THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ask Jeph thread  (Read 1174470 times)

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
Re: The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #700 on: 08 Oct 2007, 13:15 »

Yah, first a big thanks to the creator for not only giving me a reason to not fall asleep during Web Design, but also introduced me to a culture genre I really enjoy.

But anyways, being a script writer amateur and meager radioplay director, I often ponder how my favorite things as the title mentioned. So here's a big what if thread for all you guys.

To the creator of the Questionable Content
1. Would you ever have the comic officially to be published in print?
2. Would you then allow someone to purchase lisence to produce a cartoon, Live Action Movie/Tv Show? Indy film, or full Hollywood?
3. Who would you recommend for Actor's / Voice Actor's if any come to mind?
4. Would you ever consider allowing the rights for a non-profit radioplay (Independently recorded). I'd take particular interest in getting your permision and even advisory notes if you say yes.

1. Yes.
2. For millions and millions of dollars, sure.
3. Ewoks.
4. Maybe.

Jeph,

Would you ever consider animating QC for television?

See above.

Jeph,

That's a good question, and as an appendium to that, if you did, would you prefer it in Anime Style?

Ideally, it would basically be Azumanga Daioh with hipsters instead of highschoolers.

Jeph, have you listened to the new Iron and Wine album, Shepherd's Dog? if yes, what are your thoughts?
Also, have you ever thought of coming down to New Zealand? We'd love to have you down here!

[On and end note, if you have any OiNK invites lying around, don't hesitate to send one to me! ([email protected])]

It's not bad. I prefer the songs on Woman King EP.

I would love to visit NZ and Australia someday. Maybe next year sometime.

Jeph, I gotta know, what is up with Hanner's infatuation with Indiana Jones? Does she just love harrison ford in general or what?

He is a sexy professor who fights Nazis.

do you have any idea if Deathmole will stay as a jam band or if it will audition for a vocalist?

Maybe.

I noticed that we never see the characters mention anything about their religious/spiritual beliefs.  Is this because the characters are apathetic towards the issue, or because it doesn't matter in the context of the comic?

That's just a huge can of worms I'd rather not open up.

1. Are you EVER going to make any Zombie Monkey merch (t-shirt, mug, something), or is this just something you don't want to do period?

Ehhhh..

Jeph, did you know that Brian Herbert has started writing Dune books again?  Do his books make you cry a little?

I wonder what raping your father's legacy feels like. Is it squishy?

Dear Jeph,

I am French and so is my sister who's just moved to America to attend Smith University...So I guess I'm asking for Northampton tips: good restaurants, cool bars (euh, no cool bars, since your crazy country won't let you drink until 21.) Thanks!

Dang pretty much all the restaurants are good. Probably the best in town are Eastside Grill, Del Raye, and Green St. Cafe. My personal favorite is Smokin' Lil's Barbeque, but if you're a vegetarian there is almost literally nothing you can eat there.

The Dirty Truth is the coolest bar in town. All the irritating hipster townies drink at Hugo's and the WWII Club.

Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #701 on: 08 Oct 2007, 13:19 »

Okay, I've got another question:

Are you cool with the fact that people refer to you first name only on these forums like a buddy old pal?

Well it IS my username.

What came first, the drawings or the ideas? I mean, did you draw the characters first, or think up their names/personalities first? Or was it like a simultaneous thing?

When I buy the "Everything is Ruined Forever" shirt, how exactly do I explain it to my mom without her telling me that QC is too mature for me? I was thinking of telling her that purple plaid elephants are a sign of the apocalypse.

If you were going trick-or-treating this year, what/who would you dress up as? (I'm going as Velma from Scooby Doo.)

Lastly, do you think this thread will ever die?

Drawings first, actually. I had Hannelore sitting around in a sketchbook for months before I figured out how to put her in the comic.

Tell her it is a joke based around the idea that if you say "try not to think of purple plaid elephants" you will immediately think of purple plaid elephants.

I doubt it. People like asking questions.

Jeph, are you immortal?

To date, it has not been demonstrated otherwise.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #702 on: 09 Oct 2007, 00:18 »

Jeph,

That's a good question, and as an appendium to that, if you did, would you prefer it in Anime Style?

Ideally, it would basically be Azumanga Daioh with hipsters instead of highschoolers.

Well, I suppose that that's better than it being like Noir   :D

Jeph, did you know that Brian Herbert has started writing Dune books again?  Do his books make you cry a little?

I wonder what raping your father's legacy feels like. Is it squishy?

Actually, from what I understand, Frank Herbert never completed the Series, but thankfully left copious notes behind as to where he wanted the story to go before he died.  That's what Brian has been using to create the Novels he's written.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2007, 00:20 by Kugai »
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

estabrookette

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #703 on: 09 Oct 2007, 09:59 »

He is using his father's notes, but reading Brian Herbert's writing is like being hit over the head with smelly fish.  There's none of the subtlety that Frank Herbert's original books had, and that was most of what made it enjoyable (for me, at least).  I like a little intrigue.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2007, 10:00 by estabrookette »
Fornit some fornus.

liescomein

« Reply #704 on: 09 Oct 2007, 21:29 »

Jeph,

Will there be some sort of celebration for the 1000th comic?

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #705 on: 09 Oct 2007, 22:12 »

He is using his father's notes, but reading Brian Herbert's writing is like being hit over the head with smelly fish.  There's none of the subtlety that Frank Herbert's original books had, and that was most of what made it enjoyable (for me, at least).  I like a little intrigue.

Probably true.  After all, despite the fact the man is using his Fathers notes, the simple fact is is he's NOT Frank Herbert.  Still, one has to give him some points for making the attempt.
James The Kugai 

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #706 on: 09 Oct 2007, 22:16 »

No, no one doesn't. The new novels are shit.

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #707 on: 09 Oct 2007, 23:52 »

No, no one doesn't. The new novels are shit.

Ummmmmmmmm

OK

<Shrugs>

Whatever.
James The Kugai 

Maxwellhunter

« Reply #708 on: 10 Oct 2007, 00:49 »

I Noticed that in todays comic, Martin is sportin the 'TEH' shirt. I've been a fan for a long time, and I bought a shirt. It arrived today... The Blue 'TEH' shirt. Do you track the date and put this in the comic when it would arrive? he wasn't wearing a teh shirt earlier in this story arc...

Thanks man.

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #709 on: 10 Oct 2007, 15:16 »

Marten was wearing the TEH shirt right when you got yours?
That's a sign. You need to wear it until Marten takes it off too.
...Except not.
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

BoutASouffle

« Reply #710 on: 11 Oct 2007, 06:49 »

Is the "Teh" shirt an elaborate device planted so that we can keep track of alternate timelines? And thus Marten with shirt is from the future trying to fix a botched-up space/time continuum and Marten w/out shirt is Keyser Söze?

radu

« Reply #711 on: 11 Oct 2007, 08:48 »

You said earlier in this massive thread you had hopes of looking at getting a QC book out around the end of 2007.  How is that going?  Is it still in the works or on the wayside for higher priority projects?

I got half of the staff at my university's library hooked onto your comic thanks to that "she blinded me with library science" shirt.

I also had to sell off half of my music collection after being introduced to quality music from references in QC and indietits.  Thank you for broadening my musical palette.

StMonkey

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • *Comment of negligible importance*
« Reply #712 on: 11 Oct 2007, 15:16 »

How did you come up with the fantastic and varied names for positions by number of posts? Were you really that bored?
Carpe Gluteum
The bottom line is, if anyone is going to start playing pranks by stuffing large quantities of food in their mouths, be wary.

Hobbs

« Reply #713 on: 11 Oct 2007, 20:53 »

Oh shit. So many questions to ask. Mostly questions that aren't the sort of thing you ask over the internet to someone you've never spoken with before, because its in rather poor taste. Or just not something you generally discuss in a public forum. And there are so many questions that are just nagging and annoying. And there are those questions that don't really tell us anything at all. And a few questions that are just sheer unadulterated nonsenese. So I'll skip those.

1. What is the question you want to be asked most?
2: What is the answer to that question?
3) WHY ARE YOU IGNORING INDIETITS ;_;
D Since, so I've heard, QC started out as a comic about Marten and Pintsize and having an anthropomorphic robot, at what point did you decide that it was going to go in a completely different direction and head off into the lives of young hipsters and there adventures in life? (I hope I didn't bungle the phrasing of that up as much as I'm sure that I did)
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2007, 20:55 by Hobbs »

teh pwn queen

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Capiam vos in obscurum
    • Just fucking click it
« Reply #714 on: 12 Oct 2007, 10:55 »

Okay, I've got another question:

Are you cool with the fact that people refer to you first name only on these forums like a buddy old pal?

Well it IS my username.

I can dig it,

.... Jeph
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2007, 10:57 by teh pwn queen »
I haven't logged in on the forum in literally 10 years and my website URL was still my MySpace profile...

Bearer

• The Corgi Commands Awesome
« Reply #715 on: 12 Oct 2007, 19:57 »

Do you know what happened to Aido's comic Fallen?  I sorely miss it, In fact, it [the comic] is still in my Bookmarks and I periodically check it to see for updates.

Also, did you know you share the same name as author Brian Jacques (of Redwall fame) and have you ever read any of his books growing up?
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2007, 21:05 by Bearer »
Therefore, I cast aside my useless dick-broom, and I let the ocean come.

whitman

• Not quite a lurker
  • ANGRY ORANGE!!
« Reply #716 on: 13 Oct 2007, 13:46 »

Hey Jeph,
Have you ever heard of Dream Theater?  From what I've heard you say about Wolves in the Throne Room and Opeth (I've never actually heard either of those bands...can't find them anywhere nurr), Dream Theater has a lot of those same aspects.  Crazy guitar solos, lengthly songs, bizarre time changes and signatures...
If you have tell me what ya think!
Thanks
I want to go like my grandfather, peacefully in his sleep...not like the passengers screaming in his car

Even if you're on the right track you'll still get run over if you just sit there

tinkerbell

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #717 on: 15 Oct 2007, 00:05 »

Hey Jeph!
I was wondering whether something that will change the QC world completely will happen with comic #1000? I am not asking for specifics, just an indication :)

muteKi

« Reply #718 on: 15 Oct 2007, 09:03 »

Also, did you know you share the same name as author Brian Jacques (of Redwall fame) and have you ever read any of his books growing up?

Also, VG Music Composer Extraordinaire Richard Jacques?

SusurrusIgnoramus

• Furry furrier
  • Up yours, Mr. Bear!
« Reply #719 on: 15 Oct 2007, 09:47 »

this isn't a question, but i figured you read this thread.  just wanted to say you were missed at SPX (by me at least).  looking forward to the possibility of meeting you next year.
"Liquor doesn't punch holes in walls, you just hate your dad."

Jenter888

« Reply #720 on: 15 Oct 2007, 10:07 »

k what the hell was up with that newsbox saying it was "furiously masturbating"? it made me laugh alot but.....it made no sense...technological mumbo jumbo.....and im pretty sure you guys still owe me a pintsize tshirt...im almost postivive i ordered one with my mastercard...then my debit card forgot about it..and i got a new debit card I WANT MY FUGGIN T SHIRT

spgphil

« Reply #721 on: 17 Oct 2007, 01:52 »

Is there any chance of you attending WonderCon in San Francisco in February?
http://www.comic-con.org/wc/index.php

Janny

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #722 on: 17 Oct 2007, 04:24 »

Jeph, I know you love the Dune series, but do you have other favorite sci-fi books? Anything written by Asimov perhaps?

Jenter888

« Reply #723 on: 17 Oct 2007, 21:59 »

Jeph, I know you love the Dune series, but do you have other favorite sci-fi books? Anything written by Asimov perhaps?

asimov is the shit, i loved the robots of dawn, and i want to read other lige bailey series types

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #724 on: 17 Oct 2007, 23:07 »

Do you also read Heinlien?
James The Kugai 

MC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #725 on: 18 Oct 2007, 00:22 »

I had Hannelore sitting around in a sketchbook for months before I figured out how to put her in the comic.

do you have any unissued charecters in your sketchbook right now?

Bearer

• The Corgi Commands Awesome
« Reply #726 on: 18 Oct 2007, 21:19 »

I had Hannelore sitting around in a sketchbook for months before I figured out how to put her in the comic.

do you have any unissued charecters in your sketchbook right now?
The real question should be, do you have any unused characters in said sketchbook that have a possibility of coming into the comic?

Plus, we need more Jimbo and Steve, those guys don't get nearly enough face time man.  Jimbo is just too funny a character to let go.
Therefore, I cast aside my useless dick-broom, and I let the ocean come.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #727 on: 20 Oct 2007, 17:56 »

How do you pronounce "Mieville"?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

billythehick

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://billythehick.blogspot.com
« Reply #728 on: 23 Oct 2007, 16:43 »

you've said before that when people interview you they all just ask the same ten questions.

could you list off the stupid questions they all ask you and the answers?
(you don't have to give exactly ten, just the ones you can think of off the top of your head)

also, since there's a lot of book stuff going on in this thread at the moment, do you read lemony snicket? (elaborate a bit with this one please.)
"WITH COLLOSAL CAPACITY COMES CONSIDERABLE CULPABILITY!"

Ponk

« Reply #729 on: 24 Oct 2007, 05:16 »

Jeph... I was just flicking through the merch page/s because I did a lol Livejournal blog post about the comics I read and which one I would buy books/collections for, and I was reminded about there being cast posters for QC.

So my question is, what is the likelihood of a new, updated cast poster that includes the new additions like Penny, Meena, Tai and Hannelore's strangely poofy hair?

Also I guess, the likelihood of a QC book in the foreseeable future? Because I would buy that book so hard.

And additional, bonus question... Who would win in an all-out, drunken bar brawl; Marten's mum, or Hanners'? (u's in your "mum"s courtesy of the mystical faraway land of Australia) And I'm just assuming that if such a brawl were to occur, Mr. Bianchi would be there with popcorn and a smile.

Sam66

« Reply #730 on: 24 Oct 2007, 16:35 »

Jeph ; Or anybody else can answer this one!

Is it me or does Dora have some serious camel toe going on in in the last panel of comic #998!!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #731 on: 24 Oct 2007, 17:15 »

Why is it that Dora, the most computer-enthusiastic character, doesn't have an AnthroPC?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Toba

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Earl of Flamthrowe
    • cons.truct
« Reply #732 on: 24 Oct 2007, 19:32 »

Because she got a linux machine embedded in her left forearm back in comic #125.  She doesn't need a computer anymore.
boldly going nowhere

C Patrick Carolan

« Reply #733 on: 25 Oct 2007, 22:15 »

I'm pretty sure that never happened.

billythehick

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://billythehick.blogspot.com
« Reply #734 on: 26 Oct 2007, 05:27 »

didn't you see that one? oh. classic. the sex scene in particular was really gratuitous and sexually arousing.

jeph, have you ever gone looking for fanart porn of your characters. y'know, for research purposes?
"WITH COLLOSAL CAPACITY COMES CONSIDERABLE CULPABILITY!"

Ponk

« Reply #735 on: 26 Oct 2007, 05:31 »

I remember when the issue of Marty/Steve slash art was brought up in a newspost, I tried to find it out of a sense of morbid fascination. The first thought to come to mind was what the quality of the art would be like, haha.

Kairuka

« Reply #736 on: 28 Oct 2007, 22:17 »

Jeph, what's up with the girl in panel 1 of #1001?  Why does she look like Dora and Faye had a baby who grew up instantaneously and ended up with saggy boobs?

WeezeOnMe

« Reply #737 on: 01 Nov 2007, 20:25 »

Jeph, were you an athleticist in high school?

subsole

« Reply #738 on: 01 Nov 2007, 23:23 »

EDIT
nvm
« Last Edit: 03 Nov 2007, 16:43 by subsole »

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #739 on: 02 Nov 2007, 08:00 »

Is the lady modelling your shirt in the merchandise place the base model for Faye's looks?
She looks like how I picture Faye, but without the aura of a slayer of thousands.

:mrgreen:

That's my friend Yuko. She used to draw a webcomic called Fallen.

She's cute ! *missing an I-love-you-smiley*
Carpe Diem

Thunderpants121

« Reply #740 on: 04 Nov 2007, 05:14 »

Hey Jeph,
Have you ever heard of Dream Theater?  From what I've heard you say about Wolves in the Throne Room and Opeth (I've never actually heard either of those bands...can't find them anywhere nurr), Dream Theater has a lot of those same aspects.  Crazy guitar solos, lengthly songs, bizarre time changes and signatures...
If you have tell me what ya think!
Thanks

Good Lord, no, don't get him interested in Prog! If he latches on to that, there will be no saving him! Trust me, if you think the Indie crowd is a bunch of musical snobs you have yet to encounter the Prog connoisseurs!

songiesworld

« Reply #741 on: 04 Nov 2007, 23:21 »

Jeph,

I know your style is always changing but I wanted to know in comic# 1006, why you chose to use that style.  It's a more condensed look of the characters.  I thought I was going crazy but Marten's features are definitely not as long.  Sometimes artists are inspired by something.  Just wondering.

Also would if bother you if a fan did a fan animation in Flash of your characters?  Your characters are a perfect style for flash and it was a idea I had. 

Thanks.

WhyNot

• Plantmonster
« Reply #742 on: 08 Nov 2007, 04:46 »

Not so much a question, but a suggestion... Today's strip, last panel, with PintSize in panties saying "I like to feel pretty sometimes" needs to be made into a shirt. That flat out friggin' rules!!!
Cole's Law:  Thinly Sliced Cabbage.

SeanBateman

« Reply #743 on: 14 Nov 2007, 01:19 »

But, I'm 13 years younger than Jeph. So wouldn't be die before me? How's he supposed to answer questions when he's DED? Unless he's immortal. Dude.

Jeph, are you immortal?

I mostly just plan on killing you.

JamesonOnTheRox

« Reply #744 on: 15 Nov 2007, 12:07 »

I must ask, what is the attraction to Western, Ma?  You and Jeff Rowling live out there and if im not mistaken the dude from Dr. McNinja who's name escapes me.  I have a friend who goes to school out there and besides the lovely trees and farms, why does there seem to be a commune of awesome web comic creators in the middle of no where?

funny side note, I spent last weekend in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and was told to check out your comic so you must be doing something right if the hipsters are going out of their way to promote you.

Luminous

« Reply #745 on: 16 Nov 2007, 10:22 »

Honestly i just caught up in the series my friend linked me here ( i am of course the internets one true dark lord of backsass and badassary as well as randomness )

im just curious as ive gone through 1000+ comics in a mere 8 days and 2 very recent developments have caught my preverbial eye

the guy who returns again and again to the C.O.D ( cof of doom ) hasnt appeared in a while ... : huge gasp : has he given up or is he simply waiting for his chance to launch a massive strike on poor Faye

and ive also noticed faye drawing a bit closer to sven dispite his obvious past jackassagans ( much like shenanagens only involving a donkey and a 50 foot drop )

is this the begining of akwardness for faye , marty , dora and her twit of a brother

: blank stare suddenly taken over by corparate robots : stay tuned for the next episode of dragon ball z .. i mean issue of questionable content >.>

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #746 on: 16 Nov 2007, 20:48 »

Ouch, you probably just insulted him there with the whole DBZ reference....

This is the ask Jeph thread so I'll ask Jeph.
Does the comic consume all of your time?
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

Luminous

« Reply #747 on: 18 Nov 2007, 10:33 »

i meant no harm .. i just mean that the story is getting so enthralling and very involving .. i can see why this has the popularity it does

GenericName

• Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #748 on: 18 Nov 2007, 12:56 »

Jeph, my friends and I were having a conversation about jobs and the saying, "work to live, don't live to work", and I presented you as an example of someone who loves their job.
So we were wondering, do you see yourself writing the webcomic for a large part of your life?
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

Lord Orange

« Reply #749 on: 19 Nov 2007, 17:25 »

what is your opinion on the terror that is rule 34 and your character's involvement with it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 49   Go Up