Baking: Science For Hungry People!
- 7 (24.1%)
Alliance Rogue? I Have Some Standards
- 2 (6.9%)
T-Shirts and Aprons - YAY!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT (Weekly Comic Thread) May 31-June 4, 2010 (1676-1680)  (Read 70493 times)

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
Re: WCT (Weekly Comic Thread) May 31-June 4, 2010
« Reply #200 on: 03 Jun 2010, 15:26 »

Have you never heard of molecular gastronomy?
Yes. Don't you just hate negative questions?
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

westrim

« Reply #201 on: 03 Jun 2010, 18:13 »

Have you never heard of molecular gastronomy?
Yes. Don't you just hate negative questions?
Um... yes? Dammit! I'll find some way to get back at you.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #202 on: 03 Jun 2010, 18:28 »

Hee! Panel 4 Hanners is crazy-awesome-cute.
Also "Baking is science for hungry people" t-shirts now plz.

Just one question; where the hell did Marigold get to? In panel 1 she's right where Marten is in the other panels, but there;s no moer room left in the kitchen for her to have gone right, so either she's
a) merged with/phased through the counter-top
b) made a dash for the open spaces of the living room now that there are five other people in a kitchen barely big enough for two
c) squished up against Marten
d) behind the "camera"
As soon as she saw Marten pouring "Slightly Worse Than Death Battledrought", she booked for the living room - just before Faye and Hanners showed up.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #203 on: 03 Jun 2010, 18:37 »

I hereby unilaterally retcon Faye's first line to "Make way for some flaky pastry!"

The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #204 on: 03 Jun 2010, 18:46 »

Just another Joe like 46

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #205 on: 03 Jun 2010, 19:18 »

So how will the YouTube and Beer party go?

According to Hoyle.    - 3 (3.7%)
According to Twitter.    - 18 (22%)
According to Pintsize. (shudder)    - 24 (29.3%)
According to Sven.    - 4 (4.9%)
PSYCHE! Jeph will skip right past it.    - 20 (24.4%)
Porridge with Pancakes.    - 13 (15.9%)

Total Voters: 82
Just another Joe like 46

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #206 on: 03 Jun 2010, 19:43 »

I hereby unilaterally retcon Faye's first line to "Make way for some flaky pastry!"

Does that mean that Zintiel, Marelle, Nitrine, Neigbour and Prism will be coming to the YouTube party at the Faye/Marten/Dora residence?

Oh good.  Just make sure that nobody says Rainbow Love Child or gets Zintiel to show what an Omega Murder Blast is.

Pie!!!   :-D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #207 on: 03 Jun 2010, 20:07 »

Does no one see the continuity problem?  Faye can't cook!  She burned down her apartment making toast, then she cut her hand making spaghetti.

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #208 on: 03 Jun 2010, 20:49 »

Dammit I just wasted three hours of my life and its all your fault.  :wink:
Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

Doc

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #209 on: 03 Jun 2010, 20:53 »

When does the Faye vs Marigold catfight starts?

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #210 on: 03 Jun 2010, 21:26 »

Does no one see the continuity problem?  Faye can't cook!  She burned down her apartment making toast, then she cut her hand making spaghetti.

And Hannelore can't handle messes.  But goddamnit, pies trump continuity!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #211 on: 03 Jun 2010, 21:55 »

Faye has baked before, in 1252, and there was a Twitter thread where she was making cupcakes with Hanners.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

vettechinohio

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #212 on: 03 Jun 2010, 22:46 »

Cooking and baking are two completely different animals. And I don't think any of her previous mishaps involved cooking things inside an oven. There was a toaster which burned down her building and a can which cut her hand, if I remember correctly. Besides, Hanners said that Faye taught her recipes; for all we know, Hanners could have done all the baking. But she must have plugged her stove back in at some point for that to be true, as I remember Winslow saying she unplugged it once for fear of leaving it on.
You can't do that to a jellyfish! I'm calling the authorities, you dirty jelly molester!

westrim

« Reply #213 on: 04 Jun 2010, 00:23 »

Dammit I just wasted three hours of my life and its all your fault.  :wink:

You're welcome.  :-D

Cooking and baking are two completely different animals.

What, a wildebake and a buffacook?

Heranje

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #214 on: 04 Jun 2010, 00:30 »

Cooking and baking are two completely different animals. And I don't think any of her previous mishaps involved cooking things inside an oven. There was a toaster which burned down her building and a can which cut her hand, if I remember correctly. Besides, Hanners said that Faye taught her recipes; for all we know, Hanners could have done all the baking. But she must have plugged her stove back in at some point for that to be true, as I remember Winslow saying she unplugged it once for fear of leaving it on.

Yes. I'm good at baking and pretty bad at cooking. With baking you just put everything together, stir and stick it in an oven (well, usually), with cooking there's cutting and frying and all kinds of difficult things. Also, usually when you're baking there aren't very many sharp edges to cut yourself on. I think (but I don't have encyclopedic knowledge of all the comics like some people here) that when she offered to make spaghetti for Marten, he was initially skeptical because of the toast-making thing and Faye said that that was just a fluke and she could usually cook pretty well... or something.

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #215 on: 04 Jun 2010, 00:59 »

Yes. I'm good at baking and pretty bad at cooking. With baking you just put everything together, stir and stick it in an oven (well, usually), with cooking there's cutting and frying and all kinds of difficult things. Also, usually when you're baking there aren't very many sharp edges to cut yourself on. I think (but I don't have encyclopedic knowledge of all the comics like some people here) that when she offered to make spaghetti for Marten, he was initially skeptical because of the toast-making thing and Faye said that that was just a fluke and she could usually cook pretty well... or something.

Ha. And I'm the opposite. I can cook fine, but I'm far less adept at baking. (Although I mostly try to do vegan baking and that's just difficult in general...)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #216 on: 04 Jun 2010, 01:24 »

But she must have plugged her stove back in at some point for that to be true, as I remember Winslow saying she unplugged it once for fear of leaving it on.
Your memory is correct, it's strip 590.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Moxie

• Furry furrier
  • Shinier than thou
« Reply #217 on: 04 Jun 2010, 01:44 »

Did anyone call a possible Marigold/Dale hookup? (Hey, he's like, one of the first guys she's talked to and hasn't stuttered her face off. Guess her WoW stuff overrides the social-interaction fear?)

I like Dale, he seems like a pretty chill dude.

Anyone see Faye and Angus anywhere?  :wink:
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2010, 01:46 by Moxie »

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #218 on: 04 Jun 2010, 01:47 »

Is it still internet tough-guy-ing when you do it face to face?  

brew

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #219 on: 04 Jun 2010, 01:54 »

why is marigold such a racist

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #220 on: 04 Jun 2010, 02:07 »

Hmm. I wouldnt call her racist. This is just too stupid a criteria. Even for racists.
Carpe Diem

Heranje

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #221 on: 04 Jun 2010, 02:17 »

She's not racist, she's faction-ist. Also apparently class-ist. If she was racist, she'd be yelling at him for playing a human/gnome/elf/dwarf/whatever those other races they added after I quit playing are, not Alliance as a whole.

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #222 on: 04 Jun 2010, 02:23 »

1. Dale works three jobs and has time to play World of Warcraft...?  Wish I had that level of time-management and energy.

2. "MariGoldFarmer," tauren protection 'spec warrior?  Good gag, but nobody likes a gold farmer (hah).

3. I think it might have been funnier if Dale's new Warsong character was a gnome rogue, in contrast to his (very) tall, dark, and everbody-likes-Dale-some, especially versus a tauren warrior.  [insert David vs. Goliath gag]

4. Could this be the prelude to the new romantic comedy...?  [trailer announcer voice]: "He's an Alliance PvP-rogue, she's a Horde raid-tank...  Can two opposite play-spectrums find Love from URL to IRL...?"

5. A truism of MMO-RPGs: it does not matter if you are level-capped and max-geared, if someone wants to "gank" you that badly it is an eventuality rather than a possibiity.  And this is not limted to PvP either, unfortunately, but that then crosses over into "griefing."  Hope Marigold has some WoW-friends of her own to watch her back.  [EDIT ADD: ooh, just had a thought!  Maybe WoW-Sven will come to her rescue! 8-) ]

6. Also, "Baking is Science for Hungry People" aprons = awesome.  *thumbs-up*
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2010, 02:31 by pendrake »

Somebody

• Curry sauce
« Reply #223 on: 04 Jun 2010, 02:45 »

Anyone see Faye and Angus anywhere?  :wink:
What does Angus "passing the test" translate to from Faye's POV anyway? Committed relationship? Marriage? Simple f***ing?

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #224 on: 04 Jun 2010, 02:55 »

Anyone see Faye and Angus anywhere?  :wink:
What does Angus "passing the test" translate to from Faye's POV anyway? Committed relationship? Marriage? Simple f***ing?
I'd say trust.
Carpe Diem

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #225 on: 04 Jun 2010, 02:56 »

Did anyone call a possible Marigold/Dale hookup?
Hmm... would that be Dalegold or Maridale?  :angel:
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #226 on: 04 Jun 2010, 03:01 »

She's not racist, she's faction-ist. Also apparently class-ist. If she was racist, she'd be yelling at him for playing a human/gnome/elf/dwarf/whatever those other races they added after I quit playing are, not Alliance as a whole.
Racists are people who have prejudices on other people, based on things like their religion, the amount of melanine in their skin, their gender, and other really stupid outer criteria that say nothing about the person themselves in such a general way.

So yeah, if you take her reason serious, she's a racist. Inventing new names for it like "factionist" or "sexist" etc doesnt change the fact those are just variants of the more general term racist.

But I just cant take the reason "That person plays the opposing faction in a game, so I dont like it" serious, so I cant call Marigold a racist. She's simply being stupid.
Carpe Diem

Heranje

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #227 on: 04 Jun 2010, 04:07 »

Racists are people who have prejudices on other people, based on things like their religion, the amount of melanine in their skin, their gender, and other really stupid outer criteria that say nothing about the person themselves in such a general way.

So yeah, if you take her reason serious, she's a racist. Inventing new names for it like "factionist" or "sexist" etc doesnt change the fact those are just variants of the more general term racist.

But I just cant take the reason "That person plays the opposing faction in a game, so I dont like it" serious, so I cant call Marigold a racist. She's simply being stupid.

...no. Not at all. A racist is someone who has prejudices to other people based on RACE. Hence the word "racist". If the prejudice is based on something else, it's called prejudice, or there is another word for it, like "sexism". The fact that you think "racist" is a general term opposed to "variants" like sexist is really entertaining, especially since when I wrote that previous post I was one inch away from ranting about how annoying it is when people misuse "racism" to mean general prejudice. It makes them (and you) sound very stupid.

Here, have a dictionary definition, courtesy of dictionary.reference.com (emphasis is my own):
racˇism
–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

As you see, racism means prejudice based on race. Prejudice based on other factors is called other things, like sexism. As for Marigold being stupid for using WoW factions to decide whether she likes or dislikes someone - of course she is. But that doesn't mean she's a racist. She's prejudiced.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #228 on: 04 Jun 2010, 04:53 »

No. I sympathise, because I'm ESL too, but not all forms of prejudice are racism. When someone calls me a "sl*pe", "g**k or "ch*nk" because I'm East Asian, they're racist. If someone gets in my face because because I follow the "wrong" religion, they're a religious bigot but not necessarily racist. If someone decides that, because I'm female, I should be excluded from a field of employment, or not promoted, or paid less than a man for the same work, they're sexist and probably male chauvinist, but not necessarily racist. Some people are "package deal" bigots, some restrict it to a selection from the vast menu of things on which people judge, and base discrimination against, other people.

I'm pretty sure a few dark spots of bigotry disfigure even the noblest characters, and worst of all are the prejudices of which we might not be aware because they're ubiquitous in the social sea in which we swim. Marigold's distaste for Alliance WoW players (I don't play MMORPGs so I have no idea what that's about), is more down at the level of sports-team chauvinism, with all the "trash talking" that goes with it. Which is pretty silly. Just like arguing on web-comic forums...  :angel:
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Heranje

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #229 on: 04 Jun 2010, 05:06 »

No. I sympathise, because I'm ESL too
I also speak English as a second language. :P Misuse of the word "racist" still annoys me, but that may be because the Norwegian word for it is exactly the same, but with an s instead of a c, and it's misused in exactly the same way here.

connathan

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #230 on: 04 Jun 2010, 06:30 »

No. I sympathise, because I'm ESL too, but not all forms of prejudice are racism. When someone calls me a "sl*pe", "g**k or "ch*nk" because I'm East Asian, they're racist. If someone gets in my face because because I follow the "wrong" religion, they're a religious bigot but not necessarily racist. If someone decides that, because I'm female, I should be excluded from a field of employment, or not promoted, or paid less than a man for the same work, they're sexist and probably male chauvinist, but not necessarily racist. Some people are "package deal" bigots, some restrict it to a selection from the vast menu of things on which people judge, and base discrimination against, other people.

I'm pretty sure a few dark spots of bigotry disfigure even the noblest characters, and worst of all are the prejudices of which we might not be aware because they're ubiquitous in the social sea in which we swim. Marigold's distaste for Alliance WoW players (I don't play MMORPGs so I have no idea what that's about), is more down at the level of sports-team chauvinism, with all the "trash talking" that goes with it. Which is pretty silly. Just like arguing on web-comic forums...  :angel:

I don't see how the fact that snubnose is ESL is problematic in this discussion...he's German, right? It's pretty much the same word in German, and it has just the same meaning as in English: rassistisch. And whilst it might include religion in some cases, since people tend to assume middle-eastern means 'muslim', it definitely doesn't include gender. Yeah some people group their prejudices together and insult black women or something, but it doesn't automatically include your sex.

TAG

• Plantmonster
« Reply #231 on: 04 Jun 2010, 06:36 »

Huh I guess "no tips for Alliance scum" really *was* more than a throw away joke.  And somehow Marigold and Dale are managing to timetravel back to 2005 when playing WoW :P

And I love the shirt/apron design.  I'm pretty sure I will have to buy one for my gf when it comes out.

DoubleJ

• Plantmonster
« Reply #232 on: 04 Jun 2010, 08:16 »

Could one of you archive-junkies help a guy out? Is Dale a new character that everyone just knows, or did he show up someplace before "no tips"?

Nontoxic

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #233 on: 04 Jun 2010, 08:17 »

Forgive me if I missed it, but if dale made a night-elf mohaw- I mean rogue, isn't he horde, then?

TAG

• Plantmonster
« Reply #234 on: 04 Jun 2010, 08:19 »

Could one of you archive-junkies help a guy out? Is Dale a new character that everyone just knows, or did he show up someplace before "no tips"?

He was the regular that knew about the secret menu at CoD. http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1640

Except for maybe a background cameo somewhere I'm pretty sure that was his first appearance.

Forgive me if I missed it, but if dale made a night-elf mohaw- I mean rogue, isn't he horde, then?

Nope, Night Elves are alliance, Blood Elves are horde.  Both are despised ;P

Karilyn

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #235 on: 04 Jun 2010, 08:47 »

Marigold's distaste for Alliance WoW players (I don't play MMORPGs so I have no idea what that's about), is more down at the level of sports-team chauvinism, with all the "trash talking" that goes with it. Which is pretty silly. Just like arguing on web-comic forums...  :angel:
Thank you.  Someone who has some sense around here.

Honestly, if this exact same scene had been played out with someone yelling between the Yankees and the Nicks (that's a pair of rival teams right?), nobody would have thought twice about it, and certainly nobody would be absurd enough to call it racism.

EDIT:  Probably should have gone with Florida Gators and Georgia Bulldogs, cause I know for certain that's a rival pair.
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2010, 08:49 by Karilyn »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #236 on: 04 Jun 2010, 08:52 »

i still cant believe she doesnt like dale solely because he plays on an opposing faction in a game she plays.  Although I think Dale is flirting.  8-)  As for the comparison of sports teams, I like the cowboys and I live in an area of redskin fans and no one has yet stiffed me for tips because of such or shown dislike for me.

Everybody Likes Dale

as stated earlier night elves are alliance, and blood elves are horde.

Alliance: Humans, Night Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves, Draenei (a satyr like race), Worgen (werewolves)
Horde: Orcs, Trolls, Undead, Blood Elves, Tauren, Goblins.

I havnt played in over a year but sometimes I think about coming back.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Karilyn

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #237 on: 04 Jun 2010, 09:07 »

As for the comparison of sports teams, I like the cowboys and I live in an area of redskin fans and no one has yet stiffed me for tips because of such or shown dislike for me.
I used to work delivering pizzas.

You know what's fun?  When you answer the door to some nice little 13-14 year old girl who starts to give you a tip, then her grandmother comes up and is all like "don't you dare give no white girl no tip.  If she had a whip in her hand and half a chance she'd flail the skin off your back."

FUN WITH RACISM!

The saddest part of it?  The girl looked at me afterwords like she was about ready to cry and slipped me a tip anyway.

as stated earlier night elves are alliance, and blood elves are horde.
If you're familiar with fantasy in general, it's pretty similar to a lot of other franchises.

Night Elves and Blood Elves are the same species.  One lives in the forest, is nocturnal and worships the moon.  The other lives in an opulent magic rich society, is diurnal and worships the sun (but mostly just worship themselves and magic)).

Standard wood elf and high elf variations.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OurElvesAreBetter
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2010, 09:18 by Karilyn »

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #238 on: 04 Jun 2010, 09:33 »

Jeph answered a question about Dale on formspring. If memory serves, he said the secret menu episode was Dale's first appearance.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

TheHappyBerry

• Plantmonster
« Reply #239 on: 04 Jun 2010, 10:38 »

Is it just me, or was Dale wearing some super short shorts?

renrutal

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #240 on: 04 Jun 2010, 11:35 »

Just for the comics sake: http://www.wowarmory.com/search.xml?searchQuery=MariGoldFarm&searchType=all

I suppose the real reason she's being an ass is is because rogues do it from behind, and they're a real pain. *snicker*

Moxie

• Furry furrier
  • Shinier than thou
« Reply #241 on: 04 Jun 2010, 12:10 »

Nope, wasn't just you. Jeph tried to keep 'em discreet, but I noticed 'em too.

AngryCallCenterAgent

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • "I can't believe it! I'm doing a Shrek!"
    • I'm such a Twit.
« Reply #242 on: 04 Jun 2010, 12:22 »

Mar-Bear, Dale-y, in a Warsong threa',
PvP-ing, Oh-em-gee.
First comes /taunt, then comes macro,
Then comes the crit-spike-DPS combo!

... I'm still waiting for Guild Wars 2, work with me here...
"This is the Tech Support! Step away from the complex and delicate electronic equipment! NOW!"

Tuitsuro

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #243 on: 04 Jun 2010, 12:57 »

For the love of god, don't mention discontinuity in the WoW jokes to Jeph.  He may actually realize that he'll have to do research on it to continue growing Marigold's character, end up buying and playing it, and then he will never update QC ever again

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #244 on: 04 Jun 2010, 13:16 »

Night Elves and Blood Elves are the same species.

WROOOONNNNNGGGG!!!!

Honestly, Warcraft lore is enough of a mess without people spreading misinformation.

For the record:
http://www.wow.com/2010/05/04/know-your-lore-elven-evolution/
Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #245 on: 04 Jun 2010, 13:42 »

The Warhammer division of elves is much simpler and easy to understand - in WFB all elves are the same "race", but due to political machinations, one large faction split and is following its narissistic leader and his batshit insane mother, another has remained in their ancestral island to avoid having to deal with the lesser races, while a third faction perfers to live in harmony with nature.  all just cultural differences.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #246 on: 04 Jun 2010, 14:29 »

Night Elves and Blood Elves are the same species.

WROOOONNNNNGGGG!!!!

Honestly, Warcraft lore is enough of a mess without people spreading misinformation.

For the record:
http://www.wow.com/2010/05/04/know-your-lore-elven-evolution/
meh I see them as cousins rather than the same race, like the Cro-magnon and the Neanderthal.  Same ancestry but pretty different.  The night elves and the high elves had kind of a proletariat-bourgeoisie relationship that culminated into the big split when demons invaded. all fantasy involving elves has some sort of split.

in WFB all elves are the same "race", but due to political machinations, one large faction split and is following its narissistic leader and his batshit insane mother, another has remained in their ancestral island to avoid having to deal with the lesser races, while a third faction perfers to live in harmony with nature.  all just cultural differences.
see

and tolkeins elves did the same thing (perhaps set the archtype?)

Nope, wasn't just you. Jeph tried to keep 'em discreet, but I noticed 'em too.
who likes short shorts ;)
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #247 on: 04 Jun 2010, 14:39 »

For the love of god, don't mention discontinuity in the WoW jokes to Jeph.  He may actually realize that he'll have to do research on it to continue growing Marigold's character, end up buying and playing it, and then he will never update QC ever again
Didn't Jeph say once that he used to play WoW but gave it up when he realized it was an unpaid at-least-part-time job?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #248 on: 04 Jun 2010, 14:50 »

5. A truism of MMO-RPGs: it does not matter if you are level-capped and max-geared, if someone wants to "gank" you that badly it is an eventuality rather than a possibiity.  And this is not limted to PvP either, unfortunately, but that then crosses over into "griefing."  Hope Marigold has some WoW-friends of her own to watch her back.  [EDIT ADD: ooh, just had a thought!  Maybe WoW-Sven will come to her rescue! 8-) ]

Marigold has a whole Guild to watch her back and hella-time playing the game, so she'll be fine.  At this point, I'm actually hoping that Sven will be on Dale's side.   :wink:  During Dale and Marigold's party confrontation, I was hearing the Mortal Combat theme until I noticed the title -- Kill Bill works too.  I really liked Marten's comment: "I think they were flirting.  Or fighting.  Or both."  All while cheerfully munching pizza -- mmmm, pizza . . .  Reminds me of his Mmm soda moment when Faye was telling him and Dora about the tacos-and-bourbon incident.  Marten seems most content when the drama is happening near him but not to him.

So, how long into the YouTube viewing will it be when one of the party guests shows up in a clip?   :-D
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #249 on: 04 Jun 2010, 15:26 »

Well, I was wrong, no cliffhanger.

Then again, I'm in New Zealand and it's already Saturday here - so I could be wrong.

Hmmmm.  I think either they'll hook up or wind up facing off in the ally behind CoD
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up