THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 03:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 415452 times)

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #1350 on: 26 Dec 2014, 18:22 »

Wasn't there like those weird dungeon-esque things where you had to destroy the block in the middle of it, because they'd spawn enemies constantly?

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1351 on: 26 Dec 2014, 18:55 »

That is a spawner. You don't actually have to destroy it to stop it from spawning though. It still obeys the lighting rules, so if you light up the 4x4 area it spawns in, nothing will appear. This is good because if it's in a convenient place you can put together a trap or a killing room to funnel everything into one place for you to kill and get all their drops and experience. You can search up for ways to make spawner traps. I got lucky in my new world.. The cave I decided to set up my first home in turned out to have a skeleton spawner in the back of it. So a little free loot, and when I get around to it an endless source of experience, arrows and bonemeal.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #1352 on: 06 Apr 2015, 07:06 »

I have just... encountered the strangest hostile mob character that I've ever seen in v.1.8.3:

A baby zombie riding on a chicken. Yes, you heard that right. I just wish I'd had the wit to take a screencap before succumbing to my "Ohmigod whatisit? Killitkillitkillit!" instinct.

Also encountered my first Enderman. Scared the $*&! out of me; I've never heard anything so otherworldly! As I don't have a bow, I'm staying well away and not looking directly at him.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #1353 on: 06 Apr 2015, 07:45 »

Bows don't work. But Endermen are three blocks tall and won't teleport if you hack at their legs.

Between 0.25 and 0.48 percent of zombies are chicken jockeys.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1354 on: 06 Apr 2015, 09:16 »

I have just... encountered the strangest hostile mob character that I've ever seen in v.1.8.3:

A baby zombie riding on a chicken. Yes, you heard that right. I just wish I'd had the wit to take a screencap before succumbing to my "Ohmigod whatisit? Killitkillitkillit!" instinct.

Also encountered my first Enderman. Scared the $*&! out of me; I've never heard anything so otherworldly! As I don't have a bow, I'm staying well away and not looking directly at him.
If you think that's weird...

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1355 on: 06 Apr 2015, 09:46 »

The best way to kill an enderman actually is make a platform 3 blocks above the ground, at least 2x2 and stand in the middle, then look at the enderman. They get pissed and teleport to you, but since the space under the platform is only 2 blocks high, they can't get to you if you stay away from the edge. Then just hack away. It messes with their pathfinding and they don't teleport away when you swing like usual.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1356 on: 06 Apr 2015, 10:17 »

Recently I stumbled on one of those underwater monuments after spectacularly missing the mark on portal navigation. I tried to place a nether portal so it would connect to one I made in a distant village, but instead it deposited me deep underground next to a lava pool. When I started blasting away at some nearby dirt in search of ores, suddenly the ocean broke through the ceiling. I wasn't expecting that at this depth. After nearly drowning on the way up to the surface, I saw the lights of the monument in the water and the guardians swarming around it.

After a few trips to and from this new portal, I was sufficiently supplied for an underwater expedition, with Depth Strider boots and potions of water breathing, and I made my way into the monument interior by tunneling under the ocean floor and up through one of the pillars. I killed two elder guardians in my initial exploration of the interior, but navigation was still quite difficult in the darkness and wetness, especially with all those fishy guardians flitting around. So I decided to make the rooms breathable by draining the water until it was only one block high. In a fit of obsessive compulsion, I spent nine hours of my Saturday making every space in the monument breathable, killed the last elder guardian, and harvested all the sponges inside. Now I can rest easy.

I have no idea what to do with all these prismarine blocks though.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Grognard

• Only pretending to work
  • Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #1357 on: 06 Apr 2015, 16:46 »

is the QC Minecraft server back up and running again????
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1358 on: 07 Apr 2015, 03:02 »

It's not, as far as I'm aware. An edit to the post on the front page may be in order.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #1359 on: 07 Apr 2015, 07:33 »

I have no idea what to do with all these prismarine blocks though.

Do what I did with them on Creative mode - Use them to decorate an indoor pool!
~~~~

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1360 on: 07 Apr 2015, 09:13 »

Oh that's a very nice idea. I'm not usually one to incorporate such affluences in my constructions, though. My current home base consists of a wooden house furnished with my bed, some potted flowers in the windowsills, my best enchanted items in frames, as well as a few maps of the surrounding terrain. The rest is purely utilitarian: a floor below I dug out a workshop for storage, smelting, forging and brewing, and below that a farm for crops and trees. I might be able to excavate a room for a pool but I'd have no reason to set foot in there.

ryangoslink

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1361 on: 06 Mar 2017, 01:37 »

Hey guys I know this thread seems dead, but does anybody still play? It would be nice to revive the thread.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1362 on: 06 Mar 2017, 06:32 »

I've been getting back into playing modded minecraft. Currently I've got a Skyfactory 3 world in progress that's doing nicely. Setting up automated resource gathering and hoping to get magical crops going soon. Constantly running out of redstone is my weak point. And I started a Direwold20 world as well. Skyblock maps are fun, but that lack the exploration aspects. I've barely started that though. I set up a base and a tree farm so far, and conviently enough by chance I set up the base right on top of a mineshaft. I'm starting to do some exploring and mining down there.

Grognard

« Reply #1363 on: 07 Mar 2017, 22:50 »

I still play.  just vanilla survival mode single player.
I managed to save the village & repopulate the villagers.
now I'm slowly expanding my empire.
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #1364 on: 09 Mar 2017, 08:25 »

About once a year I create a new single-player survival-mode world, just to see what kind of changes have been made to the game.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1365 on: 09 Mar 2017, 09:23 »

Much the same...
Drop in every few months, either with a previously made world where I've not been to The End, or start a new one.

It's an odd bird, is Minecraft, I invariably end up getting a bit bored with it... but it still draws me back in.
I just wish it had more in the way of RP content.
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

Gyrre

« Reply #1366 on: 21 Jun 2017, 21:18 »

Some sideways stairs andsideways slabs would also be nice.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Gyrre

« Reply #1367 on: 21 Jun 2017, 21:23 »

It'd also be nice if they fixed the horse AI to where they wouldn't wander off cliff or into lava pools while in The Nether.

At the very least they should make the horse armor enchantable.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Grognard

« Reply #1368 on: 06 Sep 2017, 20:27 »

is the forums' Minecraft server still up ?

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1369 on: 07 Sep 2017, 03:59 »

is the forums' Minecraft server still up ?

Ooo I didn't know there was one !
Covenant

Grognard

« Reply #1370 on: 07 Sep 2017, 21:19 »

last I checked, JIMOR was hosting it, and you had to be whitelisted to join it.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1371 on: 07 Sep 2017, 23:26 »

It's long gone, but the save file link might still be around.

Edit: Yep - http://www.mediafire.com/file/kw2raqgayd9xrg8/QC_Amped-Oct.zip
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1372 on: 08 Sep 2017, 02:39 »

It's long gone, but the save file link might still be around.

Edit: Yep - http://www.mediafire.com/file/kw2raqgayd9xrg8/QC_Amped-Oct.zip

Hmmm...

What does one do with this??
Covenant

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1373 on: 11 Sep 2017, 17:14 »

You should be able to put the unzipped files/folders into a new folder in your Minecraft saves, then load it into single player, then play just as if it was your own save. I forget the game version at the time, I think it was the version that just introduced "Amplified" terrain, however, since that's what our world was.

Tlaloc

• Larger than most fish
  • Out of Work Rain Deity
« Reply #1374 on: 13 Sep 2017, 02:25 »

Amplified Terrain is fun.

I should retry it again, since I got my new laptop. Now to remember my damn password for the user account.
The point where Existentialist, Taoist and Buddhist thought meet is fascinating.

What goes on inside matters more than what goes on without? If the world beyond our skulls is a cypher that only we can provide meaning to & control is an illusion, what can we expect of ourselves or others?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1375 on: 14 Nov 2018, 09:17 »

It's been out for a while but I'm now discovering how much fun the Minecraft aquatic update is. Flooded caves! Buried treasure! Swimming with dolphins! Terrors from the deep! I've been having a blast in the water and I haven't even visited the warm oceans with coral reefs and tropical fish, or the cold oceans with icebergs and glaciers, there's just so much to see and do! I encourage anyone who's been away from the game to give it another go, it's really a hell of a lot of fun.

I've also been working to complete the Dokucraft texture pack, which is now up-to-date. It's a collaborative project to keep a popular Minecraft texture pack updated. Pretty proud of the blue ice I created for it.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #1376 on: 14 Nov 2018, 11:18 »

Hoo, Dokucraft rings a really loud bell. Wasn't that the one used by the Yogscast for a long time?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1377 on: 14 Nov 2018, 12:10 »

I think so. It's always had a lot of fans.

Gyrre

« Reply #1378 on: 28 Nov 2018, 01:51 »

Is it weird that my Minecraft tips  tumblr posts from 5+ years ago are only just getting notes? I'd actually forgotten about the tutorial I did for archery slats(using stairs and trapdoors) until someone reblogged last month.
a real-ass gaddam sword

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1379 on: 28 Nov 2018, 23:03 »

Aren't trapdoors a recent addition? They're certainly not 5 years old. But you never know how the ebb and flow of popularity pans out.

Out of curiosity, what is it that you do with stairs and trapdoors?

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1380 on: 29 Nov 2018, 02:38 »

Aren't trapdoors a recent addition? They're certainly not 5 years old. But you never know how the ebb and flow of popularity pans out.

Trapdoors been in Betas since 2011

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Trapdoor

1.3.1 (where they were definitely implimented) is dated August 1, 2012

ALL wood versions were a much later addition (This year!)
Covenant

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #1381 on: 29 Nov 2018, 05:51 »

Jesus, it feels like that was four years ago at most.  :psyduck:

Gyrre

« Reply #1382 on: 12 May 2019, 18:48 »

Place an upside down stair atop a right side up stair, then place a trpdoor with a low hinge on the bottom stair and high hinge on the top stair.
Doors also work to cover the slats, but look weird. It also works to protect oneself in multiplayer.

Old screenshots in the post below.
https://gyrrakavian.tumblr.com/post/148818279450/archer-slats-for-minecraft-the-pics-are-pretty
a real-ass gaddam sword

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #1383 on: 01 Jun 2019, 13:50 »

Fan-Work Recommendation:

Black Plasma Studios

Funny, brilliantly creative and mostly-stock. They tell brilliant mostly-silent movie stories in both the fantasy and sci-fi genres using Minecraft custom characters and maps.
~~~~

Gyrre

« Reply #1384 on: 24 Aug 2019, 00:46 »

Apparently there's going to be bees and honey farming added.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Gyrre

« Reply #1385 on: 09 Apr 2020, 04:21 »

The new Nether Update music has been released.

While it's not by C418, it's still pretty dang good and feels like it fits the game. Lena Raine is the composer this time around. She composed the music for the game Celeste, and the upcoming Chicory. Her discography can be found here.

The songs can be heard here.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1386 on: 10 Apr 2020, 13:42 »

Oooh, I need to add these to my video game soundtrack playlist!

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1387 on: 15 Apr 2020, 05:58 »

The 'New Nether' is a bit of a pain!!!!
Making it more an endgame location now instead of a id game one.

(The commentator on this video is really annoying with his South London Fs and Vs instead of THs)
Covenant
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Up