THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 09:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Share your local band  (Read 25766 times)

Signum_Tenebrae

Share your local band
« Reply #50 on: 12 Apr 2005, 22:33 »

Averse Sefira  (www.aversesefira.com)

Chaotic black-metal with lyrics revolving around Kabbalah mythology.  I actually had the pleasure of seeing their last show ever here in Texas last weekend.  Was quite an experience.

QC_fan

Share your local band
« Reply #51 on: 13 Apr 2005, 01:34 »

http://www.nosingalinput.co.uk - this is a forum for one of my favourite local bands as well

Battle for 13th are a awsome local band and InWithTheOutlaws as well

Inwiththeoutlaws (with 2 other bands) are playing tonight and im going to see them play Live in a pub called The Sportsman Inn

Katili

Share your local band
« Reply #52 on: 13 Apr 2005, 01:39 »

There was a band at my college.. not sure if they are still around.. called Idiosyncracy.. and I know there's one around now called RhythmicCoughing...

Also, one of my friends who actually lives about 300 miles away (so not that local at all) is in a band called Awkward.

QC_fan

Share your local band
« Reply #53 on: 14 Apr 2005, 12:00 »

OMG....last night was soooo awsome....where the band was (in front of them) me and alot of people was pushing each other and moshing as well...it was sooo awsome

daneford

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Share your local band
« Reply #55 on: 14 Apr 2005, 15:48 »

Quote from: QC_fan
OMG....last night was soooo awsome....where the band was (in front of them) me and alot of people was pushing each other and moshing as well...it was sooo awsome

I have no idea what you just said or what band you speak.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Oerdin

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Share your local band
« Reply #56 on: 14 Apr 2005, 19:41 »

Quote from: thought.bubble.says
Doris Henson is an amazing KC area band. Think Bowie, GVB, Talking Heads, and Neutral Milk Hotel. I have a feeling i'm going to say "i've seen them play to about 15 people in a dive bar, and now i can't get a ticket" They are about to tour too, check 'em out.

OK, I'm leaving in about 20 minutes to go check this band out.  I'll have a report when I come back.  ;)

Patatat

Share your local band
« Reply #57 on: 14 Apr 2005, 20:02 »

www.myspace.com/vanzetti

You better fuckin' give them a listen or I will eat your babies soul.

True Story.

QC_fan

Share your local band
« Reply #58 on: 15 Apr 2005, 08:23 »

Quote from: Kai

I have no idea what you just said or what band you speak.

The bad im speaking of was called Outspoken (with a 13year old Guitarist)
Sorry...i mean...the people in front of the band was moshing and getting pushed around
sorry...

Spencer

Share your local band
« Reply #59 on: 15 Apr 2005, 08:31 »

Quote from: leave_me_icarus
you forgot Via Satellite! [i'm not from SD, but i love VS]

Ah, yes, Via Sateillite is pretty good. I saw them at The Casbah once i believe.

The Singer for Reeve Oliver (Sean O'Donnell) Sings solo at the bar I go to every monday. I definitly prefer him solo over the reeve oliver stuff.

Another SD band I really dig that I forgot to mention is Square Circle. Really funky electronica/hip hoppy stuff, definitly worth checking out.

Robbo

Share your local band
« Reply #60 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:09 »

Not technically local, but.... Devil Sold His Soul, Hardcore stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/devilsoldhissoul

I claim local because the bass player is my mate, and he's on my Physics course and in the same halls as me at uni.

QC_fan

Share your local band
« Reply #61 on: 19 Apr 2005, 01:37 »

Red Method are playing on Wednesday Night and im going to see them Live in a pub called "The Sportsman Inn"
They are a great emo band :D (if you dont like emo...thats ok :D )

mooface

Share your local band
« Reply #62 on: 19 Apr 2005, 17:19 »

Caprice* - Pop-Punk very fun to listen to.  I've known two of the guys since kindergarten, and one of them since middle school. All are very cool kids.

Kodiak Arrest - Pop-Punk as well, I know a couple guys in there who are really cool.

Skapegoat - Hardcore, our best local band.  Really talented.

The Adventures of Miles Hatchett and the Phunk Phiends - Category?  No idea they are just INSANE.  Two of my friends are in there and they are some wacky kids.

Altermind - Same two of my friends are in this band from Miles Hatchett.  This band is pretty crazy too, although more subdued.

Druid

Share your local band
« Reply #63 on: 19 Apr 2005, 17:25 »

The Kickin' Wookies - I'm not sure how to describe them. http://www.kickinwookies.com

The Revolt - Old School punkers http://www.revoltpunks.com

dontstaylong

Share your local band
« Reply #64 on: 20 Apr 2005, 06:46 »

i'm in murfreesboro, TN... got a pretty good music scene.

The Features: album just came out on Universal, GO BUY IT.  it'll rock your ass... or at least go to the website and watch the video for "a million ways to sing the blues".  the guitar hook will make you dance your ass off.

Imaginary Baseball League: Great band.  just great stuff.

Slack: just got signed to Century Media... balls-out rock.  

um.. and a bunch of other bands.  hey here's mine.

Akbar

Share your local band
« Reply #65 on: 20 Apr 2005, 10:55 »

Movement: http://www.movement1.com/

They've got a few pretty nice mp3 tracks on that website, check it out. I've seen them live a few times and they did really well in my opinion. They're a million times louder live as well, I might add.

OtterErotic

Share your local band
« Reply #66 on: 20 Apr 2005, 12:20 »

Providence!

Black Forest Black Sea - A "freefolk" band with processed cello and guitar, really pretty vocals, interesting use of noise.  Local heroes, I tells ya, and deservedly so.

Lucky Dragons - Really great electro.  His releases aren't quite up to par with his amazing live performances, but are pretty damned stellar nonetheless.

Urdog - Nifty organ-driven psych.

Also, I could not let this thread pass without plugging two bands I play in:

Get Him Eat Him - New wave-y indie rock, I guess.  We're on Absolutely Kosher and play a buncha shows.

Lame Drivers - Awesome rock and roll songs.  I play drums (poorly).

Donut

Share your local band
« Reply #67 on: 20 Apr 2005, 12:51 »

I am hesitant to post, since many here do not like the type of rock that I often listen to, but here I go anyways.

The Sound and the Fury

They were local, but now they're regional, and it would not be a surprise if they were to go national here in the next few years.  They play good ole' hard rock music, with a slight touch of folk and blues to some of their songs.

Moniker

Similer in style to TSatF, though they are a younger band.  They also seem to draw a bit more influence from Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots style of bands, but that is not all they are restricted to.  If they stick through the rough first few years, they just might be able to make it big.  They definitely have the talent.

The Lonely

Even compared to my previous listings, these guys are pretty dang hard.  They have a more industrial/techno sound.  To get an impression of their sound, imagine a band with elements of Orgy, Nine Inch Nails, Manson, and Skinny Puppy.  I know the majority of you here probably won't be able to stand to even listen them, but for the minority of you that like the harder stuff, you just might enjoy this.

Spark

Share your local band
« Reply #68 on: 20 Apr 2005, 19:46 »

There is only one local band I actually listen to. Just released their first album, which I might add is stellar. For two of the songs go here: http://www.purevolume.com/subrosaca

They don't seem to update their website much, but it seems a new one is in progress: http://www.subrosatheband.com/

And I might add their name i suppose, Subrosa

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Share your local band
« Reply #69 on: 20 Apr 2005, 19:57 »

Sylvie is teh sex.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Oerdin

Share your local band
« Reply #70 on: 20 Apr 2005, 21:09 »

These guys are ancient now and not really cool but I still like Unwritten Law's old stuff from their pre-sellout days.

http://www.unwrittenlaw.com/

The Mighty Mopdecai

A good friend of ours
« Reply #71 on: 21 Apr 2005, 08:02 »

A good friend of me and my brother Matt Johnston
http://www.mattjohnston.co.uk/

Also I just bought a new guitar so I'm going to find him now to see if he can tune it properly

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Share your local band
« Reply #72 on: 21 Apr 2005, 14:59 »

Wow. A band that has a member who can't tune his guitar properly. Maybe you should get a pitch pipe or a tuner, works wonders.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Oerdin

Share your local band
« Reply #73 on: 25 May 2005, 03:19 »

I've been listening to a bunch of Three Mile Pilot which is a great band out of San Diego.

Mia Doi Todd isn't exactly local (she's a Vietnamese American from LA who married a white guy thus here unusual name) but I really like her Come Out of Your Mine album is really good.  Download her "Digital, version 2.2" HERE.

sp2

Share your local band
« Reply #74 on: 25 May 2005, 03:44 »

Devotchka.

Hatebunny

Share your local band
« Reply #75 on: 25 May 2005, 08:51 »

...Only local band around here is me....unless you want me to unload folk-country by 50 year olds who smoke up on you.

MY link is in my signature, I think.

LightThievesAll

• Obscure cultural reference
    • http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~ajohnsto
Everybody needs to believe in something.  I believe I'll have another beer.

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
Share your local band
« Reply #77 on: 25 May 2005, 17:18 »

Quote from: dontstaylong

The Features: album just came out on Universal, GO BUY IT.  it'll rock your ass... or at least go to the website and watch the video for "a million ways to sing the blues".  the guitar hook will make you dance your ass off.

I completely missed that post! I have that album and love it rather a lot - my copy came packaged in an evidence bag, which rather excited me.

ryanjnelson

Share your local band
« Reply #78 on: 01 Jun 2005, 13:25 »

mechorg

Share your local band
« Reply #79 on: 01 Jun 2005, 14:54 »

Here's my friends band:

Awesome Car Funmaker

I've mentioned them before, but I figured I'd bring it up again.  They will be going on a tour in New England and Canada coming up.  I'll urge you to check them out if they come around.  They are a very high energy band when playing live and will have an EP coming out very soon as well.

Jeridus

Share your local band
« Reply #80 on: 01 Jun 2005, 19:09 »

Welllllll... ... technically Sum 41 is local, but I'm not even gonna go there...

For sures it has to be Protest The Hero... they're a politically driven hardcore punk band from Whitby Ontario... ... which is about as local as it gets for me...

They've got a 7" (Search For The Truth, i think) out, as well as an EP (A Calculated Use of Sound), and they have an album coming out this summer apparently... kick ass music

Merkava

Share your local band
« Reply #81 on: 01 Jun 2005, 19:26 »

I'm a tad young to be out going to the middle of DC for concerts and gathering info for bands, but I know that Nation of Ulysses, The Make-Up, The D Plan, and Fugazi all came from where I live. XP

My friend's a local afficianato, so mabe he has some stuff to share.

Bazz

Share your local band
« Reply #82 on: 01 Jun 2005, 19:31 »

RubyQ - Pop/Funk/Opera/Triphop-band
2nd Place Driver Electro-Rock band with balls.
F.R.E.U.D. Funky nu-metal band in the good sense of the word.
Linked Breakcore with a punk attitude.

And I could give you loads of links but we just got too much bands in Tilburg. That's what happens when you have a Rock Academy.[/url]

daysweregolden

Share your local band
« Reply #83 on: 02 Jun 2005, 01:43 »

my disco

theyre form my hometown of melbourne australia, my personal favourite australian band - angular punk rock sort of stuff ala shellac maybe MAYBE but not at all, pretty awesome you can odwnload an mp3 of the first song on their 10" at www.crashingjets.com

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
Share your local band
« Reply #84 on: 02 Jun 2005, 01:53 »

I downloaded that My Disco track from there a little while ago, it's good stuff.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up