THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 06:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Guild Wars (Official thread)  (Read 72032 times)

StarMinion1

• Plantmonster
Guild Wars (Official thread)
« Reply #150 on: 15 Mar 2006, 13:07 »

Blood of the Master
Sorim (Quarrel Falls)

Animate Bone Fiend
Bartoch (Droknar’s Forge)

Although, I'd recomend doing the skill quests.... (Try this site for quest help)

Fabio

« Reply #151 on: 16 Mar 2006, 08:44 »

If anyone needs help from a ranger who's finished the game with green weaponry and the best armour in the game, add Varlo Marine , then if i'm on i'll be glad to help you.

Heck, if you really stuck PM me on here :p

Jedit

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #152 on: 23 Mar 2006, 02:36 »

Quote from: est
I got bored with this a while back, but now I'm all kinds of curious about it again.  I might check it out again soon to see what's happening with it.

Lots.  I don't know when you quit, but since the game began we've had two new, big PvE areas added (Grenth's Footprint/Sorrow's Furnace and the new Tombs of the Primeval Kings) plus a whole bunch of funky new items.
Warning - while you were typing 14 new replies have been posted. Empires have risen and fallen. New species have evolved, and they too have invented webcomics. You may wish to review your post.

nihilist

« Reply #153 on: 23 Mar 2006, 06:24 »

I need to find some damn time to play this.  I still haven't finished the island missions.  Need to finish before Factions.  Hurr!

The Cosmic Fool

« Reply #154 on: 23 Mar 2006, 09:26 »

I got to about Yak's Bend with a W/Mo and it just became repetitive. I'm beginning to believe that it's more like a D2 copy than what it was suppose to be.

nihilist

« Reply #155 on: 23 Mar 2006, 09:49 »

The first half of the game isn't all that enjoyable; it's when you get to the jungle, then the desert, that things become interesting.  Especially when you toss in the elite skills...

The Cosmic Fool

« Reply #156 on: 23 Mar 2006, 09:54 »

Yeah, but since my friends stopped playing, I really have no desire to go past Yak's Bend. Even with a full set of henchies it is painful to get through there.

nihilist

« Reply #157 on: 23 Mar 2006, 10:00 »

Hahaha, hard!  Good joke.

I can help you out, if you want.

Symp

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #158 on: 05 Apr 2006, 23:01 »

I was looking into getting this (yes, I know I'm a year late).

Is there going to be another price drop soon?

Or should I just not bother with the original at all, and just get factions when it comes out?
Saying sorry isn't an excuse when you do something stupid on purpose

Jedit

« Reply #159 on: 06 Apr 2006, 00:59 »

Quote from: Symp

Unlikely.  Price has metastasised at £17.99 in the UK and around $30 in the US.

Or should I just not bother with the original at all, and just get factions when it comes out?  

Nothing's stopping you just getting Factions, and you can always buy the original later and add it to your account if you want the extra content.  I think it's going to be better value buying GW and then Factions, as you probably won't want to play the large amount of low-end content in GW after doing the high-end stuff in GW:F.  OTOH, if you buy Factions first you'll have access to all eight professions instead of just six.  Swings and roundabouts, do as you will.
Warning - while you were typing 14 new replies have been posted. Empires have risen and fallen. New species have evolved, and they too have invented webcomics. You may wish to review your post.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #160 on: 06 Apr 2006, 07:25 »

Get the original first, then get Factions later this month/year. You really should do the low end before the high end stuff.

Jedit

« Reply #161 on: 06 Apr 2006, 09:09 »

Quote from: ramenXnoodles
Get the original first, then get Factions later this month/year. You really should do the low end before the high end stuff.

Factions does have its low end stuff.  However, it's designed to ramp you up to level 20 quite quickly (which is why the quests now showing up in LA have such big XP rewards - so people can cross over more readily).

nihilist

« Reply #162 on: 06 Apr 2006, 09:29 »

Hey guys...  I'm trying to get a solid team of eight for this evening to do some fun in the Hero's Ascent.  We've got about five right now, but more == merrier.

Symp

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #163 on: 06 Apr 2006, 13:05 »

Quote from: Jedit

Can you please tell me where to find it at $30 in the US, I can't find it for that cheap anywhere.
Saying sorry isn't an excuse when you do something stupid on purpose

Jedit

« Reply #164 on: 06 Apr 2006, 14:47 »

Can you please tell me where to find it at $30 in the US, I can't find it for that cheap anywhere.

Sorry, I don't know US sellers so I can't run a search.  I've just heard that it's selling at that price.  

One word of advice, though - don't buy a used copy.  It's worthless as the key can only be used once, and even if by chance you get the account passcode you'll be banned for violation of the EULA if caught.

nihilist

« Reply #165 on: 06 Apr 2006, 15:17 »

Wow, enough with quoting the person right above you.  C'mon.

I've seen GW for $49.95 (CDN), with Factions going for about $60-70.

Jedit

« Reply #166 on: 06 Apr 2006, 15:25 »

Quote from: nihilist
Wow, enough with quoting the person right above you.  C'mon.

Sorry; it's a habit I've acquired on busier boards where the chances of someone posting while you're composing are much greater.  I don't want to lose the habit either, so as not to get screwed up on those boards, but I'll strive to keep it to the absolute minimum needed for context.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #167 on: 06 Apr 2006, 18:05 »

Fuck, I'd do heroes with you guys but I can't tonight.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #168 on: 07 Apr 2006, 17:37 »

I've just got to Lion's Arch... I hated the post-searing look of ascalon, and I'm currently a Lvl 15 Elementalist/Monk (yes the abbreviation for that is E/Mo, numerous people have mentioned that...)

If anyone who is new to the game needs some help, I'm more than willing... :D
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Jedit

« Reply #169 on: 08 Apr 2006, 03:00 »

Quote from: PrincessofBlackness
I've just got to Lion's Arch... I hated the post-searing look of ascalon, and I'm currently a Lvl 15 Elementalist/Monk (yes the abbreviation for that is E/Mo, numerous people have mentioned that...)

If anyone who is new to the game needs some help, I'm more than willing... :D

<grins evilly>

If you've only just got a lvl15 E/Mo to LA, you're new to the game.

I have lvl20 toons at all stages of the game, and I also have a bunch of junk I don't need.  Add Sergeant Angua to your friends list, and whisper me some time.  Help and slightly janky items will be supplied.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #170 on: 08 Apr 2006, 23:22 »

I'm at the desert! Fuck yeah!
I'm level 16. I should be 20 by the time I ascend.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #171 on: 09 Apr 2006, 16:05 »

Can anyone help me with the desert missions? I got Elona done.

Jedit

« Reply #172 on: 10 Apr 2006, 03:31 »

Can anyone help me with the desert missions? I got Elona done.

Good for you - a lot of people get stuck on Elona because they have no clue.

Dunes of Despair is trivially easy.  Just do it with henchmen.  Ignore the Siege Wurms, stay close to the Hero and keep an eye out - no worries.

Thirsty River can be tough if you don't know what you're doing, but with a semi-decent party it's not too hard.  The trick is to time your runs, and to kill the bosses in the right order.  

In the second area (the one with two bosses), run straight ahead at the start - nobody go right or aggro any packs there.  Kill the pack outside, then go into the Temple and take out the Priest.  Once he's dead the rest of the pack won't respawn, so get everyone inside the temple and kill the bad guys.  Then head outside and wait for a time 15 seconds before a two-minute breakpoint (1:45, 3:45 etc).  Timed right, you won't kill an enemy before the clock rolls over the breakpoint and so you'll have two full minutes to wipe out the guards and the Priest.

The last area has three bosses, which is tougher but oddly also easier.  As soon as you start, turn right and run the entire party straight into the first Temple - ignore the guards.  Kill the Priest, then hole up in the Temple killing things.  After that it's the same as before - wait for 2x+1:45, then charge into the Temple and kill the Priest.

The last boss is tricker, because he's a Monk boss.  Kill the party of guards outside, then head into the Temple.  This time, though, you want to have some of the party attack the boss instead of all piling on the Priest.  You do this to make the boss heal himself instead of the Priest, making it easier to kill the Priest.  Once the Priest is dead, kill the boss.

Also, if you're a Ranger, Warrior or a Monk you should bring a Signet of Capture on this mission.  The Mesmer and Necro elites are naff and the Ele elite has been nerfed, but Word of Healing is the single best healing spell in the game and the Warrior and Ranger elites are both excellent energy management skills.

Kukushka

« Reply #173 on: 10 Apr 2006, 08:58 »

I bought Guild Wars when it first came out (preordered, too!). We got two copies so that the man and I could play together. That lasted about a week then we both got crazy bored of it. Maybe I didn't really give it a chance, I don't know. I just really didn't like it at all.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #174 on: 13 Apr 2006, 22:20 »

I ascended and am now in Droks.

Anyone want to maybe loan me 12.5k?

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #175 on: 14 Apr 2006, 15:55 »

Got to lvl 20 on my N/Mo, got bored.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #176 on: 14 Apr 2006, 18:38 »

I have 1 piece of Droks armor.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #177 on: 15 Apr 2006, 07:21 »

Argh, I bought this game from a friend and he lost his username, so I've been waiting for like a week and a half for account support to send him his username and for him to send it to me.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #178 on: 16 Apr 2006, 02:52 »

damn, that sucks... i'm nearly lvl 20, and am waiting to do Sanctum Cay, then off to the desert for me!

Jedit

« Reply #179 on: 16 Apr 2006, 03:34 »

Quote from: ironoxide887
Argh, I bought this game from a friend and he lost his username,

He lost his user name?  That's pretty damn impressive, given that it's his e-mail address.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #180 on: 16 Apr 2006, 13:55 »

I am accepting donations of anything.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #181 on: 18 Apr 2006, 16:09 »

Quote from: ironoxide887
Argh, I bought this game from a friend and he lost his username,

He lost his user name?  That's pretty damn impressive, given that it's his e-mail address.

He got a new one and couldn't remember the old one.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #182 on: 22 Apr 2006, 07:29 »

Error Code=005.

Nasty piece of work, have sent enquiry to Tech Support. Anyone else had same problem before? I can log in, and view my characters, but i cannot play, shame too, cause Europe has favour.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #183 on: 22 Apr 2006, 15:04 »

What's it say?

Come to the US servers and play with us.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #184 on: 22 Apr 2006, 15:12 »

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #185 on: 22 Apr 2006, 19:06 »

Thankyou, although i found out what the problem was. Although all my virus and antispyware etc was all configured for GW, when Zone Alarm updated it set its internet security to the highest level, so my computer was in "stealh mode". I had to drop it back down to medium so that my computer could be seen. YAY GW!

Jedit

« Reply #186 on: 23 Apr 2006, 01:14 »

ramen, can you please shorten that link so as not to totally fuck up the display?  Thank you.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #187 on: 23 Apr 2006, 08:42 »

Fixed.

Fabio

« Reply #188 on: 29 Apr 2006, 01:45 »

Factions out now who has it??

Also my guild is recruiting if anyone is interested we want to start PvP!

IGN: Varlo Marine, add it to friends ;) because i may be using another character

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #189 on: 29 Apr 2006, 17:08 »

God, it was hell trying to get stuff from traders yesterday.

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #190 on: 30 Apr 2006, 16:09 »

I got to DWC (place right outside of Sorrow's Furnace instance) today.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #191 on: 30 Apr 2006, 23:34 »

Deldrimor War Camp, took me ages to get there. But i am having fun, being the only one in my guild to finish all the Ring of Fire missions. If anyone want some help with those my character name is Ayniah Firnath...

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #192 on: 03 May 2006, 18:35 »

I need to do Iron Mines, Thunderhead, Ring of Fire, Abbadons Mouth and Hell's Precpice.

I'm thinking of going to SF this weekend. How hard is it?

Jedit

« Reply #193 on: 04 May 2006, 02:21 »

I'm thinking of going to SF this weekend. How hard is it?

A lot harder now they took out the gear trick.  Still, a good balanced party shouldn't have much trouble.

nihilist

« Reply #194 on: 04 May 2006, 07:21 »

I so need time to play games...

Fabio

« Reply #195 on: 05 May 2006, 03:35 »

Are all of you guys in a guild, my guild is recruiting if you're not ;)

Venna varini / Varlo marine

contact me if you're interested :p

or just say here...

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #196 on: 05 May 2006, 15:36 »

I'm thinking of joining the Penny Arcade guild. It seems active.

Fabio

« Reply #197 on: 09 May 2006, 06:54 »

BAH! join the celtics in al their glorrry!!

Still if anyone needshelp i'm here :D been everywhere really so anything really :)

By the way do you know what faction That penny arcade guild is going to be?

What are your IGNs? ( in game names)

We will quest, ooo and have any of you heard of the 55 monks i have one :)

ramenXnoodles

« Reply #198 on: 09 May 2006, 19:09 »

Fabio: We're Kurziuks. IGNs are Lol Emo Goth, Kid Zero and iforgothelastone.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #199 on: 10 May 2006, 00:47 »

55hp monks are pretty awesome, i have been getting them to power level my SS necro lately. You can also make a 55hp invincimentalist (55hp elementalist) build. That is also pretty awesome. :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up