No
- 2 (8%)
Not if I do one first
- 5 (20%)
Over my dead and rotting corps
- 4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT 1-5 Jun 09  (Read 68939 times)

Keebbles

• Emoticontraindication
Re: WCT 1-5 Jun 09
« Reply #150 on: 04 Jun 2009, 05:06 »

liked the tearfull puppy eyes on Angus....so much emotion :cry:

Puppy teary eyed Angus is so funny and Hanner's reaction is like Oh Shit what am I supposed to do in this social situation?
 Then HHHHHHHHHHH occurs. :-D
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Free 2 Play! No D/L! Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN The Awesome Online Anime Spoof!

innermoppet

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Call me El Conquistador
    • Profoundly Shallow
« Reply #151 on: 04 Jun 2009, 06:23 »

The look on Angus's face is so adorable. I would want to hug him back. Then again, I don't have crippling OCD.

Actually I have a crippling need to eat Twinkies. Mmmm Twinkies. You can hug and eat Twinkies at the same time.
Sam: So let me get this straight. You want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?
Dean: She was a yoga teacher. That was the bendiest weekend of my life!

-Supernatural-

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #152 on: 04 Jun 2009, 07:32 »

I don't think Angus and Marigold are (closely) related, though. You can tell by the noses. My guess is roommates.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #153 on: 04 Jun 2009, 08:58 »

Oh wow, Jeph really took a turn for the better by adding Marigold as a character. So much fun.  :lol:
Learn from this: Trust the Jeph

tdm88

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #154 on: 04 Jun 2009, 09:12 »

I don't think Angus and Marigold are (closely) related, though. You can tell by the noses. My guess is roommates.

They could be step siblings, half siblings, one could be adopted...

Or they could just be roommates/friends. All I'm saying is just because they don't look alike that doesn't make it impossible for them to be related.
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2009, 09:20 by tdm88 »
Maria Bamford: I've never really thought of myself as depressed as much as paralyzed by hope.

Aegir

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #155 on: 04 Jun 2009, 09:32 »

Unless Marigold doesn't have a lock on her door (which might make sense because everyone else doesn't seem to knock to get in), then Angus has a key, so he might be her roommate. Additionally, that would explain why the rest of the apartment isn't as dirty.

Newbia

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #156 on: 04 Jun 2009, 13:37 »

Angus' and Hanners' expressions totally made my day. :D

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #157 on: 04 Jun 2009, 14:19 »

In other news, the character of Marigold has made me realize that I, too, am a compulsive hoarder.

Junodog said something in the 'Marigold' thread (now locked for some reason) that was interesting.   Even if you're not a compulsive hoarder, per se, there's something more going on than just 'being lazy'.

I have my messy room and I've got a nice plan for cleaning it up, then I get tired or distracted and end up not getting anything done, and then I've got another few dirty kleenexes on the floor that I had meant to throw away but forgot about in the time between the thought of "this needs to be thrown away" and actually getting up to do something else, and then a week passes after I first intended to clean everything up and it's about the same, if not worse, than it was before.  The only thing that can keep me from doing this is if I have enough space for storage (which is only the case about half the time, if that) or if my room is in pretty good shape to begin with.  Getting distracted is a huge part of it.

Of course, in my case it actually is a mental disorder, seeing as I've got ADHD and an anxiety disorder, but it's not necessarily hoarding.  For me it was just getting distracted and not having a trash can nearby or having places to put stuff/organize it.  I'm better now than I was, though, mostly because I've gotten into better routines over the years and I know how to organize things in the best way possible for me.  I think Marigold might just be one of those people who forgets about the stuff that doesn't interest her and doesn't do anything about it for a long time.  And yes, I have forgotten to throw stuff away for months at a time.

ALSO: i've been reading a book that I have found SUPER-HELPFUL, and maybe you should check it out. 

It's Hard to Make a Difference When You Can't Find Your Keys
- not just another book about getting organized.  It speaks to the chronically disorganized - talking not just about being disorganized, but why we are disorganized.   Not just 'don't do X, do Y', but how to really get at the root of the issues.  You can read the first chapter here or download it as a PDF here.  Just the first chapter spoke to me so much - so maybe check it out, perhaps it's something for you too.   :-)

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled comic forum.
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

Mojo

« Reply #158 on: 04 Jun 2009, 15:12 »

I'll point out that Marigold has Steve's nose...

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #159 on: 04 Jun 2009, 16:00 »

In other news, the character of Marigold has made me realize that I, too, am a compulsive hoarder.

Junodog said something in the 'Marigold' thread (now locked for some reason) that was interesting.   Even if you're not a compulsive hoarder, per se, there's something more going on than just 'being lazy'.

I think it was locked because of the creepiness factor exceeding 9000. Also, we're still talking about a comic here, so Marigold might not be a compulsive hoarder or just lazy, but being in exaggerated filth for Hanners to unleash her wrath upon.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #160 on: 04 Jun 2009, 16:10 »

STOP HUGGING
STOP HUGGING
STOP HUGGING!!!

I think their gonna have to use Hanners hard reset button again
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2009, 16:12 by Kugai »
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

lisavilisa

• Plantmonster
« Reply #161 on: 04 Jun 2009, 18:04 »

I'll go for roommates. It makes the most sense - would feel a little too, iunno..forced? if she turned out to be Angus's ex. I mean, why would he go back to his ex, who he so obviously hated

Also, we know that said ex hates coffee of doom because they "snailed" (hehe A <3 M) her coffee.

Faye says she didn't do it, it seems a bit severe for Penelope, and Merigold did not recognize Dora. 

Unless Raven gave a snailed coffee and Dora didn't care, I say that rules her out.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #162 on: 04 Jun 2009, 18:38 »

Unless Raven gave a snailed coffee and Dora didn't care, I say that rules her out.

Does she have the mental capability to snail someone's coffee out of spite? Maybe it was a failed attempt at making an Escargotspresso.
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2009, 18:39 by bicostp »

ecstaticjoy

• I like math
« Reply #163 on: 04 Jun 2009, 19:24 »

Amorously Attentive Angus Affects Ambivalent Apprehension All Around

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #164 on: 04 Jun 2009, 19:30 »

Thanks for the alliteration.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

SleeperCylon

« Reply #165 on: 04 Jun 2009, 21:13 »

Hey, don't go knocking weird people.  Normal people are so much more predictable and judgmental. 

WEIRD PRIDE!

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #166 on: 04 Jun 2009, 21:16 »

I bet you are just like, so random, SleeperCylon.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #167 on: 04 Jun 2009, 21:47 »

New comic. And, indeed, this can't be good.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #168 on: 04 Jun 2009, 21:49 »

Hanners and Manga and Yaoi and Firemen, Oh my!!!
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Shadic

• Shadic's Website
« Reply #169 on: 04 Jun 2009, 21:53 »

Oh gods no. She's ruined.

Maybe she'll start popping pills again and meeting drunk guys in bar bathrooms.

MrDorman

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #170 on: 04 Jun 2009, 21:56 »

That may or may not be a good thing. Oldhanners was awesome, but Newhanners is cute...

I'm torn :(

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #171 on: 04 Jun 2009, 21:58 »

Ummmmmmm

This is gonna be interesting - Marigold's gonna get her hooked.
James The Kugai 

ekafrikay

• Not quite a lurker
  • NO NO NO NO NO
« Reply #172 on: 04 Jun 2009, 22:17 »

I'm looking forward to the coming week.
And a return of OldHanners might be interesting.

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #173 on: 04 Jun 2009, 22:28 »

But what are your thoughts on yaoi?

soniku64

• Plantmonster
  • What is love? Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me...
« Reply #174 on: 04 Jun 2009, 23:06 »

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT THE FLOOD GATES HAVE BROKEN OPEN!!! HOLY FUCK THERE IS WAVES OF HANNERS WANKING TO YAOI PICTURES! IT WILL DESTROY THE CITY! FUCK FUCK FUCK! QUICK CALL THE ALARM WE HAVE TO WARN ALL THE OTHER SHIPERS! THE S.S. HANTAI IS GONNA GO DOWN! OH THE HUMANITY IT IS EVERY WHERE!
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2009, 23:09 by soniku64 »
Official supporter of SnowmanxEveryone

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #175 on: 04 Jun 2009, 23:08 »

Lending someone your yaoi ("_Ya_mette! _O_rishii ga _I_tain desu!") probably counts as a bonding experience.

Hannelore seems to have missed out on a typical adolescence. Looks like with her new friends she's able to do deferred parts of the growing up process, e.g. trying new music.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

foozlesprite

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #176 on: 04 Jun 2009, 23:57 »

Did...did he just start a YAOI based plotline?  I *knew* there was a reason I faithfully read this comic...*munches on popcorn and watches the plot unfold way too slowly*

Kazukagii

• Furry furrier
  • I seem to be lost
« Reply #177 on: 04 Jun 2009, 23:58 »

...Sigh, I'm torn. While I'm liking this new, cute direction that Hanners is going in but.... Yaoi? Dammit, Now I'm not sure If I'm supposed to continue to like her, like her more, or like her less. DAMN YOU INTERNET!
I had something witty to put down here but.....

Junodog

• Not quite a lurker
  • Beregond needs more love.
« Reply #178 on: 04 Jun 2009, 23:58 »

This comic was amusing, yet all I can think of is that the manga Hannelore is holding doesn't read right-to-left and now I'm going to be wondering if Jeph just forgot that most manga is printed right-to-left or if he did it on purpose.  I feel strange because usually I'm not nitpicky enough to care about stuff like that for more than a few seconds.

But uh, yeah, Hannelore and yaoi.  Interesting things to come, methinks.  Yeah.
Quote from: Xipher from elsewhere
I'ma gonna charge my kitty vengance lazer beam. It's the cutest death ray you'll ever see.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #179 on: 05 Jun 2009, 02:02 »

Hmm OK, so today I learned what the term "Yaoi" means... Japan is SO weird, really.
Carpe Diem

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #180 on: 05 Jun 2009, 02:41 »

we're still talking about a comic here, so Marigold might not be a compulsive hoarder or just lazy, but being in exaggerated filth for Hanners to unleash her wrath upon.

1) You're not saying anything anyone doesn't know.  So thanks for adding nothing to the conversation.

2) If you had actually read what I wrote, you'd realize that the entire post was me talking to Aegir about some things that we might have in common, and some things that I wanted to share with people in case they had similar troubles.  Nothing about Marigold.

3) I am doing my very best (and it is indeed difficult) not to chew you out for bringing up the same stupid point that everyone who says it thinks is so incredibly enlightening.  Turns out *gasp* it's not.  I'm not even going to go into it, it's been talked to death so damned often.  Just let people have their discussions in peace. 

*sigh*

Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
« Reply #181 on: 05 Jun 2009, 03:23 »

This comic was amusing, yet all I can think of is that the manga Hannelore is holding doesn't read right-to-left and now I'm going to be wondering if Jeph just forgot that most manga is printed right-to-left or if he did it on purpose.

Isn't she just staring at the middle crease in both panels anyway? Where are you getting this from?
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #182 on: 05 Jun 2009, 03:26 »

we're still talking about a comic here, so Marigold might not be a compulsive hoarder or just lazy, but being in exaggerated filth for Hanners to unleash her wrath upon.

1) You're not saying anything anyone doesn't know.  So thanks for adding nothing to the conversation.

2) If you had actually read what I wrote, you'd realize that the entire post was me talking to Aegir about some things that we might have in common, and some things that I wanted to share with people in case they had similar troubles.  Nothing about Marigold.

3) I am doing my very best (and it is indeed difficult) not to chew you out for bringing up the same stupid point that everyone who says it thinks is so incredibly enlightening.  Turns out *gasp* it's not.  I'm not even going to go into it, it's been talked to death so damned often.  Just let people have their discussions in peace. 

*sigh*

Well, sorry. Just saying, it doesn't need to be applicable to real life.

Hmm OK, so today I learned what the term "Yaoi" means... Japan is SO weird, really.

Yeah, that makes two of us. Once again, QC expands my worldly knowledge, whether I like it or not.

...Waaaait a minute...

Anders <3 Maria ≈ Angus <3 Marigold?
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2009, 03:30 by LTK »

fifthfiend

• Larger than most fish
  • Huffalump
« Reply #183 on: 05 Jun 2009, 03:32 »

Ew.

Hanners, ew.

Headwoünd

• Larger than most fish
  • DENIED!
« Reply #184 on: 05 Jun 2009, 04:02 »

Also good thing this storyline reestablished Hannelore being the center of the QCverse.
Such a good thing.

Yes, this is me bitching and moaning once again, but I expected a bit diversion. Halfway through it's already same old + another character whose main purpose feels like to be setting up Hannelore moments (messy room? Hannelore. Yaoi? Eh, whatever, Hannelore).

And yeeeees I could "just stop reading QC yadda" if I didn't like it, but the thing is I used to enjoy it most of the time.
I'll take a sausage superior to any burger ... AND EAT IT!

epitomynut

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #185 on: 05 Jun 2009, 04:12 »

This comic was amusing, yet all I can think of is that the manga Hannelore is holding doesn't read right-to-left and now I'm going to be wondering if Jeph just forgot that most manga is printed right-to-left or if he did it on purpose.

Isn't she just staring at the middle crease in both panels anyway? Where are you getting this from?

The covers. On normal manga (and most of the abnormal manga), we would see the front cover on the left (relative to the viewer, not the reader's left) and the back cover on the right. With Magical Love Gentlemen, however, we can see that the front cover is on the right. There are four possible reasons for this.

1. Jeph made an oops. He is only human and so is entitled to make mistakes now and again.
2. The translating company flipped the artwork to suit the western audience. Or they just flipped the cover for some reason.
3. Magical Love Gentlemen is a western manga done with a japanese art style, but formated in the western way.
4. The covers are a rare printing error.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #186 on: 05 Jun 2009, 04:14 »

The poll results as of 0712 (EST)

If Hugging Hanners Heralds Heavy Hyperventilation does

Delectable Dora Desire Doughnuts?  12 (21.1%)
Precious Penelope Primly Pine?  17 (29.8%)
Secretive Sara Succor Sauri?  2 (3.5%)
Amorous Angus Anger Faye? (sorry, the aliteration bug failed me here)  26 (45.6%)

Total Voters: 57

Aaaand thinking of a new poll has me stumped for being on topic, so I'll just go with something unrelated to today's comic (mainly cause I find most manga boring, and yaoi creepy)
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2009, 04:17 by Border Reiver »
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

littlefox

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #187 on: 05 Jun 2009, 04:42 »

Yeah, that makes two of us. Once again, QC expands my worldly knowledge, whether I like it or not.

Um, okay. I'm confused. Yaoi is just ... it means gay. Gay between two men specifically (Yuri is lesbians). It doesn't involve any kinks (well, sometimes it does, but the word "yaoi" doesn't refer to any "kink" except gayness, which ... isn't a kink). If you think gay relationships are squicky, okay -- that's fine, & you should stop reading this comment.

I don't see why yaoi is any more strange than all of the male-oriented lesbian porn that exists on the American market. Most red-blooded hetero males I know can't even explain what it is that they prefer about lesbian porn to hetero. Sometimes, they say it feels -- ironically! -- "less gay" to watch, because there aren't any cocks in it.
I think the Japanese have found a pretty brilliant way to market man-on-man to women, by involving a romantic story (I find that most women dislike porn because it lacks "a story" -- what could be more of a story than holding a physical book in your hands?). Most gay porn in America markets to gay men (at least, I think that's what the deal is, based on how it's shot etc). Whereas, yaoi is written to appeal to women specifically. Even though I don't like porn too much in general, I still think it's pretty cool that Japan has found a porn market for women. In American society, it's still not totally acceptable for women to openly discuss masturbation and have an interest in porn. It's obviously way better than it used to be, but not totally there yet. I'm not sure if that's why people are "squicked" by today's comic, but ... considering that we just finished up a plot where Faye buys her first vibrator, I think everybody needs to loosen up a little in the name of QC.

All THAT said, Japan is totally weird (hello, tentacle porn? High rate of groping on subways? Whaaaat). I just don't consider yaoi to be even remotely a weird invention.
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2009, 04:44 by littlefox »

Malek

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #188 on: 05 Jun 2009, 05:09 »

Hannelore kicks so much ass in this one.

I cant wait for this to play out.

Orcao

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #189 on: 05 Jun 2009, 05:14 »

Lending someone your yaoi ("_Ya_mette! _O_rishii ga _I_tain desu!") probably counts as a bonding experience.

You used the joke explanation for its name =P

Yama nashi, ochi nashi, imi nashi (ヤマなし、オチなし、意味なし?) "No climax, no point, no meaning"

And for those that want to know what the joke one means... "Stop! My butt hurts!"

Random832

« Reply #190 on: 05 Jun 2009, 05:43 »

With Magical Love Gentlemen, however, we can see that the front cover is on the right. There are four possible reasons for this.

1. Jeph made an oops. He is only human and so is entitled to make mistakes now and again.
2. The translating company flipped the artwork to suit the western audience. Or they just flipped the cover for some reason.
3. Magical Love Gentlemen is a western manga done with a japanese art style, but formated in the western way.
4. The covers are a rare printing error.
5. It's Korean - their manga ("manhwa") reads from left to right IIRC

Malek

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #191 on: 05 Jun 2009, 05:57 »

I realy dont realy care about the way a book faces,if some of you do,so be it but i dont. I dont see what the fuss is about,but it doesnt matter.

I wonder what She did with Pintsize's "Lot o'Porn" i wonder if she realy did take some....

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #192 on: 05 Jun 2009, 07:39 »

Actually, there's quite a bit of erotica and romance that is m/m that is marketed to women. I think the part that weirds some people out is that in yaoi there are pictures. Some people like to pretend that if there are no pictures, it's not porn.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

Superkid11

• Obscure cultural reference
  • New teeth!
« Reply #193 on: 05 Jun 2009, 07:47 »

Waha, nothing to bring me out of non-postan mode than misreading something.

I thought the yaoi manga's title was "Magical love goddamn"

littlefox

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #194 on: 05 Jun 2009, 08:01 »

I think the part that weirds some people out is that in yaoi there are pictures. Some people like to pretend that if there are no pictures, it's not porn.

LOL. That's true. Also in my comment I didn't factor in erotic literature in general (which ... I THINK is more for women than men, but obviously making generalizations like that is unfair of me, anyway. Porn is for everyone who likes it! Yayyy!!!).

My point is just, ... I don't understand why people would be more squicked out by yaoi than they would be by say, a romance novel, or, lesbian American porn. I would try to point out a more specific double standard, but I don't even understand what it IS. I think people may not fully understand how basic yaoi is as a genre though, and that unless you're squicked by buttsex, then ... you're probably not gonna get squicked by run-of-the-mill yaoi.

Also, these people are reading a comic with Tai in it. TAI, people. Her entire life is way more squicky than yaoi.

Promethean Sky

• Plantmonster
« Reply #195 on: 05 Jun 2009, 11:03 »

1. To all the Hanners/Marigold shippers: seriously? I think it's already been established fairly well that Hannelore has a pretty low 'icky' tolerance.

2. No good can come of Hanners developing a taste for yaoi. Much hilarity, but no good.
Well I thought it was funny.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #196 on: 05 Jun 2009, 11:53 »

She went off firemen pretty quick, so this interest could be as fleeting.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Cleocatra

« Reply #197 on: 05 Jun 2009, 12:12 »

She went off firemen pretty quick, so this interest could be as fleeting.

That's because she met some. And they weren't like in the pictures.

Yaoi is much different to that. It's not photographs.

I for one welcome our new yaoi Hannelore.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #198 on: 05 Jun 2009, 14:27 »

Amorously Attentive Angus Affects Ambivalent Apprehension All Around
Thanks for the alliteration.
It's not an alliteration, it's an assonance. </pedantic>
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #199 on: 05 Jun 2009, 14:35 »

1. To all the Hanners/Marigold shippers: seriously? I think it's already been established fairly well that Hannelore has a pretty low 'icky' tolerance.

True, but Marigold could be the difference.  Whether she winds up with her, or with anyone else male or female, will depend on what Jeph has in mind for her character development. Would I like to see her hook up with Marigold - or Tai even? - of course!!  But that all depends on which way Jeph takes her character now that Marigold is in the mix.

2. No good can come of Hanners developing a taste for yaoi. Much hilarity, but no good.

Oh so true,
James The Kugai 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up