THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 01:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wolf Eyes  (Read 3845 times)

godbowstomath

Wolf Eyes
« on: 15 May 2005, 19:32 »

I just picked up Burned Mind on what I thought initially to be no more than just poor judgement, but the record itself is really hypnotic and sonically incredible. It hasn't left my stereo since. Any thoughts on it?

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
Wolf Eyes
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2005, 19:37 »

Very good I thought. Haven't found it hypnotically compelling myself, but that may be because Guapo's 'Five Suns' is currently gripping me in that way and just refusing to let go. I thought it was surprisingly accessible actually, nowhere near as abrasive an experience as I was expecting from what I'd heard of it beforehand.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

El Opium

Wolf Eyes
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2005, 19:52 »

I don't have burned mind myself but I must admit I've not found Dread, Slicer or Lost Sockets (the ones I have) to be particularily abrasive. A lot of it seems more like really creepy ambience to me. I do hear they flatten everything live but they're doing that only tour exotic locations and then play their hometown thing like so many other experimental bands.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
Wolf Eyes
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2005, 19:58 »

Yeah, live it was a lot harsher. Particularly when one of them started chewing on the mic, that produced some good noise, and they've got some great stage presence which really helps.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

godbowstomath

Wolf Eyes
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2005, 20:29 »

http://subpop.dev.slam.cc/downloads/free/Wolf_Eyes_Live!277.mov

at that, how did they end up on fucking sub pop???

David

Wolf Eyes
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2005, 20:47 »

Sub Pop realizes that noise is becoming pretty popular, I guess. They have the A Frames, too. They're not so much noise, but it's close.

Burned Mind is great though. I'd love to see them live.
Pages: [1]   Go Up