THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 08:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ask Jeph thread  (Read 1192187 times)

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
Re: The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #1600 on: 16 Feb 2009, 22:12 »

yes! *punches air*  :laugh:  :-o  :angel:
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't, I'll just respond, cleverly." Donald Rumsfeld

ponderch3rry

• Plantmonster
  • lollercoaster
    • Seek Porpoise - A webcomic
« Reply #1601 on: 17 Feb 2009, 18:31 »

Jeph,

Do you have a SG account? I, too, like to look at naked women *points to username*

^_^
My webcomic:
www.seekporpoise.net

~~~ om nom nom nom~~~

Jesus166

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #1602 on: 18 Feb 2009, 01:15 »

NOTE: SKIPPING THINGS THAT CAN BE ANSWERED WITH A SIMPLE YES OR NO

Naruto Or One Piece? They are manga/anime by the way....

Ew NEITHER

(secretly reads Naruto, is ashamed)

One Piece is better By the Way....

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #1603 on: 18 Feb 2009, 01:47 »

Jeph,

Do you have a SG account? I, too, like to look at naked women *points to username*

^_^

I do, but I haven't used it in a couple years. Having met a few SGs I feel kind of weird looking at them. It makes for awkward conversations at conventions.

"Hey I read your comic!"

"Hey I've seen your butthole!"
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Mabus_Zero

• Plantmonster
  • A Monk/Mr. Clean Hybrid
« Reply #1604 on: 18 Feb 2009, 04:27 »

Would Hannelore have given herself 'death by a thousand cuts' if you'd read my mind earlier in thinking that she should sleep with the immature chick that hardly bathed, simply to pair opposites?
'One guard tells only the truth, one only tells lies, and the other stabs people that ask tricky questions.'

ponderch3rry

• Plantmonster
  • lollercoaster
    • Seek Porpoise - A webcomic
« Reply #1605 on: 18 Feb 2009, 14:53 »

Jeph,

^_^

I do, but I haven't used it in a couple years. Having met a few SGs I feel kind of weird looking at them. It makes for awkward conversations at conventions.

"Hey I read your comic!"

Maaaaaaaaaaaan I know what you mean... One of my friends recently became a hopeful and it was all:

"Does my vagina look OK in this picture? Should I have put more oil on my butt?"

0_o
My webcomic:
www.seekporpoise.net

~~~ om nom nom nom~~~

moshimoshi_haihai

« Reply #1606 on: 18 Feb 2009, 16:36 »

Dear Jeph,
I am a broke college student trying to make my way to the webcomics weekend to meet YOU (of course) and others. I want to start my own webcomic and I think going to this shindig would be an obvious way to ASK AS MANY QUESTIONS AS POSSIBLE of the people who do it best. How would you suggest I go about doing this? Plane tickets are expensive.  :| I was thinking about starting a thread asking people from my area and attempting car pool/gas money but I thought this might be...unsafe?
Thanks!

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #1607 on: 18 Feb 2009, 17:12 »

Jeph,

^_^

"Hey I read your comic!"

Maaaaaaaaaaaan I know what you mean... One of my friends recently became a hopeful and it was all:

"Does my vagina look OK in this picture? Should I have put more oil on my butt?"

0_o

I need to know this person.
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't, I'll just respond, cleverly." Donald Rumsfeld

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #1608 on: 18 Feb 2009, 18:38 »

you don't want that vagina. You should give it to me.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #1609 on: 18 Feb 2009, 18:41 »

"Naw, it's not trouble at all. I got a carving knife right here, we can do this right now!"

....did I take it too far?
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #1610 on: 18 Feb 2009, 19:38 »

no no.

*looks at knife nervously*

you have that vagina.

*steps back*

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #1611 on: 18 Feb 2009, 19:39 »

Jeph, how would hannelore react if you covered her in poop?

I must know!

I...I DON'T KNOW  :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #1612 on: 18 Feb 2009, 19:48 »

well, okay. That 98.6 on Jeph's other thread has now been matched.

TheViscount

« Reply #1613 on: 20 Feb 2009, 01:48 »

I`m not sure if this has been asked, but Jeph, are one of your parents Quebecois, or French? I mean, Jacque is pretty french as it is, and you use french a lot in your webcomics, as do you mention Canada. What`s up with that, not that there is anything wrong with it?

The_Bartender

« Reply #1614 on: 20 Feb 2009, 03:54 »

Dear Jeph,
I am a broke college student trying to make my way to the webcomics weekend to meet YOU (of course) and others. I want to start my own webcomic and I think going to this shindig would be an obvious way to ASK AS MANY QUESTIONS AS POSSIBLE of the people who do it best. How would you suggest I go about doing this? Plane tickets are expensive.  :| I was thinking about starting a thread asking people from my area and attempting car pool/gas money but I thought this might be...unsafe?
Thanks!

Not sure where you are coming from, but have you looked into bus travel?  Greyhound has some really good deals at times, and they also have plans that let you buy a ticket from one destination to another and get off at stops in between as much as you want.

Cavalcade

« Reply #1615 on: 20 Feb 2009, 04:32 »

When did Hannelore quit smoking? I mean I was just rolling on through the archive and noticed, "hey, her dialogue was far more whippy when she first appeared and she smoked!"

Merge

« Reply #1616 on: 20 Feb 2009, 06:49 »

Dear Jeph,
Thanks!

I'm sure Jeph will answer this question himself more in depth later, but I would like to suggest paypal.  As it is probably the easiest and safest way to receive money online, without having to give out your address to the Russian Mob.

Merge

« Reply #1617 on: 20 Feb 2009, 08:45 »

Hey, in comic #771, remember how dora is erasing that question off of the board?  I was wondering if we could have another rendition of it here?  Or perhaps a T-shirt design?

moshimoshi_haihai

« Reply #1618 on: 20 Feb 2009, 09:31 »

Thanks for the responses. So, greyhound and paypal?
One thing: I took the greyhound to Chicago this past fall and the creepiest incident happened. Some middle-aged guy sat next to me, I fell asleep, and when i woke up he tapped me and whispered "i had to sit next to you. you were like a flash of light...i was so attracted to you."
When I said, "um..well....thanks?" he began petting me and I politely said, "You need to...not do that." and he apologized. needless to say, the rest of the ride shot my nerves with the discomfort and awkwardness.
For some reason, I trust car pool more because I used to travel between college and home using a car pool system within the college. (until i transferred to a school closer to home) I never had problems with car pool.
I want to go to webcomics weekend terribly though...so I'm pretty willing to attempt greyhound again.

Mallli_kite

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Being Different, just like everybody else.
« Reply #1619 on: 20 Feb 2009, 14:54 »

Is it hopeless to wonder if you'll ever do DragonCon and sit on Comics row?  I promise, I'd buy something and I wouldn't stare for too long.  You could call it research into Faye's Background.
I have nothing to say, but that's never stopped me.

Zanzan

• Not quite a lurker
  • nuh.
« Reply #1620 on: 21 Feb 2009, 05:20 »

Is the typo in comic 460 intentional?
Anything, anything for my baby.

Mallli_kite

« Reply #1621 on: 21 Feb 2009, 06:21 »

That is Star Trek Nitpicker worthy, really.  I'm kind of impressed.

Creeped, but impressed.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #1622 on: 21 Feb 2009, 09:55 »

Man, there is no typo.  Unless he took offense to (fucking) being spelt like (fuckin').
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #1623 on: 21 Feb 2009, 10:54 »

pedant
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Guido Sarducci

• FIGHT YOU
  • It'sa notta so bad...
« Reply #1624 on: 21 Feb 2009, 11:09 »

*looks innocently at the ceiling and whistles*

just kidding Jens :laugh:

Merge

« Reply #1625 on: 21 Feb 2009, 13:53 »

Jeph:

The RSS feeds, do they go back as far as novemeber simply because that's when you started doing them?  Or do they go back for a specific time block and start clearing every month or so...

I really like how the RSS newsposts are different from the regular newsposts, I find them amusing.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1626 on: 21 Feb 2009, 14:16 »

Hey!

Cut the newbie some slack, for all we know that's as far through the comic he's got!  Remember the rules, a newbie has to do something like that three times before we form the lynch mob!

:D  ;)
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #1627 on: 21 Feb 2009, 19:42 »

Your avatar is terrible and I've never seen you post.

Protip: you're still a newbie.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1628 on: 21 Feb 2009, 20:03 »

My Avatar suits the description below it.  I've been here since 2006 and Post mainly in WCT.

I Post when I have something to say, even if it's only a humerous comment meant in jest.
James The Kugai 

Zanzan

• Not quite a lurker
  • nuh.
« Reply #1629 on: 22 Feb 2009, 01:00 »

Did you sign up on a forum to comment on a typo that is four years old?

I mean I thought I was a pedant but damn dude.

Having two teachers as parents tends to have some sort of effect like that.

To answer your question, no! :P
Anything, anything for my baby.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1630 on: 22 Feb 2009, 02:04 »

Having two teachers as parents

In time one learns to temper the effects...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Merge

« Reply #1631 on: 22 Feb 2009, 10:48 »

As a T-shirt idea, in comic 1076 Sven talks about how he KNOWS that hanners is off limits... I think that his last line "There's a sign that says Detour, any other female in sight" Would make a good T-shirt, wasn't sure where to put that so I thought here was good (better than the merch thread?)

Mallli_kite

« Reply #1632 on: 22 Feb 2009, 21:20 »

Grammar is important to some.  I've got a thing for proper punctuation.  Stop Apostrophe abuse.

Kugai, someone has never seen you!  You must not exist!  Oh Noes!  Aren't you glad there's someone around to tell you all about you? ;)

As for my own existence, I have doubts, having read too much Sartre in my youth, (and possibly too much Tom Robbins), but then, I never depend on others to define me -- not that it stops them.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1633 on: 22 Feb 2009, 21:32 »

The implication was that I spend too much time on this board and am familiar with most everyone who wouldn't be considered a newbie.

Mallli_kite

« Reply #1634 on: 22 Feb 2009, 21:35 »

The implication is that you don't check profiles, which I did.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1635 on: 22 Feb 2009, 21:41 »

It's not really "date registered" but "quality of posts" and "ability to interact with other forumites" that matters here.

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1636 on: 23 Feb 2009, 12:11 »

I guess humour is subjective.

My last two comments were meant in jest.  No offence meant and, I hope none taken.
James The Kugai 

Random832

« Reply #1637 on: 23 Feb 2009, 16:15 »

I really like how the RSS newsposts are different from the regular newsposts, I find them amusing.

I wrote a script to load the current strip's RSS newspost and show it as hover text (like xkcd), that way i don't have to load the RSS in the browser along with all the images (waste of bandwidth) to see what he wrote.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #1638 on: 24 Feb 2009, 13:06 »

I`m not sure if this has been asked, but Jeph, are one of your parents Quebecois, or French? I mean, Jacque is pretty french as it is, and you use french a lot in your webcomics, as do you mention Canada. What`s up with that, not that there is anything wrong with it?

Nope. The name is French Huguenot. My ancient ancestors were SO LAME they got kicked out of France and THEN BRITAIN.  :mrgreen:

When did Hannelore quit smoking? I mean I was just rolling on through the archive and noticed, "hey, her dialogue was far more whippy when she first appeared and she smoked!"

I dunno. A while ago I guess.

Hey, in comic #771, remember how dora is erasing that question off of the board?  I was wondering if we could have another rendition of it here?  Or perhaps a T-shirt design?

no

Is it hopeless to wonder if you'll ever do DragonCon and sit on Comics row?  I promise, I'd buy something and I wouldn't stare for too long.  You could call it research into Faye's Background.

If DragonCon would EVER FUCKING GET BACK TO ME about getting a table, sure.

Jeph:

The RSS feeds, do they go back as far as novemeber simply because that's when you started doing them?  Or do they go back for a specific time block and start clearing every month or so...

I have no idea, I hate RSS, the only reason I have a feed is because people complain constantly if I don't

PS totally writing Kugai/Ballard slash and beatin' off

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1639 on: 24 Feb 2009, 13:37 »

My ancient ancestors were SO LAME they got kicked out of France and THEN BRITAIN.

I know the descendents of some Jacques that managed to stay here in Britain; but they pronounce the name as "Jakes".
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

nuto

« Reply #1640 on: 24 Feb 2009, 14:01 »

1.) Will you ever update your characters page?
2.) What's going on with steve???
3.) Your favorite Northampton locations?

Mallli_kite

« Reply #1641 on: 24 Feb 2009, 17:52 »

Dragoncon is notoriously bad about the whole getting back to you thing (I did their art show for about 5 years -- Now I just slave for a friend in the Exhibitor's Hall.).  Chances are you contacted one person and then that person had some drama (they are ALWAYS having drama) and quit and the takeover person hasn't even seen your request. 

Jenny Breeden of Devil's Panties had a table (for the first time!  She usually just hangs under the stairs) last year.  Maybe she knows the situation.

But, please, I beg, try again.  It would be very cool to see you there.

disaacs

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1642 on: 24 Feb 2009, 18:11 »

Jeph,

QC is all done in Photoshop. Do you regularly draw with pen and paper (or pencil and paper or brush and canvas —whatever) as well? If you do, would you say your traditional drawing skills are similar to your computer drawing skills, or is one definitely better than the other?

Cheers!

DPI

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1643 on: 24 Feb 2009, 19:06 »

Mallli_kite, I hope you don't mind if I ask you, but your mentioning of D*C has got me wondering - Do I know you from any other Forums?

Just Curious.
James The Kugai 

Mallli_kite

« Reply #1644 on: 25 Feb 2009, 07:04 »

Mallli_kite, I hope you don't mind if I ask you, but your mentioning of D*C has got me wondering - Do I know you from any other Forums?

Just Curious.

Kugai -- not as far as I know

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1645 on: 25 Feb 2009, 19:45 »

Just Curious.

Kugai -- not as far as I know

OK, just wondered if I knew you from the three McCaffrey sites I haunt.
James The Kugai 

azurefirem

• Plantmonster
  • a mysterious irrelephant
« Reply #1646 on: 25 Feb 2009, 20:37 »

Why are there six links to Comic 1305 in the archives?
Quote from: KickThatBathProf
Fun Fact:  You can shower and brush your teeth simultaneously

oh my god can i touch you???

DaveSangor05

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #1647 on: 25 Feb 2009, 21:56 »

Jeph,

2 quick questions:

1. were you called "weird" as a kid because you are left handed? (I Know i was..)

2. have you ever had issues with smearing your drawing when using pen and paper?

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #1648 on: 26 Feb 2009, 00:42 »

Jeph,

QC is all done in Photoshop. Do you regularly draw with pen and paper (or pencil and paper or brush and canvas —whatever) as well? If you do, would you say your traditional drawing skills are similar to your computer drawing skills, or is one definitely better than the other?

Cheers!

DPI

I really only draw by hand during conventions, and my hand drawing skills are not as good at my Photoshop skills, if only because paper does not have an undo function.

Mallli_kite

« Reply #1649 on: 26 Feb 2009, 06:15 »

When did this become SexyDads.org Official Message Board (I'm taking a screenshot just in case) or did my mind break and I missed it?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 49   Go Up