THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 17:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 903000 times)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #1950 on: 07 May 2010, 05:54 »

Are you also going to be doing repairs? From what I understand that is the worst part.
Presumably that is where the $8.45/hour come in, so I can see why you might rather cruise through bike assembly at $15/hour if you're fast instead of fixing someone else's bike. Having dealt with a lot of abused bikes in my tenure at the DIY shop on campus, I can see where that could get pretty frustrating.

I am just reflecting on choices in my life and such; I have been happy for a while and I think I have made some positive decisions, but I also think about how three years ago I was making like $20/hour for easy work. I just have to remember why I didn't like those jobs and why I took off from them and what I hope to do once I've worked through this summer..
« Last Edit: 07 May 2010, 05:59 by Slick »
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #1951 on: 07 May 2010, 07:53 »

Guys, I am officially finished with my bachelor at the University of Oslo. Helloooo sweet summer!
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

iamiam

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #1952 on: 07 May 2010, 09:55 »

i am going to ignore all my responsibilities and it's going to be the best summer ever

Man I wish I was still 16.

yeah this whole 'never growing up' thing is working out pretty well for me.
Quote from: meebo
[11:09] Darryl: MaiAda: the Beat Happening of the QC boards
[11:10] Darryl: so subtly subversive that not everybody can even tell
[11:10] Darryl: punk as fuck
[11:10] Darryl: ponies and rainbows

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1953 on: 07 May 2010, 18:01 »

I'll love seeing what has changed (if I recognise anything at all, that is!).

The thing about new york is that it'll probably all look the same.

Well, when I was last here there were these new towers, and I could go to the top of the Empire State (not just the 86th floor as now) to see them...

Today was perfect weather, and we spent 3 hours in Central Park, and 4 hours inthe Met.

Oh, and my Labour MP increased his majority against the LibDem. Grrr.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2010, 18:04 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #1954 on: 08 May 2010, 02:19 »

The National Union of Students is running this survey about the quality of education in universities in Australia. In the emails my university's student guild keeps sending me about it they're suggesting that all the data they're getting from this is going to be compiled into a big ol' report that they're going to use to kick up fuss with with the government about somethingorother. So I've done this survey, because I believe it's a good thing to have data available and collated and because I care about the state of higher education in Australia. It is a terrible survey. There are rarely neutral options where they are necessary, the some of the questions are worded suggestively and there isn't the ability to abstain from a lot of the questions. I have absolutely no confidence in the data they're going to get and I get this impression that it's not entirely an accident.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1955 on: 08 May 2010, 04:48 »

Hey Tommy I am going heretoday. Not sure if you are still excited about these guys but I'll get some pictures.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1956 on: 08 May 2010, 04:55 »

I lent my camera to someone last night to take pictures of the drag show. I woke up way early this morning because I realized I didn't get it back and I don't know who the fuck this guy is. Shit. Obviously he knows one of the girls, because he was using her camera and had to give it back because the battery died. I gave it up because her and a few others were asking if anyone else had a camera, so I offered mine, thinking I'D REMEMBER TO GET IT BACK. It's not like it's a fabulous camera - it's a 6 year old point and shoot digital that isn't in its prime anymore, but it's the only one I've got and now I'm freaking out. I never lend shit to anyone, why did I lend that of all things and to someone I don't even know?

I'm stupid. Someone tell me just how stupid I am because I am really effing stupid. I hope I get it back. :c

Other than that, it was a great night! The place was packed and probably over capacity. This made it hot, but it was worth it!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1957 on: 08 May 2010, 07:19 »

Dearest, dearest QC forums,

I RISE FROM THE GRAVE. I've been super busy with my job and just haven't had time to check in with you guys or call up Time Warner and be all "bitches hook me up with that internet!"

My new job is going well! Answering phones and emails is usually straight forward, but you do get some real assholes sometimes. Though on the flipside, you also get sweet old ladies calling that think you are the man for helping them out.

I would be lying if I said I didn't miss you lot. But I'm back!
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1958 on: 08 May 2010, 07:51 »

Fuck, who the fuck am I?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #1959 on: 08 May 2010, 08:51 »

Quote from: Serj Tankian
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOUUUUUUUU
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOUUUUUUUU

Quote from: Shaggy 2 Dope
Fuckin' Shane, how does he work?

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1960 on: 08 May 2010, 10:16 »

I'm also trying to figure out the summer - I heard back from someone about another baby job (miles from actually getting the job, we're just gathering information about each other and figuring out if our requirements fit) and suddenly I don't want it. I've applied for two theatery things which, if I got a job from June - October, I would not be able to do (one is the Edinburgh fringe!) and I had been starting to really look forwards to over two weeks of post-exam relaxing here. But I guess I do need a job and I haven't actually been offered one yet, just got three or four different possibilities lined up.

And it is totally off-topic but it just occurred to me that it is really weird that the only prescription medication covered by the NHS here, other than treatment for cancers and diabetes and so on, is the Pill whereas from what I can tell, that is very very much NOT covered by US health insurance. Weird.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #1961 on: 08 May 2010, 18:25 »

I did not expect when ordering tuna in an American steak house to be asked how I wanted it cooked, nor for it to be the size of a US beef steak. It was very nice though (even if I would have described it as undercooked before tonight).

The observation deck at the top of the Rockefeller Centre is awesome. MOMA tomorrow, and Pollini in Carnegie Hall - awesome!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1962 on: 08 May 2010, 23:01 »

So, tonight at the bar (I was working) some drunk asshole started a fight. With me. He actually chased me into the kitchen when I was trying to call the police (fucker was about two times as big as me, mind you). Then there was a lot of fighting going on in the kitchen, I escaped and finally called the police, but when they arrived, the two (yeah his friend joined in at about the point everyone was in the kitchen) had escaped. Stupid fuckers, I mean the other was even sober, and I told him several times to jsut get out and take his friend with him. But no. Shit, that guy even tried to strangle my coworker, when he tried to call the police. What the fuck. I mean, it's one thing to be loyal toward your friends, but when they go completely batshit insane like that, you should problably stop them, not their victims when they're trying to get help, right?

I can't even begin to describe how terribly helpless I feel for not being able to defend myself. And absolutely angry at everything, I am basically seething with impotent rage. I knew that at some point something like this would happen. It's inevitable. But this whole thing makes me want to give up on everything.

fuck, it's now 4 hours later, I'm still not sure if I can even sleep tonight. I'm trying to get drunk.

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #1963 on: 09 May 2010, 03:23 »

Don't worry, if you're lucky, six months down the line you might be able to press charges, by which point you will probably have forgotten what happened.

/was only a witness to a bar assault
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #1964 on: 09 May 2010, 05:34 »

Last night my boyfriend and I went to see my housemate and some other girls we know compete in the second bout of the roller derby league! My housemate is pretty much the Boss of the Sydney league and she is absolutely amazing. Another of our friends got her knee beat up pretty bad last bout, so was only watching, but whatever! The bout was nailbiting, with a score of 122 each with 3 minutes to go. In the end my housemate's team lost, by only I think 3 points. We went out for drinks afterwards which was pretty fun, and got ourselves pumped for the big Sydney v Brisbane derby bout that she's organised at a big venue in two weeks time.

Anyway today was Mother's Day! My mum's birthday was on friday as well, so I had double presents, which she loved. We had a nice lunch outside at my Nan's and were just about to head out to the local wildlife park to see the animals when I got a text saying that my housemate and her friend were hit by a bus last night.

So. My housemate's in a coma with a broken leg, internal injuries, and bleeding on the brain. Her friend's leg is busted up. My nan heard on the radio this morning about two women being hit by a bus in the city, and when I watched the news with my mum this evening they showed footage of the bus, with a mangled front end and a huge spiderwebbing bash in the windscreen at head height. That wasn't very nice to see at all.

I don't really know what to do now. I'm just sitting here with awful images running through my head and looking at all her derby stuff strewn about and hoping she'll get through it all okay. If everyone else could cross all their fingers and toes for her that would be super.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1965 on: 09 May 2010, 05:51 »

Holy fuck. Hope she makes it through ok.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #1966 on: 09 May 2010, 05:59 »

I'll be keeping her in my thoughts Lunchy. I hope she gets better soon.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #1967 on: 09 May 2010, 06:02 »

Aw Lunchy, I hope she'll be alright.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #1968 on: 09 May 2010, 08:02 »

I went to the Budokan today!

I did not see Cheap Trick :(
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #1969 on: 09 May 2010, 09:42 »

I met Brendan McLeod and Barbra Adler yesterday! Also known as half of The Fugitives! I also ate 5 plates of food, sweet jesus.

Edit: I also met this guy

And bought a shirt from him, which he signed.

Edit edit: That sounds awful Lunchy, I hope she gets better.
« Last Edit: 09 May 2010, 09:51 by Zombiedude »
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1970 on: 09 May 2010, 12:52 »

Holy fuck. Hope she makes it through ok.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

syrupykeyboard

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • These dynamite walls contain us.
« Reply #1971 on: 09 May 2010, 15:29 »

Hi everyone, been a while.
Got in a pretty bad car accident yesterday. An SUV side-swiped my Buick on the front left tire, going about 35 in a 30. Guy didn't swerve, didn't brake, just plowed into me. I'm fine, a bit sore, and so is my friend Ian who was with me. So are the two guys in the other car, who got out wanting to kick our asses. Ian was leaning forward to look at the car before it hit us, so he got pretty banged up from the seatbelt. I rode to the ambulance Herp. I rode to the hospital with him.
We're both fine, he's still hurting a lot but we're fine. I just remember being so goddam scared when they put him in the ambulance. "He's hurt and it's my fault he's hurt and it's my fault he's hurt and it's my fault..." Shit goddam, yesterday sucked. Both cars were totaled. I has no car now.

How's everyone else?
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #1972 on: 09 May 2010, 15:39 »

Crossing fingers and toes for your friend, miss Lunchbox.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #1973 on: 09 May 2010, 17:06 »

Sorry to hear about your roomate, Lunchbox.

I need a hobby. Help?
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Zingoleb

« Reply #1974 on: 09 May 2010, 17:11 »

Volunteer at an animal shelter!

Unless you don't like animals.

So, blog thread,

My father is out mowing the lawn, his girlfriend is passed out from  vodka, and the house smells like menthol. Her daughter's door is open (which isn't supposed to be), so I go in there to check on the kitten they brought into the house last week without my knowledge (my father told me a few days afterwards that she did).  The bedroom reeks of menthol, and I find the kitten   trapped in the dresser drawer, soaked in it to the point where *my* eyes are watering, and bathed it.

I found the bottle of whatever it was her daughter 'bathed' it in. 75% alcohol, and the bottle's empty. I cleaned it up, but I'm not sure about what's going to happen - guys, is this kitten  going to be okay?

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #1975 on: 09 May 2010, 17:50 »

I think you mean metho, not menthol. I don't think being covered in metho is going to be very good for the cat, but I also don't know if it would kill it; not my area of expertise, but it doesn't sound very good.

Blog:

I am getting sick, so I bought a new hoodie to cheer myself up, and am sitting around drinking tea to help my scratchy throat. I have been stressing out about work a lot lately, and will probably be called in to work tonight (which is good, because I get money; but bad, because the new owners will be there and they are who are stressing me out) so I am trying to not think about it. I have plants that need repotting, which will make me feel better, because plants are tops.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #1976 on: 09 May 2010, 18:19 »

Pollini in Carnegie Hall was awesome - plus three encores!

Zingoleb

« Reply #1977 on: 09 May 2010, 18:57 »

I think you mean metho, not menthol. I don't think being covered in metho is going to be very good for the cat, but I also don't know if it would kill it; not my area of expertise, but it doesn't sound very good.

No, I meant menthol. Says here: Menthol, 3.2% Camphor, 6.2% Eucalyptus Oil 1.5% and alcohol 74%. Unicorn piss makes up the other 15.1% I'm guessing.

Kitten seems to be fine, though. She named it "Kailan".

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #1978 on: 09 May 2010, 18:58 »

My fingers and toes are also crossed, Lunchy. Hopefully she'll be okay.

I need a hobby. Help?

Skimboarding! My friends and I have started doing it and it's really fun.
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1979 on: 09 May 2010, 19:57 »

Friday, a friend and I educated a crowd on Schadenfreude. It was good times!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

allison

« Reply #1980 on: 09 May 2010, 20:31 »

I met Brendan McLeod and Barbra Adler yesterday! Also known as half of The Fugitives!

jealous

Did they perform? Gosh dang they are fantastic.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1981 on: 09 May 2010, 22:56 »

I need a hobby. Help?

You could paint miniatures, that is, unless you like having friends.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1982 on: 10 May 2010, 01:53 »

It looks like I have tonsillitis.

I also acquired a boy.

The two are probably very closely connected.

Dammit.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1983 on: 10 May 2010, 02:03 »

May, you need to get rid of the tonsillitis or we will never have our Hannah Montana movie night. I cannot do socialising with people who have or have recently had tonsillitis because I will catch it, guaranteed.

Also get rid of the boy while you're at it. Boys are gross.

(j/ks, well done you!)
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1984 on: 10 May 2010, 02:14 »

I have a friend who has never caught anything from anyone she's kissed, even when they were properly ill. I get a cold or a sore throat even if they are healthy! It is not fair.

Gemm! We have not had our movie night yet! This is SCANDALOUS. Where in the country are you these days? Where will you be after June 2nd?

He is a nice boy. He is not a boyfriend though, he is just a boy.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1985 on: 10 May 2010, 02:28 »

I am in Portsmouth and I will be here forever. Well, mostly forever. Quite a while, I really like it here. Goddamn you, distance.

Zingoleb

« Reply #1986 on: 10 May 2010, 03:00 »

Holy fuck.

She (father's girlfriend) woke up drunk and started drinking more vodka at 5:30 AM.

I managed to talk her into going to an AA meeting tonight and will be the one driving her there and back, since she'll probably be smashed.

My father, on the other hand, has given up completely.

It's now six AM and I haven't slept and it doesn't look like I will be anytime soon.

But for good news!

Looks like I'll be going to my friend's prom in a dress she's picked out for me. Good times!

Zingoleb

« Reply #1987 on: 10 May 2010, 03:02 »

On the other hand everything is ten times funnier on sleep deprivation.

Edit I meant to edit that last post. Not this post. Well, I did mean to edit this post but I meant to edit that last post before I editted this post - I meant to edit my last post, not reply to it. Whateverrrrr

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #1988 on: 10 May 2010, 03:13 »

I met Brendan McLeod and Barbra Adler yesterday! Also known as half of The Fugitives!

jealous

Did they perform? Gosh dang they are fantastic.

Yes! They are ridiculously fun people to be around.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #1989 on: 10 May 2010, 03:55 »

I hope everything turns out ok Lunchy.  All of us Toowoomba Derby Girls are sending our love and hugs and healing derby powers :( :( :(
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

allison

« Reply #1990 on: 10 May 2010, 06:07 »

Yes! They are ridiculously fun people to be around.

I met them at a festival last summer (along with Adrian Glynn and Steve Charles) and I have been so sad to miss their last Toronto shows. Crossing my fingers that I'll catch them again sometime this summer.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #1991 on: 10 May 2010, 14:15 »

I'm not good at drinking two nights in a row. I ended up puking in one of those decorative flower pots in the middle of town. Also, the girl who hosted the party broke her foot while the party was still going strong, and shit generally went to hell.

RUSS!
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1992 on: 10 May 2010, 15:27 »

Tomorrow I have an interview for a theatre thing I really want to do in September, and it is at 9pm. That is a very odd time for an interview! The problem is that I am going out for dinner which starts at 7.30pm... I will have to leave early and that's frowned upon in formal uni dinners. Oh dear.

I've also just applied for an international development internship and I'm about to apply for another theatre thing. And I have another interview for yet ANOTHER theatre thing on Sunday. Exciting times! If I can just manage to make sure nothing clashes then I'm golden (and very busy).

ETA: whoa, ice hockey has cost me almost £700, and that's just things like training, kit and insurance - not including travel, socials etc. With those as well it'll be at least £1000. I'm applying for a grant for all/some of the £700 which would be really useful and mean I definitely don't need a job this summer. Fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: 10 May 2010, 16:10 by Barmymoo »

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1994 on: 10 May 2010, 17:24 »

Zingoleb

« Reply #1995 on: 10 May 2010, 23:50 »

I only post when the weird shit hits the fan, which isn't very often, otherwise you'd hear a lot of "I spent today looking for a job, filled out an application and probably didn't get hired there either" over and over again.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #1996 on: 11 May 2010, 02:54 »

That's what I post! Together we are writing the ultimate LIFE STORY.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #1997 on: 11 May 2010, 05:40 »

Teyla's girlfriend and family are arriving from the US. It's most likely her life support will be turned off tomorrow. I feel sort of hollow.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #1998 on: 11 May 2010, 05:47 »

Ally I'm so sorry. I've been thinking and worrying about you and your housemates constantly since you first told us. It's just unimaginably awful.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1999 on: 11 May 2010, 06:01 »

Oh Ally I'm sorry. My thoughts are with you and her family.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2010, 06:07 by Gemmwah »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 81   Go Up