THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 02:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Bands you severely regret having ever liked  (Read 25929 times)

ASturge

Bands you severely regret having ever liked
« Reply #50 on: 15 May 2005, 13:51 »

I've loved pretty much all the Girls Aloud singles.

Its good synthpop!

blindsuperhero

« Reply #51 on: 15 May 2005, 13:54 »

Do you regret liking them now?

ASturge

« Reply #52 on: 15 May 2005, 14:00 »

erm......

YES, I SURE DO!!!

Schmung

« Reply #53 on: 15 May 2005, 14:03 »

Quote from: blindsuperhero
Stereophonics, much like Oasis, started well, and progressively declined from there

I shall have to agree with that. The first album was awesome. The second, decent. The rest has been been pretty much cack, with the odd moment of decency. Maybe tomorrow for instance, was really rather good, Dakota however, is really rather bad.

Aphi

« Reply #54 on: 15 May 2005, 14:30 »

Quote from: Schmendrick
*sigh* Hanson

You know I forgot they existed 'till you reminded me? Weren't they the blonde kids, with the young one who you could swear was a girl?

=laughs= I totally forgot!

Oh, and on the subject of the Cardigans..
=le blush= Well, I was about eight or ten at the time(or at least had the /mentality/ of an eight or ten year old), so the only Cardigans song I'd /ever/ heard was "love fool". =smiles ruefully= Thanks a /lot/, folks, now you're making me want to go look at the rest of the stuff.

=is anticipating a quite large dent in her wallet in the near future=

laeta.asinus

« Reply #55 on: 15 May 2005, 14:42 »

Alexisonfire... but I still love 'em. God, you can't resist those cute tortured emocore boys... Dallas Green... : )

laeta.asinus

« Reply #56 on: 15 May 2005, 14:44 »

Oh. Even more embarassing - I used to worship the likes of Sum41 and Treble Charger. Not anymore, though... thankfully.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #57 on: 15 May 2005, 15:11 »

Same, although I don't regret liking Sum 41. New album is pretty rawk.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Freezey

« Reply #58 on: 15 May 2005, 19:41 »

Pretty generic stuff here...blink, sum 41, the like. I can also remember enjoying "SR-71", although their album sucked ass save for about four songs.  I'm sure you remember that "why do you always kick me when I'm high" song.

I think those'd be the only ones I could say I "regret"- I may not enjoy bands like offspring or treblecharger today(actually TC has a few good songs if you dig around enough...specifically on "Maybe it's Me"), but I don't really regret listening to them.

Revenge_Therapist

« Reply #59 on: 16 May 2005, 08:00 »

Pearl Jam, they became worse and worse. Really the whole slow steady decilne made their first two albums not worth it.

sXeSamurai

« Reply #60 on: 16 May 2005, 08:14 »

I regret worshiping the likes of My Chemical Romance (shakes fist in agony/passion), The USed, and LetterKill. Good damn thats almost embarissing as the fact that I own every single Linkin Park album, including the Jay Z crossover.(I have it on vinyl)

Gypsy

« Reply #61 on: 16 May 2005, 09:52 »

Nelson.  But, but, they were cute!  And there was one for me and one for my best friend.  And they drove 65 Mustangs!  and, and, yeah.  I'm a dork.

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #62 on: 16 May 2005, 12:09 »

I don't know if this is a regret, but I saw Busted a couple of years ago at one of our local Party in the Park things, and they were great, and we all danced...
BUT
 today I got an e-mail confirming that I get to do a phone interview with Charlie Simpson from said band, now better known for the slightly less credible Fightstar, and I sort of squealed with excitement and bounced round the house in sheer jubilation...
I think this means I liked them more than I ever admitted to myself.
But seriously, Charlie. From Busted.
How could anyone not be excited?

I'll just wave goodbye to any inkling of credibilty I may have once imagined having.

BehringerBoy

« Reply #63 on: 16 May 2005, 13:08 »

iŽll have to admit that i used to like both eminem and sum41. man, i hate them so bad.

REMEMBER: i was 11-12 at the time! it wasnŽt my foult that i liked them. :(

StrikeThePostman

« Reply #64 on: 16 May 2005, 15:54 »

Quote from: a pack of wolves
I'm not embarrassed about my musical past at all and I don't even think all of these bands are bad by any means, but I now feel like I wasted time and money on them which would have been more productively spent elsewhere had someone only pointed me in the right direction earlier.

Yeah, that's how I feel about it, except the bands I liked were shite.  But I only really started getting into popular music in eighth grade; I liked Evanescence and Michelle Branch.  That sounds a little backwards to me, but hey, I was thirteen.  

The worst ones, though, were 3 Doors Down and... Nickelback.  It's pretty difficult to get worse than those two.

laeta.asinus

« Reply #65 on: 16 May 2005, 17:22 »

Quote from: StrikeThePostman
Quote from: a pack of wolves
I'm not embarrassed about my musical past at all and I don't even think all of these bands are bad by any means, but I now feel like I wasted time and money on them which would have been more productively spent elsewhere had someone only pointed me in the right direction earlier.

Yeah, that's how I feel about it, except the bands I liked were shite.  But I only really started getting into popular music in eighth grade; I liked Evanescence and Michelle Branch.  That sounds a little backwards to me, but hey, I was thirteen.  

The worst ones, though, were 3 Doors Down and... Nickelback.  It's pretty difficult to get worse than those two.

Hey... you know, it could have been worse. You could have liked *le gasp* CREED! Eek![/i]

daviesmatt

« Reply #66 on: 16 May 2005, 18:11 »

When i was a little kid, I used to like Bon Jovi, then S-Club 7 and the Spice Girls.

Not embarrassed as such, as I only liked them because I don't know anything better, but more amused that i liked such shitty music.

My "gateway band" was the Offspring, then Greenday, and then the almighty Clash got me into better stuff.

lb969

« Reply #67 on: 16 May 2005, 19:11 »

I regret listening to Dixie Chicks and Spice Girls.

I also used to like... GASP... country

Till I discovered you can turn a dial on the radio and get better tunes.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #68 on: 16 May 2005, 21:44 »

basically anything i owned before about 9th or 10th grade..
No Doubt (but only because of the complete shite gwen stefani is putting out these days), Spice Girls, Creed, Ace of Base, Blink-182, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Will Smith.. *hangs head in shame* at least i can say i never liked anything that came out of that boyband epidemic known as my 6th grade year..
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

niatinari

« Reply #69 on: 16 May 2005, 21:53 »

Nelson. But, but, they were cute! And there was one for me and one for my best friend. And they drove 65 Mustangs! and, and, yeah. I'm a dork.

I loved Nelson when I was in third grade.  I'd forgotten all about that.

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
« Reply #70 on: 16 May 2005, 21:59 »

Quote from: lb969
I also used to like... GASP... country

I fail to see the problem here.
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #71 on: 16 May 2005, 22:03 »

The problem is in the "used to like".  That lb969 likes country no more is a sorry state of affairs.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #72 on: 17 May 2005, 18:59 »

I think he means like Tim McGraw and Shania Twain as opposed to, you know, good country.

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
« Reply #73 on: 17 May 2005, 19:41 »

Quote from: bainidhe_dub
Ace of Base

Yo man, Ace of Base is fucking great!
I like the way you work it.

lb969

« Reply #74 on: 17 May 2005, 19:47 »

JohnnyC, do you read minds?

Yeah i like GOOD country, like Alabama, Gretchen Wilson, ETC.

Tim McGraw singing with Nellie, That kills it....

Shania Twain dont know WHAT she's singing.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #75 on: 17 May 2005, 21:11 »

do you read minds?

I dabble.

mAlice aforeThought

« Reply #76 on: 17 May 2005, 21:25 »

regrets:  TLC.  sublime.  oasis.  no doubt.  green day.  cake.

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #77 on: 17 May 2005, 22:10 »

Never thought I would see the day when someone would regret listening to sublime.  

Only thing I can even consider regretting was my rather unfortunate (in my eyes) techno phase.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

LightThievesAll

• Obscure cultural reference
    • http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~ajohnsto
« Reply #78 on: 18 May 2005, 17:31 »

Quote from: marc_penny88
hey there folks, i can honestly admit that i liked the Insane Clown Posse. im really sorry :(, i only really liked them for their funny music (my fave song of theirs was slim anus (slim anus is a rip off of slim shady))

please dont kill me :(

Man, I still like ICP.  And Twiztid and Marz.  Anybody Killa and Blaze Ya Dead Homie were both fun live.

Out of all of them, Marz was the best.  He used to be the guitar player for Ministry, then started a weird gangsta rap/industrial-ish band.  He's also cool because his birth name is Zlatko Hukic.  ZLATKO HUKIC!

Pictures exist of my friends and I wearing juggalo make-up before heading to a Twiztid concert.  I have extremely fond memories of that night.  It ended with us sitting in a camper and getting incredibly stoned.
Everybody needs to believe in something.  I believe I'll have another beer.

Garcin

« Reply #79 on: 18 May 2005, 19:06 »

Supreme Beings of Leisure.  I loved every track in their first album for 6 months.  Now I get a mild feeling of nausea every time I hear Strangelove Addiction in a Starbucks.

--Moiche

_grace_

« Reply #80 on: 19 May 2005, 02:35 »

Quote from: rynne
I can't believe--especially on an indie-related board--that people regret liking Blur and the Cardigans.

Aside from a mistep or two (Leisure and The Great Escape), Blur evolves in an interesting way on each album, and even the misteps are chock full of great pop songs.
quote]

yes, i love blur. and pulp. aND (typo) prodigy. and many other songs that have been dissed in this thread- but that's the point! everyone has different tastes- and i love it.

I don't regret this, but it certainly is embarrassing- HANSON.

i have 2 cds, an autobiography, and a video. AND i had a massive thing for Zac, the drummer. strange thing was, i looked exactly like him... proves how girly they were, and what i tom-boy i was!

MilkmanDan

« Reply #81 on: 19 May 2005, 02:54 »

Quote from: blindsuperhero
Stereophonics, much like Oasis, started well, and progressively declined from there

Oasis can fuck right off, but I loved the first Stereophonics album. I lost it as well. Which sucked.

mizaktik

« Reply #82 on: 19 May 2005, 11:41 »

Ace of Base
Will Smith
Third Eye Blind

I was a pop-manwhore for a while.  It's a time of my life I don't like to talk about.  I like to think I've improved since then.

Spencer

« Reply #83 on: 25 May 2005, 11:20 »

Theres a lot of bands I used to like, but no longer any more: Marilyn Manson, blink, limp bizkit, green day, the offspring. But its not that I no longer like their old stuff, cause I still do. I can go back and listen to "Kerplunk" from Green Day or "Portait of an American Family" or "Antichrist Superstar" and still love it. I just dont like where these bands progressed musically. I would not be embarrassed to put on "3 Dollar Bill, Y'all" and rock the fuck out, because its an extremely raw and powerful album, whether you like it or not. But did I bother to waste my time on "Chocolate Starfish" or whatever limp bizkit called thier album? No. Good god know.

Wes Borland rocks.

The only thing I can think of that I am actually embarrassed about liking, that If I went back and listened to the stuff I used to like and go "Oh good god, this is terrible", would be Vanilla Ice and TLC. There might be a couple others, if I thought long and hard about it, but I stand firmly behind most everythign I used to listen to, passed the age of 12 (I think Vanilla Ice and TLC might even fall into the age 11 range).

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
« Reply #84 on: 25 May 2005, 11:23 »

Quote from: Skibas_clavicle
Yo man, Ace of Base is fucking great!

Marry me. Right now.

Tim McGraw singing with Nellie, That kills it....

Ok I listened to that song and I insist that they are two entirely different songs that somehow got smashed together to create a disgusting, horrendous sound.
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

Mnementh

« Reply #85 on: 25 May 2005, 11:26 »

Ace of Base is awesome.  For serious.  I unabashedly listen to them.  In public!

californaya

« Reply #86 on: 25 May 2005, 11:33 »

I still have The Sign. I also have Haddaway's album (the 2nd version) and some stuff by Real McCoy and 2 Unlimited. I still lurve my early 90's dance music.

I think the only band that I could say I regret having liked was Creed. I saw the light shortly after Weathered was released as to how awful a band they were.

But, honestly, you can't tell me that the first time you heard Bullets (off of Weathered), you didn't say "Whoa, that's some decent rock right the....wait, that's Creed? Huh."

redredkroovy

« Reply #87 on: 25 May 2005, 17:00 »

Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer.... also... Ace of Base, Spice Girls, hmm....  even Limp Bizkit....

I don't really regret liking them, but I'm glad I've moved on to much better things.  If I heard any of their songs now, I'd probably yell really loud and sing along.  No, I'm not ashamed.  Its part of who I am... besides, I have such a crazy taste in music I'll listen to almost anything.  This morning I was listening to Gwen Stefani's album.  ^_^

Unosuke

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #88 on: 25 May 2005, 19:38 »

I can't say I'm really ashamed, but anyway

in 7th and 8th grade I was really into Korn, then there were The All-American Rejects.

then I bought Morningview by Incubus
Jeph: I think I like drunken baking. It has a sense of danger that you just don't get when you're sober.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #89 on: 26 May 2005, 00:40 »

It's not really a regret, as I still do love and/or like a lot of their material, but I'm kinda embarrased nowadays how much I used to like Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir. Even, like, the totally uncool albums. They did both lead me to much greater things though. Especially when I started checking out all the other bands members and past members had been in.

That said, 'Puritania' and 'Scorched Earth Erotica' are on my big old faves playlist, and there they will stay!
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

AnonymousPosterChild

« Reply #90 on: 27 May 2005, 09:45 »

I have two words that make all you regrets seem like nothing.

Kidz Bop.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #91 on: 27 May 2005, 11:53 »

A friend of mine is for a reason I can not comprehend, really into Kidz Bop stuff.

boeuf

« Reply #92 on: 27 May 2005, 14:06 »

I so used to be into Nu metal...
Korn, Limp Bizkit, all that shit.
Though I don't really regret it because it is what got me out of my little newfie girl teeny bopper stage...
and Wes Boreland is just adorable!

siobhan

« Reply #93 on: 27 May 2005, 14:10 »

i went through the Backstreet Boy/Spice Girl/Hanson phase when i was 13 or 14.. luckily i broke that habit in time to sell those CD's to the hockshop and actually make some money..

now they're used as drink coasters they're so plentiful...

boeuf

« Reply #94 on: 27 May 2005, 14:20 »

Haha, try selling Aquas first ceedee or Chumbawambas Tubthumper...

siobhan

« Reply #95 on: 27 May 2005, 15:58 »

oh my!! i totally forgot about chumbawumba .. there's another that i regret ever spending my allowance on

Aphi

« Reply #96 on: 27 May 2005, 16:03 »

Ohmygosh --CHUMBAWAMBA!!!??????

Please excuse the excessive punctuation---I completely forgot they ever existed. Didn't they have that one album that got popular.....Tubthumper? Or was that the song? =wracks her brains=

blindsuperhero

« Reply #97 on: 27 May 2005, 16:09 »

'Tubthumping', the song, became some kind of lager-lout anthem. One of those strange things really.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #98 on: 27 May 2005, 16:27 »

Strange in the fact they used to be more of a political punk band back in the day?  So I've heard, I've never came across any of their older works.

blindsuperhero

« Reply #99 on: 27 May 2005, 16:29 »

Yeah, that's what I've heard
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up