THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 May 2024, 00:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: Hair Advice!!! (NOW WITH RULESSS)  (Read 638843 times)

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
Re: Hair Advice!!! (NOW WITH RULESSS)
« Reply #600 on: 18 Feb 2008, 21:45 »

Well I ask because while a mohawk and tattoos is certainly unconventional, he is a delivery driver, and those guys are plainclothes anyway. he get paid more because he knows how to make his own transactions through the register rather than bothering other cashiers.

And on top of that you never know what an owner might say. The previous owner for the place I work at probably wouldn't have ever hired that guy, and being as I work at a cashier I'm representing the image of the store, so to speak. Its always good to ask, I work at a sub shop, not a Hot Topic or tattoo parlor.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #601 on: 18 Feb 2008, 21:53 »

I work at a video game/music/movie store. I still ask if they are ok with certain piercings, and whatnot.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #602 on: 19 Feb 2008, 06:07 »

I love the fact that being weird and quirky is encouraged by my current job. My boss makes a habit of trying to collect the coolest people on campus to work there.

Not that I take full advantage of it or anything, but I'm pretty sure I could get a face tattoo and be doing OK.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #603 on: 19 Feb 2008, 06:19 »

I'm gonna get dreads again during winter. I work in an office and am rarely coming into contact with anyone, I'll probably run it by my boss but I reckon she'll be cool with it.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

JazzyJoe

« Reply #604 on: 20 Feb 2008, 17:15 »

Scratch that post... where is the damned delete button?

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #605 on: 20 Feb 2008, 17:17 »

PS Jimmy gets fake dreads;)
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

butmyrobotloves

• Emoticontraindication
    • http://www.myspace.com/factvsromance
« Reply #606 on: 22 Feb 2008, 07:48 »

I've had lotttts of different hairstyles.  Cases in point (and believe me, this is only a small sampling):
[img width= height=]http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v10/126/23/8628228/n8628228_30739187_2781.jpg[/img]
[img width= height=]http://b5.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00249/53/97/249537935_l.jpg[/img]
[img width= height=]http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v17/126/23/8628228/n8628228_33138674_6819.jpg[/img]

Right now it looks like this:

[img width= height=]http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v158/126/23/8628228/n8628228_40822975_6291.jpg[/img]

And I like it, I do, but I'm getting kind of bored.  I'm used to switching things up a lot.  This is obviously the most natural look on me and I really dig that.  Should I keep it, or keep playin?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #607 on: 22 Feb 2008, 07:52 »

Why you stopped with the retro hairstyles is beyond me.

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #608 on: 22 Feb 2008, 09:09 »

I was trying to figure out who the actress was in the first picture.
Then it dawned on me that it wasn't a picture of an actress with a hairstyle like yours but an actual picture of you...with a hairstyle like yours....
Ummm, yea, I'm slow.
Annnnnyway, I just have to ask. In the last picture, were you bit by a vampire?
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

butmyrobotloves

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #609 on: 22 Feb 2008, 09:14 »

it would appear so, huh?  no, i'm just the moliest lady ever.  i'm about 50% sure that there was only one mole in that area a couple years ago, but i can't for the life of me remember which one.  i like my moles, but i get weird questions about them a lot--for example, in senegal people kept asking me if i had some crazy mosquito attack all over my face where i have a bunch of reddish moles on my jaw.  thanks, guys.  thanks.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #610 on: 22 Feb 2008, 09:21 »

In the last picture you look sort of like Kate from the B-52s! That's a compliment. And Joe, it IS still retro, just not 1920's awesome cabaret retro.

In sum: I think you should keep it! And also you should high-five more sharks, because that's awesome.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

butmyrobotloves

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #611 on: 22 Feb 2008, 09:27 »

Why you stopped with the retro hairstyles is beyond me.

I still mess around with it--sometimes I fingerwave my bangs, when I put it up I like to do a bouffant-inspired 60s poofin' in the back, and a lot of the time I pile my hair up on my head and look positively late-1700s.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #612 on: 22 Feb 2008, 12:21 »

Look at the photo thread tommy, cassie's back too. It's a Christmas miracle.

Napoleon the Clown

• Emoticontraindication
  • Worriesome
« Reply #613 on: 22 Feb 2008, 23:54 »

Keep it the way it is.  It's gorgeous already.
Scaring the shit outta Hannelore since...  God knows when. (T-shirt reference FTW)

Jooooosh

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #614 on: 24 Feb 2008, 21:55 »

Though this is an old photo, my hair currently is this:

Im thinking about goin kinda short. Suggestions?
fast-food for thought

EMC

« Reply #615 on: 25 Feb 2008, 11:53 »

Guys, come gettin' my paycheck this Friday I'm dying my hair blue. Bright, glorious blue. And not just some of it, but all of it. I already know where I'm going to get it done, since I've never dyed my hair before in my life. My friend's girlfriend is a colorist at a hair salon and she'll do it for free as long as I supply the bleach, dye, etc.

this could either be awesome or horribly, horribly wrong. I'll post pics when I have them, but I've decided on this for the past week, I even asked and my job won't even fire me for it. (apparently pizza/sub shops near colleges are expected of this sort of thing. That and one of the other cashiers/delivery drivers has a mohawk, hella piercings, a neck tattoo and two full sleeves.)

to be honest with you...BLUE is the HARDEST to do....you'd have to bleach it til it turns WHITE before the blue can be satisfactory.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #616 on: 25 Feb 2008, 16:40 »

Oopsie I totally forgot to say, I did cut my hair. I'm sorry guys, not shorter though, I have a bit more of a bang and more layers. It's a bit more retro than my previous hair cut, or rather, it -can- be. When it's up it's pretty cute. Nothing drastic though, a little disappointed.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #617 on: 25 Feb 2008, 16:49 »

Robot, I LOVE your hair in the first pic. If you like your current color, I say keep the color and get it cut short again, though your hair is very pretty long.

to be honest with you...BLUE is the HARDEST to do....you'd have to bleach it til it turns WHITE before the blue can be satisfactory.

I never had problems when I dyed my hair blue. Granted, it was a navy blue and I did it over my natural color (medium brown), but it was pretty nice. But I have noticed with everyone who's had blue hair, it fades to green if you don't keep up the color.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #618 on: 25 Feb 2008, 20:48 »

Yeah, the blue fading to green is pretty gross.  But purple fades to grey, red fades to pink... The only solution I found when I was dying my hair crazy colors was to buy a whole bottle of the dye (there was a hair supply store near me that sold fairly decent dye for about $5 a bottle) and re-do it once every two weeks or so.  But that, of course, basically ensures that you'll have majorly split ends.  Being a hipster comes at a price, I guess?

thehollow

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #619 on: 25 Feb 2008, 21:35 »

as my knowledge of hair care only extends as far as using guy's 2 in 1 shampoo and getting it cut about every 6 months, what exactly is the deal with split ends? is it actually that noticeable or harmful for your hair?

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #620 on: 25 Feb 2008, 22:04 »

Basically, the tip of your hair frays, and if you have enough split ends your hair can start to look sort of like a broom.  It's not a huge deal but it does make your hair look kinda sad and unhealthy.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #621 on: 26 Feb 2008, 00:07 »

Yeah, the blue fading to green is pretty gross.  But purple fades to grey, red fades to pink... The only solution I found when I was dying my hair crazy colors was to buy a whole bottle of the dye (there was a hair supply store near me that sold fairly decent dye for about $5 a bottle) and re-do it once every two weeks or so.  But that, of course, basically ensures that you'll have majorly split ends.  Being a hipster comes at a price, I guess?

But blue fading to green is handy! You get two reasonable colours. it's better than dying your hair green anyway; green fades to an awful pissy yellow.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

mooface

« Reply #622 on: 26 Feb 2008, 04:30 »

when i dyed my hair blue it faded to green pretty quickly (it was already more of a turquoise color).  it lead to a lot of confusion when i would forget that it had changed color and would tell people things like "yeah i dyed my hair blue because i got tired of the purple" and they would reply "but... your hair is green" like i was some kind of idiot.

but hey, it was definitely better than how i looked like a grizzled old person whenever the purple began to fade out.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #623 on: 10 Mar 2008, 14:35 »

Why does my hair change colour?

This is a serious question. I can't provide pictures because I don't have any, but on some days it looks blonde and sort of golden. On others it seems a kind of reddish gold colour. On other days again it is a mousy brown. I always use the same shampoo and conditioner. It can't be the light because I look at it in the mirror in the bathroom when I get up and I always have the lights on in the mornings (it's kind of grey outside when I get up usually).

So is it to do with hormones or something? Is it the way I look at it? I love it when it's reddish gold but I hate the mouse and I could happily lose the blonde. If anyone knows how I can keep it reddish without dye, I'd love to hear.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #624 on: 10 Mar 2008, 17:09 »

It's not hormonal, unless it's just hormones altering your perception, as your hair is dead. Given the rate it grows, it would take months to notice any hormonal related change in your hair, and it wouldn't extend beyond any new growth. If your hair is changing colour, it has to be an environmental factor. My hair gets lighter with exposure to sunlight, and my conditioner darkens it.
Experiment!

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #625 on: 10 Mar 2008, 18:01 »

There is fungus living in your hair.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #626 on: 10 Mar 2008, 21:49 »

But blue fading to green is handy! You get two reasonable colours. it's better than dying your hair green anyway; green fades to an awful pissy yellow.

Typically, but I did have a friend whose green hair faded to a really cool chartreuse (aha! I finally spelled chartreuse!) color that suited her very well. 

Jimmy, there is a picture of you somewhere on here where you are with a lady.  It would be sorta creepy for me to go searching, so I will ask here: Is her hair Special Effects Fishbowl?  Because I love that color.  I used it recently in what has become a scientific experiment. 

Apologies for the MySpaceyness.  This is the result of my latest attempt at haircoloring.  I didn't achieve my desired results, but the end effect is sort of interesting.  Mostly because I only used two colors of dye, and somehow came out with at least five different shades. 

Seriously, Special Effects is good stuff.  There are pink tones in my hair that have survived four months and three dye jobs.  It's inde-fucking-structable.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #627 on: 10 Mar 2008, 23:51 »

I'm not sure what your desired results were, but that looks quite good on you.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #628 on: 11 Mar 2008, 00:00 »

Looks cool cursive fan.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #629 on: 11 Mar 2008, 05:49 »

Jimmy's lady is a hairdresser, so it is probably a salon brand colour rather than a commercially available one. I do agree that it looks fucking fantastic, though, and I am jealous that I cannot pull off silly coloured hair.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #630 on: 12 Mar 2008, 17:29 »

I'm not sure what your desired results were, but that looks quite good on you.

Thank you.  The whole lot of it was supposed to be the teal that is on top and the dark blue that is on the bottom.  The stuff in between is what surprised me. 

Looks cool cursive fan.

Thank you also.  Woo Tim Kasher. 

Unosuke

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #631 on: 12 Mar 2008, 19:49 »

was this a good look for me?

as a comparison, here's what I look like now

(note: the chops are grown in and thicker now, this pic is a few weeks old)
Jeph: I think I like drunken baking. It has a sense of danger that you just don't get when you're sober.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #632 on: 12 Mar 2008, 20:35 »

It was ok, I like it more now. You seem to have shifted from stoner kid to rockabilly kid, based solely on hairstyles...both are good but certainly reflect different outlooks.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #633 on: 12 Mar 2008, 20:51 »

I agree, first pic is boring, second pic is freakin sweet.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #634 on: 12 Mar 2008, 20:59 »

The short hair suits you much better. I even like the chops which is not something that happens often.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #635 on: 12 Mar 2008, 21:53 »

Paging Lummer to this thread. I repeat, Lummer to this thread.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #636 on: 13 Mar 2008, 22:20 »

The short hair suits you much better. I even like the chops which is not something that happens often.

You just broke my heart D:

(Pee ess I actually shaved my sideburns back to just below my earlobes at the start of this week)

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #637 on: 13 Mar 2008, 22:24 »

Have I ever seen you chops? It's just I have seen many dudes with chops and it doesn't work as often as they seem to think it should.
Liz is touching me.

NarwhalSunshine

« Reply #638 on: 13 Mar 2008, 22:29 »

I'm thinking about cutting mine shorter
that's what it looks like now but I'm kind of it. I dunno how I'm going to get it done though.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #639 on: 13 Mar 2008, 22:42 »

Have I ever seen you chops? It's just I have seen many dudes with chops and it doesn't work as often as they seem to think it should.

Page 11 of this thread.

Or any pic of me on here, really.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #640 on: 13 Mar 2008, 22:55 »

Ah, yes. They aren't as... choppy? I would consider that somewhere between chops and sideburns that have just gotten really long. Whatever you call them to do work for you! (There, better now?)
Liz is touching me.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #641 on: 13 Mar 2008, 22:59 »

So I dyed my hair. The box says plum, but it looks more like wine to me.

Also, ignore the contrast overkill which is a result of the flash. My house has terrible lighting, so I can't get a good picture of the color without using the flash.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #642 on: 14 Mar 2008, 01:01 »

normz

« Reply #643 on: 14 Mar 2008, 05:01 »

bed head..... hot or just unkempt?

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #644 on: 14 Mar 2008, 05:04 »

HOT.

I always try to get bedhead because I love the scruffy look but all I ever get are waxy spikey bits. I have to wash and straighten my hair every day, so I can't go out in my actual bedhead.

normz

« Reply #645 on: 14 Mar 2008, 05:57 »

to be fair calling it bedhead is a lie.... thats been washed and straightened and then killed with products

but the best product for bedhead ive used by far is a product called rough paste by redken or as my hairdresser best friend would tell you its for when you want serious JBF hair (just been fucked) and its good cause its not too 'waxy' so you dont get real yucky spikyness

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
Liz is touching me.

SeanBateman

« Reply #647 on: 14 Mar 2008, 08:58 »

I actually used to exclusively use product by a company called bedhead, that is kind of cool, right?

My hair is so boring, internet.

absurdabsurd

« Reply #648 on: 08 Apr 2008, 08:42 »

help please?

this is some of my haircut history, and it is occurring to me that my last two cuts are kind of similar dark red jobbies and I'm getting a little bored. my hair is really really fine and I don't have a lot of it, which rules out a lot of haircuts. dye also tends to wash out relatively quickly, but that's less of an issue.

basically I am one of those people who gets a kick out of very drastic hairstyle changes but my creativity is running out a little.

absurdabsurd

« Reply #649 on: 08 Apr 2008, 09:40 »

Hmm.
Colour?

I want to be able to waltz into the hairdressers and go DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING! and see where that takes me. It's how I got most of those cuts because there was a really artistically inclined kid who loved snipping away and experimenting at hair for hours. He disappeared, which is why the past two cuts have been on the safe side because I can't find anyone who, when I say that, goes "OMG AWESOME can I do this this this and this I've ALWAYS wanted to try that!"

Also, I am just studying there, poised and ready to run as far away as I can as soon as I can.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 58   Go Up