THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 03:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ask Jeph thread  (Read 1174761 times)

Naet

Re: The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #1500 on: 23 Dec 2008, 11:13 »

It says in the FAQ that the original art size for each panel is really, really huge.  Do you ever release these Original Drawings?  Would you be willing to give out a few favorites of yours if I asked nicely?

EDIT: there's one or two on the somewhat defunct jephdraw website...

EDIT #2:  What about releasing the .psd file?
« Last Edit: 28 Dec 2008, 21:06 by Naet »

readiness

« Reply #1501 on: 23 Dec 2008, 17:02 »

It says in the FAQ that the original art size for each pannel is really, really huge.  Do you ever release these Original Drawings?  Would you be willing to give out a few favorites if I asked nicely?

Or sell them similar to the way the artist who draws Girls with Slingshots does?

ThePrettyMonster

• Emoticontraindication
  • :P
« Reply #1502 on: 23 Dec 2008, 17:12 »

It says in the FAQ that the original art size for each pannel is really, really huge.  Do you ever release these Original Drawings?  Would you be willing to give out a few favorites if I asked nicely?

Or sell them similar to the way the artist who draws Girls with Slingshots does?

Definitely sounds like a good idea.
Addicted to QC since August 14th 2007. Thank you, Noelle Wells!

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
  • Now We All Have Metal Skin
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #1503 on: 24 Dec 2008, 09:58 »

he draws on a computer

there are no original drawings

it's not gonna be alright this time
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #1504 on: 24 Dec 2008, 10:17 »

Dear Jeph, what do you want for Christmas?

Toba

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Earl of Flamthrowe
    • cons.truct
« Reply #1505 on: 25 Dec 2008, 00:43 »

I don't know if you know this, man, but Eris is totally like, a girl.

Mocking is how we do things here.
boldly going nowhere

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #1506 on: 26 Dec 2008, 21:06 »

Dear Jeph,

Does this section of the forums creep you out?
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

lily-kiernan

« Reply #1507 on: 28 Dec 2008, 20:58 »

Hey Jeph, Jeph,

Have you ever thought about hiyerung someone really smart, like, a doctor, to create Marten and Dora and Faye and Hannelore so you can have sex with them? It would be like incest, only more delicious!

I don't know, just an idea.

hey man, no need to mock. its not an entirely unrealistic idea.

Yeah. It's pretty hot too.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #1508 on: 30 Dec 2008, 19:58 »

Guys, conversations like this is why it takes Jeph so long to answer people's questions.  I'm sure he's waiting for a decent amount of reasonable (read: non-creepy) questions to answer.

Dear Jeph,

see above quote tunnel.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

harddisk

« Reply #1509 on: 31 Dec 2008, 17:53 »

Hey Jeph,

have you ever thinked (or however it's spelled, I'm tired :p) of publishing SVG (or other hi/full-res) versions of your panels?
Really, infinite-scalable graphics simply look way better on bigger screens than the current poor 600px :)

the|m.

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #1510 on: 01 Jan 2009, 13:51 »

http://www.inkscape.org/

It would probably be easier for you to do it yourself than for Jeph to do all of them.
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

harddisk

« Reply #1511 on: 02 Jan 2009, 03:42 »

I know Inkscape, but manually vectorizing from a lossy format sucks - and I think that Photoshop offers an SVG exporter, not sure if it supports batch exporting, though.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #1512 on: 05 Jan 2009, 23:25 »

I feel totally comfortable citing Geddy Lee as the best bass/vocals in rock.

Do you mean he's the best bassist AND vocalist? Or the best person to do both at once?

Singing and playing bass IS way harder than singing and playing guitar, I'll grant you that. But I find his vocals and bass tone incredibly grating.

I feel bad bagging on Rush because from everything I've read they're all really nice guys (with the possible exception of Neal Peart, but then again I hate anybody who takes Ayn Rand seriously). But yeah, I really do not enjoy their music.

http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,18894.msg595404.html#msg595404
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

MrSteevo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Bros before hoes dawg
« Reply #1513 on: 05 Jan 2009, 23:33 »

Oh! Ok, Thank you random internet fairy!
You would not be able to kill me. I would win.

bean

« Reply #1514 on: 06 Jan 2009, 13:47 »

Hey, how much do you know about coffee?  Have you worked in the industry?  I just wonder because in #1307 on the specials board you put Ethiopian and Hazelnut up.  As a roaster I really can't ever say I've had an Ethiopia that had any hazelnut tones in it, also I really wouldn't think anyone would ever put Hazelnut syrup in a cup of Ethiopia.  Please explain what the specials board is trying to say.  Also a while back, now I can't remember, there was an implication that the coffee came from origin roasted and in burlap bags or something.  This is untrue.  It comes green from origin and is roasted domestically.  Roasted coffee stored in burlap would be quite disgusting and stale very quickly.

Otherwise, I love the comic!

bean

Insectile

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1515 on: 06 Jan 2009, 18:30 »

Jeph,

Why do you hate the WCT so much?
Also, how much time did you jump forward after Will left
or did you just say screw it i want Dora's hair long NOW and didn't care for time?

This is not a discussion forum, it's a forum dedicated to the art of performing textual fellatio of Jeph Jacques.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1516 on: 06 Jan 2009, 21:13 »

Jeph,

Really?

emmabrock

« Reply #1517 on: 07 Jan 2009, 17:23 »

Hey dude:

Everyone (you included) makes jokes about the glacial passage of time in QC - why do the time jump at this point of the story?

How much of a role do your friends/family have in the material that ends up in the strips? (Do you mine conversations for funny turns of phrase to give to your favorite characters?)

What's the difference between indie culture and hipster culture?

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1518 on: 07 Jan 2009, 21:08 »

emmabrock, refer to this thread and the links it contains.

Jman8088

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #1519 on: 08 Jan 2009, 01:49 »

1) Have you ever considered wiping the forums clean?
2) Do you own a PS3/Xbox 360/Wii/PC that will play games that where made in 2007 onward?
Thanks!

I just remembered your resolve to not anwer yes/no questions.
Which of the following do you own:
a) Sony Playstation three
b) Microsoft xbox 360
c) Nintendo wii
d) Some form of gameing computer

Thanks again
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2009, 01:52 by Jman8088 »

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1520 on: 08 Jan 2009, 20:54 »

Why were you pleased by the Tribune closing?

(I don't read printed news so I might be missing something)
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

kgbisouttogetme

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Murder is only bad if you kill baby seals.
« Reply #1521 on: 08 Jan 2009, 22:15 »

what are you thinking about doing with this massive, eclectic, and interesting internet cult youve started? that kinda sounded mean but it was meant with all good intentions.
Jesus probably was hung like a horse. Wouldn't it be pathetic it he weren't? haha Jesus boner.

Tybalt

• Can't always unscramble eggs
« Reply #1522 on: 08 Jan 2009, 22:54 »

1) Have you ever considered wiping the forums clean?
2) Do you own a PS3/Xbox 360/Wii/PC that will play games that where made in 2007 onward?
Thanks!

I just remembered your resolve to not anwer yes/no questions.
Which of the following do you own:
a) Sony Playstation three
b) Microsoft xbox 360
c) Nintendo wii
d) Some form of gameing computer

Thanks again
..are you joking?  He wasn't specifying the form of questions being asked, he was specifying the type of questions.  Open ended questions like "Do you find being an artist to be challenging?" or "what's some good advice you have for an amateur artist?" (Except not those questions because they've been asked a million times).
...and that's why I eat bugs.

LunaCorn

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1523 on: 11 Jan 2009, 07:57 »

Just wandering around the site and, and I'm sure you're extremely busy and just haven't gotten around to doing it, but I couldn't help but notice that Wil and the Intern haven't been added to the About page. I know it's not really a question but an observation but I couldn't think of where else to place it. Sorry if I totally missed the thread among all the other threads. :/
~You can't plant roots and have wings too.
« Reply #1524 on: 11 Jan 2009, 14:12 »

so like. idk what jeph like looks like and its killing me. im not a stalker but like i wanna know. send me a pic or somethin.  :?

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1525 on: 11 Jan 2009, 15:52 »

so like. idk wat google image search is but it might help.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1526 on: 14 Jan 2009, 10:15 »

Jeph, will Winslow be getting a Twitter feed too? Also, will it be NSFL like Pintsize's?
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #1527 on: 14 Jan 2009, 18:11 »

Jeph,

OMGZ WILL YOU JUST UPDATE THE CAST PA- no wait that wasn't it. Do that when you want. Its your comic, dude.

But what I was hoping for was some advice on scripting comics. I've done a bit of creative writing before but never antying like scripting, and as me and my artistic girlfriend are thinking of collaborating on some kind of webcomic based story soon, I was wondering if you had any tips on how to go about actually scripting the thing.
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Nitre

« Reply #1528 on: 15 Jan 2009, 11:07 »

Ahoy!

I was wondering if the video you made a long time back (around the 500's) of you drawing a comic is still available?

It seems the link or torrent doesn't work.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #1529 on: 15 Jan 2009, 23:22 »

Jeph: You complain about the poor state of the people on these forums, and after looking around a bit, I'm agreeing with you. I'm not sure I'll stay here very long, but I will keep reading your comic, which brings me to my question: Do you plan, or have you considered, to up the number of indie rock (or another "high-brow" subject, like linguistics) to a level like you used to have? It would change your fanbase some (although it would probably alienate quite a few). It would definitally change people's reactions to your comic, and thus these forums/your following. I'm not sure if this would be good or bad, but it seems the sort of thing you might have opinions to share on.

I've thought about it but I'm not really interested right now. And I doubt changes in the comic would really alter the chemistry of the comic discussion threads much.

Next question, how did you get so $%&@! good with facial expressions? Is there someone whose technique inspired you, or did you develop some conscious technique, or is it one of those unconscious unteachable skills like riding a bicycle?

Examples where I think you communicated something subtle include Wil and Penne-lope in 1286, and Dora in 1278 showed a lot of emotion without exaggerated drawing. Tai in panels two and three of 1268 had an expression that's not off the shelf, but that said how uncomfortable she felt.

I'm not really that good at facial expressions, I just do the best I can. I read a lot of comics, both web and manga, and that probably helps I guess?

I was wondering about the process behind "the talk" and Faye's dad's suicide.  How long before you started that story line did you know you were going to do that. Because when you read the archives , there is some pretty clear foreshadowing early on. Such as when faye cried at the ice cream shop. I mean did you have in your head "Faye's dad died" for all these years or what? The story just seems to build to the talk.  You made it fit really well, if it wasn't always in the back of your head.

Do you think that the serious nature of the talk influenced Tim Buckely's decision to do the misguided miscarriage strips at control-alt-delete? I think it did. What do you think about those strips in general? 

I knew from almost the beginning that Faye and Marten were gonna have to have a big dramatic heart-to-heart sooner or later. The actual time was decided entirely on the spur of the moment. It took me a long time to figure out the reason for Faye's trauma but once I did it basically wrote itself. I wrote that entire arc in about 45 minutes. One of the advantages of serial storytelling is you can create an illusion of careful forethought simply by looking back over what you've done before and making sure the new stuff fits in. It might be a hack trick (I'm not really a writer so I don't know) but it does work.

I can't say whether I've had any influence on CAD. I can see what Tim was going for with that story (developing the relationship between Ethan and whatshername) but I don't think it was executed properly- in fact I just don't think you CAN execute a miscarriage story properly if it's in a comic that is normally about wacky "random" humor and video game jokes. I respect that he tried something different, but I don't think it was a success.

Jeph, what is the saddest thing?

The saddest thing is a child trying to push the intestines of his freshly-run-over pet rabbit back inside as it slowly wheezes its last breath.

I know there's a bunch of good episodes of mst3k, but what tops your list?
and =o! which host are you more fond of: mike or joel? ^^

I don't have a favorite episode but Joel-era is inifinitely funnier than Mike-era.

Jeph,

J. Michael Straczynski experiences the writing process as one of transcription. His subconscious, he figures, is doing a lot of heavy lifting behind the scenes but what he is conscious of is setting up a situation and then watching a movie of the characters reacting to it. He watches that movie over and over, and each time through it gets clearer and more detailed. When it gels he types up what he saw. The characters are autonomous.

How does that compare to your own experience when you're writing a QC script?

That is the best-case scenario for any kind of writing, and something all writers strive for. On a good day, that's what it feels like to me. I need more good days.

Quote from: Jeph, earlier in this thread
augh enough about the cast page i will destroy the cast page with fire
Whats wrong with asking about the cast page?
Thats my number one source when refering the Jeph's masterpiece to friends. Unfortunately, some of the chacrters have not been added, the head-shots are a little out of date and some of the characters bio.s could be tweaked since their personalities have developed more.
Back to the main point though, since i cant exactly explain what the entire story is between all the cast or even describe the whole cast, it would be nice if something (like a cast page could do it for me

I am just going to change the cast page to a link to the Wikipedia article for QC

Hey Jeph,

When I saw all the different Twitter accounts for the characters, I couldn't help but smile and follow all of them. What made you decide to give them all Twitter accounts? Was it something to add more depth to the characters or just something for you to have fun with?

Thanks!

I just thought it would be fun

How did you decide when to make the jump from 'hobby' to 'full time job'?  Was it scary?  (sure is scary for me!!!)
Do you have any advice for someone else who's trying to do something they love and live off it? (I don't draw a webcomic, though... :|)
Do you ever feel isolated not working with other people (besides your wife and your trained polar bear associates)?

What's the hardest part about writing this comic?
What's the best part about writing this comic?

Is Twitter really that amusing to use?
(edited to get rid of all the useless space at the bottom cause I'm slow)

1. When I got fired. Yes.
2. Be lucky.
3. No.
4. Writing the comic.
5. Finishing a script.
6. Yes

Would you rather chew on lightbulbs or have lightbulbs chew on you?

NO *YOU* SHUT UP

Is it fun looking around for furry pictures to put on Pintsize's twitter?

extremely

I have convinced my cousin Michael to open a Coffee of Doom franchise.

He asks, how do we get a franchise for a place that doesn't exist?

I really gotta trademark that one of these days

Jeph, don't you know how to draw tapirs from the front?

Assuming you're talking about the freaky panel, I drew it from the side because the creepiest part of tapirs is their weird semidetached upper jaw and I wanted to emphasize that.

Jeph Jeph Jeph! I have a serious question!
Well, not really, but I think it's a good one.
Have you ever thought of hireing(spell check that for me, is there still an e or no?) a really smart person, say, an engineer, to build a model of Pintsize? With attitude and all? Possibly the addition of serious lasers eyes for an extra fee and a contract. I dont know, just an idea.

Well, now I have I guess.

Hey Jeph, Jeph,

Have you ever thought about hiyerung someone really smart, like, a doctor, to create Marten and Dora and Faye and Hannelore so you can have sex with them? It would be like incest, only more delicious!

I don't know, just an idea.

gonna fuck your face-holes

I noticed that throughout your comics there are many references to either Anime or Japanese Culture that is not dealing with Anime. So did you take some sort of culture or language class about the Land of the Rising Sun and Raw Fish?

I uh I watch anime sometimes

I tried searching around the forums to see if anyone has asked or if it has already been posted, and couldn't find anything, so: Comic 1276, the wall of text behind Hannelore's head, is the full text posted anywhere on the forums?  Did you actually write the whole thing, or did you just draw text on either side that seemed like it fit with the previous line?  If you did write the whole thing, could you post it, or direct me to where you did post it?  I'm curious.

I actually wrote the whole thing; it's just stream of consciousness babble, and no I'm not gonna post it.

Why did you decide to post disturbing things in Pintsize's twitter? WHY?

Are you just trying to fuck with your fans?

It says in the FAQ that the original art size for each panel is really, really huge.  Do you ever release these Original Drawings?  Would you be willing to give out a few favorites of yours if I asked nicely?

EDIT: there's one or two on the somewhat defunct jephdraw website...

EDIT #2:  What about releasing the .psd file?

We might be doing on-demand strip prints once we switch to Topatoco and they would be pretty big.

Dear Jeph, what do you want for Christmas?

I don't know if you know this, man, but Eris is totally like, a girl.

Mocking is how we do things here.

wanna meet that dad

Dear Jeph,

If weekly comic talk is AIDS, this is oral herpes

Hey Jeph,

have you ever thinked (or however it's spelled, I'm tired :p) of publishing SVG (or other hi/full-res) versions of your panels?
Really, infinite-scalable graphics simply look way better on bigger screens than the current poor 600px :)

the|m.

nnnnnnnope

Jeph,

Also, how much time did you jump forward after Will left
or did you just say screw it i want Dora's hair long NOW and didn't care for time?

It's pissy and inane and creepy.
Enough.

Hey dude:

Everyone (you included) makes jokes about the glacial passage of time in QC - why do the time jump at this point of the story?

How much of a role do your friends/family have in the material that ends up in the strips? (Do you mine conversations for funny turns of phrase to give to your favorite characters?)

What's the difference between indie culture and hipster culture?

Seemed like a good idea, fit in the story, and I was sick of Dora's old hair.

Very little.

Indie culture is far too diverse to generalize. Hipster culture is just a bunch of douches being douchey.

Why were you pleased by the Tribune closing?

(I don't read printed news so I might be missing something)

I used to work for a company owned by them and it sucked so many balls you would not believe

sometimes I enjoy schadenfreude

what are you thinking about doing with this massive, eclectic, and interesting internet cult youve started? that kinda sounded mean but it was meant with all good intentions.

fanbase != cult

But what I was hoping for was some advice on scripting comics. I've done a bit of creative writing before but never antying like scripting, and as me and my artistic girlfriend are thinking of collaborating on some kind of webcomic based story soon, I was wondering if you had any tips on how to go about actually scripting the thing.

Since I don't work with an artist my scripts are very basic- just dialogue and very occasionally a note about pose or action or whatever. If you're working with an artist, I imagine you have to be a lot more specific about setting and body language and such. The trick is really just clearing your mind and letting it happen naturally, I guess. It's kind of a mysterious process.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1530 on: 16 Jan 2009, 10:27 »

The saddest thing is a child trying to push the intestines of his freshly-run-over pet rabbit back inside as it slowly wheezes its last breath.

noooooooooooo!

Tybalt

• Can't always unscramble eggs
« Reply #1531 on: 17 Jan 2009, 00:18 »

Jeph, don't you realize, if there is something sadder than that you will be so screwed.
...and that's why I eat bugs.

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #1532 on: 18 Jan 2009, 22:07 »

I don't know, I can't think of anything any sadder unless it was me.  And that's subjective sadness.

Maybe I can't because I don't want to.

Good job, Jeph.

S
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
  • Now We All Have Metal Skin
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #1533 on: 19 Jan 2009, 06:44 »

I don't know, I can't think of anything any sadder unless it was me.  And that's subjective sadness.
I can think of a couple.
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

LukeSimm

« Reply #1534 on: 19 Jan 2009, 07:25 »

Heya. Got a couple of questions:

1) In regards to drawing skills, how much do you think is talent and how much do you think is practice?
2) Do you ever use your Cintiq for anything other than drawing, and if so what.

--- Luke

DaveSangor05

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #1535 on: 19 Jan 2009, 12:40 »

Jeph,

If they had a Comic-Con In Oregon would you come?

I tried talking my Brother into going to San Diego Comic-Con last year but no luck. :-(

ALB

« Reply #1536 on: 19 Jan 2009, 21:10 »

Jeph,
Should we expect any huge bombshell changes in the characters' relationships or have things (aside from the weather and Dora's hair) remained pretty much at status quo ante?

Justaberry

« Reply #1537 on: 20 Jan 2009, 08:19 »

I do have to ask. Will there be new livejournal icons put out at some point sir?

Insectile

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1538 on: 20 Jan 2009, 12:54 »

Dear Jeph,

Your art style has changed dramatically since the first strip to now,
Did you take art classes
or did the act of drawing a comic a day for so many years caused natural improvement?
P.S. When are you going to update the cast page?
This is not a discussion forum, it's a forum dedicated to the art of performing textual fellatio of Jeph Jacques.

Shok Xone Studios

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Wasn't he also "Vigo the Butch"?
    • ShokXoneStudios.com
« Reply #1539 on: 20 Jan 2009, 20:11 »

EDIT: Bloody hell, I posted this in the wrong damn forum. How on earth did I manage that?
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2009, 21:26 by Shok Xone Studios »
SHOK XONE STUDIOS.com
Art is love. Love is destructive. That's what I told the police when I blew up the museum.

oh look I has arts for sale

Faryshta

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1540 on: 21 Jan 2009, 18:22 »

Just to ask why is Dora handing a sword on 1321 and what is that stick Faye was using? I can't believe no one noticed and asked.

I love your art, read them all (stalker mode off).

AnnaBanana

« Reply #1541 on: 22 Jan 2009, 23:43 »

Ok, so it isn't technically a question, it is just that I looked around a bit and noted this was the thread you (Jeph) seem to frequent most.

I've been reading QC since around strip 30.. I can't believe it has been my homepage for so long, but I've only been to the forums two or three times.  I just recently registered, though, because I really wanted to express my relief and gratitude toward you regarding your comment on the Prop. 4 advertisements appearing on QC.  Being a member of the LGBT community, Proposal 4 had obvious meaning to me, and I am so glad that you not only feel the way you do about it, but that you were so outspoken about it.  Your clear disgust towards Prop. 4 and the fact that you donated any money made that day made me that much happier to support this comic and continue to pass the link on to anyone that I feel has a similar sense of humor.  Congratulations on the success you have had thus far, and I look forward to the continuation of this comic.

drksk8tr66

« Reply #1542 on: 23 Jan 2009, 19:46 »

idea....dora and faye become the next daft punk girls....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLYD_-A_X5E

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1543 on: 23 Jan 2009, 19:48 »

Just to ask why is Dora handing a sword on 1321 and what is that stick Faye was using? I can't believe no one noticed and asked.

Read the title of the strip.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Jesus166

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #1544 on: 24 Jan 2009, 10:07 »

Naruto Or One Piece? They are manga/anime by the way....

Waferman

« Reply #1545 on: 25 Jan 2009, 22:08 »

Jeph have you heared of Sunset Rubdown? You should hear of them.
Additionally, about how many times a week do you draw just for fun/practice?
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2009, 22:10 by Waferman »

BrilliantEraser

• The German Chancellory building
  • We're kings among runaways
    • Brilliant Eraser Productions
« Reply #1546 on: 26 Jan 2009, 12:34 »

Ok, so it isn't technically a question, it is just that I looked around a bit and noted this was the thread you (Jeph) seem to frequent most.

I've been reading QC since around strip 30.. I can't believe it has been my homepage for so long, but I've only been to the forums two or three times.  I just recently registered, though, because I really wanted to express my relief and gratitude toward you regarding your comment on the Prop. 4 advertisements appearing on QC.  Being a member of the LGBT community, Proposal 4 had obvious meaning to me, and I am so glad that you not only feel the way you do about it, but that you were so outspoken about it.  Your clear disgust towards Prop. 4 and the fact that you donated any money made that day made me that much happier to support this comic and continue to pass the link on to anyone that I feel has a similar sense of humor.  Congratulations on the success you have had thus far, and I look forward to the continuation of this comic.

Wasn't that Proposition 8 in California? Just checking to make sure, for my own sanity. In any case, I second your comments above. Jeph is a pretty awesome dude.
Quote from: Khar
*bloop bloop bloop*

AnnaBanana

« Reply #1547 on: 26 Jan 2009, 16:18 »

Yes, Prop. 8 was that I was referring to, I am unsure why I wrote Prop. 4 instead.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1548 on: 26 Jan 2009, 21:50 »

Yes, Prop. 8 was that I was referring to, I am unsure why I wrote Prop. 4 instead.

Probably because it was written and passed by a bunch of halfwits?
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1549 on: 27 Jan 2009, 15:12 »

Probably because it was written and passed by a bunch of halfwits?

There was also Prop 4 in Florida about the same thing, but about 10 times as evil as CA's 8 if you can imagine that.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49   Go Up