Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

  • 03 Dec 2021, 23:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ask Jeph thread  (Read 1014189 times)

rossburnett

  • Guest
Suggestion on RL
« Reply #100 on: 25 Jan 2006, 09:35 »

Hi, newbie here really liking your art and making suggestion that you become an Amazon affiliate so you can make bux on your excellent Recommended Listening list.  Also, listening to awesome Bowie Outside you mentioned back in 04 (still catching up) - shouldn't that be on on RL?
Logged

ambientslut

  • Guest
genericon info??
« Reply #101 on: 25 Jan 2006, 12:16 »

Hey Jeph,

I'm really looking forward to meeting you at Genericon either on friday or sunday (im a student at the neeerdiest college ever, rpi)...anyway..genericon's website is hella lame and doesnt give good info about where you'll be/when you'll be there..do you happen to have any information on it? thanks man
Logged

blank

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #102 on: 25 Jan 2006, 13:24 »

I see that the photos on the Merchandise page look like characters.

Are your characters based on real life people ? and can we have photos and matchups
Logged

BiCoastal Kid

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #103 on: 25 Jan 2006, 18:18 »

Hello,

I just thought I would let you know that I think the spelling of you're name is wonderful. You are the only person I have seen to spell your name "Jeph" as opposed to Jeff or Geoff, and I find it of great fascination.

Is this how you're actual name is spelled, or did you feel like changing it up a bit?

-Rock
Logged

Cartilage Head

  • Only pretending to work
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2,207
  • Do Me Baby
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #104 on: 26 Jan 2006, 13:42 »

Ooh..delightful.
 First of all,you have stated before,Jeph,that there are a good deal of webcomics that you believe are utter shit..what are some of these dastardly comics of the internet?
 Second,how do you TRULY feel about The Locust?
 Third..Final Fantasy IX..and ahead of time FUCK YOOOUUU.
Logged
Hate, rain on me

Lunchbox

  • Lovecraftian nightmare
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2,856
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #105 on: 29 Jan 2006, 01:44 »

Quote from: blank
I see that the photos on the Merchandise page look like characters.

Are your characters based on real life people ? and can we have photos and matchups


The photos on the merch page are actually people who have sent in pictures to Jeph saying "Hey, I like your shirt, this is me wearing it," or Jeph's friends or Jeph, or people from the I Like Fish forum who post pictures of themselves in said shirts. I know this because I have been subtly hinting to Jeph every now and then to put my Indie Tits shirt pic up there, and he hasn't. :(

MAYBE IT IS BECAUSE I AM NOT A CHARACTER LOOK ALIKE IS THAT IT JEPH HUH
Logged

ChaoticEvil

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #106 on: 30 Jan 2006, 08:00 »

Hey Jeph do you ever get ill and try to draw and rather than making something rubbish you produce something off the wall and totally amazing (or so it seems at the time)?
Logged

cacahuate

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #107 on: 30 Jan 2006, 17:35 »

Did you get my interview questions?
Logged

ayePod

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #108 on: 31 Jan 2006, 05:11 »

Have you/will you ever come to the UK to talk about the things you do and the awesome way you do said things?

Is Lincoln your favourite president because of his beard? And amazing ability to accesorise?

Why don't you let Mitch take over the strip?
Logged

SailorPunk

  • Obscure cultural reference
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • http://www.xanga.com/moonrose
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #109 on: 02 Feb 2006, 15:23 »

I love Faye, don't get me wrong....

but why, Jeph, must she be mocked for her "large" size when she is of an average-to-small build?

also:
What is your favorite meal?
Logged
...really polite and kind of squishy...

almost thursday

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #110 on: 03 Feb 2006, 09:00 »

jeph - who would win in a fight: moses or gandalf?
Logged

hoax

  • Plantmonster
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 38
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #111 on: 03 Feb 2006, 16:03 »

Would you ever consider doing "DIGITALLY REMASTERED" versions of the earlier strips?  I think it would be six kinds of awesome, especially if they were in a book, or something like that.
Logged
"Don't worry, I don't have low self-esteem.  It's a mistake.  I have low esteem for everyone else."
--Daria Morgendorffer

ChaoticEvil

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #112 on: 04 Feb 2006, 07:04 »

Will you buy my junk from Ebay?

And will you take my sister somewhere far far away and never bring her back?
Logged

HeroX

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #113 on: 05 Feb 2006, 20:16 »

back when i first started reading qc, pintsize immediately made me think of GIR from invader zim. did any inspiration for pintsize come from jhonen vasquez's character, or is the whole 'cute robot that always causes trouble' thing just a coincidental similarity. i only ask because even their colour schemes are the similar.
Logged

spgphil

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #114 on: 05 Feb 2006, 22:25 »

any chances of you heading to the Bay Area? We're the Silicon Valley and the land of MACs so there has to be some audience for webcomics.
Logged

jeph

  • Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • ******
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1,912
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #115 on: 06 Feb 2006, 07:03 »

Quote from: Simulator

Are you available for birthdays?


Only my own.

Quote from: Jarne
If young'un QC fans like myself (14 years of age) attend a concert that you go to, would it be alright if we/me hang around you if nobody else is there for said young person to hang around?


Maybe! Ask your parent or legan guardian.

Quote from: rossburnett
Also, listening to awesome Bowie Outside you mentioned back in 04 (still catching up) - shouldn't that be on on RL?


There's a whole bunch of stuff that I want to put on RL, pretty much everything I listen to! But that's like several hundred albums and I just don't have the time.

Quote from: blank
I see that the photos on the Merchandise page look like characters.

Are your characters based on real life people ? and can we have photos and matchups


Nope, QC characters are 100% fictional and not based on anybody I know in real life.

Quote from: BiCoastal Kid
Hello,

I just thought I would let you know that I think the spelling of you're name is wonderful. You are the only person I have seen to spell your name "Jeph" as opposed to Jeff or Geoff, and I find it of great fascination.

Is this how you're actual name is spelled, or did you feel like changing it up a bit?

-Rock


It started as a joke when I was like 11 or 12 I think and for whatever reason it stuck. Now even my parents use that spelling.

Quote from: hey_there_fatty
Ooh..delightful.
 First of all,you have stated before,Jeph,that there are a good deal of webcomics that you believe are utter shit..what are some of these dastardly comics of the internet?
 Second,how do you TRULY feel about The Locust?
 Third..Final Fantasy IX..and ahead of time FUCK YOOOUUU.


I don't think making a list of comics I hate would do anybody any good. Why would I want to give them the publicity?

I don't like grindcore, and the Locust sound like grindcore to me.

NO FUCK YOUUUUUU

Quote from: Lunchbox
The photos on the merch page are actually people who have sent in pictures to Jeph saying "Hey, I like your shirt, this is me wearing it," or Jeph's friends or Jeph, or people from the I Like Fish forum who post pictures of themselves in said shirts. I know this because I have been subtly hinting to Jeph every now and then to put my Indie Tits shirt pic up there, and he hasn't. :(

MAYBE IT IS BECAUSE I AM NOT A CHARACTER LOOK ALIKE IS THAT IT JEPH HUH


Actually that's a cute photo. I'll try to remember to put it up next time I alter the merch page.

Quote from: ChaoticEvil
Hey Jeph do you ever get ill and try to draw and rather than making something rubbish you produce something off the wall and totally amazing (or so it seems at the time)?


No, when I'm sick (or just don't feel like drawing) I think it works out to pretty much the same level of quality as anything else, writing wise. The art is usually the first thing to suffer- if you see any copy and pasting between panels, or a whole strip that's nothing but talking heads, or four panels of just Pintsize, you can safely assume that I had the flu or something that day.

Quote from: ayePod
Have you/will you ever come to the UK to talk about the things you do and the awesome way you do said things?

Is Lincoln your favourite president because of his beard? And amazing ability to accesorise?

Why don't you let Mitch take over the strip?


If someone pays for the plane tickets, absolutely.

Lincoln was funny and kind and smart and had probably the hardest presidency ever. Also his wife was a total psycho bitch and he put up with it. He was basically the Ultimate Fellow. TOPHATS.

I have too much fun doing the comic to let anybody else take over. Whenever I run a guest week, by day two I'm antsy and wishing I was putting comics up like usual.

Quote from: SailorPunk
I love Faye, don't get me wrong....

but why, Jeph, must she be mocked for her "large" size when she is of an average-to-small build?

also:
What is your favorite meal?


Faye's getting wider as I get better at drawing.

Depends on the situation. Sometimes you want filet mignon with unicorn tear sauce, other times you just want a big ol' greasy hamburger.

Quote from: almost thursday
jeph - who would win in a fight: moses or gandalf?


I am pretty sure Moses actually existed at some point in history, so I'm gonna go with Moses. The real question is Gandalf or Aslan, as they're both full of ill-concealed messianistic omnipotence. WHICH ALLEGORICAL DEITY WOULD TRIUMPH???

Quote from: hoax
Would you ever consider doing "DIGITALLY REMASTERED" versions of the earlier strips?  I think it would be six kinds of awesome, especially if they were in a book, or something like that.


If I had the time, I'd re-draw every single pre-#500 comic. But I don't have the time.

Quote from: ChaoticEvil
Will you buy my junk from Ebay?

And will you take my sister somewhere far far away and never bring her back?


It's junk. No.

And no. That'd be illegal.

Quote from: HeroX
back when i first started reading qc, pintsize immediately made me think of GIR from invader zim. did any inspiration for pintsize come from jhonen vasquez's character, or is the whole 'cute robot that always causes trouble' thing just a coincidental similarity. i only ask because even their colour schemes are the similar.


Nope, purely coincidental. I don't remember exactly, but it's possible I hadn't even seen Zim yet when I first drew Pintize.

Quote from: spgphil
any chances of you heading to the Bay Area? We're the Silicon Valley and the land of MACs so there has to be some audience for webcomics.


Find a college willing to pay me to come talk and I'm there.
Logged
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Mikendher

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #116 on: 08 Feb 2006, 09:34 »

If you could choose three bands to play a private show for you and your friends, what bands would they be?
Logged

NoodleRama

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #117 on: 08 Feb 2006, 12:16 »

What ever happend to that blonde chick who used to work at Dora's coffee shop?
Logged

Luke

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #118 on: 08 Feb 2006, 14:39 »

Quote from: jeph
Post questions you have here (check the http://www.questionablecontent.net/faq.php">FAQ first for the more common ones) and I will do my best to answer them.


Second question from the bottom.

Also, can you please do something about your avatar? It is single-handedly devouring the page.
Logged

misfit4leaf

  • Guest
Question!
« Reply #119 on: 13 Feb 2006, 16:39 »

So how was it doing the con with R.K. Milholland?
Logged

Pengraffe

  • Admin emeritus
  • Emoticontraindication
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #120 on: 13 Feb 2006, 18:09 »

AWESOME. Oh wait, you didn't ask me. :) Seriously though, Randy is a fun guy.
Logged
HONK HONK, I'm a pengraffe.

Dimi

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #121 on: 13 Feb 2006, 23:09 »

okay...look, i know the rules (about 'baggage'), im new...so give me a small itsy bitsy break...but...i just have to say this first: everyone is so wierd here O_O i mean...GOD! (i know im hypocritical, but, and im gonna start using this excuse now, im new)

anyway, and now for the quesestioneh (question):

I read your comic from start to finish and have to note on how well it gradually builds both in story line, and in art (which is interesting, watching the artwork slowly develop into finer and sharper images and characters). But, in reference to the story - i need an answer as to how long you're willing to 'put the readers off' of the development of Faye and Marten's relationship. I mean, it's clear that in the 'near-to-end' part of the story, they'll either get together, or drift apart. What I also would like to know is, when or if this happens, will the story conclude, or will we all come witness to a few new episodes of "Marten and Faye get married! wootily woot woot!" and maybe "Marten and Faye get pregnant........simultaneously! wootily woot woot!" and something along the lines of "Pintsize wakes up a REAL boy" or "Pintsize wakes up a REAL.................i dunno....pint?"

Anyway, answers to these questions would be highly appreciated, however, if you feel they put you at stake of actually saying something that gives away a few major details in the story's progression...please don't.

cya around
Logged

ChaoticEvil

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #122 on: 14 Feb 2006, 02:43 »

Jeph.. if you could have anything or anyone (or both) who/what/wohwhat would it be?

Go on indulge me and my sillyness
Logged

Cartilage Head

  • Only pretending to work
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2,207
  • Do Me Baby
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #123 on: 14 Feb 2006, 15:57 »

I really,really have a feeling that only a few people read anything on or related to the site other than the strip itself.
 N E WAI,Jeph,another bizarre question involving your name..is you last name the French pronounciation (similar to "jhock") or whut?
 Second,have you happened to read Joey Comeau's "Lockpick Pornography"?
 Third,HUAGLUAGHULUHUAGLUAGUAHLUG?
 And finally....do you enjoy any musical theatre?
Logged
Hate, rain on me

Adele

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #124 on: 15 Feb 2006, 18:13 »

Hey Jeph, I just wanted to check: are you okay with me taking art from your site and using it as an avatar in other forums?

Also, because obviously people will ask about the av and I want to spread the word, when I tell folk about QC how do you want me to big it up?
Logged

practicality

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #125 on: 15 Feb 2006, 21:22 »

What's the best way to have tea?
Logged

Somethingfake

  • Emoticontraindication
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 59
  • I want to inherit your eyebrows...
    • http://somethingfake.deviantart.com/
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #126 on: 16 Feb 2006, 02:29 »

I've seen loads of dune referenaces in your comics and a few hitchhikers, so a couple of questions.

1)When did you discover both works
2)Which do you find to be better/funnier?
Logged
Quote from: Jeph
Snoopy lives in a fantasy world. Gromit is a dog who gets things done. Gromit would destroy Snoopy.

Smile

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #127 on: 22 Feb 2006, 21:03 »

Jeph: do you ever shop at the whole foods in hadley?

I thought I saw you there once, but I did not want to say anything because it would've been weird and creepy!
Logged

Valiant

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #128 on: 23 Feb 2006, 10:11 »

I've noticed that you have a TON of sci-fi references.  I'm a huge sci-fi fan, but I've been kinda held up on what kind of stuff to read (I sorta ran out of time for reading for a long time and what I used to read was all of the Star Wars novels... which are good for middle school kids...).  Any suggestions?

Secondly, what are your favorite sci-fi/fantasy books?
Logged

Somethingfake

  • Emoticontraindication
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 59
  • I want to inherit your eyebrows...
    • http://somethingfake.deviantart.com/
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #129 on: 25 Feb 2006, 18:16 »

who would would emerge victorious after a fight, snoopy or gromit?
Logged
Quote from: Jeph
Snoopy lives in a fantasy world. Gromit is a dog who gets things done. Gromit would destroy Snoopy.

Something Witty

  • 1-800-SCABIES
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 810
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #130 on: 27 Feb 2006, 01:48 »

DEAR JEORPH: Do you ever feel ripped off by reading the newest strip of your own comic, and knowing what happens next?  

Because I for one would be dissapointed if I knew what the next comic would say, then got to see it on paper/screen. Kind of like reading a book then seeing a movie. you know what's going to happen so it isn't as exciting.

[edit]

Should I cut my hair short or leave it long?

Also, what is your favourite kind if pizza?

[/edit]
Logged
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

AndreTheOtter

  • Guest
which is better
« Reply #131 on: 28 Feb 2006, 00:03 »

which is better on pb and j
chunky peanut butter or creamy?
Logged

mberan42

  • Bling blang blong blung
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1,195
  • Fry... You're my friend...
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #132 on: 28 Feb 2006, 08:30 »

"jacques" = "jay-kweez" or the typical pronunciation?

it's been bugging me. dunno why, though. also, any more pintsize merch anytime soon? someone mentioned in some other thread that a pintsize tie would be awesome. i totally agree.

cheers.
Logged
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

Shale

  • Plantmonster
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 38
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #133 on: 28 Feb 2006, 08:44 »

So, you've been talking a lot lately about how the characters are doing what they want to, not necessarily what their omnicient creator has planned for them. How's that affecting your ability to plan out where the story is going to go?
Logged
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."

ChaoticEvil

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #134 on: 01 Mar 2006, 12:34 »

Can I have a hug?
Logged

nescience

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #135 on: 01 Mar 2006, 14:00 »

Have you ever been arrested?  If so, what for?
Logged

Mnementh

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #136 on: 01 Mar 2006, 14:24 »

Father rapers sitting right there on the bench next to me!  And they was mean and nasty and ugly and horrible crime-type guys sitting on the bench next to me. And the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest father raper of them all, was coming over to me and he was mean 'n' ugly 'n' nasty 'n' horrible and all kind of things and he sat down next to me and said, "Kid, whad'ya get?"  I said, "I didn't get nothing, I had to pay $50 and pick up the garbage."  He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?"And I said, "Littering."  And they all moved away from me on the bench there, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I said, "And creating a nuisance."  And they all came back, shook my hand
Logged

practicality

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #137 on: 01 Mar 2006, 18:13 »

Do you read some of the forum threads, or pretty much ignore most of them so long as we keep the music down and don't wreck the patio furniture?
Logged

ChaoticEvil

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #138 on: 04 Mar 2006, 09:13 »

If you had to drink a beer what brand would it be?
Logged

ProphetHobo

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #139 on: 04 Mar 2006, 10:10 »

1. You should totally come talk to my high school.... I can pay you in hugs.

2. Isn't Sam Beam a hot piece of ass?

3. I've written a few episodes of a conceptual cartoon/comic. The person that was supposed to write it is being a punk about it, and I have no artistic skill. Noone else with any talent has expressed interest in helping. Where do I go from here?

4. Would you ever consider bringing QC to television, perhaps as a cartoon? I personally would love to see it, perhaps on Adult Swim or something.
Logged

Thrillho

  • Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13,193
  • Fair warning, an avatar change is coming
    • Do They Have To Use Drums?
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #140 on: 04 Mar 2006, 10:13 »

Dear Jeph

Marry me.

I'm kidding.

Or am I?

If you're into it, I'm not.

If you think that's creepy, I'm kidding. Obvs.

Anyway, my question is this - your main focus in this comic pretty much revolves around nookie; everyone is basically looking for some ass, especially Marten. My question is this - what kind of an attitude to have towards actually showing sexual scenes in your comic? We've seen Raven flash, but her nipples were obscured, and we've seen that ginger girl whose name escapes me naked covered in a sheet post-shag, but no actual boom-boom has gone on in the cartoons. Is this conscious on your part? I mean, obviously it is, but is this because it's not really necessary, or because it's not the main characters who've been having the sex, or is it because you don't want to show nudity and sexual scenes in the comic itself, or another reason?

Cartilage Head

  • Only pretending to work
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2,207
  • Do Me Baby
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #141 on: 05 Mar 2006, 13:16 »

In disagree that the comic is ass-achievement oriented! Just for the record.
Logged
Hate, rain on me

i_am_the_dragonlady

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #142 on: 05 Mar 2006, 22:47 »

I know you've pointed out that the comic isn't wholly based in reality (pintsize, yay!), but I've been wondering. It seems to me that your goal for QC is that it be a relatively realistic story and comic-- relatively realistic art, and people in the story, and story itself-- albeit a humorous one. Do you try to keep the number of characters you're working with on an in-depth sort of scale to a minimum to make it a little easier to keep things in hand, or does that become impossible when you're dealing with characters who have three-dimensional lives, and run into new people (or old friends) all the time?  Do you prefer to work with a larger number of characters at once, or a smaller number?

Also, in regards to FF8: Did you like Laguna too? I think I remember seeing that you liked Selphie. They are similarly awesome. Er um. Yes.
Logged

jeph

  • Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • ******
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1,912
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #143 on: 05 Mar 2006, 23:57 »

Quote from: Mikendher
If you could choose three bands to play a private show for you and your friends, what bands would they be?


Broken Social Scene, Mogwai, Opeth

Quote from: misfit4leaf
So how was it doing the con with R.K. Milholland?


Randy is an evil, evil man. It was delightful.

Quote from: Dimi
What I also would like to know is, when or if this happens, will the story conclude, or will we all come witness to a few new episodes of "Marten and Faye get married! wootily woot woot!" and maybe "Marten and Faye get pregnant........simultaneously! wootily woot woot!" and something along the lines of "Pintsize wakes up a REAL boy" or "Pintsize wakes up a REAL.................i dunno....pint?"


I'm going to keep doing the comic until it feels like I should stop. Not sure when that's going to be.

Quote from: ChaoticEvil
Jeph.. if you could have anything or anyone (or both) who/what/wohwhat would it be?

Go on indulge me and my sillyness


More guitars.

Quote from: hey_there_fatty
I really,really have a feeling that only a few people read anything on or related to the site other than the strip itself.
 N E WAI,Jeph,another bizarre question involving your name..is you last name the French pronounciation (similar to "jhock") or whut?
 Second,have you happened to read Joey Comeau's "Lockpick Pornography"?
 Third,HUAGLUAGHULUHUAGLUAGUAHLUG?
 And finally....do you enjoy any musical theatre?


The last name is pronounced "jacks" (long, boring story). I haven't read it yet but I hear it's real good. BLUGHALUGBALUGHLAH. No, I pretty much hate anything that involves people spontaneously bursting into song.

Quote from: Adele
Hey Jeph, I just wanted to check: are you okay with me taking art from your site and using it as an avatar in other forums?

Also, because obviously people will ask about the av and I want to spread the word, when I tell folk about QC how do you want me to big it up?


Sure thing, as long as you give me the proper credit if/when people ask where you got it from.

Quote from: practicality
What's the best way to have tea?


Depends on the tea. Earl Grey is good with a bit of lemon, but for something stronger (like Irish teas) you're better off adding a bunch of milk and sugar. Iced tea must be served sweet.

Quote from: Somethingfake
I've seen loads of dune referenaces in your comics and a few hitchhikers, so a couple of questions.

1)When did you discover both works
2)Which do you find to be better/funnier?


Found 'em both in high school. I don't think you can really compare the two, they're pretty different. I have Dune memorized. Still working on memorizing Hitchhiker's. One thing both series have in common is the early books are way better than the later ones in the series.

Quote from: Smile
Jeph: do you ever shop at the whole foods in hadley?

I thought I saw you there once, but I did not want to say anything because it would've been weird and creepy!


Sometimes! If you see me feel free to say hi, I like meeting people who read the comic. I promise I will not murder you (often).

Quote from: Valiant
I've noticed that you have a TON of sci-fi references.  I'm a huge sci-fi fan, but I've been kinda held up on what kind of stuff to read.  Any suggestions?

Secondly, what are your favorite sci-fi/fantasy books?


Check out Larry Niven, Stephen Baxter, Vernor Vinge, William Gibson, Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov...that should keep you busy for a few years.

Quote from: Somethingfake
who would would emerge victorious after a fight, snoopy or gromit?


Snoopy lives in a fantasy world. Gromit is a dog who gets things done. Gromit would destroy Snoopy.

Quote from: Something Witty
DEAR JEORPH: Do you ever feel ripped off by reading the newest strip of your own comic, and knowing what happens next?

Should I cut my hair short or leave it long?

Also, what is your favourite kind if pizza?



No, I don't. Leave it long, that seems to be in style these days. Anything with meat on it.

Quote from: AndreTheOtter
which is better on pb and j
chunky peanut butter or creamy?


LOL B AND J LOL

Quote from: Shale
So, you've been talking a lot lately about how the characters are doing what they want to, not necessarily what their omnicient creator has planned for them. How's that affecting your ability to plan out where the story is going to go?


It has pretty much ruined my ability to plan out where the story is going. It's actually more fun this way though.

Quote from: ChaoticEvil
Can I have a hug?


Did you take a shower today?

Quote from: nescience
Have you ever been arrested?  If so, what for?


No, I try not to break the law too much.

Quote from: practicality
Do you read some of the forum threads, or pretty much ignore most of them so long as we keep the music down and don't wreck the patio furniture?


I don't really have time to keep up with anything but the comic discussion boards. I'll check the other forums if I hear tell of hijinks though.

Quote from: ChaoticEvil
If you had to drink a beer what brand would it be?


"HAD" to? What's this "had to" bullshit? I like beer!

Quote from: ProphetHobo
1. You should totally come talk to my high school.... I can pay you in hugs.

2. Isn't Sam Beam a hot piece of ass?

3. I've written a few episodes of a conceptual cartoon/comic. The person that was supposed to write it is being a punk about it, and I have no artistic skill. Noone else with any talent has expressed interest in helping. Where do I go from here?

4. Would you ever consider bringing QC to television, perhaps as a cartoon? I personally would love to see it, perhaps on Adult Swim or something.


1. If you can pay for the transportation/hotel fees, sure.
2. I am eternally jealous of his amazing facial hair.
3. Do what I did, learn to draw.
4. Probably not. Doing a TV series would mean giving up some creative control.

Quote from: DynamiteKid
Dear Jeph

Marry me.

I'm kidding.

Or am I?

If you're into it, I'm not.

If you think that's creepy, I'm kidding. Obvs.

Anyway, my question is this - your main focus in this comic pretty much revolves around nookie; everyone is basically looking for some ass, especially Marten. My question is this - what kind of an attitude to have towards actually showing sexual scenes in your comic? We've seen Raven flash, but her nipples were obscured, and we've seen that ginger girl whose name escapes me naked covered in a sheet post-shag, but no actual boom-boom has gone on in the cartoons. Is this conscious on your part? I mean, obviously it is, but is this because it's not really necessary, or because it's not the main characters who've been having the sex, or is it because you don't want to show nudity and sexual scenes in the comic itself, or another reason?


Sorry, I'm spoken for.

I won't ever do nudity in my comic mainly because I want people to be able to look at it at work without getting fired, if possible. Also drawing people doin' it would feel REALLY creepy.

Quote from: i_am_the_dragonlady
I know you've pointed out that the comic isn't wholly based in reality (pintsize, yay!), but I've been wondering. It seems to me that your goal for QC is that it be a relatively realistic story and comic-- relatively realistic art, and people in the story, and story itself-- albeit a humorous one. Do you try to keep the number of characters you're working with on an in-depth sort of scale to a minimum to make it a little easier to keep things in hand, or does that become impossible when you're dealing with characters who have three-dimensional lives, and run into new people (or old friends) all the time?  Do you prefer to work with a larger number of characters at once, or a smaller number?

Also, in regards to FF8: Did you like Laguna too? I think I remember seeing that you liked Selphie. They are similarly awesome. Er um. Yes.


I just add characters as I feel like, pretty much. As long as I don't feel like I'm overextending myself I think I'm doing an okay job.

The Laguna parts of FF8 kind of bugged me. I don't like fighting battles and gaining experience in an RPG if it doesn't go towards the main push of the game- it feels like a waste of time. My main party usually consisted of Squall, Rinoa, and either Zell or Quistis- towards the end of the game your best bet is to have Squall do all the fighting and have the other two characters run healing/support magic. Meltdown + Aura = destruction.
Logged
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

ChaoticEvil

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #144 on: 06 Mar 2006, 09:25 »

Hooray for continual chains of questioning?


Quote from: jeph
Quote from: ChaoticEvil
Can I have a hug?


Did you take a shower today?


I did actually *nods*
Quote from: jeph

Quote from: ChaoticEvil
If you had to drink a beer what brand would it be?


"HAD" to? What's all this "had to" shit about? I like beer.


Well then? Which brand?
Logged

Storm Rider

  • Older than Moses
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4,136
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #145 on: 06 Mar 2006, 17:09 »

Jeph, are there any plans to introduce more male characters, or make the existing ones more central to the story?
Logged
Quote
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

ProphetHobo

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #146 on: 06 Mar 2006, 20:05 »

How much are plane tickets to New York from wherever you are stationed?

You could bunk with me! I'll have a metal DDR pad thingy in a few days! We could stomp arrows until the break of dawn!

:-*
Logged

i_am_the_dragonlady

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #147 on: 06 Mar 2006, 21:25 »

Quote from: jeph
I just add characters as I feel like, pretty much. As long as I don't feel like I'm overextending myself I think I'm doing an okay job.

The Laguna parts of FF8 kind of bugged me. I don't like fighting battles and gaining experience in an RPG if it doesn't go towards the main push of the game- it feels like a waste of time. My main party usually consisted of Squall, Rinoa, and either Zell or Quistis- towards the end of the game your best bet is to have Squall do all the fighting and have the other two characters run healing/support magic. Meltdown + Aura = destruction.


Cool!

Ahh, I see. (Quistis. <3) Thanks for answering! ^^
Logged

Cartilage Head

  • Only pretending to work
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2,207
  • Do Me Baby
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #148 on: 07 Mar 2006, 08:14 »

Another thing..I was wondering how you came across Jerkcity..it dosen't seem like the easiest site to get to unless you visit the horrid sites it is linked from.

 And also..I would really like to hear the story if it is so..have you ever fallen victim to any kind of prank flash animation (the kinds that are meant to scare you with a sudden suprise and are like "AUUUGGGHH" and you're all like "AHHHHHHH").

 Third..*bursts into song* ON MY OOOOWWWN..PRETENDING HE'S BESIDE MEEEEEEE..ALL ALOOOOOONE I WALK WITH HIIIM TILL MOOOORRNIIIIING...
Logged
Hate, rain on me

practicality

  • Guest
The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #149 on: 07 Mar 2006, 19:47 »

Do you watch much TV besides Project Runway?

ALSO: Are you happy with who won?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49   Go Up