THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ask Jeph thread  (Read 1174447 times)

pandatastic

Re: The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #450 on: 08 Jan 2007, 10:51 »

Well, R. K. Milholland (something positive comic artist) posted something on his website about being there, so I got my hopes up.

Trainwreck

« Reply #451 on: 09 Jan 2007, 05:31 »

Jeph.

If the Yellow Dart and Faye hung out, what do you think would happen?

Also, where did my gloves go?

intelmole

« Reply #452 on: 11 Jan 2007, 21:14 »

I figure this is about the right place for this, so here goes:

Technical stuff.  Jeph, how do you save your .png files?  I'm wondering because stripes like this have that banding effect in the background.  I wasn't sure if that was you actually doing that intentionally or the process of saving it to png.

I'm a PC guy so I've no idea if the software you're using has it, but one of the PNG export options on my version of PSP is to use a custom palette of 256 colurs, which might remove this effect (if it's not you doing it :-D)

Piros

« Reply #453 on: 12 Jan 2007, 00:40 »

Did you know that the word copyright has been misspelled as copyrigt since you added the year 2007 to the copyright?

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #454 on: 12 Jan 2007, 07:02 »

Jeph.

If the Yellow Dart and Faye hung out, what do you think would happen?

Also, where did my gloves go?

They'd probably get along pretty well, actually. Dart knows how to behave himself around murderous women!

Hopefully not the same place Eric's camera went.

OMG INSIDE JOKES LHGLBGLAUGLGB
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

onefingertoomany

« Reply #455 on: 13 Jan 2007, 08:58 »

Dear Jeph,

so I'm totally gonna move this year... but i don't know where? Arizona or East Hampton?

~kelly

Locke

« Reply #456 on: 17 Jan 2007, 16:34 »

Jeph,

As a screenwriter/director/filmwhore I am compelled to ask:  Would you ever consider a film adaptation of QC, and if so, what would its tone be?  Would you want it to stick to the more outlandish humor of the strip (Think Clerks 1, with a thin plot but heavy joking), or would you want it to go in a direction more akin to Clerks 2, a social satire with a firm beginning, middle, and end?

kokeyjoe

« Reply #457 on: 17 Jan 2007, 16:53 »

Don't forget about the donkey scene!

Locke

« Reply #458 on: 17 Jan 2007, 19:32 »

Oh yeah, Add one more question Jeph:  If you were to have a QC movie, what animal would be involved in the bestiality jokes, and why?

spet

« Reply #459 on: 18 Jan 2007, 01:55 »

I love the comic in general, but quantum jokes really make my day (might be 'cause I study physics). Do you have some kind of scientific background or is quantum physics "just something you picked up" somewhere along the road? You also mentioned, that quantum jokes were a pain to write (and I believe that), so where do you get the inspiration?

(Edit: Corrected spelling errors)
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2007, 03:40 by spet »

The Heret|c

« Reply #460 on: 20 Jan 2007, 22:08 »

Question:

When are you going to update the cast list with the VespAvenger, Thai, and some other characters that have been recently introduced?

Trainwreck

« Reply #461 on: 23 Jan 2007, 01:02 »

*SPLURG*

Hopefully not the same place Eric's camera went.

Oh god... the memories. The memories......

Okay here is one for you. What would it take to bribe you into getting Faye and Hannelore together for an awkward but awesome romantic relationship that somehow ends in the Bahamas during an unexpected rain of frogs? Cause, you know, I have ADD and think about these things.

AnotherQCaddict

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #462 on: 23 Jan 2007, 01:37 »

Did you think the above idea was moronic?
*sneezes* Sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit.

Observer

« Reply #463 on: 23 Jan 2007, 06:57 »

How are Daily Dinosaur Comics so damned fresh EVERY SINGLE DAY?

djcuddlefish

• Not quite a lurker
  • anybody seen my shoes?
« Reply #464 on: 25 Jan 2007, 03:45 »

how come the random strip generator script doesn't bring up anything past #500?

nuh hurrr

Thy Dungeonman

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #465 on: 25 Jan 2007, 06:11 »

It does bring up comics past 500, but they're very rare. After about 15 clicks, I got comic 666.

...and after about 10 more clicks, I got comic 666 again. Strange. Lemme try this one more time.

Clicked twice more, got comic 668.

djcuddlefish

• Not quite a lurker
  • anybody seen my shoes?
« Reply #466 on: 25 Jan 2007, 08:51 »

that's totally awesome/satanic/unnerving.

gotta wonder who's doin your coding when that happens.
nuh hurrr

Evil_Lathander

• Larger than most fish
  • Fighting The World
« Reply #467 on: 25 Jan 2007, 19:26 »

I was kinda goofy/psychedelic if you ask me... like Orange Goblin after they drank 15 Vodka's through a straw or something...
HUMANITY CAN SUCK MY HARDDRIVE

The Overachiever Bandit

« Reply #468 on: 26 Jan 2007, 06:04 »

PS: I'm so going to the July BOC show in Shreveport for my birthday

Shreveport as in Shreveport, LA? Because if so, that's awesome! I totally want to see Blue Oyster Cult.

Anyway, have you ever considered adding anymore AnthroPCs to the cast? Like, not just random extra AnthroPCs, but as full-time cast members?

Desparado767

« Reply #469 on: 26 Jan 2007, 09:23 »

PS: I'm so going to the July BOC show in Shreveport for my birthday

Shreveport as in Shreveport, LA? Because if so, that's awesome! I totally want to see Blue Oyster Cult.

yep thats what I meant
 :mrgreen:

intelmole

« Reply #470 on: 28 Jan 2007, 03:11 »

Jeph, found any cures for insane sleep patterns yet?

Mine goes completely up the spout whenever I have any kind of time off.  As a student, about to get into a whole-semester project, this is a bad thing.

Best thing I've found is to encourage it a little, and then pull an all nighter.  But that sucks for a few days.

Evil_Lathander

• Larger than most fish
  • Fighting The World
« Reply #471 on: 28 Jan 2007, 10:40 »

In this comic you write you made it while drinking belgian beer, you've mentioned Belgium a couple of times more then this.

you like Belgium? I'm form belgium :-P

somethincoolandnonchalant

« Reply #472 on: 30 Jan 2007, 16:31 »

Have you heard of Jenn Grant?  If so do you think she kicks every other canadian indie rockstress' asses together?

http://www.jenngrant.com/music_main.html

mer

« Reply #473 on: 30 Jan 2007, 16:37 »

In this comic you write you made it while drinking belgian beer, you've mentioned Belgium a couple of times more then this.

you like Belgium? I'm form belgium :-P

Could said beer be anything resembeling Leffe?  I had it or the first time just a few weeks ago and it was delecious.

DezertPunk

« Reply #474 on: 02 Feb 2007, 03:20 »

Would I be the first  individual to ask for a  Pintsize/underwear ninja Arc?  I feel that Undewear ninja deserves at least one more comic. i do have about a hundred more to go untill im entirely caught up So  i have hope that he makes a return .. but i have a feeling that i'll be dissapointed ...  no this isn't some weird japanese style  robot panty fetish either i just found it hilarious     

AnotherQCaddict

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #475 on: 03 Feb 2007, 05:27 »

When are you going to take the coffee mug/posters/pintsize plastic doll ideas?

caelan

« Reply #476 on: 03 Feb 2007, 13:31 »

In Fridays comic -- in the first frame .. is that a boy or a girl? caelan*

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #477 on: 03 Feb 2007, 17:33 »

I think it is a cameo by Jeph.

Note the gauges, the slightly shorter hair.. THE TALL?
Hate, rain on me

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #478 on: 03 Feb 2007, 17:43 »

I guess Jeph isn't the guy in his avatar, then?

Seriously, I figured it probably wasn't him, but after all this time, having never seen any likeness of him, I've come to think of him as looking like the guy in his avatar.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #479 on: 03 Feb 2007, 18:13 »

Hate, rain on me

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #480 on: 04 Feb 2007, 23:51 »

HAWT.

Evil_Lathander

• Larger than most fish
  • Fighting The World
« Reply #481 on: 05 Feb 2007, 07:17 »

EAR PIERCING...

nothing for me anyways

smudgeface

« Reply #482 on: 05 Feb 2007, 23:00 »

From the About page:

"Jeph Jacques was born on June 17, 1980 (that makes him 25, if you don't feel like doing the math)..."

Or, you know, if you can't do the math.  :-P

Don't you reckon it's time for a couple updates around here?

Thy Dungeonman

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #483 on: 06 Feb 2007, 10:54 »

Um, I'm pretty sure that makes him 26.

Edit: Oh right, the age is part of the About page, which probably isn't up to date. Never mind.
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2007, 10:57 by Thy Dungeonman »

Countergod

« Reply #484 on: 06 Feb 2007, 23:58 »

Hey Jeph!

THANK YOU FOR THE DUNE REFERENCE!!!

Its been quite a while since you did one (Mom Jabbar i think was the last) and, being a Dune fan myself, I find that those are usually the best punchlines you make! (though I may be a bit biased....) Think you can pull one of Alia off? (I mean the more adultish one in Dune Messiah or Children of Dune. Kinda hard to make a humerous pun off a 3 year old who is fully cognascent and enjoys murdering people O.O though.... I would pay quite a bit of money to see you pull off one of THOSE successfully)

DangerouslyRandom

« Reply #485 on: 08 Feb 2007, 08:30 »

Jeph,

I really like the 'Happy Cloud' Shirt Marten is wearing.

You should make that a shirt, even though you probably have enough t-shirt designs in mind!!

Also, why are you never on AIM? I wanted to interview you for a paper about webcomics. ;_;

Bytor

« Reply #486 on: 08 Feb 2007, 20:59 »

I think this is probably a good idea. Post questions you have here (check the FAQ first for the more common ones) and I will do my best to answer them.
OK GO

So, Jeph, where's the obligatory Canadian minor character? It seems to me that QC takes place in Boston and there is a rather large Canadian expat community there (http://www.canadianclubofboston.com/), so what's up eh? :-) (Said the Canadian QC fan.)

Azrhia

« Reply #487 on: 11 Feb 2007, 09:24 »

gosh  :-o   Ever feel like siccing Faye or Dora on the forum posters?
However I would like to second the request for larger size T-shirts... trying to squeeze me into one would result in EBF... not a pretty sight, trust me. :-P
I enjoy the comic very much and look forward to future developments.
BTW if thelarger sizes cost more just charge more for them, we all pay for our sins eventually anyway, lol.

kandelon

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #488 on: 12 Feb 2007, 05:53 »

Just read today's (Feb 12th's) comic and wanted to say very nice job on the architecture. Now for my questions:

1) Did they just turn the corner past Taipei Tokyo?
and
2) They're almost at my office. Can you have them come say 'hi'?

tehdan

« Reply #489 on: 14 Feb 2007, 16:28 »

Will you ever release a printed version of your comic? Similar to Megatokyo and MacHall? It's just...I'm too lazy to make one myself. But believe me, I would buy it if you made it! xD

penguinzaz

« Reply #490 on: 15 Feb 2007, 14:58 »

Hey Jeph

So somewhere I read you have drawn for the Advocate. That little dude in the question and answer column, you drew him right? (I figure with as little sense as I'm making, if you did draw him you'd know what I was talking about.)

And also, your drawings of noho are amazing. That's not a question, but I love seeing stores and guessing which ones they would be. As soon as I get to leave western mass I'm sure QC will be what makes me homesick.

Are you gonna stick with just Smif, or are you gonna add some of the other 4 colleges sometime?

. Brian .

« Reply #491 on: 15 Feb 2007, 16:53 »

I seriously haven't seen anything like these webcomics in... well forever actually <.< I love the way your comics are drawn and how I can relate to them so much. Just a couple of questions...

1. If we took one of our favourite comics made my you and posted it on our own website or myspace would that me alright as long as we put in Copyright of J. Jaques 2003-2007. Gave a link to your website etc.?

2. Is there ever going to be an end to these comics? I sincerely hope not considering most of my time is spent reading your comics over and over waiting for new ones. (YAY! lolz im a n3rd).

Anyway trying to save up what little money I have to buy one of your T-Shirts ^_^ Add Pintsize to the comics more often he has always been the best.

By the way, have you ever considered making some sort of Pintsize plush doll or something? @_@

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #492 on: 16 Feb 2007, 01:52 »

tehdan: Jeph has said that he has lately been working on a QC book! This is terribly exciting.

Brian: I am pretty sure Jeph is okay with that. Just don't hotlink, I guess. The servers already get enough stress. I also believe that once Jeph did say that there was definitely going to be an end to QC, he just wasn't really sure when - it could be next week, or three years from now. As for the Pintsize dolls, I think you'll be waiting a while. Some board members have taken to making their own, for example here and here!

</jeph stalker mode>

AnotherQCaddict

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #493 on: 16 Feb 2007, 12:48 »

Two questions

What is Morgue girl's name?

Why has nobody celebrated a birthday within the comic yet?

tehdan

« Reply #494 on: 16 Feb 2007, 14:07 »

tehdan: Jeph has said that he has lately been working on a QC book! This is terribly exciting.
Ah, thanks for letting me know and therein nother bother Jeph with a repeat of the question. ^_^

philharmonic

• Furry furrier
« Reply #495 on: 19 Feb 2007, 20:24 »

Comment: I've noticed you occasionally check out the project wonderful links on the side of the page. I also check them out once and awhile.

Question 1: Have you looked at "Dueling Analogs"?

Question 2: What was your impression of it?

Comment: There have been many times i've clicked on those ads and thought they were dumb but that one was cool. Thank you for continuing to have those ads on your page. Oh and by the way i think Penny Arcade now has some competition.
*was getting tired of that slug*

Madness Hero

• Not quite a lurker
    • Fan of AGI
« Reply #496 on: 20 Feb 2007, 10:38 »

Hey Jeph.  I'm a new fan of your strip, and I'm in a exploratory phase when it comes to music.  Your RL listings are really helping me to diversify my music tastes, so thanks.

Now here is my question:  I noticed from and earlier question that you played M:TG.  Have you seen the current set yet? (Time Spiral and Planar Chaos)  If so, what do you think of the changes that are occurring to the game? (Planar Chaos released a green Ball Lightning called Groundbreaker, a blue Serra Angel call Serra Sphinx, and a black Wrath of God called Damnation, just to name a few changes.)
Check out All Games Interactive, a gaming podcast live online at 6:30pm EST/3:30pm PST on www.allgames.com.

jwilliams

« Reply #497 on: 20 Feb 2007, 14:52 »

Jeph-  I recently discovered QC.  THANKS!!  Your work is great!  Two quick thoughts:

1) Have you ever watched the BBC comedy "Coupling"?  Your comic makes me think of that show... similar themes and sense of humor.  A very funny show that I'd highly recommend to anyone.

2) A lot of people have asked for mugs... have you thought about using a service like CafePress.com for some lines of products?  (No... I'm not from the company.  I'm just a guy thinking of my own selfish motives.  The more money you make off the strip, the longer you're likely to keep it going!)

Thanks.

GodofGrunts

« Reply #498 on: 21 Feb 2007, 14:52 »

Hey Jeph,

On your FAQ page you have a sentence that says "I don't so link exchange" It should be "do" and not "so"

neverwiththeflow

« Reply #499 on: 22 Feb 2007, 11:19 »

if there was to be a flashlarp (like tai does), should we tip you off as to when and where, or just send a link to the youtube video?  :?
wheeeee!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49   Go Up