THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 13:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Like Shitty Music!  (Read 63497 times)

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #250 on: 17 Aug 2005, 18:42 »

A perfect Circle, like Audioslave, is basically a bunch of people from a group of fairly tolerable bands mish mashed, and yet apparently none of them can write anything good together. Go figure.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

stevethepirate

I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #251 on: 17 Aug 2005, 18:56 »

Desert Sessions albums are really just jam sessions that they recorded. One example of this is their one very short song titled - coming for your daughter. I'm listening to it now.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #252 on: 18 Aug 2005, 13:50 »

Ok, i like MCR despite much genericness for 1 reason. Odd lyrical topics. Jail Rape for one. Its just funny.

Also, i have heard the misfits new stuff and i submit to thee this puddle of vomit it generated. Seriously, hatebreeders is the worst song evar. All you need is an iq of 3 to know it sucks. I also like some A Perfect Circle, Greenday (all, me luvs it so much) And the white stripes scare me.
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

TheToon_Ashtoon

I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #253 on: 19 Aug 2005, 20:35 »

A perfect Circle, like Audioslave, is basically a bunch of people from a group of fairly tolerable bands mish mashed, and yet apparently none of them can write anything good together. Go figure.

I could not agree with you more, speaking of autoslave.  I just don't find anything appealing about that band, and my dad and sister were into them for the longest time.  I went from kinda not enjoying them to utter hatred.  

I sorta like a perfect circle.  I used to think they were good, but then I went through all their songs and realized I really only liked about 3.  I still enjoy imagine, very simple, which is my bag.  The lyrics I liked because of the point they were making.

Oh yeah, and Jam Bands.  Big fan.
Greenday, not so much.  Not... at all.

Pushover

I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #254 on: 19 Aug 2005, 22:26 »

I am ashamed to admit that I enjoy Slipknot. =\ I know there are a lot worse bands out there, but there are a lot better bands out there, too. I'm kinda glad that Corey Taylor calmed down a bit with the third album (fourth Slipknot album, The Subliminal Verses). It still makes me sad, though.

And I had my Linkin Park phase. *was reminded of this by today's comic*

Hatebunny

I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #255 on: 20 Aug 2005, 12:31 »

Quote from: TheToon_Ashtoon

I sorta like a perfect circle. I still enjoy imagine, very simple, which is my bag.  The lyrics I liked because of the point they were making.

well, I like Imagine when it's sung by John Lennon, because then, the song's about something I care about, as opposed to trying to apply the song to a situation that it doesn't really apply to...I enjoy the cover, sure, but I still wanna find Maynard, and beat him to death with a stick while screaming 'who gave you the right, asshead?!' over and over. Jesus.

That said...Humans are only entitled to like 'Passive' and various songs from the first  and second albums. A non-dislike of 'What's going on' is also tolerable, but otherwise, eMotive is the least good album I've ever been glad I didn't spend money on....and I Love APC.

Praeserpium Machinarum

I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #256 on: 20 Aug 2005, 14:59 »

Incidentally I thought APC gave that song some purpose instead of just Lennon daydreaming, I don't like the original.

Not An Addict

I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #257 on: 20 Aug 2005, 15:40 »

Quote from: Hatebunny
I enjoy the cover, sure, but I still wanna find Maynard, and beat him to death with a stick while screaming 'who gave you the right, asshead?!' over and over. Jesus.

If you heard Clay Aiken's cover of "Imagine" on American Idol you would cling to A Perfect Circle's version for dear life.

"Imagine" just shouldn't be covered by anyone, ever. You can't improve it, so the only way to go is down.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #258 on: 20 Aug 2005, 16:06 »

Quote from: TheToon_Ashtoon
Oh yeah, and Jam Bands.  Big fan.
Greenday, not so much.  Not... at all.

Jam Bands = for the win.

Also, every beatles song is now officially off limits for covering unless you happen to be totally awesome or Anal Cunt doing one of the silly ironic covers they do. (STAYIN' ALIVE)

...Especially While my Guitar Gently Weeps.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

TheToon_Ashtoon

I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #259 on: 22 Aug 2005, 21:45 »

Well, shit.  I didn't know it was a cover.
I will go listen to the original right now.
Shame on me.

[just listened]
happy chords.  i wasn't sure if I was enjoying it at first but now i do.  yess.  okay, good.  mistake rectified.

Oh yeah.  S&G is great, too.  I am in love with Paul Simon, his lyrics give me chills.  Aaaagh.  He was a musical genius.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #260 on: 22 Aug 2005, 21:56 »

I listen to bad shit like the Satanic Warmaster demo. I listen to demo-splits between bands that are actually the same 5 people, but wanted to have two bands.
also israel

tetsuotheironboy

the 'deth
« Reply #261 on: 25 Aug 2005, 07:20 »

ok, i'm new to the forum but heres that band that suck but i love 'em - Megadeth. Oh god how i love megadeth. The hair, the riffs, the lyrics,
"brother will kill brother, spilling blood across the land, killing for religion is something i don't understand" they are magnificent in every way and god awful at the same time. I often have trouble explaining this to other people as they're either old-school rockers who don't like me laughing at the lyrics or pretentious/cool indie fools who can't laugh at it. Any sympathy out there?

Merkava

I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #262 on: 25 Aug 2005, 12:40 »

I like Motion City Soundtrack.

No really.

I do.

I'm...I'm so sorry.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #263 on: 25 Aug 2005, 16:38 »

Quote from: Trollstormur
I listen to bad shit like the Satanic Warmaster demo. I listen to demo-splits between bands that are actually the same 5 people, but wanted to have two bands.

What's that fucking load of guys from america who have lkikje 8 bands and there's 6 of them. Wankers. Like Les Legiuones Noires but nbiot as cool, and the LLN sucked mighty donkley cock.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

toastyghost

I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #264 on: 27 Aug 2005, 18:40 »

Quote from: tedzsee
I add another thumbs up to kelly clarkson and second "Britney Spears' Toxic".

I hope this hasn't already been posted, especially since I emailed Jeph the link last week, but for those who like Kelly Clarkson and American Analog Set, I implore you to click this link:

http://www.ezsite.bz/mashup/artistsongs/Aggro1%20-%20Kelly%20Clarkson%20Since%20U%20Been%20Gone%20v.%20American%20Analog%20Set%20Hard%20To%20Find.mp3

Liking shitty music is nothing to be ashamed of. After all, the majority of pop is engineered to worm its way into your brain and eat at your frontal lobes until there's no resistance left.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #265 on: 27 Aug 2005, 19:35 »

IronBoy: There is no reason to be ashamed of Megadeth because they totally kick ass.

Tinsel_Shine

I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #266 on: 10 Sep 2005, 11:24 »

Quote from: ManlyMan
I only bug one of my friends about what he listens to, because his favorite bands are Blink 182, Plus 44, and Boxcar Racer.
Plus-44? How does he even know what they sound like? Liking a band before you've heard them is stupid. And if there are leaked samples or something, why have I not been informed? I anticipate the arrival of +44 muchly. I have only just got out of denial about Blink breaking up, if there is some other Blink band member music I can listen to, I must have it.

Quote from: Merkava
I like Motion City Soundtrack.
I AM SEEING THEM ON THE 19th FTW

Soidanae

• Obscure cultural reference
I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #267 on: 10 Sep 2005, 18:40 »

Quote from: Not An Addict
"Imagine" just shouldn't be covered by anyone, ever. You can't improve it, so the only way to go is down.

I donno.  I didn't really like Lennon's original (actually, I didn't like most of Lennon's solo stuff, with the exception of Working Class Hero), and the APC cover sounded more...musical, as if it were a song that could stand alone as a song and not be required to be a protest song.  That's just the vibe I got from Lennon's version-Here's an interesting idea, now let's make it into a protest song.  And it sounds like a protest song, as opposed to a song that is protesting something.  Shame, really.
I believe these are the days of lasers in the jungle, lasers in the jungle somewhere.  Staccato signals of constant information, a loose affiliation of millionaires and billionaires, and baby, these are the days of miracles and wonders.

Not An Addict

I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #268 on: 10 Sep 2005, 21:12 »

Like most protest songs, though, you don't know it's actually a protest song unless you listen to the lyrics. On its own, "Imagine" is just a really beautiful melody.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
I Like Shitty Music!
« Reply #269 on: 10 Sep 2005, 21:30 »

Psst, imagines obviously a protest song.

Protest songs only really make you stop and think 'eh' when you get to something like 'Enter Chaos' by Edge of Sanity, where most people can't really pick out any of the words the singer sings.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up