THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 04 May 2024, 14:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 769658 times)

Zingoleb

Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #3900 on: 01 Jun 2009, 20:21 »

A problem may arise where the pubic hair may tickle my nose, thus causing me to sneeze. The force of the sneeze would then send the naked midget off balance, thus landing upon his erect penis and causing undue bodily harm and property damage,at which point he would be removed from the CockSlapping Olympics.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #3901 on: 01 Jun 2009, 20:29 »

This is the blog thread, not the "make up stupid shit in an attempt to make yourself seem quirky" thread.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3902 on: 01 Jun 2009, 20:37 »

This is based on a conversation I had in reality, excuse me.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #3903 on: 01 Jun 2009, 20:39 »

I don't care.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #3904 on: 01 Jun 2009, 20:45 »

I've never had a backup singer before.

This is uh, pretty tops.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #3905 on: 01 Jun 2009, 20:53 »

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #3906 on: 01 Jun 2009, 21:02 »

Been offered a job at a new club playing minimal/tech/dubsteppy sort of stuff that my friends put on parties at, so I am going to be working nights in a real nightclub again!

heck yes
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #3907 on: 01 Jun 2009, 22:12 »

Whoo, new phone (damn that was quick, apparently there's money in my bank account).
Nokia 3120. Currently being broken in woot.

(I can still post pointless stuff about my life, right guys?)
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Zingoleb

« Reply #3908 on: 01 Jun 2009, 22:16 »

Turns out, transposing Van Halen to keyboard is actually totally easy and awesome.

DarkAvenger

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #3909 on: 01 Jun 2009, 22:26 »

Dear Blog Thread,

I am starting a radio station. My friend and I have been slowly getting things together in order to start our own radio station. I don't know how well this will work but it will be completely awesome when started. We've already got devoted fans. I believe we go live July 13th.

Once again, this is awesome.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #3910 on: 01 Jun 2009, 22:40 »

Tell me more. I want to do this, but in a more Guerrilla "Pump Up The Volume" style. Specifically, tell me about the equipment and costs. I've been doing my own little research, but I'd like some first hand help.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3911 on: 01 Jun 2009, 22:45 »

I presume from the lack of qualifiers before "radio station" that you mean actual over the airwaves radio and not internet? That would be quite cool (well, either way is still awesome).

And yes, I'm curious about the technical details as well.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #3912 on: 01 Jun 2009, 23:31 »

I want to do this, but in a more Guerrilla "Pump Up The Volume" style.

You just want a girl who looks like Samantha Mathis to take her top off on your front lawn, don't you. Go on, be honest.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #3913 on: 01 Jun 2009, 23:45 »

Yes.
My Last.FM

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #3914 on: 02 Jun 2009, 00:59 »

Hey, you're not ImRonBurgundy? !

Yo blog thread,

I could be genderqueer!
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3915 on: 02 Jun 2009, 01:01 »

So I'm sure you all have read my posts about how I'm trying to find an apartment. GUESS WHO JUST GOT APPROVED FOR AN APARTMENT?

They don't have much in the way of inside photos but if you'd like to see the view from my new balconey why don't you click here?
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #3916 on: 02 Jun 2009, 01:27 »

I want to do this, but in a more Guerrilla "Pump Up The Volume" style.

You just want a girl who looks like Samantha Mathis to take her top off on your front lawn, don't you. Go on, be honest.
There is no shame in this.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #3917 on: 02 Jun 2009, 01:51 »

... I'm aware of this?
My Last.FM

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #3918 on: 02 Jun 2009, 02:38 »

Dear blag,

One of the girls from the show two seasons ago apparently wants to meet me. She keeps calling me dear, too. It's kinda awkward.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3919 on: 02 Jun 2009, 03:26 »

... I'm aware of this?

That's just the avatar ImRonBurgundy used for a really long time. When i saw it I thought it was him/her too.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #3920 on: 02 Jun 2009, 03:31 »

Last night I kept getting sexually explicit text messages from a guy I work with. I told him I was uncomfortable with that and he continued to harass me. I'm pretty upset about it because he was the first of my coworkers to be nice to me when I started at this job and I'm not sure what to do.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3921 on: 02 Jun 2009, 03:42 »

Allison, it all depends on what you're comfortable with, but the law is completely on your side in this. You can tell him again, saying you'll report any further incidents to your boss, see if that works. If confronting him again isn't something you want to do, go to your boss and let them know, they can give you a rundown of options, but they HAVE to do something otherwise they're on the hook legally.

In the meantime, document, document, document. If you still have the texts, keep them and show them to somebody. If you've deleted them, reconstruct them from memory right now as best you can, plus any verbal harassment you may have experienced. If you've told any friends or shown them the texts, get them to write down what they saw. The more the better here, even if it isn't direct evidence, it counts.

There's no reason you should have to feel uncomfortable at work just because some idiot can't respect boundaries, and there should be a system in place there to make sure it doesn't stay that way. Good luck.

Edit: and yes, harassment laws do cover behavior outside of work itself.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2009, 03:52 by Jimor »

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3922 on: 02 Jun 2009, 03:58 »

Oh hey, Lunchy reporting in with Awesome Job Status.
Today I spent several hours researching Magic: The Gathering and the World of Warcraft trading card game, because the one our company is working on is similar. Then I did some online gambling (also for research because we make those as well) and then I sat around for a bit and ate chocolate biscuits whilst watching the artists, and had to answer such difficult questions as "Does the Dark Elf have pupils or what" and "What sort of loincloth should this ogre be wearing."

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #3923 on: 02 Jun 2009, 04:09 »

There's no reason you should have to feel uncomfortable at work just because some idiot can't respect boundaries, and there should be a system in place there to make sure it doesn't stay that way. Good luck.

But we kind of flirt (I'm just naturally flirty and I sometimes don't realize it) and I think I led him on, so I feel really badly... I don't want anyone to get in any trouble. I also really don't want to lose this job, and I'm feeling right now like I should quit.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3924 on: 02 Jun 2009, 04:11 »

Don't be silly, check with management or (if you have it) HR. There will be measurements in place to stop this sort of thing.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3925 on: 02 Jun 2009, 04:13 »

You shouldn't have to quit because he is harassing you. Even if you led him on unintentionally, once you said "hey, this is making me uncomfortable, please stop it" he should have backed the fuck off, rather than continuing with the messages and all that.

You really aren't the one in the wrong here, you should at least tell him again to stop or you will take it to your boss, and if he continues, follow through with the threat.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3926 on: 02 Jun 2009, 04:28 »

But we kind of flirt (I'm just naturally flirty and I sometimes don't realize it) and I think I led him on, so I feel really badly... I don't want anyone to get in any trouble. I also really don't want to lose this job, and I'm feeling right now like I should quit.

No reason you can't see if things get better on their own now that you've established the boundaries. If you were a bit flirty, and this was his awkward way of finding out if you'd take the next step, that's not too bad (not to excuse it, but in these days of nekkid phone pics, dirty texting seems to be a common mating call type of thing). In the harassment seminar I was required to take when I was in a supervisor position, it was put as the "ask once" rule. If you asked a coworker out and they said "no" that was it unless they then made the next move. So if you want, you can count this as his one "chance".

But still, you shouldn't feel like you should have to quit, you shouldn't have to feel like you'd be a troublemaker for reporting it if that's what you feel you need to do, that's the whole point of anti-harassment laws and policies.

How's this for an interim solution. Step one is still to document it all while the memory is fresh. Step two, just let your supervisor know that there is somebody who is starting to get out of line, you think you might be able to handle it on your own, but that if it doesn't stop, you want to know who to talk to. This way you can get a good idea of how supportive the management is, and how they handle it as a policy.

It doesn't mean anybody has to get fired, one of the options is mediation for example. And one of the conditions if management does step in is that there can't even be a hint at retaliation by anybody involved.

I know it's tough and uncomfortable. A worker under me felt the need to complain about a coworker, but the process worked, the behavior ended, both workers stayed on the job and everybody had a much clearer idea of how serious we had to take worker on worker harassment.

I hope this helps.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3927 on: 02 Jun 2009, 04:36 »

Sexual harrassment law (at least here) states that as soon as you say "hey you're making me uncomfortable, stop doing x,y,z" than you are legally covered if they try anything. Even if you were flirting beforehand. Even if he claims he's just flirting. Intention is irrelevant if he made you uncomfortable enough to have to tell management which you should totally do
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3928 on: 02 Jun 2009, 05:27 »

Ohey blog thread my SKWM shirt came in the mail today, with the name of Tim Midgett written by Tim Midgett (probably) on the envelope. Framin' the envelope and putting it on the wall next to my PC, and wearing the shirt with pride. It looks awesome (you were wrong Tommy, it is a good, if basic design)

Dang near bought the same shirt myself today. Didn't though, gonna e-mail and find out if a) I need to pay extra shipping to Australialand and b) if I can package it up with some Bottomless Pit stuff while I'm at it. It seems that Tim runs both band's online presences so it hopefully won't be a big deal. Did you have to pay extra shipping on the shirt Jens?

Dear Blog Thread,

Stop having such busy lives! It makes catching up very hard I mean I have only been away for a couple of days come on
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

öde

« Reply #3929 on: 02 Jun 2009, 05:30 »

I asked if I had to pay extra shipping and he said it was alright because he only had a few left. I didn't follow his logic but it was pretty ace of him.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3930 on: 02 Jun 2009, 06:20 »

Oh christ I just realised that I have to give my notice in to my current landlord to tell her I'm moving but at the same time I have to tell her that one of the burners on the stove has stopped working and that we're still waiting for the rain to dry up so we can mow the back lawn so she can have it sprayed for fleas and god damn I need to find and afford a van driven by some burly men so that they can carry my shit up four flights of stairs because I can't carry a couch or a fridge by myself oh fuck now comes the horrible time after finding a place to move to when you realise you fucking hate moving and oh christ how I am going to afford any of this stuff???

Reed

« Reply #3931 on: 02 Jun 2009, 07:45 »

Allison, you really should take Jimor's advice. You shouldn't feel guilty at all, it doesn't matter how much you lead a guy on he has no right to keep going once you let him know how uncomfortable he is making you. My last girlfriend was sexually harassed by a long term sub at the school where she teaches. She initially didn't want to do anything about it because all the other teachers really liked him and she didn't want to break up a good dynamic. Eventually he started getting pretty creepy, so she went to her administration. Initially their response was "why did you wait so long? this is clearly all your fault and we won't do anything about it". It took getting her union rep to threaten to sue the shit out of every administrator from the principal up to the district superintendent for them to do anything. Even then they held an inquiry where he stayed in his position at the school while they investigated for 2 weeks.

TL;DR Don't wait around, if he doesn't stop when you ask him it really is best that you take action

(And I doubt your work place would be this bad, Hartford school district is notoriously fucked up and the school she works at is even worse)
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Kylos

• Obscure cultural reference
    • Myspace?
« Reply #3932 on: 02 Jun 2009, 08:34 »

My prick of a boyfriend just told me that he stole food from asda. I promptly shouted at him for being such a cock, and now i'm silently seething.
I can understand stealing food if you can't afford to eat. I'm not condoning it, but I can understand why it's done. But he's fucking loaded. He's my landlord, so he gets a buttload of money every month from my housemates and me. He can afford to eat. Hell, he can afford to swim in the goddamn money if he wanted to.

My boyfriend is a thief, and I am disgusted. Remind me again why i'm with him?
I hope we mess things up in a huge and beautiful fashion.

Pernix takes the rat and uses it as a peen sock.

öde

« Reply #3933 on: 02 Jun 2009, 08:41 »

Poor Asda.

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #3934 on: 02 Jun 2009, 09:12 »

Because otherwise he might kick you out of your house/ raise rents to a ridiculous degree? Not too impune your reasons for staying with him, I just thought that that might be one of them.

Exam on Medieval Crusader Kingdom's tomorrow, wish me luck guys (though not too much, I will need more for thursday's exam)
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3935 on: 02 Jun 2009, 09:41 »

I have revised so much today! I woke up before seven (and stayed in bed for over an hour because for some inexplicable reason my throat feels like I've swallowed a golf ball every time I swallow, it HURTS) and then spent almost all day working.

I think that if I have a similar day tomorrow, I will actually not only be ready for this exam but I will PWN SOME SOCIOLOGY EXAM ASS!
Then again I really, really hope that a question comes up on what I've been revising or I will actually be crying, I have worked so hard but they can ask almost anything.

Anyway time for tea (salad. Great. I had salad for lunch) and then work.

Jimmy, good luck with moving! I had things to say to everyone but I can't remember them all right now and I have to go eat.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3936 on: 02 Jun 2009, 10:23 »

Because otherwise he might kick you out of your house/ raise rents to a ridiculous degree? Not too impune your reasons for staying with him, I just thought that that might be one of them.

That is a shit reason to stay with someone. Kylos, is this a one time thing, or does he steal often? It could have just been a Raskolnikov moment where he just wanted to know what it was like to steal something.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Zingoleb

« Reply #3937 on: 02 Jun 2009, 10:29 »

Too many panda avatars make me feel like I'm trapped in a Deerhoof song.

:p

Blaggy,

My psychiatric evaluation is in two days and I am very calmly panicking about the whole affair, because I really, really, really don't want to be committed to any asylum.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #3938 on: 02 Jun 2009, 10:55 »

That is a shit reason to stay with someone. Kylos, is this a one time thing, or does he steal often? It could have just been a Raskolnikov moment where he just wanted to know what it was like to steal something.
We're talking about a grown man, right?
My Last.FM

Kylos

• Obscure cultural reference
    • Myspace?
« Reply #3939 on: 02 Jun 2009, 11:02 »

He's 20, nearly 21.
He's stolen chocolate and stuff from shops before, but never told me about it until today. The only other time i've known about his thievery was at halloween when he put a scary dolls head in his pocket and just walked out. He got an ear full for that one too.
He's one of these people that does or says things just to get a reaction out of people, but the only reaction he's getting is from me.
When I asked him why he'd done it, he said "just to save myself some money". He doesn't need to save money. The only money he spends is on bills, food and games because he rarely goes out (another thing that grates my nerves).

I just don't know what to do with him anymore.
I hope we mess things up in a huge and beautiful fashion.

Pernix takes the rat and uses it as a peen sock.

öde

« Reply #3940 on: 02 Jun 2009, 11:04 »

Turn him upside-down and shake him, that should reset him.

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #3941 on: 02 Jun 2009, 11:09 »

Raskolnikov?

You could break up with him. If you can't remember why you are with this guy then maybe its best to break it off.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #3942 on: 02 Jun 2009, 11:17 »

Filching chocolate is a pretty immature thing to do, but at that age there can still remnants of that kind of behavior ("I feel like a candy bar but I don't feel like paying a dollar for it") ... personally, what I'd do is make it clear that it's childish of him, and that you'll start initiating some kind of negative reinforcement (like withholding some regular favor or another) if it keeps up.  If you give him a reason to stop it shouldn't be too difficult for him.
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3943 on: 02 Jun 2009, 11:25 »

Raskolnikov?

Yeah, seeing how far he can push stuff. See whether he can get away with things because he's extraordinary. etc etc.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #3944 on: 02 Jun 2009, 11:40 »

I just don't know what to do with him anymore.
You leave his ass?
My Last.FM

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #3945 on: 02 Jun 2009, 12:19 »

Fucking shitface I got motherfucking outbid by a fucking dollar on that titting E2-E4 vinyl motherfuck.

Fucky fuck fuck
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

ackblom12

« Reply #3946 on: 02 Jun 2009, 12:27 »

Dear Blog Thread,

My grandfather has been dealing with cancer for the last couple of years and had finally refused further treatment as of late last year. He's been going up and down in health the entire time, was finally put on daily pain med patches a few months ago and seemed to be on a up period the last 2 months. My parents took him to a WWII Veteran reunion over the weekend and apparently he fell and shattered his collarbone while he was there and has had a rather dramatic drop in health. He is currently being watched over by a 24 hour hospice care nurse. He's apparently fallen into a pretty constant state of confusion when he's awake and apparently they were not expecting him to not make it through last night. I'm suspecting that my grandmother (the wife of the dying grandfather) is going to go sometime in the following months. So I'm gonna be trying to see if i can get a plane ticket from the parents to go down and see them in the next few days.

BLAH

Sincerely,
Stephen

Edit- Why hallo thar pagebreak.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2009, 19:17 by ackblom12 »

onewheelwizzard

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Ha! Fool ...
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/onewheelwizzard
« Reply #3947 on: 02 Jun 2009, 12:29 »

Fucking shitface I got motherfucking outbid by a fucking dollar on that titting E2-E4 vinyl motherfuck.

Fucky fuck fuck

Whoa, I literally just listened to that album.  5 minutes ago.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2009, 13:11 by onewheelwizzard »
also at one point mid-sex she asked me "what do you think about commercialism in art?"

Zingoleb

« Reply #3948 on: 02 Jun 2009, 12:49 »

Did you outbid someone for it, Joe? Are you that cruel person?

@Stephen - I'm very sorry about your grandfather.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3949 on: 02 Jun 2009, 13:15 »

Crossposting this a bit because no one goes in arts and crafts.

Spent a little bit of time painting today, finished a $10 commission, I promise it looks better than this, I only own a camera on my phone, and it doesn't like details.

Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 90   Go Up