THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ask Jeph thread  (Read 1174397 times)

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Re: The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #950 on: 10 Mar 2008, 04:36 »

Quote from: Vankaar Raeth on January 10, 2008, 09:20:19 PM
I've the entire current QC comic collection 3 times over.

Is this normal?

Verb?

Redrawn? Made posters of? Recreated in icing? Acted out?
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

GenericName

• Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #951 on: 10 Mar 2008, 06:21 »

Masturbated to.
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

Boom

« Reply #952 on: 10 Mar 2008, 15:44 »

If this has been ask before, please forgive, I just got done spending all weekend reading every QC comic and my eyes are bleeding to much to read all the post above (I've done my best)

Are you a gamer?
Console or PC?
Super Smash Brothers Brawl, best online muliplayer game ever?

regards

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #953 on: 10 Mar 2008, 17:40 »

So is this "Oh God The Pain" thing going to go on for a while?
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

Alphalpha

« Reply #954 on: 11 Mar 2008, 05:11 »

Who's thin?
I have a friend who is as thin as Dora, no one can call Faye thin, and Marten seems to have beefed up a lot recently. I can't see any unrealistically malnourished people in the comic.

Vanguard

• Not quite a lurker
  • Cynical Bastard
    • Mind of Madness
« Reply #955 on: 11 Mar 2008, 06:24 »

Good to know Jeph doesn't take forum posts in account when drawing comics.

Very good to know.
If they pull the "it's just a game" card on you,
Stab them in the eye with a rusty fork.
Nothing can beat the rusty fork rebuttal.
Except maybe bullets.
And cake.

JoeMoron2000

« Reply #956 on: 11 Mar 2008, 06:36 »

Jeph, was this comic your "The cake is a lie" reference?  If not, would you ever consider using that line in one of your comics?

DarcOfTheShadows

• Not quite a lurker
  • Blood and thunder!
« Reply #957 on: 11 Mar 2008, 08:13 »

So, Jeph. I've been wondering... exactly how old are all the characters, anyway?

Amadeus

« Reply #958 on: 11 Mar 2008, 12:57 »

So, Jeph. I've been wondering... exactly how old are all the characters, anyway?
Lemme think...

Hannelore is 22, Dora is 26, I think, if I remember correctly. Sven would be 27 then, since it said he was a year older.

Faye and Marten would be somewhere in the middle, then, I believe, given jokes Faye had made about Dora being "the older woman".

Quendus

« Reply #959 on: 13 Mar 2008, 09:13 »

Unless you mean the illustrated version with pixxx every 20 pages, the Silmarillion is not a heavy book. What's up with the name-dropping?
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2008, 09:51 by Quendus »

Amadeus

« Reply #960 on: 13 Mar 2008, 11:43 »

Unless you mean the illustrated version with pixxx every 20 pages, the Silmarillion is not a heavy book. What's up with the name-dropping?
You could probably give a concussion with any decent sized hard back, though, if you throw it hard enough.

The way I pictured the scene, with my wild imagination, involved him falling off of one of those library ladders.

vegeto18

« Reply #961 on: 13 Mar 2008, 12:49 »

this may have been answered a while ago but i am not sure. what is meena's and amir's heritage? I think they are both of Asian Indian descent. 'Meena' definetly is an indian name (partially cuz i've met a couple indians with that name and a couple distant cousins with that name so it is a shot in the dark to ask).

Amadeus

« Reply #962 on: 13 Mar 2008, 19:57 »

this may have been answered a while ago but i am not sure. what is meena's and amir's heritage? I think they are both of Asian Indian descent. 'Meena' definetly is an indian name (partially cuz i've met a couple indians with that name and a couple distant cousins with that name so it is a shot in the dark to ask).
I'm pretty sure Jeph said she was Indian when asked before, though as she said, she's third generation American, so it's of Indian heritage, rather than nationality.

With Amir, it's Arabic, so I'd assume he probably is, too.

Der Metzgermeister

« Reply #963 on: 13 Mar 2008, 23:55 »

Whatever happened to the chick working at COD at the beginning of the comic? Did she quit or get fired or what?

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #964 on: 14 Mar 2008, 00:05 »

Girl from the beginning = Sara. The cast page says that she was eaten by an allosaurus, perhaps.
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2008, 00:25 by Jeff7 »

vegeto18

« Reply #965 on: 14 Mar 2008, 08:01 »

acutally no. if i remember correctly jeph did say that Sara still does work at the COD but he is bored with drawing her or her concept hence why we never see her. despite that being true, it would be neat if she made a cameo appearance.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #966 on: 15 Mar 2008, 20:28 »

Jeph: Have you ever thought to list the next few conventions you'll be attending on the site?
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

Amadeus

« Reply #967 on: 16 Mar 2008, 01:57 »

acutally no. if i remember correctly jeph did say that Sara still does work at the COD but he is bored with drawing her or her concept hence why we never see her. despite that being true, it would be neat if she made a cameo appearance.
That was a while back, though. She's been pretty much all out retconned since then, since Dora and others hired Penelope without so much as mentioning her. She's pretty much been Chuck Cunninghammed.

miss direction

« Reply #968 on: 16 Mar 2008, 10:37 »

Hello Jeph
I have truly enjoyed your comic.  To me it is a whole package.  Lovable characters, good writing, attractive artwork.  A few questions.  In comic 1064 Ravens Canadian boyfriend has a sticker with a single star and stripes on his guitar.  Was this meant to a U.S.A. Flag, or does it represent something else?  Why wouldn't it be a Canada flag sticker?  Most Canadians that I have met are proud to be Canadian.  Thank you for taking the time to answer this post. 

TheTeatowel

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #969 on: 16 Mar 2008, 13:14 »

Would you consider making Hanners's shirt "noooooooooooo" one to sell in the store?

I think there would be demand  :-)
"That shirt looks good on you but it would look even better stuffed into the neck of a vodka bottle and flung burning through our office building's window. Let's fucking do it and never look back"
Randall Munroe

Amadeus

« Reply #970 on: 17 Mar 2008, 00:15 »

Hello Jeph
I have truly enjoyed your comic.  To me it is a whole package.  Lovable characters, good writing, attractive artwork.  A few questions.  In comic 1064 Ravens Canadian boyfriend has a sticker with a single star and stripes on his guitar.  Was this meant to a U.S.A. Flag, or does it represent something else?  Why wouldn't it be a Canada flag sticker?  Most Canadians that I have met are proud to be Canadian.  Thank you for taking the time to answer this post. 
He could just like the way our flag looks, I guess, if that is it(I'm not looking at the strip, so I'm going by what you said). I have put the Union Jack on things before simply because I find it aesthetically pleasing.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #971 on: 17 Mar 2008, 08:20 »

It's jeph's stated love the ACW coming out - that is the Stars and Bars, the official flag of the CSA
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Econoline

• Plantmonster
« Reply #972 on: 17 Mar 2008, 09:54 »

Looks a little like the flag of Puerto Rico?
There's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #973 on: 17 Mar 2008, 10:02 »

What is the meaning of life?

There is none.

Jeph, there was one comic where Marty and Hanners where at the music store, and in the newspost, you said you were disappointed that one of the speech bubbles covered up part of the background that you were particularly proud of.  Could you by any chance post a copy of the background without any of the speech bubbles?  Thanks.

Nah. It probably wasn't that good.

Are you a gamer?
Console or PC?
Super Smash Brothers Brawl, best online muliplayer game ever?

I guess.
Console, lately.
It's pretty good.

So is this "Oh God The Pain" thing going to go on for a while?

Dunno.

Jeph, was this comic your "The cake is a lie" reference?  If not, would you ever consider using that line in one of your comics?

Nope.

Meena's Indian, Amir's Pakistani.

Jeph: Have you ever thought to list the next few conventions you'll be attending on the site?

Yes.

Was this meant to a U.S.A. Flag, or does it represent something else?  Why wouldn't it be a Canada flag sticker?  Most Canadians that I have met are proud to be Canadian.  Thank you for taking the time to answer this post. 

It's just a sticker.

Would you consider making Hanners's shirt "noooooooooooo" one to sell in the store?

noooooooooo
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

jhall314

« Reply #974 on: 19 Mar 2008, 10:36 »

I was wondering how to get in touch with the people at questionable content in regards to an order I placed on 2/6/08 and have not received. I have already emailed [email protected] twice and have not received a response from them. Does anyone have any better ideas of how to get in touch?
Thank you for all your help.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #975 on: 19 Mar 2008, 11:26 »

kasuturo

« Reply #976 on: 19 Mar 2008, 20:53 »

Hi! I'm a newcomer on this board, but I've read QC like for three months :D

I have a question: Why does Hannelore have multiple earrings if she's all afraid of germs and stuff?

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #977 on: 19 Mar 2008, 21:26 »

I take it Steve is a fan of Frasier?

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #978 on: 19 Mar 2008, 22:16 »

Hi! I'm a newcomer on this board, but I've read QC like for three months :D

I have a question: Why does Hannelore have multiple earrings if she's all afraid of germs and stuff?

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=669
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Doug S. Machina

« Reply #979 on: 20 Mar 2008, 03:08 »

Hi! I'm a newcomer on this board, but I've read QC like for three months

She challenges herself to do things she's not comfortable with. But she probably bugged the piercing guy about disinfecting everything twice.
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2008, 15:34 by Doug S. Machina »
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

doombilly

• Duck attack survivor
illicitizen.bandcamp.com
last.fm/user/doombilly

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #981 on: 20 Mar 2008, 08:53 »

It's not bad, but jeph hasn't been to any of the meetings lately, something about writing a bitchin' arc, or Cristi wanting him to stay home, I can't remember.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #982 on: 21 Mar 2008, 12:21 »

What is the name of Hannelore's Roomba?

What is the name of your Roomba?

What is the name of Faye's stuffed giraffe from strip 464?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #983 on: 23 Mar 2008, 07:09 »

this thread has cooties lol

dongs dongs dongs
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #984 on: 25 Mar 2008, 20:08 »

Hey Jeph,

Monday's XKCD seems to serve as Randall Munroe's reminder to the ladies of the web that, yes, he does do oral. How is your sex life? How often are you tied down, BTW?

Hugs and kisses,
Ozy
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Radien

• Not quite a lurker
Sakura Con
« Reply #985 on: 26 Mar 2008, 02:04 »

Hey Jeph, are you going to Sakura Con this weekend?

I missed you at last year's Sakura Con and was hoping I could catch you at your booth this time. (not too hopeful since there doesn't seem to be any mention of it on the main site...)

teh pwn queen

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Capiam vos in obscurum
    • Just fucking click it
« Reply #986 on: 26 Mar 2008, 10:36 »

Salutations! (Yeah, I know, but 'hey jeph' was getting old, and it seemed rude to just start with the question... but I digress....)

Was this strip influenced by this?

He seems to think so

Were you aware of this?  I, for one, would like to see that contest.

« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2008, 10:38 by teh pwn queen »
I haven't logged in on the forum in literally 10 years and my website URL was still my MySpace profile...

whitman

• Not quite a lurker
  • ANGRY ORANGE!!
« Reply #987 on: 26 Mar 2008, 17:37 »

sorry if this has been asked before, but when are you and Cristy scheduled to get married?  And congrats dude!!

I feel kinda awkward stalker-ish for asking the question, so I guess you don't have to answer it if you don't want to.

P.S. I also saw a comic where you met the president/manager/CEO/whatever of Valve Software.  Is that true, and is he a fan of the series?  Because if he is, he is even more of a hero than I originally thought.
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2008, 22:30 by whitman »
I want to go like my grandfather, peacefully in his sleep...not like the passengers screaming in his car

Even if you're on the right track you'll still get run over if you just sit there

Amadeus

« Reply #988 on: 26 Mar 2008, 23:03 »

Salutations! (Yeah, I know, but 'hey jeph' was getting old, and it seemed rude to just start with the question... but I digress....)

He seems to think so

I'm sure the guy's kidding. Besides, McNinja had a villain who had a bad neckbeard that was actually part of the plot.

teh pwn queen

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Capiam vos in obscurum
    • Just fucking click it
« Reply #989 on: 27 Mar 2008, 12:08 »

He seems to think so

I'm sure the guy's kidding. Besides, McNinja had a villain who had a bad neckbeard that was actually part of the plot.

THE QUESTION WAS FOR JEPH!!!!!

Haha, just fucking with ya!  That is true... that was hilarious, the neckbeard just couldn't defeat the power of the mustache!
I haven't logged in on the forum in literally 10 years and my website URL was still my MySpace profile...

intelmole

« Reply #990 on: 27 Mar 2008, 17:30 »

Two questions in as many months, and oddly on topic thanks to the McNinja ramblings.

What's it like to have your name on a book's thank you list?

star.torturer

« Reply #991 on: 28 Mar 2008, 04:16 »

I duno if its been asked before, it probably has, but what chances are there for cameo roles?.... just the apearence of someones name/uesrname/avatar on a random comic at a random moment would be a really unusual addition to an already AMAZING comic...

I also thought that the cameo role could be a prize for a competition or something...

I now question what its like for someone to be constantly pined at for producing such great comics, do you have an answer for that? LOL

Joe

C-Rex

« Reply #992 on: 28 Mar 2008, 14:16 »

Hey Jeph, I was re-reading and noticed in comic 70 that the newspost has a problem with one of the underline tags. Specifically, the closing tag for the underline of "Ring" closes an Italic command, not underline. This causes all text after "Ring" to be underlined.
Just thought that you would like to know.

Radien

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #993 on: 30 Mar 2008, 22:10 »

Well, looks like Jeph didn't drop by Sakura Con this year. Of course, I know it always depends partially on what kind of invitation the convention offers, and that often happens behind the scenes.

Hope to see you at a Northwest anime con in the future, Jeph. (Yeah, I know you're not an anime artist, but we love you nonetheless ;) )

Gdog4evr

• Not quite a lurker
if you don't get the reference...
« Reply #994 on: 31 Mar 2008, 10:50 »

Dear Jeff,
How do you draw with boxing gloves on your hands?

Sincerely,
Gdog, MN

Glorfindel

Re: if you don't get the reference...
« Reply #995 on: 03 Apr 2008, 01:06 »

Dear Jeff,

Sincerely,
Gdog, MN

QFT.

Dearest Jeph,

Would it be a breach of copyright if you made some Dune shirts? 'Cause we all know that'd be win, really.

Spluff

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • it is time to party
Re: if you don't get the reference...
« Reply #996 on: 03 Apr 2008, 05:19 »

Dear Jeff,

Sincerely,
Gdog, MN

Fuckin' LOL!
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room

NotAHappyBunny

« Reply #997 on: 03 Apr 2008, 14:59 »

Do you enjoy writing the comic? Does it feel more like work or a hobby?

chASS

The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #998 on: 03 Apr 2008, 19:09 »

Will you be my friend?

Have you ever met John Campbell?

rubberband

TEH
« Reply #999 on: 04 Apr 2008, 07:50 »

TEH: significance?

Is it a cultural reference? An obscure band name of some sort? Simply the uber-power term of 1337-ers everywhere? Or does it have a deeper meaning, at the heart of which lies the very essence of Martin's being?
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2008, 08:01 by rubberband »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49   Go Up