THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 17:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Comic Plugging Thread 2k5  (Read 93533 times)

krokadil

Skeletons and Veins
« Reply #150 on: 09 Oct 2005, 19:40 »

Hello, all!

If you have a chance, check out my version of a webcomic - it's on blogspot because they provide such lovely free hosting.  There are pictures with little accompanying blocks of text.  Some longer than others.  It has... skeletons.  And veins.  And it's the pictures that live behind my eyelids when they close and what drips out of my fingertips when I leave the valves open.

And I think it's funny as hell.  Hopefully one of you will like it.  Please let me know!  Post some comments!

Check out the archives on the right - I love SKULL COCAINE and GENERIC CANNED VAMPIRE and PRESIDENTIAL ACTS and... well... really all of them.  There's a bunch.  Haven't posted for a bit since I just went back to grad school and it's kicking my rear.  But now I am working on a project called DanseBand Macabre about a... macabre band... that plays... dance music.

http://krokadil.blogspot.com/

Peace -

p.s. - I have read Questionable Content for a long time and would like to thank Mr. J Jacques for his great f***ing comic, and for giving his readers a chance to get some of their work out there.  That's class.

kyre

Technopagans
« Reply #151 on: 09 Oct 2005, 22:08 »

http://technopagans.net">Technopagans is a story about some twentysomethings who are drawn together as they realise that there is more to life than anyone ever told them ... well that's the idea.  It's suppose to be funny and/or touching.

kirabug

Comic Plugging Thread 2k5
« Reply #152 on: 10 Oct 2005, 06:29 »

Wow, Jeph, if you get this far in the list I'll be impressed and honored. (Same goes for anyone else who got here.) Thanks for the opportunity.

My comic... well, it's a mumbo-jumbo mess that updates Tuesdays and Saturdays. Primarily, I write Get Outta My Head, ongoing strips about two women named Lila and Marin who work in the IT department of a big company doing tech support -- but it's more about Lila and Marin than it is about the job. GOMH also sports regular appearances by yappy terriers and a Jesus-in-a-box statue.

Interspersed with those are Idiocy on the Internet comics, where I make fun of AOL and Yahoo and sites like that for stupid headlines they wrote. Think "Jay Leno's Headlines". Oh, and some random sketches make it on occasionally too.

The comics are here, and the latest comic posts on the homepage with my blog at http://www.kirabug.com. Warnings for foul language (mostly in the blog) and a warped but not unkind look at Christian mythos, but nothing NSFW (yet).

RMG

« Reply #153 on: 10 Oct 2005, 11:40 »

I draw a little ditty called the midlands. It is filled with angst, nudity, foul language, and shoddy world-building, but some people like it, I guess.

Monkeyheaded

« Reply #154 on: 10 Oct 2005, 13:02 »

I'm the writer for a webcomic called Mainstream Insanity. In a nutshell, it's about the madcap hilarity and snide comments that arise when superpowers, mall foodcourt chinese food, cloned security guards, beautiful women, and a couple of slackers are all thrown together.

Granted, the first couple are a bit rough, but we got most of the problems ironed out pretty quickly. That is, until my buddy, the artist, broke his hand. So yes, it hasn't been updated in a while, but that's about to change! Trust me!

Check it out at: http://www.msi-comic.com/index.php4?comic_id=1&page=1

tedzsee

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://www.lucastds.com/webcomic
« Reply #155 on: 10 Oct 2005, 14:58 »

Quote from: tasteslikeevil

(Also, I'm really enjoying that "8 1/2 by Eleven" comic! Kudos to "tedzee" for being all-around awesome!)

well thank you!

:)
8 1/2 by ELEVEN, a webcomic about you by Lucas TdS.  Updates every weekday.

Larkke

« Reply #156 on: 10 Oct 2005, 20:43 »

ZOMG update. link's in my sig. I think I'll be doing the three-panel thing from now.

thefallcomix

Re: The Fall
« Reply #157 on: 10 Oct 2005, 23:42 »

Quote from: twentyfour

I think you need a better description than that. I was gonna skip past your comic until I saw the banner(which looks great). So if anyone skipped The Fall because of the description like I almost did please go back and give it a looksee, s'pretty nifty

Hey, thanks for that. I'll go back and change it. I've been getting a lot of hits from here- I think i may just owe mr. Jacques a fanart ;)

By the way, I saw your comic on Eyeskream a while ago. Some really great stuff you've got going on there.

diepvriesmaaltijd

comic
« Reply #158 on: 11 Oct 2005, 08:27 »

am i late?

sorry about that, my comic just needed a little twitchin'. But now it's done!

www.schetsman.tk

It's a pencil comic, (due to lack of pc skillz) about hallucinating yourself out of a dead end job.
This is my first swing at this, so you'll have to excuse the lousy... everything.

SuperPablo13

« Reply #159 on: 11 Oct 2005, 17:44 »

Okay, thefallcomix, your comic kicks so much ass it's amazing. I love the epic feel and the art is beautiful.

thefallcomix

« Reply #160 on: 11 Oct 2005, 23:30 »

aw, thanks :)
I'm really enjoying this thread, it's always fun to come across a hip comic you had no idea existed

[edit in response to subsequent post] sorry about that, all better now

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #161 on: 11 Oct 2005, 23:44 »

Thefallcomix, if you're gonna hang around here you should know that the forum rules prohibit images in your sig.

Justin

« Reply #162 on: 12 Oct 2005, 03:24 »

Quote from: manda
ok, so i don't personally draw it or really do anything for it except support it, but two guys i'm close have put together a pretty nifty little comic for the past year or so.
http://mastersoftheart.com

aww, thanks for supporting us. I'm glad you pointed out on our forum that you did this, since your link doesn't appear to have worked i wouldn't have found out by looking at our stats. anyway it appears you've broken two of the plugging rules, not having a working link, and not being a comic creator. it's the thought that counts, but you wouldn't want "the man" and his "rules" keepin' us down. just kidding, well, sort of. I mean, Jeph is the man, that is to say, he is male, but i digress. ;)

In any case, here is a link to my webcomic, Masters of the Art, which i run with my friend Patrick. I'm not sure what qualifies as Not Safe For Work, i guess if you work in a daycare or an old folks home you'd want to be careful. There is some strong language, be it few and far between, and while there is no nudity, there is sexual content.

I don't really know how to describe our comic... it's about two guys and their friends... they lead ridiculous lives based loosely in reality. Not that they live in a whimsical fantasy realm, but they have been known to get in fights with hobo Santa and moonlight as superhero chefs. Just read it would ya?

Vermithrax

« Reply #163 on: 12 Oct 2005, 09:34 »

Well I dont feel quite so bad about regirstering just to plug my project after seeing a few other folks did it.

Hi my name is Chris and I am the creator of a brand new webcomic called Shirt Ninja

Shirt Ninja is a vigilante, the dark avenger of an Australian Coastal town. The comic has only started, but the story already encompasses several sub-cultural influences, and such issues as Urban Development, crime and punishment, and of course, ninjas.

Because I cant draw to save myself, and the fact that I have a growing bunch of folks over here that are keen to get in on the project, I use B/W digital photo's instead of illustrations...

Benvail

« Reply #164 on: 13 Oct 2005, 10:45 »

Big fan of QC here.
I do a comic called http://tlw.keenspace.com">the longest walk.
It's about the funny things that happen to me, either in my head or with my friends. I'm not sure what else I could say about it.

dingosatemybaby

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://www.dingosatemybaby.com
« Reply #165 on: 18 Oct 2005, 08:58 »

Quote from: radewagon
I've been writing and drawing My So Called Knife for a little over a year now.
I don't really know how to describe it. Many have said that it lacks direction, and it probably does most of the time. But I like to think of it as just a funny comic that isn't about video games. Also, it's going through a radical change right now, so, i unno. Read, and I hope you enjoy.

Really enjoyed the strip and the art.  hope things are getting better and that you'll be back soon!

Vermithrax

« Reply #166 on: 18 Oct 2005, 09:21 »

Okay, I had to switch servers (lucky I did it early on I guess)

my URl for "Shirt Ninja" is now

www.shirtninjacomics.com

SnoDragon

« Reply #167 on: 18 Oct 2005, 10:16 »

Well, I don't have much up yet, but I just started.
My comci is called "1354," because that's the population of the town I live in.  It's basically about the stuff htat happenes to me and my friends.  And there's a dragon.  And a gremlin.

http://1354comic.deviantart.com

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #168 on: 20 Oct 2005, 02:03 »

I made it to the last page!
Since people have actually been posting their Blog comics, I don't feel so bad posting mine - Lunchbox - the NotBlog.
It's linked in my sig, starring me. I've only been going for a couple of weeks and already the art is better. w00t.

Adam Murray

« Reply #169 on: 22 Oct 2005, 18:45 »

I feel slightly bad that this is my first post here and here I am pimping my site the filthy whore I am.  well obviously i don't feel bad enough that I won't do it, but still.  I feel bad.  Just not bad enough.

just click on the banner in my sig or alternatiley just click here

Its a comic that ido with my best friend Gill.  We have a really good time doing it and I hope you have a great time reading it

Morscata12

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
    • http://www.yournameisinvalid.org/morscata12
« Reply #170 on: 23 Oct 2005, 22:27 »

I'm all up to wondering when Jeph will start posting his favorites! Or maybe posting them here..?

Guest strip week! I guess it'll be a while longer.. (I remember sending in a guest strip (it never got used)).

So, anyone know when this will come to something, or is it just a forum topic that got dropped?

twentyfour

« Reply #171 on: 24 Oct 2005, 12:26 »

I promise I will look at every submission, and if anything particularly strikes my fancy, I might talk about it in a future newspost

1) There's a shit ton of comics for him to look at and thats gonna take a lotta time.

2) Maybe nothin struck his fancy

3) He said might

If he gave up on this thread I'm sure it'll be un-stickied and slowly descend into Archivia. Worse comes to worse I think everyone who posted in here got a lil attention from the rest of us whoring our comics. I know I gotta healthy jump in traffic and interest in my comic, and I found about 6 new comics I'm addicted to as well :)

So, Patience!

Jicky Soze

« Reply #172 on: 26 Oct 2005, 01:25 »

Hey, I'm new to the forum, but have been reading QC for a while. And since this is the Comic Plugging Section, I should plug my comic.
It's called http://www.freewebs.com/twoamish">Two Amish and it follow characters loosely based on the creators and amusing things in their lives. It starts out drawn in MS Paint because that's what we had access to at the time of creation, but at comic 15 becomes hand drawn, and then starts to maintain a style at comic 31. I had drawing style ADD for a while. Anyway, I hope you check it out and enjoy it.

Any comments you have would be awesome, just email them to the address on the site.

tedzsee

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #173 on: 27 Oct 2005, 10:12 »

Lunchbox!  Your drawing is rather cute and I like the layout.

Mollinda

« Reply #174 on: 28 Oct 2005, 09:01 »

Quote from: twentyfour
I know I gotta healthy jump in traffic and interest in my comic, and I found about 6 new comics I'm addicted to as well :)

So, Patience!

You cant say that and not say who ;)
Name and praise!

lbarbs

Crip Comic
« Reply #175 on: 31 Oct 2005, 10:18 »

Hello, I write a comic which can be found at http://www.cripcomic.co.uk. It's heavily QC influenced, but unlike every other comic on the net it has disabled characters. Cos I'm disabled.

Anyway, my sig says it all!

PS. Feel free to be as objective as you like :)...

Ape

« Reply #176 on: 01 Nov 2005, 03:41 »

Well here goes my webcomic.
It's a humour comic with  two furry animals and as the days go by more furry friends join the comic.

http://www.capichecomics.com

Dekard

« Reply #177 on: 01 Nov 2005, 11:55 »

Here's another:

http://www.gamesmademe.com

Another useless webcomic about games, techology, politics and life of a struggling IT professional and game addict.

*First series of comics represent real life assumptions regarding First person shooters as being "murder simulators" then other games should have similiar side effects..

Critiques welcome. I'm wanting to get some feedback on my start.

NatureRobot

« Reply #178 on: 01 Nov 2005, 17:51 »

http://www.livejournal.com/users/naturerobot/
 Nature Robot is a comic about a Nature loving Robot who has adventures in the forest near a city. Currently two nemesis' for our hero have been unveiled. Its got its own little personality if you can get into it.

tasteslikeevil

« Reply #179 on: 01 Nov 2005, 22:23 »

Hey, anyone else find it funny how Jeph broke www.hatesong.com yesterday? Now aren't y'all suddenly grateful he hasn't gotten around to recommending any of the comics from this thread on the main page?

"Oh Jeph, I only kid. You can crash my bandwith anyday!" *swoons*

Conatonc

Bad Ideas
« Reply #180 on: 02 Nov 2005, 12:35 »

I'm gonna pimp my friend's webcomic called Bad Ideas. It's a great little strip filled with clever jokes and bad puns. He's been doing it 3-4 times a week for a few months now, and, like most webcomic folks, is hoping that his audience eventually grows beyond his internet friends. And since everyone in this thread is so supportive, I'm gonna make sure to start checking out all y'all's stuff, too.

Rauko

« Reply #181 on: 04 Nov 2005, 18:56 »

This is a very excitng thread always checking back to see if anyone ever says anything nice about your work.

fredhate

« Reply #182 on: 08 Nov 2005, 14:10 »

Quote from: tasteslikeevil
Hey, anyone else find it funny how Jeph broke www.hatesong.com yesterday? Now aren't y'all suddenly grateful he hasn't gotten around to recommending any of the comics from this thread on the main page?

"Oh Jeph, I only kid. You can crash my bandwith anyday!" *swoons*

Turns out it was a combination of the extra traffic and a problem with the PHP script that was causing the server to burn out.

Everything is a-ok now. Anyone who wants to send thousands of hits my way is more than welcome to.

Thalass

« Reply #183 on: 08 Nov 2005, 22:34 »

Hey folks! I just started my comic strip - currently called "the plebs", though I'll change that if something better pops into my head. heh.

It's a strip about a group of high school kids, and the various things that happen to them. (it's really origonal, I know! :P) It's mostly just a practice strip, I'm certainly not taking it seriously. S'just for fun.

The comic can be found here. The site is still being built, and there's only one strip, so please bare with me. :) If anyone has any tips, please let me know!

be gentle!

mowi

« Reply #184 on: 16 Nov 2005, 20:50 »

Well, let's see... I have sort of a webcomic about a little dog. It does not pretend to be funny or clever, it's just a cute little dog doing cute little things that may or may not make sense.

I have uploaded just a few strips, but it's daily, and i have planned many storylines (probably way too many).

So thanks if you give it a try! =)

Neztec

Cast The Storm
« Reply #185 on: 19 Nov 2005, 10:40 »

This list is so long I wonder if anyone will ever catch anything down here anymore lol. My web comic is called:

http://www.castthestorm.com/">
C A S T - T H E - S T O R M

It's the home for the Storm Cast superhero team. Watch as they attempt to act like heroes, try to pick up girls, and insult each other all in the same stroke. Updated Mondays and Thursdays!

If you check it out, I hope you enjoy - it's drawn by me AND my brother - Crazy!

- Mike

cacahuate

« Reply #186 on: 23 Nov 2005, 19:14 »

My absurd comic... http://www.thesordidaffairs.net

I've enjoyed quite a few already in this thread. Neat.

Indigo

Kismetropolis
« Reply #187 on: 25 Nov 2005, 08:43 »

Hello, all.

My webcomic is fairly new, having just started in late September.  I started reading QC sometime this summer, because of my boyfriend. Got hooked.

Jeph's seen me a time or two on his own LJ where I show up as indigoskynet

I actually registered so I could post my fan art, but how could I resist a "Plug your Webcomic" thread?

To be efficient about this:

Webcomic name: Kismetropolis

URL: www.kismetropolis.com

A few words about Kismetropolis: It's a touch autobiographical in places, but mainly Kismetropolis is about Jamie Kingston -- a dyed in the wool fangirl who discovers that old "be careful what you wish for" adage has come true for her.  She discovers her rather mundane boring life getting increasingly weird, and will need all her fangirl skils and talents to keep up.

Work Safe: Right now there is a little language. There's been one shot of a little nudity, but the image itself is no more than PG-13. I can't promise that will remain the case indefinitely, though.

I've got a handful of readers as it is, but more never hurt, right?

I've already found new reads here, even:

On the Rocks
Everyone Drunk But Me
8 1/2 by 11
24 1/2
Boy Genius -- which link I gave to a dear friend who is now telling me she is having to fight and stifle laughter at work.
Two Sides Wide

animatronic head

« Reply #188 on: 09 Dec 2005, 12:49 »

My brother and I have just started a webcomic that follows the adventures of a robot named Pierrot and an alien named Mozart as they try to make a living as "space minstrels".  We are just getting the site put together and looking nice, but at the start of the new year we plan on updating weekly.  I would appreciate it if you would check it out and leave your comments in the guestbook.

www.fourthirtythree.com

Zach Walchuk

MutantCircus

« Reply #189 on: 10 Dec 2005, 08:58 »

This is my comic, Cartridge Comics

It's still pretty new as it only started about 3 months ago, but my art style has evolved a lot in the year and a half I've been working on this. Basically we make jokes about anything that interests your average geek surfing the internet, from comic books to action films to video games. The comics are non-sequential, like Perry Bible Fellowship, but just as the aliens keep showing up in PBF expect to see some of our characters making additional appearances.

tedzsee

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #190 on: 12 Dec 2005, 22:01 »

another discovererer of my strip! that's nice to see.

this thread got me hooked on FallComix.  Nice art and stuff.

Luke

« Reply #191 on: 13 Dec 2005, 13:24 »

"Everyone Drunk But Me" has some nifty-looking art and a lot of humor that I can relate with. I'll probably be reading this regularly now!

Sideways

« Reply #192 on: 13 Dec 2005, 13:50 »

I've never had any 'big' comic artists/writers comment on my comic.  I have asked for comments, and avoided asking for links, because I'm genuinely curious about what some of the big-wigs think of our little project... and nothin'.  NOTHIN'!

I'd take an 'It sucks' at this point... at least I'd know that they bothered to check it out!!

Rauko

« Reply #193 on: 13 Dec 2005, 16:50 »

All I can tell is that I'm getting a lot of traffic from these forums... but nothing beyond that.  I did get an e-mail from a fan that is also a QC fan... don't know if they found me through the forums or not.

cacahuate

« Reply #194 on: 13 Dec 2005, 16:53 »

You know your website uses the wrong "then", right? It should be betterthAnyou... sorry. That's the journalism editor in me speaking out.

Rauko

« Reply #195 on: 13 Dec 2005, 20:42 »

yeah, I know... in usually refer to it as Better than You.  But there are two reasons I have an 'e' instead.  The first is that its a bit of an inside joke... or I simple can't afford to buy the domain name from the guys who own it.  I'mn pretty sure our logo in fact uses 'than.'  So basically its become an inside joke amongst my friends and the one confirmed fan that I have.  But thank you for noticing!

MutantCircus

« Reply #196 on: 14 Dec 2005, 03:41 »

Quote from: Sideways
I've never had any 'big' comic artists/writers comment on my comic.  I have asked for comments, and avoided asking for links, because I'm genuinely curious about what some of the big-wigs think of our little project... and nothin'.  NOTHIN'!

I'd take an 'It sucks' at this point... at least I'd know that they bothered to check it out!!

I know how you feel. Tim Buckley actually told my writer, Lex, that he would take a look at our site when she met him a couple of months ago, but whether or not he actually looked at our comic, he never wrote us or anything even to let us know he did. I'd love to get some feedback from the guys whose daily traffic is in the quadruple digits or more, but most seem to snub their noses at us small-timers. That's why my site is always going to have a link exchange section and I hope to start linking small comics in my blog as soon as I feel I'll actually be supplying them with any traffic.

Mollinda

« Reply #197 on: 14 Dec 2005, 08:06 »

I have a big following from a forum I frequent but apart from that not much.

Sideways

« Reply #198 on: 14 Dec 2005, 08:54 »

Yeah, a lot of our daily hits on AO come from here.

I'd say it's about 30% from QC, and the rest... no idea.  Just random people who read the comic regularly.

In our forums, I'd say probably 60% of our frequent posters are QCers, another 30% are people we know personally, then we have about 10% who are just random fans.

Rauko

« Reply #199 on: 14 Dec 2005, 09:36 »

I'm getting more and more hits from google...  as soon as I get home I can update my website with counters and a commnet board and such.  The web guy that's helping me out knows how to do all that stuff and FTP uploads are blocked form his school.  

We could always advertise on one another's pages and share the fans we have.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up