THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 06:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ridiculous Bosses  (Read 45455 times)

smilingbeef

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #150 on: 20 Apr 2005, 16:49 »

How come no one has mentioned the first encounter with Alma in Ninja Gaiden (or maybe somebody did and I missed it)?  She's the pink lady that rarely, if ever, gives you an opening, and loves MAKING YOU CRY.

Crowebert

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #151 on: 20 Apr 2005, 18:32 »

God of War has amazing bosses. All you need to do is play for 5 minutes to hit the hydra head miniboss in the first level. AMAZING. The 3-head hydra fight at the end of the first level is good enough to be a final boss in a lesser game.

nihilist

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #152 on: 21 Apr 2005, 06:48 »

Heh, the gold level gets kinda crazy, especially the Imperial thing.  Yugh.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #153 on: 21 Apr 2005, 12:43 »

Still stuck on the same part, though I think the whole getting up early and smoking combination is a part of the being stuck.

I think I mentioned Alma in Ninja Gaiden awhile back.

Hephesus

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #154 on: 26 Apr 2005, 11:40 »

Quote from: Switchblade
technically not a boss, but...

in the sewers of the temple district, in BG2LSoA, tucked up in one of the corners, is a group of about five people. if even one of them sees you, then they demand 1,000 gold from you. if you refuse (or are unable) to pay, then they attack you.

I just faced off against them about an hour ago. Minsc and Keldorn dropped first, followed by Jaheira, Yoshimo, Aerie, and my main character. And the only reason Aerie lasted that long was a total magical AC of -3, and a total damage reduction of 16. It also helped that I'd summoned three skeletons and a squad of armed Gnolls in to help with the battle. I lost all those gnlls, all those skeletons, all the party, and only succeeded in killing one of them and "badly Wounding" another.

Too. tough.

beats me why those guys are hanging out in a sewer looking to collect 1,000 GP from any adventurers who happen to wander through (who, let's face it, are quite likely to be in short supply). These guys could be making a killing as dragon slayers.

I kicked their ass...I had pretty much your same party minus Keldorn and Yoshimo and I had the drow priestess (whose name escapes me) and Edwin. With minsc enraged, jaheria, and my ranger in the front lines, the priestess healing and Aerie and Edwin blasting them from afar you can kill them easily enough.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #155 on: 26 Apr 2005, 11:48 »

what kind of levels were you at? my lot were fresh out of Irenicus'  base.
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #156 on: 26 Apr 2005, 11:53 »

Quote from: nihilist
Heh, the gold level gets kinda crazy, especially the Imperial thing.  Yugh.

Crapping crap they don't call the last dude on gold level The Ravager for no reason.

nihilist

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #157 on: 26 Apr 2005, 12:02 »

Yeah.  Even the Imperial fight had nothing on that guy.

Hephesus

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #158 on: 26 Apr 2005, 12:06 »

Quote from: Switchblade
what kind of levels were you at? my lot were fresh out of Irenicus'  base.

Crap... It's been a while... I THINK I did this right after I got my protected territory... so I must have been around 14th level or so, but Im not so sure. I do know I went up a couple of levels before I fought them, though.

A lot of times a battle can be made much easier depending on how you approach it, though...

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #159 on: 26 Apr 2005, 12:07 »

Yeah I didn't have too much trouble with the Imperial Fight.  The black leapord school was easier then I expected as well.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #160 on: 26 Apr 2005, 12:14 »

I know it's been mentioned but Majora's Mask takes the prize for both... playing as Link alone it's stupidly hard to make it through the whole fight, and playing with the Super Deity Mask (or whatever) makes it stupidly easy.

The only boss I've ever truly come to hate was a dragon from a really old Amiga game called Dizzy and the Yolk Folk (or something similar)... there was a bit where you had to jump into a dragon's mouth - which, obviously, kills instantly - but at the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND, use a potion item to send it to sleep or something. I swear, the timing on this had to be pixel perfect... too early and you wasted the potion, too late and, well, you're dead.

Could have been because I was around ten at the time, but I actually cried because of that thing.

Super Dave

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #161 on: 28 Apr 2005, 15:25 »

Anyone Played the new Ninja Gaiden for XBOX? This is overall the most challenging game I've played in recent history, and some bosses are harder than pulling a nut hair from a mosquito while wearing boxing gloves.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #162 on: 28 Apr 2005, 15:36 »

Oh yes.  I may have to play that tonight.  I've had it for awhile now and still haven't beat it.

Super Dave

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #163 on: 08 May 2005, 21:06 »

It's still fun though.

also; Smilingbeef, have you beaten Alma yet?

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #164 on: 08 May 2005, 22:12 »

Quote from: nihilist
Yeah.  Even the Imperial fight had nothing on that guy.

Man I had absolutely no problems until those damn horse demons the post-Ravager guy summons on you. That's the only fight of the game I've had to set to Easy thus far and I'm most of the way through it.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

sXeSamurai

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #165 on: 12 May 2005, 08:45 »

I would have to say Askumaru (I believe I spelt his name wrong) from Samurai Showdown, he is such a queer, even though he is based upon an actual historic figure from fuedal japan, he was a Christian daimyo who inspired a doomed rebellion. He is just a fujizzing fruit cup.

A ridiculously hard boss is Kintaro from Mortal Kombat II on my emulator. I hate that sick fuck.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #166 on: 12 May 2005, 11:46 »

Wait, so he is a mass of video game graphics that likes to have sex with video game graphics of the same type?

All the bosses in Mortal Kombat games always seemed silly.

Sathanas

• Not quite a lurker
Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #167 on: 13 May 2005, 06:13 »

Anyone ever played Warning Forever? It's a top-down shooter, and your enemies are composed entirely of bosses. They get waaayyy bigger as you go on, too, so by level 12, they take up about 3/4 of the screen.
Estuans interius ira vehementi.

DonkeyPirate

Ridiculous Bosses
« Reply #168 on: 13 May 2005, 22:29 »

sephiroth in kingdom hearts is one of my altime favorite gaming moments.  he is so fast and its an intense battle.  i was level 68 when i beat him.  it was fun
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up