Digs

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #121 on: 03 Apr 2005, 18:54 »

The Wiegraf fight is all about pumping yourself up with yell and accumulate until you're a horrible monster that Wiegraf can't touch, even as Velius. What's truly rough going is stealing all of Elmdor's crap. Or stealing anything from those Assassin girls.

I am Big Boss.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #122 on: 03 Apr 2005, 19:06 »

Quote from: Moriarty
A hard boss for me was Inferno in the Edgemaster/quest mode of Soul Calibur 2. Not only does he have around 5x your health and twice your damage, his morphing into other characters (namely Nightmare and Cervantes) is very annoying to counter. Plus whenever I play he constantly spams the unblockable 'Flying buzzsaw' move.

Funny, I never had trouble blocking that move.

Lately I have been getting my ass handed to me by Jinpachi in Tekken 5. Everyone else is a piece of cake and then it takes me 10 continues to beat him.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

MFD

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #123 on: 03 Apr 2005, 19:25 »

The giant Blooper in Ricco Harbor.

Oh, no... he's not hard.  Just ridiculous.

I Am Not Amused

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • http://www.myspace.com/bittercamparimusic
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #124 on: 04 Apr 2005, 01:20 »

Did anyone ever play the little heralded Star Ocean 2? The final boss in that game, the normally, is pretty easy actually.

But then you take his limiter off.

This is done only by doing some special thing near the end of the game, and I kind of forget exactly what it is, but I have a saved Star Ocean 2 game with the final boss without his limiter, and no matter what levelling up I do, no matter how powerful I am.

He's SO fast. And SO strong.

That he just kills me in about seventeen seconds.

Ridiculous.
Zac Efron wants a sourcebox lulz.

kingfandango

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #125 on: 13 Apr 2005, 13:11 »

Hmmm...

FF 9 will always stick in my mind for the simple fact that the end boss I think his name was Necro actually had no previous mention in the story and after smacking around what seemed like the end boss before him, he then pops up out of nowhere and proceeded to use every status effect that can be mustered to turn my party into a party of extremely irate mini-frogs and I had to sit back and watch, very fustrating.

M. Bison from this Street Fighter that was on the Playstation, I can't remember the name of it for the life of me...on the hardest level he had a Super Psycho Crusher that would take away more than 3/4th of your life bar if blocked and would kill you out right if not...did I mention that there was no way to avoid it since it took up the entire screen and he had unlimited super power ;P

MFD

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #126 on: 13 Apr 2005, 14:21 »

Zeromus > Necron.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #127 on: 13 Apr 2005, 15:30 »

Oh. Fuck.

This isn't actually a proper boss but... I just played the final skate-off against Eric Sparrow in Tony Hawk's Underground.

FUCK ME that thing is hard. Shit! the bastard drops firebombs! Plus you have to pull one huge combo over, like, the WHOLE of the neighborhood level! And if you fall over or touch the ground once without pulling a manual - game over.

man... I need a hot chocolate to calm me down, guys. my hands are shaking sooo hard.

bucky_2300

• Furry furrier
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #128 on: 13 Apr 2005, 16:11 »

Quote from: Spike
The "boss" to half life 2 also.. that was just weak.

Yeah, that sucked. The whole game was too easy, I thought. Half-Life took (and still takes me) about a month from beginning to end - Half-Life 2 took me about two weeks. Playing steadily. It's harder on Hard mode (:o), but I'm going to wait until I get a better computer to really start playing it again.

As for insane hardosity, some of the stuff in San Andreas is really tough. But I love it! The missons are really hard, yet they aren't stupid hard, just really really challenging.
Click Here!

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #129 on: 13 Apr 2005, 16:27 »

Oh. Fuck.

This isn't actually a proper boss but... I just played the final skate-off against Eric Sparrow in Tony Hawk's Underground.

Nice.  I may have to play Underground 2 tonight.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #130 on: 13 Apr 2005, 16:55 »

Quote from: bucky_2300
Half-Life took (and still takes me) about a month from beginning to end

Really? It usually takes me a week at absolute most anymore, on hardest settings.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

bucky_2300

• Furry furrier
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #131 on: 13 Apr 2005, 17:06 »

Quote from: Ozymandias
Quote from: bucky_2300
Half-Life took (and still takes me) about a month from beginning to end

Really? It usually takes me a week at absolute most anymore, on hardest settings.

How many times have you played it? I've gone through the whole thing about three times.
Click Here!

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #132 on: 13 Apr 2005, 17:23 »

I don't know. The whole thing only about 4 or 5 times, probably.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #133 on: 14 Apr 2005, 02:04 »

Man, I speed-game half-life nowadays. My best time is three hours, twenty-seven minutes and twelve seconds. (Yes, this is possible; the record is fifty-eight minutes thirty. The guy who managed it is fucking INSANE)

half-life 2 still takes me a while to finish - "water hazard" and "sand traps" in particular take me quite a while, and there's no way to rush through "our benefactors"

not to mention I keep fucking up and falling off the bridge and having to reload.

wraithzero

• Larger than most fish
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #134 on: 14 Apr 2005, 03:49 »

Man, I speed-game half-life nowadays. My best time is three hours, twenty-seven minutes and twelve seconds. (Yes, this is possible; the record is fifty-eight minutes thirty. The guy who managed it is fucking INSANE)

Heh, lightweight.
Gotta love the jump out of the test chamber at the start, I'm still trying to pull that off.
Actions speak louder than words, especially if you have a giant moon laser.

Quote from: Tearon
There's something really freakish about you, ya know that? In a good way.

californaya

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #135 on: 14 Apr 2005, 06:11 »

Oh. Fuck.

I think THUG was the only game to make me hate a fictional character (Eric Sparrow) with a passion.

Digs

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #136 on: 14 Apr 2005, 12:31 »

I actively wished for the death of a graphical representation of nonsentient pile of code of a little girl playing at godhood. Make sense of that.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #137 on: 14 Apr 2005, 12:49 »

Ringing a frickin' bell but that is about it.

Doom 3.  The boss that I got the Soul Cube from was ridicously easy after actually thinking for maybe at most two seconds.

mosfet

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #138 on: 14 Apr 2005, 13:09 »

Theres a Japanese game, of which I had the MAME rom, where everything in it was just freaky ass stupid.  You've walk around and there'd be guy in weird poses making up the background, some weird creature that attacked you by shooting out a giant tongue to lick you with, and I'm fairly certain Butts that walked around farting on you...

And thats not even anywhere near a description of just how freakazoid this game was.  Think of a Japanese developer having an LSD AND a Sugar high while watching Hentai, Samurai movies, and the Muppet Show.

O_o

WTF?!

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #139 on: 14 Apr 2005, 14:52 »

Quote from: wraithzero
Heh, lightweight.
Gotta love the jump out of the test chamber at the start, I'm still trying to pull that off.

Well I never claimed to be a particularly GOOD speedgamer, did I? I'm too cautious with head crabs, I've never figured out how the hell you're meant to  completely bypass some sections of the game like these guys do, and I have never jumped down a drop and grabbed the ladder like they do. it all racks up.

Trinary

• Emoticontraindication
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #140 on: 14 Apr 2005, 15:03 »

Mosfet, if I had to take a guess, I'd say you were talking about the Cho Aniki games.  Horizontally-scrolling shooters featuring thong-wearing musclebound homosexual stereotypes.  They are completely disturbing.

Oh, and be very careful about doing a google image search for screenshots or whateveri.  There's fan art out there that can flat out kill you.  I take no responsibility for subsequent damage to eyeballs or brain.
UNF.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #141 on: 14 Apr 2005, 16:02 »

http://www.encyclopedia-obscura.com/gamescho.html

I read this and laughed myself to tears. Seriously, one of the characters has an ass attack that doesn't actually do anything. He just gets his kicks by mooning the foe.

mosfet

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #142 on: 14 Apr 2005, 16:03 »

Actually, I'd have to say this one was far worse!
I'll have to look it up, but I may have deleted the rom file in sheer horror! :P

Mr. Glitch

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #143 on: 15 Apr 2005, 00:50 »

Quote from: 7.62x39mm
Nobody's mentioned the Wiegraf/Velius fight from FFT yet? I'm shocked.

Only because I don't post frequently. :D

I've always, ALWAYS had trouble with that fight, even when I grossly powerleveled for days beforehand. I usually end up with only one or two guys left alive.

The fight after that isn't cakewalk either, and is downright unbeatable if you forget to set your job classes to fast ones, like Thief or Ninja.

Actually, it's not THAT hard. In my recent playthrough I beat Wiegraf with Ramza as a Time Mage at level 20-odd (a bit below Wiegraf's level, I think), then took down Velius with a Samurai, Priest, Wizard, and Monk at similar levels. Easy, albiet painful--only the Monk was standing by the end.

That battle is notorious for taking down less skilled or well-prepared players, though. I know a lot of people who gave up on the game at Wiegraf.

kingfandango

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #144 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:30 »

Legendary Frustrations:

Grim Reaper and Dracula in the Original Castlevania were both huge cheddar balls, I think that they may have coined the title cheesy bastards.

The Final boss in the original Ninja Gaiden was quite bull$hit.

R-Type...yeh, any boss after level two is retarded.

Mike Tyson and Super Macho Man in Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

The original Firday the 13th game...hmmm, okay so there's this guy in a hockey mask with a machette and I got like some pebbles...and you want me to flick them at him??? right.

You know, I remember back in the old nintendo days when bosses were those things that made you want to put your controller through the t.v.  In the past couple of years it seems like either I've become a lot better at fighting these uber-enemies or they have just become big pansies.  Some examples of ridiculously easy bosses and recent dissapointments would be:

Silent Hill 2:  End Boss Pyramid Heads...equation 2 ampules + 1 Great Knife= 30 seconds knockout ;P

Doom 3: Cyber Demon...looks bad ass, really just sucks ass...defeated him only getting hit maybe twice on the first time through...lame

Snowblind: Mr. Robotic leader of the opposing forces...I don't care to remember his insignificant name...he got me the first time, but after re-assessing the situation I just dropped five of those spider things and he was dead before I had even used up my bio power...uber lame

Resident Evil 4: End boss,  I don't think you should ever be able to take down an end boss on your first try...ever(unless set on easy)...though for some reason it still did feel sastisfying to beatup on him without ever feeling threatened.  It was one of those, I don't hear you talking shit now do I Mr. Badguy, moments ^_^  Town Leader, well he was just pathetic...the blind prisoner guys gave me more trouble.

The Shaving, I mean Suffering: You pick it, they were all easily handled and pathetic.

Sideways

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #145 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:48 »

Viewtiful Joe had some REALLY tough bosses... and at the end you had to fight like 4 or 5 bosses in a row... without the ability to save in-between.

Devil May Cry 3 is hard... just hard all-around... but the bosses are EXTRA hard.  Great game though.

I remember it took FOREVER for me to beat the Ruby Weapon in FF7.  Emerald dropped quick, because I had 8 counter-attack materia, and the Ultima Weapon for Cloud... as well as 3 command-counter/deathblow combos, a 4x hit materia, and one other materia that I can't remember right now.

So to start off a fight, Cloud would attack for 9999 damage, 4 times, then when he was struck by an enemy, he would counter-attack for 9999 damage 11 more times.

It took about 3 minutes for the Emerald Weapon to drop.

But that materia combo wasn't effective against Ruby.  I wound-up reading a forum, months later (having left Ruby Weapon as the ONLY thing not completed in FF7) about a mime/knights of the round exploit, that could be used on Ruby... so I went back to the game, rearranged my materia to match that combo, and whooped his ass.

Oh, and I remember the final boss in Xenogears was insanely hard.  That's all I remember about the game though (which isn't a good sign).

kingfandango

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #146 on: 15 Apr 2005, 11:24 »

Quote from: Sideways
I remember it took FOREVER for me to beat the Ruby Weapon in FF7.  Emerald dropped quick

I don't know if I would consider Ruby and Emerald real Bosses, since they were optional battles that you could easily avoid and they occurred more to the likes of a random encounter anyway, kind of like Warmech in the first Final Fantasy...granted they are extremely tuff to beat, but I think the title Boss is traditionally endowed to aa enemy that you have to fight in order to progress the story along.  Just my opinion though.

nihilist

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #147 on: 20 Apr 2005, 10:46 »

Good god.  Last night, I came across one of the hardest things ever.  In Jade Empire, at a certain point in time you fight in the arena.  You need to become the silver champion to move forward on another quest.  Without that, the main plot is stalled.  So, I fought in the arena.  You fight in the qualifying league, then the broze, then silver, and finally gold.  You can stop after becoming silver champion.  Me, I went for the gold champion.  Silver was pretty easy to hit.  Gold, they started throwing things in from left field.  One of the gold rounds you had to fight about ten of the characters you had previously defeated, one new character coming in every ten seconds.  Tough, but not insane.  

Until you meet the gold champion.  That guy was fucking insane.  He is impervious to certain attacks, he hits you about eight times and you're toast, when he heals himself, he regains at least 2/3 of his health...  Good god.  Took me a good solid hour of beating my head against the wall before I finally beat him.  And it was pretty much luck that did it.  Eek.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #148 on: 20 Apr 2005, 15:13 »

Shit.  I for some reason was having troubles with the part durring the silver round with the four guys who have poison.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #149 on: 20 Apr 2005, 16:04 »

technically not a boss, but...

in the sewers of the temple district, in BG2LSoA, tucked up in one of the corners, is a group of about five people. if even one of them sees you, then they demand 1,000 gold from you. if you refuse (or are unable) to pay, then they attack you.

I just faced off against them about an hour ago. Minsc and Keldorn dropped first, followed by Jaheira, Yoshimo, Aerie, and my main character. And the only reason Aerie lasted that long was a total magical AC of -3, and a total damage reduction of 16. It also helped that I'd summoned three skeletons and a squad of armed Gnolls in to help with the battle. I lost all those gnlls, all those skeletons, all the party, and only succeeded in killing one of them and "badly Wounding" another.

Too. tough.

beats me why those guys are hanging out in a sewer looking to collect 1,000 GP from any adventurers who happen to wander through (who, let's face it, are quite likely to be in short supply). These guys could be making a killing as dragon slayers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up