THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Nano  (Read 24968 times)

salada

• Curry sauce
iPod Nano
« Reply #100 on: 17 Sep 2005, 10:10 »

Quote from: Eldirial
Earbuds- I keep a pair in my bag, for when I forger a pair of good headphones.  I actually had a really nice pair of sony earbuds, great sound, comfortable, and they broke within two months. Good job sony.

i sort of wonder how you manage to forget headphones. but then i walk out my front door with my music going already.

i hate the ipod headphones (sorry, earbuds): they sound pretty bad (not bad for earbuds, but still arse), but they have this uncanny ability to get really tangled really fast, and they give off a "i'm a wanker" sort of vibe (although less now that everyone and their gay aunt has an ipod). my last set of good headphones were a pair of koss portapros, which sounded quite good for their size/. plus they folded up into themselves for protection (i've had 2 pairs of headphones come to an untimely end from being crushed in backpacks).

unfortunately they bit the dust a little while ago, and i still can't find all the warranty papers. so at the moment i'm rocking a pair of cheap sony whatevers. they don't sound that great, but they get the job done...

normz

iPod Nano
« Reply #101 on: 17 Sep 2005, 10:19 »

i love the way some reviewer descriped the ipod earbuds as coming in 'mug me' white *giggles* i always end up stealing my mums kick ass headphones that are huge ass 80's looking things (actually they are probably older than me) and their sound quality is BEAUTIFUL like were talking truly soundgasmic as their those big ass fancy shmancy noise blocking out crystal clear sound quality soundgasm type ones and when i cant steal (i mean borrow :P) them then i have some crappy sony ones

salada

• Curry sauce
iPod Nano
« Reply #102 on: 17 Sep 2005, 10:25 »

yeh. although they make you look like something of a wanker, and an easy target for muggers, the white earbud thing is a stoke of marketing genius on apple's behalf.

i <3 jonathan ive.

Eldirial

iPod Nano
« Reply #103 on: 17 Sep 2005, 10:29 »

I'm currently using a pair of Sony DJ headphones- not as good as my old senheiser ones (I can't spell, I know it.)- but they arn't bad.  I've been looking for a good pair, but with such little extra money to spend, It's probably not happening soon.

FreshJive787

• Furry furrier
iPod Nano
« Reply #104 on: 17 Sep 2005, 15:15 »

the ipod nano is so small you could lose it in an empty room, but it is cool.

Merkava

iPod Nano
« Reply #105 on: 20 Sep 2005, 13:53 »

Quote from: Tedd
Sissies. I use some 4" long corded, volume control headphones. The sound quality is crisp, clear, smooth and (insert adjective here).

How much do you think that ran me? 20, maybe thirty bucks?

Bitches.

xD
\

Is that...serious? Or are you making a joke and getting my hopes up for no reason.

Ass. :P

===

The Nano is so small that you could wear it like a contact lense and control it with your eyelids.

Garcin

iPod Nano
« Reply #106 on: 20 Sep 2005, 14:32 »

The iPod Nano is so small that you can accidentally inhale it, and then you have to push the controls with your white blood cells.

Merkava

iPod Nano
« Reply #107 on: 20 Sep 2005, 19:37 »

The iPod Nano is so small, that it could get lodged inside one of your cells, causing it to become an organelle. Therefore, during mitosis, it would become copied into the new cells until every cell had a music-playing organelle.

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
iPod Nano
« Reply #108 on: 20 Sep 2005, 20:16 »

That would be so awesome.  Text cannot display how blown away I am by the mere thought of that.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

lingy

iPod Nano
« Reply #109 on: 20 Sep 2005, 22:50 »

O.O, i went and got the regular iPod and when I arrived at my high school everyone yelled at me for not getting the nano...

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
iPod Nano
« Reply #110 on: 21 Sep 2005, 04:18 »

Quote from: Merkava
The iPod Nano is so small, that it could get lodged inside one of your cells, causing it to become an organelle. Therefore, during mitosis, it would become copied into the new cells until every cell had a music-playing organelle.

Now here's an awesome application of nanotechnology.  Scientists and audio engineers, get on it!

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
iPod Nano
« Reply #111 on: 21 Sep 2005, 07:58 »

oooh, could iPods be wired to GLOW?  That way when they do take over our bodies we can be LIKE TRON!

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
iPod Nano
« Reply #112 on: 21 Sep 2005, 10:44 »

This thread just made me happy inside.
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
iPod Nano
« Reply #113 on: 21 Sep 2005, 11:08 »

Inside... your pants?!

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
iPod Nano
« Reply #114 on: 21 Sep 2005, 14:00 »

Inside my everything
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

Tedd

iPod Nano
« Reply #115 on: 21 Sep 2005, 16:01 »

Damn, I'm tired.

Nano still worthless. Tedd smash.

Merkava

iPod Nano
« Reply #116 on: 21 Sep 2005, 17:47 »

It makes me so mad that I want to buy a GBA Micro out of spite of my good judgement!

GRAWRG!

Garcin

iPod Nano
« Reply #117 on: 22 Sep 2005, 00:58 »

Quote from: Merkava

Merkava wins thread!  Fatality!  Flawless Victory!

shatteredshards

iPod Nano
« Reply #118 on: 26 Sep 2005, 23:06 »

I think I got through the first page and a half. I'll stop there and give my two cents.

My old MP3 player was a Rio. A FOUR YEAR OLD 128MB RIO.

I finally gave up on it (the battery life had reduced to about 30 minutes) and bought a 1GB Shuffle in February with my tax refund.

Belt clips suck. I had one for my Rio and if I ever tried to clip it on stuff, it might either fall off or it would somehow get caught on the headphone cord or something. I usually gave up and threw the sucker into my purse or pocket.

This battery life problem people claimed with the Shuffle? Yeah, that tends to happen when you don't cycle it. I almost always discharge mine completely before recharging it, and I'm charging it, at most, a couple times a month with normal use (to and from work, approx. an hour a day, sometimes more).

The only reason I'm looking at replacing my Shuffle with a Nano now is because I'm starting to get close to that gig limit, but there's no way in heck I can use 20gigs. That would feel like the biggest waste to me, to have a clunky 20GB in my pocket with maybe 2GB of stuff on it. As for $250, I've known about their student discount for awhile and that will at least knock it down to $230.

I looked at the Zens people have been referring to - that the heck is the point of having rounded edges/corners on the back with sharp edges and 90 degree angles on the font?! So it can either bulge out of your pocket akwardly or dig into your thigh? And in all honesty, the button setup is just akward compared to the lovely little circular thing I have now. Even my Rio had a circular control setup.

And um...earbuds suck because it's physically impossible for me to wear them. :P

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
iPod Nano
« Reply #119 on: 27 Sep 2005, 04:13 »

If there's one thing I like in a post, it's thoroughness.

pip_helix

iPod Nano
« Reply #120 on: 27 Sep 2005, 07:55 »

what i don't understand is why a 4gb nano is only $50 less than a 20gb full-size..i mean, if you're gonna plunk down $250 for crap amounts of storage, why not just spring for the full-size, cos at that point, what's another $50?

me, i'm happy with my mini, and until such time as it dies beyond all possible hope of fixing it, i'll stay happy with it.

MilkmanDan

iPod Nano
« Reply #121 on: 27 Sep 2005, 08:01 »

I think the point is IT'S REALLY SMALL.

The Nano is cool. No doubt about that, but I kinda wanted Apple to go in the other direction, and make a bigger one. I don't want to spend $400 or whatever to carry around some of my music. Well, I did, but I didn't want to. Clearly, more research is needed on this 'store music in your cells' idea. If each cell can carry my whole DNA in it, I think it can deal with a freaking MP3. That's where the future is, mark my words.

pip_helix

iPod Nano
« Reply #122 on: 27 Sep 2005, 08:18 »

hm. kinda gives a new meaning to having inherently good taste.

shatteredshards

iPod Nano
« Reply #123 on: 27 Sep 2005, 20:26 »

Quote from: MilkmanDan
I think the point is IT'S REALLY SMALL.
... but I kinda wanted Apple to go in the other direction, and make a bigger one.

They will eventually. Just watch.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
iPod Nano
« Reply #124 on: 28 Sep 2005, 04:25 »

There's already a bigger iPod.  It's called an iBook.

salada

• Curry sauce
iPod Nano
« Reply #125 on: 28 Sep 2005, 06:43 »

i was actually wondering about this. i haven't had much personal experience with apple's most recent laptops, so i ask: is it possible to start itunes, close your ibook (screen off, but processor running), plug in some headphones, throw it in your bag, and use it as a very big, high-capacity mp3 player?

i mean, i have an ipod already, but i'm just wondering.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
iPod Nano
« Reply #126 on: 28 Sep 2005, 06:47 »

Not that I know of.  Closing the screen puts the computer to sleep.

I was just kidding, btw.  The maximum capacity iPods store 60GB (y'all do know this, right?)  iBook harddrives don't store more than that, and don't forget that a large chunk of the space is taken up by the OS and applications (ie. not all music.)

-sam

iPod Nano
« Reply #127 on: 28 Sep 2005, 20:40 »

It's possible to hack an apple laptop to run with the screen lid down, but it's not recommended.

-sam

salada

• Curry sauce
iPod Nano
« Reply #128 on: 29 Sep 2005, 02:58 »

makes sense i guess. it'd be all non-ventilatin', especially if it were in your backpack at the time.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up