THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ask Jeph thread  (Read 1174414 times)

intelmole

Re: The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #1100 on: 05 May 2008, 16:15 »

whats with the facial hair? april fools was like a month ago

I'm going to go with cinco do mayo based explanations.  'Tashes are mexican, riiiiiight?

chkngrrl

« Reply #1101 on: 05 May 2008, 18:59 »

Could you design and sell some nifty little business cards with info about the comic? I'd be happy to carry them around when I wear my "She Blinded Me With Library Science" shirt. People ask me where I got it every time, and I'm pretty sure they won't remember the info by the time they get to a computer.

(Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching for it.)

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #1102 on: 05 May 2008, 20:07 »

You mean San Diego?  Because he's been to that one like the past three years.  He's going this year; not next though, so if you want to catch him there do it this summer.

No, I meant San Francisco; San Diego is a full 600 miles away from the Bay Area.  One of the simultaneously awesome and sucky things about California is that it's freakin' huge. 

Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #1103 on: 05 May 2008, 20:16 »

Are any of the events in the comic based upon things that have happened to you or people you know in real life?

No, no, a thousand times no.

Except for when they are.

Sorry to hear about your finger(well read about anyway), How did it happen, if you don't mind me asking?

My pocket knife and I had a disagreement.

How awesome are you, on a scale of 1 to yes?

random thought-

what TV shows did you watch as a kid?

cartoons

Would Faye be healthier if she took up sculpting again? Is she one of those people who needs a creative outlet in order to function well?

Time will tell.

Which characters, if any, would you describe as admirable?

They've all got flaws, of course, but Faye has had the guts to take charge of her life lately, and Hannelore has the courage of a bullfighter just to get through the day.

By "admirable" I don't mean "role model", of course.

FAYE'S TITS ARE ADMIRABLE ALL RIGHT HUR HUR HUR

I couldn't help but notice that Sven Bianchi has a very strong similarity to Porcupine Tree's Steve Wilson. Was this Intentional or coincidential?

Complete coincidence. I hate that band.

1. Ever see people who look like or act like your characters? Does it phase you at all?

and

2. Does Cristi ever read to the plot twist you write and comment on it, or is it all raw unedited Jeph?

I've seen a lot of Faye and Marten clones.

She reviews most scripts before I start drawing, but not all of them.

why don't the characters ever go to live shows?

Because drawing crowds would take too long and I don't like copy and pasting character art.

Why was Faye so willing to tolerate all the flirting from Dora when a guy trying the same would have been punched at least?

Dora's her boss.

Which QC strip are you proudest of?

This may have the same answer, but it's a different question: what is your favorite QC strip?

What's your favorite xkcd?

The silent Hanners strip from a while back.

Favorite xkcd is probably the ballpit one.

How many Tattoos have you got and did you design any yourself?

I can't help but picture the I Feel Pretty T-shirt on a guys chest.

Many, and yes.

I was just wondering what is up with Raven's breasts? They were pointing straight up in the last comic. I thought she was going to poke Faye's eyes out!!!

Raven defies gravity.

any plans of being at seattle's comicon?

If you mean Emerald City, yes.

What do you think of the PVTA? (Important to know what the famous residents think of the transportation system out here in Western Mass!)

They're...buses?

Will you be my friend? :P

If you're a devout Mormon you would probably not enjoy hanging out with me.

Anyway, there's a thread in here about the 'random' button. Why does it never give you a comic more recent than #817?

Because of problems

Jeph,

I'm wondering what sort of a conversation with Randall inspired the most recent xkcd strip.

The regular kind?

Was the Hot Topic clerk in #46 Raven?

If Faye had a pet, what kind would it be?

Yes.

A cat.

Why is there a link from the strip to the forums, but no link from the forums back to the strip?

I'm lazy.

Enough of me talking about SPX:

Jeph, did you get to meet the HSR guys at ROFLcon this year?  The HRwiki says they went.

Nope, I was busy having an anxiety attack instead of attending the big party after the con.

Jeph, who would win in a fight- Black Francis or Jeff Tweedy?

Tweedy.

do you like chinese food?

what do you normally order?

Yes.

All kinds of shit.

Have you ever messed around with any three dimensional art (i.e., sculpture, whatnot)? You seem to have pretty decent spacial skills.

Are you finding it challenging to continue to create funny strips? I mean, the wells of humorous material are not botomless; just wondering if you still think your comic is funny (I do, or I wouldn't read it, before somebody jumps down my throat.)  

What do you think of Stephen Colbert?

Nope, I am too impatient for "real" art.

It's always been challenging, it always will be. It's never easy.

He's funny.

Why is there a link from the strip to the forums, but no link from the forums back to the strip?
Seconded.

Also, ever think about an appearance at San Francisco ComicCon?  We know you're stretched thin, but think about it!  'Cause seriously, the West Coast needs you.  Like whoa.

I think we're trying to do APE this November. I really wanna go to SF.

whats with the facial hair? april fools was like a month ago

It is an inside joke that less than ten readers will get.

Could you design and sell some nifty little business cards with info about the comic? I'd be happy to carry them around when I wear my "She Blinded Me With Library Science" shirt. People ask me where I got it every time, and I'm pretty sure they won't remember the info by the time they get to a computer.

(Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching for it.)

I'm actually working on that this week.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #1104 on: 05 May 2008, 21:42 »

You mean San Diego?  Because he's been to that one like the past three years.  He's going this year; not next though, so if you want to catch him there do it this summer.

No, I meant San Francisco; San Diego is a full 600 miles away from the Bay Area.  One of the simultaneously awesome and sucky things about California is that it's freakin' huge. 

ohshits, my bad, dude.  Honestly I didn't know there was a different con in San Francisco; blame my East Coast-ness.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

no one special

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1105 on: 06 May 2008, 01:16 »

s'all good - I know almost nothing about the East Coast.  Heck, when I visited Boston and Philly, i could have sworn I was in another country; the only way I knew i wasn't was that they used US currency. 

Also, there are approximately 4,000,000,000,000,000 cities/towns in California called 'San _____', so it's easy to get confused.   :-)

Oh, and San Francisco--->San Diego = 500 miles, not 600.  My bad.

I think we're trying to do APE this November. I really wanna go to SF.

Woohoo!
« Last Edit: 06 May 2008, 01:19 by no one special »
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #1106 on: 06 May 2008, 05:07 »

California's not that big.  It will fit into 7 of the 10 Canadian provinces and all three teritories with room to spare. 
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

cincinnatus

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #1107 on: 06 May 2008, 08:12 »

A bit obscure, but I just noticed this:

Does comic #492 contain a reference to The Master and Margarita?  If so, have you read the book / did you enjoy it?

Lighten up.  The world is not out to get you, except in the sense that the world is out to get everybody.

JReynolds

• Larger than most fish
  • We thought you was a toad!
« Reply #1108 on: 06 May 2008, 08:13 »

All of the USA could fit into Canada with room to spare. Yay, us!

We're like a giant, horizontal Chile. Most of our people close to the border, lots and lots of thinly populated land north of that.
When folly and lies are sown broadcast, one necessarily reaps insanity.  --Zola

Jack Half-a-Prayer

« Reply #1109 on: 06 May 2008, 11:15 »

Will we ever see a FlashLARP PotterSpace event in the comic?

insanepickles

« Reply #1110 on: 06 May 2008, 15:56 »

So...  is there a ballpark thread price on the priceless limited prints? because i'm half-dead for lusting after one.

C-Rex

« Reply #1111 on: 06 May 2008, 19:53 »

Have you heard of the Guest Strip Program? Would you be willing to do a guest strip for them?
http://www.moovok.co.uk/gsp/index.php

TheHempInvader

« Reply #1112 on: 06 May 2008, 23:42 »

2 things;

1. What do you think of Australians?

2. Are you into games/gaming? If so - What?

no one special

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1113 on: 07 May 2008, 03:14 »

California's not that big.  It will fit into 7 of the 10 Canadian provinces and all three teritories with room to spare. 
All of the USA could fit into Canada with room to spare.

So...what's your point?  That's like saying "North America's not that big compared to the Earth."  I mean, Shaq's taller than Lebron, but 6'9" is still freakin' tall.

Anyways, I'll try to be nice and not hijack the thread, so... we'll just leave it at that.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #1114 on: 07 May 2008, 04:20 »

Just pointing out that size is relative - a large American State is still a lot smaller than a mid-sized Cdn province, just like a large Cdn city is still less populated than a moderate American one.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

DoubleAW

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Crazy Kid Genius
    • Hur.
« Reply #1115 on: 07 May 2008, 04:49 »

What is up with the lack of makeouts recently?
o hi.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1116 on: 07 May 2008, 05:10 »

dude lurk more

this thread has, like, thirty goddamn australians
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #1117 on: 07 May 2008, 06:29 »

And Jeph hates all of them.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

C-Rex

« Reply #1118 on: 08 May 2008, 21:07 »

If you don't mind me asking, about how many hits per day does QC  get?

grigged

« Reply #1119 on: 09 May 2008, 00:49 »

At what point did this thread stop becoming introspective and move into the realm of annoying?

Toba

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Earl of Flamthrowe
    • cons.truct
« Reply #1120 on: 09 May 2008, 03:47 »

A long time ago.
boldly going nowhere

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1121 on: 09 May 2008, 04:47 »

And Jeph hates all of them.

That goddamn racist.

catgal2005

« Reply #1122 on: 09 May 2008, 09:20 »

um...yes, they're buses. any opinions on them, though?

MissAmbiguity

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1123 on: 09 May 2008, 15:53 »

Jeph, what did you take in school... and what kind of work did you do prior to making this comic? It's just that you seem to be able to pull out information from so many different areas, be it physics with the blue shifting or string theory... or Engl lit like Montressor, y'know on top of all the music references.

You're an intriguing man. =P
« Last Edit: 11 May 2008, 22:22 by MissAmbiguity »

vgaer

• Plantmonster
  • The puppy dog eyes will only get you so far...
« Reply #1124 on: 09 May 2008, 16:58 »

Jeph, what did you take in school... and what kind of work did you do prior to reading this comic? It's just that you seem to be able to pull out information from so many different areas, be it physics with the blue shifting or string theory... or Engl lit like Montressor, y'know on top of all the music references.

Maybe he just uses the power of THE INTERNETS.

Playing With Matches

« Reply #1125 on: 09 May 2008, 19:00 »

Jeph - whatever happend to Robot Boyfriend? Was he tarred, feathered, and unplugged after the witch trial, or is he a lurking skeleton in a closet somewhere?

jazziewolf

« Reply #1126 on: 09 May 2008, 22:05 »

First you didn't draw bottom lips, and now you don't really draw top lips. Are you going to find a happy medium? They all remind me of Christian Bale, which is a little worrisome considering many of the characters are female.

When drawing faces, which feature do you draw first? (i.e. jawline, eyes, hair, mouth...)
« Last Edit: 09 May 2008, 22:43 by jazziewolf »

DoubleAW

• Crazy Kid Genius
    • Hur.
« Reply #1127 on: 10 May 2008, 09:21 »

Jeph - whatever happend to Robot Boyfriend? Was he tarred, feathered, and unplugged after the witch trial, or is he a lurking skeleton in a closet somewhere?

It's here: http://questionablecontent.net//view.php?comic=1017
o hi.

Toba

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Earl of Flamthrowe
    • cons.truct
« Reply #1128 on: 11 May 2008, 02:00 »

Jeph, what did you take in school... and what kind of work did you do prior to reading this comic?

I am assuming that Jeph writes and illustrates the comic prior to reading it.

But one can never be sure.
boldly going nowhere

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #1129 on: 11 May 2008, 16:13 »

Dude that is the most unhelpful answer ever. It's like saying "Oh what happened after the American Revolution?" "Well the Americans had a revolution"
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1130 on: 11 May 2008, 18:42 »

That comic begins with Hannelore putting the robot boyfriend back in his box.  If you read that whole story arc, you'd remember that she says she's sending him back to her dad.

Which would require the chassis being put in a box.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #1131 on: 11 May 2008, 19:27 »

Please, Toba, that sounds like a temporal paradox in the making. We don't need another one of those. I only nowhen willen be haven gottening over the latest one. Last one. Most recent one. Whatever.

Actually, the paradox wis kind of interesting. It's the verb tenses that are the problem.

We miss you, Mr. Adams, wherever you're hitching a ride now.

GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

MissAmbiguity

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1132 on: 11 May 2008, 22:21 »

Jeph, what did you take in school... and what kind of work did you do prior to reading this comic?

I am assuming that Jeph writes and illustrates the comic prior to reading it.

But one can never be sure.

Writing/Making the comic...

typo...

and also... shush you!

*goes to edit*

DoubleAW

• Crazy Kid Genius
    • Hur.
« Reply #1133 on: 12 May 2008, 04:29 »

Dude that is the most unhelpful answer ever. It's like saying "Oh what happened after the American Revolution?" "Well the Americans had a revolution"
You asked me what happened to him. I linked you a comic with her putting him back in a box. That's where he is now. :]
o hi.

Kairuka

« Reply #1134 on: 12 May 2008, 11:05 »

I just wanted to make a comment regarding your poor, chafed knuckles. Perhaps you should consider wearing a pair of retro, Judd Nelson as "John Bender", Breakfast Club gloves. Or maybe not, but it would probably help you avoid injury if you wore something to keep your knuckles covered ^.^

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #1135 on: 12 May 2008, 11:13 »

Jeph, since you had an accident and left your cord at home, are we going to get an extra special Saturday comic so you can keep on schedule?
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

MisterSwampson

« Reply #1136 on: 12 May 2008, 11:24 »

Would you ever consider adding a punker character to your comic. I know me and my friends, though not really into a lot of indie music, LOVE QC! I read it almost everyday that I can! I would love to see one of us there! haha!

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1137 on: 12 May 2008, 20:20 »

Will you ever add ASCII face mugs to the store?

Please?

Playing With Matches

« Reply #1138 on: 12 May 2008, 21:22 »

Ah, silly me. Reading the comic before that one explains all.

Thank you!

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #1139 on: 13 May 2008, 00:01 »

A bit obscure, but I just noticed this:

Does comic #492 contain a reference to The Master and Margarita?  If so, have you read the book / did you enjoy it?

Nope.

Will we ever see a FlashLARP PotterSpace event in the comic?

Unlikely.

So...  is there a ballpark thread price on the priceless limited prints? because i'm half-dead for lusting after one.

If I put 'em up on the site, they'll be $25, just like I charge at conventions.

2 things;

2. Are you into games/gaming? If so - What?

These are the most ridiculously generalized questions I believe I have ever fielded.

What is up with the lack of makeouts recently?

Well, if you brushed your teeth once in a while...

If you don't mind me asking, about how many hits per day does QC  get?

Suffice it to say enough people visit QC daily to populate a reasonably-sized city.

At what point did this thread stop becoming introspective and move into the realm of annoying?

When one-post newbies started getting snarky.

Jeph, what did you take in school... and what kind of work did you do prior to making this comic? It's just that you seem to be able to pull out information from so many different areas, be it physics with the blue shifting or string theory... or Engl lit like Montressor, y'know on top of all the music references.

Mostly music classes. I read a lot of different things, though.

First you didn't draw bottom lips, and now you don't really draw top lips. Are you going to find a happy medium? They all remind me of Christian Bale, which is a little worrisome considering many of the characters are female.

When drawing faces, which feature do you draw first? (i.e. jawline, eyes, hair, mouth...)

Who knows. My art is different every single day.

I usually start with the eyes, but I am beginning to suspect this is a Bad Habit so I am trying to switch things up.

Would you ever consider adding a punker character to your comic. I know me and my friends, though not really into a lot of indie music, LOVE QC! I read it almost everyday that I can! I would love to see one of us there! haha!

Probably not. Mitch Clem does punk humor way better than I ever could.

Will you ever add ASCII face mugs to the store?

Please?

Someday.

Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

TheHempInvader

« Reply #1140 on: 13 May 2008, 02:11 »

These are the most ridiculously generalized questions I believe I have ever fielded.

Fine, i'll get to the point.

Where's the shirt I ordered two months ago?

:-( I want it...

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1141 on: 13 May 2008, 08:57 »

Who would Dora's ideal man be?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

NoJoy

« Reply #1142 on: 13 May 2008, 09:51 »

Any plans to do "Mr & Mrs" shirts? I'd definitely buy one.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1143 on: 13 May 2008, 17:08 »

If you drop an IM to qcmerch on AIM or email qcmerch (at) mac (dot) com, you can get this one answered.  Judging by how many merch orders Jeph and Cristi get, it's not surprising that a few of them go awry.  Nobody blames them!

Also new people, a friendly reminder: after introducing yourselves in the Hi, I'm New board, you may want to read through this thread before posting, lest you ask a question that's come up fuck-all times before.  Just sayin', for Jeph's sake.

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #1144 on: 14 May 2008, 08:31 »

What's your favourite brand of guitar?

innocentliar

« Reply #1145 on: 15 May 2008, 08:46 »

If you drop an IM to qcmerch on AIM or email qcmerch (at) mac (dot) com, you can get this one answered.  Judging by how many merch orders Jeph and Cristi get, it's not surprising that a few of them go awry.  Nobody blames them!

Also new people, a friendly reminder: after introducing yourselves in the Hi, I'm New board, you may want to read through this thread before posting, lest you ask a question that's come up fuck-all times before.  Just sayin', for Jeph's sake.

would like to say I sympathize with TheHempInvader and the reason I'm posting is because I've not been answered anywhere else...I'm not being angry, I just wondered why I'm not worth even an email telling me that my order has gone awry...I've certainly tried everything I can to find out other than coming here...

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #1146 on: 15 May 2008, 14:06 »

Why does it matter would be a better answer.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

JReynolds

• Larger than most fish
  • We thought you was a toad!
« Reply #1147 on: 15 May 2008, 17:28 »

Other denizens of the discussion group have suggested that I ask you this question.

Is Mr. Clean from Hanner's dream sequence in #1141 real in the QC-verse? As real as the characters Marten, Dora, etc are?

I am not at all expecting a straight answer, by the way.
When folly and lies are sown broadcast, one necessarily reaps insanity.  --Zola

obskewer

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1148 on: 16 May 2008, 04:37 »

I'm not so savvy with the inerweb's etiquette, so ifs i break any of dems rules so sorry. Long time reader first time calller. Jeph, why comes you draw clavicles so lame. Peace, hit me back!

Daggor

« Reply #1149 on: 16 May 2008, 21:55 »

Does the last panel of the strip involve/Have you ever envisioned the final panel of the strip involving some sort of riots and or form of destruction that puts the characters in a very uncomfortable position and Faye just grabs Marten's face and kisses him, fed up with her bullshit problems? Because I rarely remember my dreams, but I remember dreaming about reading QC like, a year after it was over, and that was the last strip.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 49   Go Up