THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 30 Apr 2024, 04:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ask Jeph thread  (Read 1194610 times)

Evil_Lathander

• Larger than most fish
  • Fighting The World
Re: The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #1850 on: 05 Jun 2009, 23:58 »

Jeph, has anyone pointed out to you how "deathmøle" sounds like if you actually pronounce the "ø" right? Or have you known all along?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%98
HUMANITY CAN SUCK MY HARDDRIVE

edwinalink

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Likes Glitter and 4x4's
« Reply #1851 on: 06 Jun 2009, 00:26 »

so... deathmoole, deathmule, deathmuhle or deathmurle....

fuck you in the ass Wiki, my brain hurts.. :cry:

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #1852 on: 07 Jun 2009, 09:14 »

I think deathmurle.  :?

I wonder how Marigold and Hanners will interact in the future as they are almost complete opposites!  its like the odd couple but more extreme.  Ones neat (i cant think of a more powerful word than this for Hanners)  and ones messy.  I like how they are establishing some common ground.

I am just wondering what Marigold's and Angus's relationship is.  Brother and sister?  I am sure all will be revealed but just curious.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Toba

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Earl of Flamthrowe
    • cons.truct
« Reply #1853 on: 07 Jun 2009, 13:18 »

Fuckbuddies.  Clearly.
boldly going nowhere

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1854 on: 07 Jun 2009, 13:48 »

Dude your avatar kindof makes me sad. That's a really good photoshop job though.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1855 on: 07 Jun 2009, 18:33 »

Personally I don't know whether to ask you if you're selling Bibles or throw a shoe at you
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1856 on: 08 Jun 2009, 02:59 »

Fuckbuddies.  Clearly.

Also brother and sister. Jeph wants to throw in a twist, I bet.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

talihal

• Emoticontraindication
  • Shaz-bat!
    • Scarlet Throne Blog
« Reply #1857 on: 08 Jun 2009, 07:19 »

Hey Jeph, can you make panel four of page 646 into a print? I would totally buy one!
Ever wonder if some miniscule decision you once made inevitably caused someone's death without your knowledge?

You have never truly experienced Shakespeare until you have read it in the original Klingon.

Toba

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Earl of Flamthrowe
    • cons.truct
« Reply #1858 on: 08 Jun 2009, 17:54 »

Dude your avatar kindof makes me sad. That's a really good photoshop job though.

I agree... I was hoping for more of a change than a "not change".
boldly going nowhere

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1859 on: 08 Jun 2009, 18:19 »

Yes you can
James The Kugai 

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1860 on: 09 Jun 2009, 03:13 »

Jeph, could you add the list of links on the right side of the main page to the other comic pages too? Now they only show up on the homepage.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #1861 on: 09 Jun 2009, 12:33 »

LTK, you are a lazy cunt.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Z33NCSUGray

« Reply #1862 on: 09 Jun 2009, 21:17 »

hey Jeph, new QC fan here (found it a week ago through Stumble and read all 1400 or so comics in 2 nights) just had a couple of questions

why is QC so awesome?

Are you by any chance a car guy in addition to all your other interests?

Have you ever been to North Carolina? If so, where and what did you think?

what was Fender thinking when they designed the telecaster head? i want a telecaster because of the body, but i would have to put a strat neck on it. What is your favorite all around guitar?
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2009, 21:36 by Z33NCSUGray »

Evil_Lathander

• Larger than most fish
  • Fighting The World
« Reply #1863 on: 11 Jun 2009, 02:30 »

Jeph, do you ever plan to have Deathmole do a cover of "The Call of Ktulu"?

That would be awsome.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #1864 on: 12 Jun 2009, 02:14 »

What's wrong with guest strips? I like them.

nothing

Jeph:

How, why, when, or who the fuck cares?

dumb question

Do you really find jimmy eat world Emo, Really i like them i just never felt emo from them.?

Yes really......

And what the hell ever happend to sara..... Is she pizza girl!?!?!?!

dumb questions

Do you still need transcribers?  The ohnorobot archive peters out after strip 1290.

Search for "tapirs" and you'll fiind it, but then search for "savor the awkwardness", in the next strip and you won't

yes

when is marigold gonna get twitter? im excited.

nobody uses twitter anymore

when is marigold gonna get twitter? im excited.

When is Marigold gonna take a bath?

her cunt smells like popcorn

You know, Metal-Poser-Girl is no longer with the band, so her threat to withhold "sex for a month if the band is not named Deathmole" is no longer operative.

So is the band likely to think about changing the name?  To what?

("Sex For A Month", on the other hand is a killer name for a rock band).

styx

Jeph, has anyone pointed out to you how "deathmøle" sounds like if you actually pronounce the "ø" right? Or have you known all along?

i pronounce it "duh muh luhbluhlhulbluhlbulh"

I think deathmurle.  :?

I wonder how Marigold and Hanners will interact in the future as they are almost complete opposites!  its like the odd couple but more extreme.  Ones neat (i cant think of a more powerful word than this for Hanners)  and ones messy.  I like how they are establishing some common ground.

I am just wondering what Marigold's and Angus's relationship is.  Brother and sister?  I am sure all will be revealed but just curious.

angus kidnapped her ten years ago

it is stockholm syndrome

http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php?action=post;quote=824743;topic=9135.1850;num_replies=1887;sesc=a9416f2f2422505f423b97fa6fe830e1

no never i hate making money

Jeph, could you add the list of links on the right side of the main page to the other comic pages too? Now they only show up on the homepage.

your lazy

hey Jeph, new QC fan here (found it a week ago through Stumble and read all 1400 or so comics in 2 nights) just had a couple of questions

why is QC so awesome?

Are you by any chance a car guy in addition to all your other interests?

Have you ever been to North Carolina? If so, where and what did you think?

what was Fender thinking when they designed the telecaster head? i want a telecaster because of the body, but i would have to put a strat neck on it. What is your favorite all around guitar?

i don't know if it is

not really

yes but it involved breaking up with someone

i think the telecaster head looks fine

Of all the people requesting and getting shot down when requesting prints/t shirt designs based on QC... I still HAVE to ask if its possible to get my Avatar done as one. I think it's just about the perfect level of offensive for me to wear to the store or when walking down the street. 

I'm not too sure about the application, but would it be possible to have your friends at Top be able to make prints of any QC comic at the customer's request? (Charging a premium of course) Or maybe just getting the 10 most requested strips?

thats a stupid shirt design

were gonna have more strip prints soon

Jeph, do you ever plan to have Deathmole do a cover of "The Call of Ktulu"?

That would be awsome.

duh muh luhlbluhlbulhbluhlubulhl only cover indie rock songs
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Evil_Lathander

• Larger than most fish
  • Fighting The World
« Reply #1865 on: 12 Jun 2009, 02:26 »

Jeph, why do non of the female characters in your strip have long hair? I mean long long hair, down to just above their butts.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1866 on: 12 Jun 2009, 02:51 »

Do you still need transcribers?  The ohnorobot archive peters out after strip 1290.

yes

And there's a block missing around 800-900.  But if you try to contact ohnorobot to offer help they don't respond.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

ICallKyo

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #1867 on: 12 Jun 2009, 04:05 »

Jeph, why do non of the female characters in your strip have long hair? I mean long long hair, down to just above their butts.

Because (for the characters) hair that long is hard and annoying to manage and (for Jeph) hair that long is hard and annoying to draw.

Jeph, is the Awkward Zone Defeated panel a a stupid T-shirt design? Cause if it isn't, I'd totally buy it.

Evil_Lathander

• Larger than most fish
  • Fighting The World
« Reply #1868 on: 12 Jun 2009, 04:50 »

Because (for the characters) hair that long is hard and annoying to manage and (for Jeph) hair that long is hard and annoying to draw.

Jeph, is the Awkward Zone Defeated panel a a stupid T-shirt design? Cause if it isn't, I'd totally buy it.

PAINTBUCKET FTW

WhiteWizard42

« Reply #1869 on: 12 Jun 2009, 06:09 »

I'm not strange enough to want to see it, but I would like to know: did you ever get any drawings in response to comic #1038?

Just so I know how scared to be of/for humanity.

EDIT: I logged in here for the first time in years to ask that, and now that i notice it's my 42nd post, I might have to leave again so my postcount matches my name for a while.
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2009, 07:13 by WhiteWizard42 »

Viaken

« Reply #1870 on: 12 Jun 2009, 07:01 »

Jeph:
can you make todays strip a big print? or at least the last frame.
-Alex

Seconded! And a shirt!! I registered on the forum just to ask that the last frame become a shirt. It's the single most awesome thing I've seen in a long time.

Chowdah

« Reply #1871 on: 12 Jun 2009, 07:28 »

Jeph:
-Alex

Seconded! And a shirt!! I registered on the forum just to ask that the last frame become a shirt. It's the single most awesome thing I've seen in a long time.
And Third-ed.  The Awkward Zone: Defeated is by far one of the BEST panels of this amazing comic.  This needs to be a print.

Cpt. Obvious

« Reply #1872 on: 12 Jun 2009, 10:55 »

Jeph:
-Alex

And Third-ed.  The Awkward Zone: Defeated is by far one of the BEST panels of this amazing comic.  This needs to be a print.
fourth-ed i also made an account just so i could join in the motion!

Zingoleb

« Reply #1873 on: 12 Jun 2009, 16:47 »

Jeph, I would like ot know why you discontinued the Pintsize jumping from an amp shirt. It saddens me! I already bought one and all my friends want one.

Now, normally, I'd just smirk at them and say that they can't have one but one of them stole my shirt and I want to buy another one.

Was it really that unpopular that you had to discontinue it?

sissi

« Reply #1874 on: 13 Jun 2009, 09:25 »

Jeph:
-Alex

fourth-ed i also made an account just so i could join in the motion!

fifth-ed! The last frame was awesome. It definitely has to be a print... or at least a wallpaper!
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2009, 10:05 by sissi »

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #1875 on: 14 Jun 2009, 08:17 »

Jeph, I would like ot know why you discontinued the Pintsize jumping from an amp shirt. It saddens me! I already bought one and all my friends want one.

Now, normally, I'd just smirk at them and say that they can't have one but one of them stole my shirt

Ed this is when you are supposed to lay down the law. My favorite tool for this is a big ol' shovel.

Jeph are there any shovel-beatings in the future for QC? I think that shirt would sell.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1876 on: 14 Jun 2009, 10:18 »

The last frame was awesome. It definitely has to be a print...

From Jeph's twitter:
okay I think we're gonna do prints of the last panel, and I have an idea for a related shirt design that I can't wait to draw.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Zingoleb

« Reply #1877 on: 14 Jun 2009, 13:07 »

Now, normally, I'd just smirk at them and say that they can't have one but one of them stole my shirt

Ed this is when you are supposed to lay down the law. My favorite tool for this is a big ol' shovel.

Jeph are there any shovel-beatings in the future for QC? I think that shirt would sell.

I'm sorely tempted to. I might just hire her little brother (who hates her) to steal it back for me.

Dr Sasquatchula

• Plantmonster
    • Lumberjacks Are Also Ninjas
« Reply #1878 on: 14 Jun 2009, 20:44 »

Jeph, have you ever used "the penalty box" in a real life situation?  I'm thinking about getting one for my work.  The only problem is, I would out of necessity spend a lot more time putting people in the penalty box than actually working.
http://www.lumberjacksarealsoninjas.com
It has little to do with lumberjacks or ninjas.

Useless_Proverb

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1879 on: 15 Jun 2009, 23:22 »

Yes, I registered to ask this question.

Can you help me tab out some Deathmole songs so that other guitarists like myself can learn from you?

talihal

• Emoticontraindication
  • Shaz-bat!
    • Scarlet Throne Blog
« Reply #1880 on: 18 Jun 2009, 00:39 »

I probably already asked this and am having a brain fart, but what made you decide to spell it 'Marten' instead of 'Martin?' Just indie difference preference?
Ever wonder if some miniscule decision you once made inevitably caused someone's death without your knowledge?

You have never truly experienced Shakespeare until you have read it in the original Klingon.

Aegir

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #1881 on: 18 Jun 2009, 11:03 »

So he can get mad when people spell it wrong. That's also why his name is Jeph.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1882 on: 18 Jun 2009, 20:49 »

Did you do anything fun for your birthday?

(No not like THAT. We don't need to know THAT, you pervs. : P)

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #1883 on: 19 Jun 2009, 02:23 »

Jeph, have you ever used "the penalty box" in a real life situation?  I'm thinking about getting one for my work.  The only problem is, I would out of necessity spend a lot more time putting people in the penalty box than actually working.

no that would be incredibly annoying

Yes, I registered to ask this question.

Can you help me tab out some Deathmole songs so that other guitarists like myself can learn from you?

It depends which songs. I literally do not remember how to play 80% of them because they are composed as I record them, part by part.

I probably already asked this and am having a brain fart, but what made you decide to spell it 'Marten' instead of 'Martin?' Just indie difference preference?

The "E" made it seem less nerdy. I think I have low-grade synesthesia.

Did you do anything fun for your birthday?

(No not like THAT. We don't need to know THAT, you pervs. : P)

it was pretty fun when i came in your ass
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #1884 on: 19 Jun 2009, 07:45 »

Jeph are you ever gonna change your avatar caption so it says 'I CANNOT POOP ZE AIDS OUT' again? I really really miss that.

Useless_Proverb

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1885 on: 19 Jun 2009, 09:47 »

Well, a few I'd love to know (And kinda have a start on) are:

Useless Proverb
Pelicans
Unicorn Battle (That riff is MASSIVE)
A lot of the stuff off Moletopopolis, like TUPAFCC (WGSAFCMtU) (Also know as the elongated The Unicorn Prince Approaches the Fire Centaur Clan (With A Gift of Smoldering Ash From The Crater of Mount Unimpous))
Quantum Unicorn Horns of Diamond
What Where When
Goodness Shall Prevail

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #1886 on: 19 Jun 2009, 13:29 »

Useless Proverb is pretty simple but I'd have to re-learn most of it.

I still know Pelicans all the way through, it is tied for my favorite thing I've ever written (the other is Unicorn Waltz).

Unicorn Battle is ridiculously simple, I wrote the main riff as a joke (and yet tons of people love it, I guess it is my tiny equivalent of "Sweet Child o Mine")

TUPAFCC is also really simple, but I used a couple weird dissonant Opeth chords in the end section that I'd need to figure out again, that was the song where I started taking writing Deathmøle stuff "seriously" and tried to challenge myself a little

Quantum Unicorn Horns is another one I know all the way through because I love the really fast riff that kicks in after the breakdown.

I really need to re-record What Where When, the guitar tone on that one is AWFUL and I couldn't quite tremolo-pick fast enough for that song at the time.

Goodness Shall Prevail is pretty simple but it's such a wash of big chords I'd have to re-learn it.

Is there a quick and easy way to write guitar tabs? Editing ASCII tabs is such a huge pain in the ass I'll probably never do it.

Dr Sasquatchula

• Plantmonster
    • Lumberjacks Are Also Ninjas
« Reply #1887 on: 19 Jun 2009, 23:22 »

Hmm... the only way that I can think of that would be quicker and easier than ASCII is to write them out.  You have a tablet, so you could tab them out in Photoshop.  That's all I got.

I also have another question for you, Jeph.  I noticed that you (quite obviously) started QC with indie rock influences.  I've also noticed that you seem to be citing a lot of metal-type music, in news, Deathmole and what-have-you.  Kudos to Kylesa in the RL by the way.  Have you always appreciated metal, or is this more of a recent trend?
http://www.lumberjacksarealsoninjas.com
It has little to do with lumberjacks or ninjas.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #1888 on: 21 Jun 2009, 11:40 »

It's a more recent thing, I think the first modern metal bands I really got into were Opeth and Isis and I just expanded from there. Also I care less and less about indie rock as it gets more and more gimmicky and inane. Which isn't to say there aren't plenty of indie bands doing great stuff right now (there are), but that it makes up an increasingly small portion of my overall listening palette.

NotAFanOfFenders

• The German Chancellory building
  • even furrier
« Reply #1889 on: 21 Jun 2009, 13:58 »

Opeth was my first too..

Useless_Proverb

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1890 on: 21 Jun 2009, 21:38 »

Well, I have a feeling that a lot of the songs are in Drop C.

I write stuff up in Guitar Pro 5 (Stolen and stored on my iPod) and Power Tab Editor 7.1

If you like them at all, tell me and we can share files.  Pelicans is also one of my all-time favourites.  Unicorn Waltz has a great intro, but the more complex parts of the song are losing my attention when i try to tab em out.

GP5 costs unless I can send you the files somehow, and Power Tab is free.

mdclxvis

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1891 on: 22 Jun 2009, 07:05 »

hey jeph

have you read or heard of "Yu + Me dream"? Its a webcomic by a lady from Grand Rapids, Minnesota, Megan Rose Gedris. I discovered her comic the other day and read the whole thing (600 strips) in 2 days, much like i did with QC a few years ago.

The tagline might throw you off a bit, but thats not the whole comic and you'll see after a while that it's only the start. After the first part it gets quite trippy.

she reads your comic too! (well just like the rest of the internet, so thats not so special:P)

JonseyMcFly

• Plantmonster
  • May i have your soul, It looks tastey!!
« Reply #1892 on: 22 Jun 2009, 18:36 »

OK i asked before and dint not get a respone... I have read through the comic twice Looking for myself..... WHAT HAPPEND TO SARA???  Maybe i am just idiotic and missed it. But i would like to know? :? :?
If you give me your soul I will give you half the cookie i make with your soul. What don't worry soul's grow back... Maybe.... eventually.... Probolly... NO problem i Promies *croses fingers* your sould will grow back.....

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #1893 on: 22 Jun 2009, 18:40 »

The long-standing answer is that she got eaten by an allosaurus, and this has been said many, many, many times. From the FAQ on the site, there is a slightly different answer to your question.

Quote from:  FAQ
What happened to [character name]? Are you going to bring him/her back?
I probably got bored of writing them, so I stopped doing it. They'll come back if it suits the story and I feel like it.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

JonseyMcFly

• Plantmonster
  • May i have your soul, It looks tastey!!
« Reply #1894 on: 22 Jun 2009, 19:07 »

I bet she tasted like pizza.... Pizza girl... jk jk...
If you give me your soul I will give you half the cookie i make with your soul. What don't worry soul's grow back... Maybe.... eventually.... Probolly... NO problem i Promies *croses fingers* your sould will grow back.....

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1895 on: 22 Jun 2009, 22:45 »

hey jeph

have you read or heard of "Yu + Me dream"? Its a webcomic by a lady from Grand Rapids, Minnesota, Megan Rose Gedris. I discovered her comic the other day and read the whole thing (600 strips) in 2 days, much like i did with QC a few years ago.

The tagline might throw you off a bit, but thats not the whole comic and you'll see after a while that it's only the start. After the first part it gets quite trippy.

she reads your comic too! (well just like the rest of the internet, so thats not so special:P)

Nice to see another YU+ME fan here :)  Things are certainly getting interesting in there aren't they?
James The Kugai 

mdclxvis

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1896 on: 23 Jun 2009, 00:42 »

yeah... after the first section finished i was seriously wtf. im glad she kept it going though and didn't cut it off and be all tacky, finishing there

ICallKyo

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #1897 on: 24 Jun 2009, 13:32 »

About a thousand comics back (I'm not kidding. Holy crap.), you drew Marten in Faye's glasses. For the sake of all us Marten fangirls (unless I'm the only one), can you draw him in glasses again?

:mrgreen: Or give him an afro, I'd be happy with that too. (I just wanted to use that smiley.)

beelzebub

« Reply #1898 on: 24 Jun 2009, 20:03 »

Jeph, I noticed you were not on the list for Connecticon, what gives, sir? :(

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #1899 on: 24 Jun 2009, 22:31 »

hey jeph

will check it out

Jeph, I noticed you were not on the list for Connecticon, what gives, sir? :(

we'll be there
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49   Go Up