THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 18:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Latest album purchases  (Read 285557 times)

mee-kay-la

Latest album purchases
« Reply #100 on: 21 Feb 2005, 13:12 »

The last album I bought was Led Zeppelin's How The West Was Won.
It's amazing. *hails teh mighty zep*

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Latest album purchases
« Reply #101 on: 21 Feb 2005, 13:24 »

I would have this right now:

But it was either delayed or my CD Store sucks.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

devils_daughter

Latest album purchases
« Reply #102 on: 21 Feb 2005, 13:40 »

Got Nightwish, "Bless the Child" today. It's a lot better than I thought it would be.

Enyaw

Latest album purchases
« Reply #103 on: 21 Feb 2005, 14:21 »

Andre Ethier with Christopher Sanders featuring Pickles and Price.

Fucking sweet.

Super Dave

Probably the only one who listens to these genres, BUT...
« Reply #104 on: 21 Feb 2005, 17:11 »

I just picked up the following a little while ago-
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Megadeth - Countdown To Extinction
Joe Satriani - Crystal Planet
Steve Vai - The Infinite Anthology
Rush - Retrospective 1974 - 1980
I likes them all

Super Dave

prolly the only one who has this spectrum of music...
« Reply #105 on: 21 Feb 2005, 17:12 »

I just picked up the following a little while ago-
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Megadeth - Countdown To Extinction
Joe Satriani - Crystal Planet
Steve Vai - The Infinite Anthology
Rush - Retrospective 1974 - 1980

I likes them all

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Latest album purchases
« Reply #106 on: 21 Feb 2005, 17:17 »

Quote from: devils_daughter
Got Nightwish, "Bless the Child" today. It's a lot better than I thought it would be.

*gives you a big thumbs up*

Bless the Child is actually almost the only nightwish release I don't possess (not physically anyway)
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Latest album purchases
« Reply #107 on: 21 Feb 2005, 20:42 »

The same friend of mine who gave me ...Trail Of Dead's new CD got a copy of Here Come The ABCs by They Might Be Giants on this round of reviews. Having listened to it, I defend it to the death.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

ekemeister

Latest album purchases
« Reply #108 on: 21 Feb 2005, 21:16 »

I got a double cd of guitar recordings by Andres Segovia; and I bought some piano music for four hands by Debussy.

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
Latest album purchases
« Reply #109 on: 22 Feb 2005, 16:09 »

Oh yes, I have the new album from Brakes (Brighton supergroup)...this band is soooooo good..
Sample lyrics:
'Cheney, Cheney, Cheney, STOP BEING SUCH A DICK!'(that song lasts 10 seconds), and their ode to The Others, 'I heard about your band' :
'I heard about your band, I couldn't help it as you were screaming in my ear, coked up asshole...' made all the more entertaining by the fact they played a gig together last week... I love Brighton and the bands it produces!

TheCourtJester

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • OB/GYN/OMG/WTF/BBQ!
Latest album purchases
« Reply #110 on: 22 Feb 2005, 19:50 »

Just bought "The Stolen Shots" album. It's...not very good though.
The sad thing about tennis is that no matter how good you get, you'll never be as good as a wall.

Count_Zero

Latest album purchases
« Reply #111 on: 23 Feb 2005, 03:57 »

Last purchases....

*thinks*

Frances the Mute by the Mars Volta. It's good. I think. Its a bit hard to tell, its even more 'prog' and radio unfriendly than 'Deloused in the Comatorium', but it does seem good. I think I'll really have to sit down and listen to it properly to get a good handle on it

Silent Alarm by Bloc Party. I saw that this had entered at like no. 5 in the UK charts, which is awsome, as it means loads of people went out and bought it. Truly, truly amazing album, and hopefully a good indicator of the quality of 'Sound of 2005'

Crimes by the Blood Brothers. Bought because it was cheap. Good, not what I was expecting - very very manic, shouty/screamy but not in a totally inpenetratable way.

And respect for Funeral For A Friend. [hipster] I saw them back in the day before they got big... [/hipster]

Count

El Opium

Latest album purchases
« Reply #112 on: 23 Feb 2005, 11:17 »

I have several LPs sitting next to me right now that I won't be able to play till the weekend. They are:
Jack Rose-Opium Musick LP
16 Bitch Pile Up/Sword Heaven-Come Here Sandy split LP
Joanna Newsom-The Milk Eyed Mender LP (have got a burnt CD-R, tis very good indeed)

Probably get another package in the mail at the end of the week from midheaven, I blew my state refund on records. Not sure exactly what'll be in it as I think they ended up useing some of my alternate choices.

nickyandthefuture

• Curry sauce
    • http://www.bigorangecrayon.com
Latest album purchases
« Reply #113 on: 23 Feb 2005, 11:31 »

I just got Cat Spectacular! by http://www.bearsuit.co.uk">Bearsuit, which is totally awesome.
Blue or plain?
Sometimes orange.

ophelia_murklins

Latest album
« Reply #114 on: 23 Feb 2005, 11:32 »

Elegy, by the Nice- a birthday present for my dad.

Before that... well, I forget. I tend to wander down to my local vinyl shops every fortnight or so... and buy up all their cheap records (as a result, my collection is very cheap, and very strange)

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
Latest album purchases
« Reply #115 on: 23 Feb 2005, 13:43 »

I found 20 bucks 2 days ago in a pair of pants I havent washed (or worn) in months, so I bought a sandwich a super cheap copy of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by The Smashing Pumpkins. *Does happy dance*
I like the way you work it.

Akbar

Latest album purchases
« Reply #116 on: 23 Feb 2005, 15:56 »

Håkan Hellström - Ett Kolikbarns Bekännelser

MUAHAHA! FINALLY!

My preciousssssss....

*happyhappysadsad*

Felonious Gunk

Latest album purchases
« Reply #117 on: 23 Feb 2005, 18:38 »

Franz Ferdinand - Self-titled
Killers - Hot Fuss
Guns N Roses - Greatest Hits

When I bought GnR and opened the case, that really messed with me: the top of the CD looks all scratched.  I've listened to GnR since I was a young 'un, and any version Axl trys to put out nowadays is not the true thing to me.  Damn that man and his ego...

The Killers I bought on a whim.  I kind of liked 'Mr. Brightside' and 'Somebody Told Me'.  Is it just me, or did the entire CD sound 80's-inspired?  (Synth-heavy, etc.)

Franz Ferdinad I just bought, also on a whim.  Haven't had a chance to solidly listen to it yet, but sampling some of it on my way home, it sounded like a damn good band.

Quote from: CidHighwind
Rammstein-Mutter has quickly become one of the best albums Ive listened to. It is their best. There is not a single song on here that isnt either head-bang inducing (Links 2, 3, 4), or hauntingly beautiful (Sonne). They are now my 2nd favorite band. 5/5!

My sister got me into Rammstein by getting me Mutter for Xmas one year.  It and Sehnsucht are pretty kickass-CDs.  I've also got their single Amerika my newest mix CD.  A band like Rammstein's even better when you know German.  ^_~

playdoeateranon

Latest album purchases
« Reply #118 on: 23 Feb 2005, 18:42 »

I just bought the new Armor for Sleep CD. It's nice.

dagny

Latest album purchases
« Reply #119 on: 24 Feb 2005, 18:18 »

Kaki King - Legs to Make Us Longer (Ok.  This is a MUST own if you like solo guitar music or appreciate genius at all.)
Le Tigre - This Island (Definitely not as good as their other stuff, but it's still pretty rockin')
Catrin Finch & Karl Jenkins - Crossing the Stone  (It's harp music and very pretty.  She's talented.)
Moxy Fruvous - Video Bargainville (A classic.  But if you've never heard Moxy you should start with something like You Will Go To The Moon)

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
Latest album purchases
« Reply #120 on: 28 Feb 2005, 07:52 »

I just got the new album from The Boxer Rebellion.
I have a soft spot for them after I threw up on the drummer, and kind of wanted to like it out of sympathy, but it sounds like a third rate Kasabian.
Oh well.

Akbar

Latest album purchases
« Reply #121 on: 28 Feb 2005, 08:02 »

I'm contemplating whether I should buy Isis' Panopticon, or continue being a dirty download-scum who leeches of off all talented people.

On the other hand, that would mean parting with money. Money I don't have. Bloody CSN... *rawr*

Mnementh

Latest album purchases
« Reply #122 on: 28 Feb 2005, 08:21 »

Michael Martin Murphey - Cowboy Songs III: Rhymes of the Renagades
John Anderson - Greatest Hits

Kalyke

...o.O...
« Reply #123 on: 28 Feb 2005, 08:43 »

Death Cab for Cutie : Transatlanticism. Awe worthy. Beautiful...
and
3 Doors Down : Seventeen Days. ... Not sure about this
     Loved their first cd, liked their second, undecided on the third...

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
Latest album purchases
« Reply #124 on: 28 Feb 2005, 11:50 »

Just got my lush, special edition copy of Star One's 'Space Metal' album.

I have only one thing to say.

"Seven fighters! Navigators! INTERGALACTIC SPACE CRUSADERS!! Federation! Dictators! No Scruples, LETHAL TRAITORS!! Outriders! Invaders! INTERGALACTIC SPACE CRUSADERS!!"

*headbangs madly whilst air-guitaring and air-synthing insane prog-rock solos.*
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

Freezey

Latest album purchases
« Reply #125 on: 28 Feb 2005, 12:06 »

I got like four CDs in one day, but not on purpose. I had preordered one from Jade Tree records, and ordered another two from Lookout records quite a while ago. They both arrived on the same day, and I had purchased a CD that very day as well.

so...

Paint it Black - Paradise
Walking Concert - Run to be Born
Crimpshrine - Sound of a New World Being Born
Pinhead Gunpowder - Jump Salty

the second CD there, Walking Concert...theres quite a few songs on there that are catchier than syphillis at a back alley brothel.

m4cphisto

Latest album purchases
« Reply #126 on: 28 Feb 2005, 17:18 »

Quote from: mee-kay-la
The last album I bought was Led Zeppelin's How The West Was Won.
It's amazing. *hails teh mighty zep*

bows to jimmy page's m4d sk1llz, john bonam's bassiness, john paul jone's kick ass drumming and robert plant's......oversized balls

m4cphisto

Latest album purchases
« Reply #127 on: 28 Feb 2005, 17:19 »

foo fighters- the colour and the shape

El Opium

Here's how I spent my tax return
« Reply #128 on: 28 Feb 2005, 22:03 »

Jack Rose-Opium Musick LP
Its just a guy with an acoustic and no vocals but its so lovely. Really soothing stuff. Quite hard to describe.

Growing-The Skies Run Into the Sea DLP
These guys have kinda been my fave band lately. Their stuff is really soothing and otherworldy without drawing you into the realm of sleep and they get some rather interesting sounds out of mostly a guitar and bass. Their attempt at vocals on side three is rather diasastrous though. Otherwise lovely cept there seem to be a couple crackles on the vinyl from factory dust. Need to get something better to clean my records off.

Charalambides-Joy Shapes DLP
Another lovely somewhat gossammer record. Their singer Cristina Carter's vocals are quite beautiful. The music nonetheless has quite an un-nerving anxious quality to it that doesn't make this an entirely easy listen.

Skullflower-Exquisite Fucking Boredom CD
3 of the six tracks on this disk are re-workings of the first which is a 12 minute super-repetitive stoner drone riff but a most awesome one. This album is incredibly loud and pauseing it for a moment made the room sound strangely empty. The remaining two tracks are heavy cosmic excursions. I've actually found it difficult to listen to the last track as its so offputting in its frequencies despite being pretty resistant to noise.

16 Bitch Pile Up/Sword Heaven-Come Here Sandy LP
Was kinda bored by the Sword heaven side until it went all insane in a stifling despair manner. 16 Bitch Pile Up side is an OK live noise recording.

Scotty D

Yessir, tax return!
« Reply #129 on: 28 Feb 2005, 23:05 »

Just got the word on how much the Man owes me, so...

Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street 2LP
Sticky Fingers is my favorite from the Stones, but this follow up from '72 has got a lot of great blues covers, and there's a rough style to the tracks that I love so much more than their '60s sound.

The Modern Lovers - Self-titled LP
Great re-pressing I found of their debut album.  Jon Richman on lead might be recognizable as the melodic narrator from There's Something About Mary.  

The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird LP
You can't beat surf music.  Love these tunes, great for parties.  "Ahhh, well everybody's heard about the bird...ba-ba-ba-bird-bird-bird's the word"

Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of My Head
Couldn't pass it up, the groove is just too damn catchy.

daviesmatt

Latest album purchases
« Reply #130 on: 28 Feb 2005, 23:22 »

Last one I bought was the Mars Volta - Deloused in the comatorium.

Dont buy many albums, too poor - i just listen to stuff my dad buys. Lucky for  me, he has pretty good music taste.

Spencer

Latest album purchases
« Reply #131 on: 01 Mar 2005, 08:12 »

Tori Amos - The Beekeeper - Disappointingly mediocre, especially as a follow up to her very very good previous album "Scarlet's Walk". I've been a Tori fan for quite a while now, and Scarlet's gave me hope in her again, after a string of disappointing releases. That hope is now lost.

Ani Difranco - Knuckle Down - Very, very, very good. Nothing ground breaking in regards to Ani's musical evolution, but she's brought back a lot of great instrumentation (i.e - it's not just herplaying everything again, like on "Educated Guess"), creating a nice blend of sounds. Sorta like if "REvelling and Reckoning" made whoopie with "Evolve". Plus, this album features a guest musicial by the name of Andrew Bird on the Violin, Glockenspiel, and...Whistling. If you like Ani, you'll like this album. If you hate Ani, you'll still hate her.

And speaking of...

Andrew Bird - The Mysterious Production Of Eggs - Ok, so I haven't *technically* bought this yet. But I'm gonna! There's really only one word to describe it - Tremendous. I caught Bird opening for Ani a couple weeks ago and was just blown away. Imagine, if you would, that we are in Bizarro World. And in Bizarro World, Jeff Buckley is still alive. And ecclecticly weird, and....Happy. Well thats pretty much Bird. This album is a must listen for anyone who enjoys creativity and having a good time.

Open:Hand - You and Me - Anyone who knew me 3 years ago knows that the only things I ever talked about were drugs, parties, and Open:Hand. Well, I'm clean now, and I dont really go to the raves anymore, but Open:Hand has returned to my life after a near and total breakup (Justin Ishram, the creative force of the band, is the only original member remaining). True to form, the band continues on its musical evolution, and "You and Me" brings what will probably be Justin's defining record to the table. Open:Hand has developed into a solid, well rounded, emotionally charged rock band, with some really great song structures, blending straight up rock and roll with hints of pop, sludge, and "stoner rock". You can check out their video for "Tough Girl" on the Trustkill website - www.trustkill.com (but just a heads up, Trustkill is hardcore label, but if hardcore aint your thing, don't worry, Open:Hand is far from hardcore).

ASturge

Latest album purchases
« Reply #132 on: 01 Mar 2005, 08:53 »

ben folds 5, yeeee

czar0406

Latest album purchases
« Reply #133 on: 01 Mar 2005, 09:07 »

The Mars Volta - "Frances The Mute"  should be here soon.

mAlice aforeThought

Latest album purchases
« Reply #134 on: 01 Mar 2005, 10:35 »

this past week has been öne long splurge, so this will take awhile...

Busta Rhymes : the Best ov : Total Destruction
continuïng my journey into rap.  he's so much fun, and unlike most rappers he actually fucking enunciates.  it makes some ov his raps sound a bit awkward, but at least you can understand him.

Cabaret Voltaire : Radiation
it's cabaret voltaire; how can i possibly describe it?  the best i can do is, imagine if dada was a musickal rather than a visual thing.

Clint Mansell : Requiem for a Dream (Remixed)
this is what i'd wanted from the original--longish, coherent pieces.  all the bad things about the original have been done away with, plus there are some phat beats & riddims, yo.

Coil : Black Antlers
slightly disappointing, but still rather good. especially their cover ov 'all the pretty little horses.' so amazingly pretty.  some ov the programming on 'sex with sun ra' reminds me ov old-school cabaret voltaire.

the Cure : Live
assortment ov live recordings from the early '90s.  good stuff.  'the forest' goes on for almost nine minutes, with a new verse added during the end sequence.

the Cure : the Walk
live albumfrom 1984 = the cure near the tope ov their form.

Dälek : Absence
got it because ov people hearing saying they're yummy.  low-fi hip-hop with an industrial kit is for yes.

Dir en grey : ~~
the title is two japanese characters, but i don't speak japanese and i don't have a japanese language pack on this computer.  but anyway.  i got this (and all the other japanese CDs listed further down) at megacon this weekend, so i haven't gotten to listen to them much yet.  it's really good, but then, dir en grey's work always is.

Dir en grey : Vulgar
also very good.  better than the öne listed above, actually.  darker and more forceful.  it came with a DVD containing the video for 'vulgar.'  imagine marilyn manson at their most disturbing (video-wise, i mean; their visuals are üsually more disturbing than their lyrics; same for dir en grey).  now make it a bit more disturbing.  throw in a demonic geisha girl.  my god, it's amazing.  i took 11 screenshots from it for üse as desktops.  it's that good.

Faith Massive : Drum & Bass for the Masses
this wasn't actually a new purchase; i've had it for years but turned it up just last week.  christian drum & bass.  pretty good stuff overall.

Gackt : Last Song
very pretty, but not quite what i'd wanted.  either his newer work has toned down a fair bit fromwhat i've heard, or mymemory deceives me.

Gracious Shades : Aberkash
industrial with angst instead ov just pissiness.  good stuff.

Malice Mizer : Garnet ~~~~~~~
good, but not all i'd expected.  they get too much hype just because they're so goddamned cute.

Missy Misdemeanor Elliott : Miss E...So Adictive
disappointing.  i only like about a quarter ov the album.  i never knew she did so much R&B; i pretty much only like her morerap-oriënted stuff.

Moi dix Mois : Dialogue Symphonie
another band run by mana (from malice mizer).  where malice mizer disappointed me, moi dix mois blew me away.  they're fucking amazing.

Moi dix Mois : Nocturnal Opera
oh.  my.  god.  harpsichord-synth, occasional violin...hell, everything about this album is wonderful.  the visuals are a bit melodramatic, but oh well.  the guys are all hot and anyway they've got the talent to back up their over-the-top visuals.

Portishead : Dummy
i finally decided to get myself a portishead collection.  i can't possibly do them justice with a description.

Portishead : Portishead
even better than dummy.  complete and total droolage.

Portishead : Sour Times (Nobody Loves Me)
quirky as hell.  the remixes are all named like B-sides, and their's an extra remix stuck on the end ov the third track.  the musick, though, is yummy as always.

Shadow : Hard Sessions
deep drum & bass compilation.  yummy stuff overall, but droid are disappointing.  they have a good concept in theory, but öne that really noöne could make work.

Shadow : Hard Sessions 2
not as good as the first öne.  still good, though.

Sigur Rós : Agætis Byrjun
not quite as good as the self-titled, but it's still absolutely beautiful, so that's really splitting hairs.

Tori Amos : More Pink
collection ov B-sides from her first two albums.  good stuff on here, but nothing spectacular (with the possible exception ov 'sugar.'  anyöne who does not like 'sugar' lacks ears, a heart, and probably a soul as well).

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
Latest album purchases
« Reply #135 on: 01 Mar 2005, 10:54 »

last album I bought was Nattefrost's 'true primitive narrow-minded black metal' masterpiece and "quite possibly the best album in the world"(from the back of the jewel-case) Blood and Vomit. my favorite song is the one where nattefrost pukes for a full minute and ten seconds.
also israel

Praeserpium Machinarum

Latest album purchases
« Reply #136 on: 01 Mar 2005, 13:15 »

that sounds very...odd and disgusting

anyway I hope to get Sonic Youth-EVOL cheap soon..

Cpt.Fantastic

Latest album purchases
« Reply #137 on: 01 Mar 2005, 14:04 »

bows to jimmy page's m4d sk1llz, john bonam's bassiness, john paul jone's kick ass drumming and robert plant's......oversized balls

m4cphisto;

Riiiiight then... as a Led Zep fan I take offence to your general ignorance
John Bonham = DRUMMER
John Paul Jones = BASSIST
Maybe you were just drunk or tired when you wrote this, in that case I apologise.

AAAAAANYWAY...

Mine was Echoes, The Best Of by Pink Floyd (£9.77 in Tesco, that's rock!)

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
Latest album purchases
« Reply #138 on: 01 Mar 2005, 14:04 »

Quote from: Freezey

Pinhead Gunpowder - Jump Salty.

Oh God. I hate this cd so much. I used to write reviews for a punk website and I had to review this record. My ears bled for days.  No offense....I just really hated it.

My last purchase however was Queens of the Stone Ages'  Rated R. For lack of a better word: hawt.
I like the way you work it.

Freezey

Latest album purchases
« Reply #139 on: 01 Mar 2005, 15:42 »

I don't know. I really like all the other Pinhead releases I have but Jump Salty is easilly the worst one so far. It has some quality tracks, but the other singer...Mike whatshisname. His voice is dreadful, it totally ruins some songs.

Cadete

Latest album purchases
« Reply #140 on: 02 Mar 2005, 12:09 »

I bought "In a safe place" from Album Leaf. It was a toss up between this one, ( ) from Sigur Ros and Nurse from Sonic Youth. Album Leaf won because my bank account is lower than I tought and it was the cheapest.

I'm still getting into this kind of music and so it's hard to compare to other bands. I'm also not very profficient with adjectives, so I'll just say it sounds good, with a tempo that picks up, but doesn't get too fast. It uses a tad too much sintethisers at certain parts, thought, nothing ugly, but it could be backed down one notch for some songs.

Spencer

Latest album purchases
« Reply #141 on: 05 Mar 2005, 17:52 »

Quote from: mAlice aforeThought

Tori Amos : More Pink
anyöne who does not like 'sugar' lacks ears, a heart, and probably a soul as well).

This is what we in the "science business" call a correct statement.

Sugar is for yes.

Matheryoo

Latest album purchases
« Reply #142 on: 06 Mar 2005, 03:58 »

I bought Bright Eyes - Lifted or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground

dancarter

• Curry sauce
    • http://dancarter.deviantart.com
Latest album purchases
« Reply #143 on: 06 Mar 2005, 09:22 »

i love gift certificates.  here is what they got me:

haujobb - ninetynine
curve - come clean
tapping the vein - the damage
sunday munich - pneuma

mAlice aforeThought

Latest album purchases
« Reply #144 on: 06 Mar 2005, 09:26 »

Quote from: dancarter
i love gift certificates.  here is what they got me:

haujobb - ninetynine
curve - come clean
tapping the vein - the damage
sunday munich - pneuma

you have good taste.  i think i like you.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
Latest album purchases
« Reply #145 on: 06 Mar 2005, 11:10 »

Quote from: Trollstormur
last album I bought was Nattefrost's 'true primitive narrow-minded black metal' masterpiece and "quite possibly the best album in the world"(from the back of the jewel-case) Blood and Vomit. my favorite song is the one where nattefrost pukes for a full minute and ten seconds.

Is it actually any good? The only Nattefrost I've heard is 'Sluts of Hell' which was on Fenriz's Old School BM compilation. It sounded ok, but didn't particularly inspire me to get anymore, I was kinda dissapointed that he turned down the rock and roll groove (I do looooove Carpathian Forest), but I liked the punkiness.

Anyway, today I bought:

Vital Remains-Let Us Pray

A mixed record. Some cool riffs and nice grooves, but gets pretty dull in places. Plodding death metal bores me. Still, it was only six quid. Hooray for Peaceville!

Discordance Axis-Original Sound Version

A monsterous release, containing the bands first album (Ulterior) plus unreleased studio and bonus tracks from that session, their half of their splits with Hellchild, Capitalist Casualties and Cosmic Curse, A whole live concert (Live at CBGB) and some tracks from their concert supporting Hellchild in Tokyo, and their first rehearsal tape. Apart from the rehearsal tape (which sounds somewhat like a vicious fight between a vacuum cleaner and a drumkit at the bottom of a distant lake) the CD is pretty damn nice grind, with some nice little artsy/experimental touches. The Live at CBGB recording, which comes as one huge nineteen minute track and has a guest appearance from Seth Putnam, is almost worth the 13 quid I payed for it alone.

Jooooosh

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Latest album purchases
« Reply #146 on: 06 Mar 2005, 11:12 »

I haven't bought an album in a loooooong time, but i want to go get a Mogwai or Broken Social Scene CD/
fast-food for thought

suburbiac

Latest album purchases
« Reply #147 on: 06 Mar 2005, 14:58 »

Futureheads self-titled.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
Latest album purchases
« Reply #148 on: 06 Mar 2005, 15:23 »

kettcar - von spatzen und tauben, dächern und händen.
it's so new i didn't even recieve it yet. but i ordered it yesterday.
release date is march 07 by the way. wooo :)

ayePod

Latest album purchases
« Reply #149 on: 07 Mar 2005, 09:04 »

On Saturday I came into the posession of the original Rocky Horror Picture Show vinyl and a live Ray Charles vinyl which is amazingly good. I also bought my friends bands 6 track which is not too shabby.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29   Go Up