Poll

MOMENT OF THE WEEK TIME!

Professional Sexmaster.
- 1 (1.4%)
Late-Night TV show host.
- 0 (0%)
He'd better have an amazing delivery.
- 1 (1.4%)
I can't go out there! What if they're making out?
- 1 (1.4%)
Yes, you should probably stay in here. My Goodness.
- 23 (32.4%)
Actually, I was thinking about staying here to...
- 2 (2.8%)
Real smooth, Barry White.
- 7 (9.9%)
Come on dude, Boy Scout motto!
- 5 (7%)
Is it cool if we, um, don't have sex yet?
- 1 (1.4%)
Butt pimple the size of a dime?
- 4 (5.6%)
So much for my mental image of you as a flawless angel.
- 2 (2.8%)
Captain Backhair and Sasquatch relatives
- 9 (12.7%)
We don't have to watch if it's gonna be too scary for you.
- 2 (2.8%)
This is just the opening credits! (It's a spooky font!)
- 13 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Thread (30 Jan - 4 Feb 2011, 1851-55)  (Read 64629 times)

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
Re: WCDT Thread (30 Jan - 4 Feb 2011, 1851-55)
« Reply #150 on: 02 Feb 2011, 04:40 »

Because he's not a Jesus freak and he's not gay.

That's the only way a male virgin in his twenties would turn down what she was proposing.

It is possible that he's only had a few serious long term relationship and therefore is awkward in the seduction phase, but when it comes time to get down to business, as it were, he'll have no problem getting the job done. (if you know what I mean.)
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

cyro

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Lurking in your dreams.
« Reply #151 on: 02 Feb 2011, 04:46 »

I'm inclined to agree with akronnick. If a guy whos not experienced at all suddenly has a girl literally throw herself at him, whilst both of them are intoxicated, well it becomes less a case of "has moral standards" and more a matter of "going for Saint of the Year award."

Though the "being intoxicated" may ruin his chances to start with.

The Seldom Killer

• More witless shite ----->
« Reply #152 on: 02 Feb 2011, 04:47 »

I have incontrovertible proof that your theory is utter arse gravy.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #153 on: 02 Feb 2011, 04:55 »

We know that Angus has been in at least one serious relationship (at least serious enough to not visit CoD during its duration) for at least long enough to know that his ex was apt to belittle people, and it would be unusual for a hetero relationship not to include sex.

...unless the no-sex was the deal breaker in the relationship. She could have said, "No sex until we're married." He could have agreed upon it for a while, but then something else happened and boom, he ditched her. And he could have still remained a virgin.

You can be in a serious relationship without sex, believe it or not. Especially if one or both parties is of a particular religious bent (which, I'm almost certain, the ex-GF-not-named may  have been).

EDIT: Of course, you may be right with your comment about Marigold. But here's the thing with Mar-bear: he never saw her as a romantic/sexual partner. Therefore, it was easier for him to say, "uh, no, Mar, I'd rather be just friends." (Though he was tempted - "Whoa, yeah, boob, awesome.")

It may have also been easier because he walked in on Faye suddenly leaving, without explanation. Then, as Mari came on to him, he realized, "Oh, ####, she thinks I like her and she went and told FAYE, and now I'm never gonna have a shot at Miss Barista Biatch."

Angus as a virgin would work. 
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2011, 05:02 by jwhouk »
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #154 on: 02 Feb 2011, 05:04 »

On another note: No one noticed that Red Robot from Diesel Sweeties made an appearance in that last panel? (I don't recognize the other 'bot - anyone?)
Just another Joe like 46

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #155 on: 02 Feb 2011, 05:07 »

I dunno. We already have two virgins in the comic; I doubt Jeph would throw in another one, especially since I'm convinced that Marigold losing her virginity will be a storyline (or at least part of one) in the future. I don't think Jeph would use that kind of plot point twice.
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

sluthy

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #156 on: 02 Feb 2011, 05:53 »

And don't forget, it's already been done once.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #157 on: 02 Feb 2011, 05:58 »

You people have it all wrong, the man was simply confirming that there was a clear path to the bed in the room and that all the dirty underwear was in the hamper - checking to make sure he had his letters was a cover.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

tbones

« Reply #158 on: 02 Feb 2011, 06:07 »

Hum, if Barry White was on, they would be way past pillow talk...
 :psyduck:

That's the only way a male virgin in his twenties would turn down what she was proposing.
So, only a gay Jesus freak would turn down a druken girl proposal?
Expecting that life will treat you well because you are good, it's like expecting a bull won't charge at you because you are vegetarian.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #159 on: 02 Feb 2011, 06:13 »

Been in that position so I would say, no. 

And before you ask, I don't fit either category.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Antario

• Larger than most fish
  • Evil eye is watching you
« Reply #160 on: 02 Feb 2011, 06:16 »

It is possible that he's only had a few serious long term relationship and therefore is awkward in the seduction phase, but when it comes time to get down to business, as it were, he'll have no problem getting the job done. (if you know what I mean.)

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1630  (for reference)

it seemed like angus was a bit more lucid then mar, ofcourse you cant really tell accuratly because jeph uses those 3 bubbles to indicate it and doesnt stray to much from just 3

what im saying is if your not completely carparked and have some inhibitions you can do the honorable thing, since he was lucid enough to think im sure that could have been the case

tbones

« Reply #161 on: 02 Feb 2011, 06:24 »

Yeah, but he still, and i quote: "totally touched my boob, too"

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1692

So, while he still did the right thing, he was a little tempted.

Been in that position so I would say, no.  

And before you ask, I don't fit either category.
That's .... good? Not that it'd be bad if you were a gay Jesus freak... But i think that it's kinda incompatible being both i guess...
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2011, 06:26 by tbones »
Expecting that life will treat you well because you are good, it's like expecting a bull won't charge at you because you are vegetarian.

rje

« Reply #162 on: 02 Feb 2011, 06:28 »

Hmmm...while I really don't think that Angus is a virgin, it could be possible that he may not have much experience in the sexin' department, or it's been awhile since he's gotten with a lady. I don't think those are either the case, either, but admittedly it could be a really cool development if that were the case - if Faye actually had more experience and it was Angus that was the nervous one. The possibility intrigues me highly. Mainly because I think it could be a real turning point in Faye's growing strength - if you're someone who becomes incredibly vulnerable in intimate situations, being with someone where you actually have more power in the intimate situation could really be beneficial. She could take the lead - as much of it as she wants - and it could give her a higher measure of control over her intimacy issues than she may have had before.

Also her reaction would be intriguing to see, as it could be an insight into how much Angus has gotten under her skin. Would she mock as normal, or would she be more empathetic and understanding? The latter case could point to her really developing feelings for the guy.

I admit I love Angus & Faye's chemistry. I like him as a character a lot, he kind of ties with Marty as a fave and I feel he a fantastic match for Faye. He's never pushed her, but he's never backed down from her either (in that he gives as much as he gets, as far as the wit contests go). I think he's just strong enough for her to be someone to push against, but not so strong that he knocks her over (like Sven did in a way...) Idk I tihnk my favorite thing about him is, contrary to a lot of the cast, he actually has his shit together. He's stable, and I think that's a good thing for her right now.
Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #163 on: 02 Feb 2011, 06:28 »

Will Marigold make it to Hannelore's in one piece?

Sure. She can squeeze her eyes shut.    - 2 (2.5%)
Maybe. It depends on whether Momo can handle it.    - 14 (17.7%)
Are you kidding? This is a COMIC STRIP.    - 26 (32.9%)
Awkwardness increases 1,000-fold when sex is involved.    - 22 (27.8%)
Waffles!    - 10 (12.7%)
Where's Pintsize in all this?    - 5 (6.3%)

Total Voters: 79
Just another Joe like 46

Antario

• Larger than most fish
  • Evil eye is watching you
« Reply #164 on: 02 Feb 2011, 06:39 »

were the case - if Faye actually had more experience and it was Angus that was the nervous one. The possibility intrigues me highly. Mainly because I think it could be a real turning point in Faye's growing strength - if you're someone who becomes incredibly vulnerable in intimate situations, being with someone where you actually have more power in the intimate situation could really be beneficial. She could take the lead - as much of it as she wants - and it could give her a higher measure of control over her intimacy issues than she may have had before.

Also her reaction would be intriguing to see, as it could be an insight into how much Angus has gotten under her skin. Would she mock as normal, or would she be more empathetic and understanding? The latter case could point to her really developing feelings for the guy.
Idk I tihnk my favorite thing about him is, contrary to a lot of the cast, he actually has his shit together. He's stable, and I think that's a good thing for her right now.

read my mind, that in my opinion is where jeph is pushing this toward
but wont that sortof disolve most of faye's excuse to be a leading character when she becomes that much more stable?
well maybe well see marigold (+ dale?) get some screentime if thats the case

argh....so many variables, cannot compute
but thats why i love this comic  :angel:
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2011, 06:42 by Antario »

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #165 on: 02 Feb 2011, 07:03 »

If Angus were a virgin he would not have turned down Marigold. Period, full stop.
Your logic lacks, well, logic. Like, a lot of it.

Still no logic in your logic.

I'm inclined to agree with akronnick. If a guy whos not experienced at all suddenly has a girl literally throw herself at him, whilst both of them are intoxicated, well it becomes less a case of "has moral standards" and more a matter of "going for Saint of the Year award."
Oh god, not another one. He was already in love with Faye at that point !

Well ok, "in love" is a bit strong, more like "highly interested".

Also, some people have things called taste, standards, maturity, ...
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2011, 07:11 by snubnose »
Carpe Diem

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #166 on: 02 Feb 2011, 07:25 »

Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking it's not that Angus is a virgin or has less experience than Faye, I'm thinking his nervousness comes from knowing he's dealing with someone with serious issues and he's trying not to trigger those issues (someone else on this thread said something like that. Don't remember who, but I agree with them.) He's more nervous about saying and doing the right thing because he knows if he says or does the wrong thing, Faye may bolt. Faye may have come a long way since her stringing-Marten-along days, but not so far that Angus couldn't say or do something to cause her to totally withdraw. In fact, her own fears may do that just as well.

No wonder Angus is kinda nervous. Wouldn't YOU be?
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

TheEvilDog

« Reply #167 on: 02 Feb 2011, 07:40 »

Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking it's not that Angus is a virgin or has less experience than Faye, I'm thinking his nervousness comes from knowing he's dealing with someone with serious issues and he's trying not to trigger those issues (someone else on this thread said something like that. Don't remember who, but I agree with them.) He's more nervous about saying and doing the right thing because he knows if he says or does the wrong thing, Faye may bolt. Faye may have come a long way since her stringing-Marten-along days, but not so far that Angus couldn't say or do something to cause her to totally withdraw. In fact, her own fears may do that just as well.

Exactly, I could not have said it better myself.

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #168 on: 02 Feb 2011, 07:48 »

Wow way to generalize there.

Uh I don't know how to counter such an ignorant remark really...  I have quite a few male friends who chose to abstain until later in life.   None of them are "freaks" and none of them are gay.

akronnick

« Reply #169 on: 02 Feb 2011, 07:48 »

That's what I was getting at when I said this:

<snip>

I think his awkwardness stems entirely from the fact that he's trying to woo Faye Whitaker, with full knowledge and consideration of her history.

It's a delicate balance of trying to express interest and attraction, while at the same time not getting defenestrated.

I think people were reacting so strongly to the first part of that post (the <snip>) that they didn't comprehend the resoning behind it.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

azurite

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #170 on: 02 Feb 2011, 07:49 »

Shortest distance between two points logic: A virgin isn't going to need to check and see if he has condoms. He's either not going to have them or he will have bought them that afternoon. If he's not sure he has 'em, they were from a previous relationship. I suppose it is possible that he might have bought them over the duration of his previous relationship with the hope they'd get used, but, again, if that were the case he'd remember. Someone who has not yet had sex is going to be hyper-aware of a package of birth control in their living space.

Of course, even if he is a virgin, he could have condoms for use with sex toys. I still think, in that case, he'd not need to check.

tbones

« Reply #171 on: 02 Feb 2011, 08:05 »

Uh I don't know how to counter such an ignorant remark really...  I have quite a few male friends who chose to abstain until later in life.   None of them are "freaks" and none of them are gay.

Yeah, but there is a difference between choosing to abstain and  wanting to get laid, and not being able to. (which is the group with most people, i want to think)
And the guys in the latter group tend to be more desperate about sex, so i don't think it really is an ignorant remark...

akronnick

« Reply #172 on: 02 Feb 2011, 08:11 »

But he's not choosing to abstain.

He was actively courting a lady he knows has been recently sexually active, and at the point where Marigold makes her move, not very successfully.

I'm not saying that it's impossible that Angus is a virgin, or that people who choose abstinence are flawed or defective.

I'm just saying that there's no explicit indication that he is.

Occum's razor (And I can't believe I'm whipping that out over this) states that the most parsimonious explanation for a phenomenon should be preferred. Now which is more parsimonious: That a Mid-to-late twenty something heterosexual male without a stated religious or cultural reservation who turned down drunken shenanigans from an available and willing close female friend is nervous because he's a virgin, or that he's simply nervous because it's the first time with Faye, who he's flirted with for a really long time and he really likes, but after what happened with Sven and Marten and her father and do I even still have those condoms and please God don't let me fuck this up?

Mojo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #173 on: 02 Feb 2011, 08:17 »

You people have it all wrong, the man was simply confirming that there was a clear path to the bed in the room and that all the dirty underwear was in the hamper - checking to make sure he had his letters was a cover.

Just what I was thinking.  Even if he WAS checking for the infernal rubber things, he should have come up with an alternative explanation.  "Just making sure the room was decent!"

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #174 on: 02 Feb 2011, 08:24 »

Mid-to-late 20s =/= super hormone driven teenager, apparently.

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #175 on: 02 Feb 2011, 08:32 »

Quote from: tbones
Yeah, but he still, and i quote: "totally touched my boob, too"

That was Marigold retconning the situation to make herself feel better and/or brag to her buddies. As we can see here and from what Angus says right after, Marigold's the one who initiated the boob-touching.
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

The Seldom Killer

• More witless shite ----->
« Reply #176 on: 02 Feb 2011, 08:32 »

[

Occum's razor (And I can't believe I'm whipping that out over this) states that the most parsimonious explanation for a phenomenon should be preferred. Now which is more parsimonious: That a Mid-to-late twenty something heterosexual male without a stated religious or cultural reservation who turned down drunken shenanigans from an available and willing close female friend is nervous because he's a virgin, or that he's simply nervous because it's the first time with Faye, who he's flirted with for a really long time and he really likes, but after what happened with Sven and Marten and her father and do I even still have those condoms and please God don't let me fuck this up?

Nor is there an explicit indication that he isn't.

Also it's a poor use of Occam's razor to offer only a binary proposition. To steal from Neal Stephenson, "Don't believe in something simply because you want it to be true" - Diax's Rake.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #177 on: 02 Feb 2011, 08:36 »

Also, using Occam's razor when the alternatives offered are in any case open to interpretation or doubt is probably dubious.

Mid-to-late 20s =/= super hormone driven teenager, apparently.

This is generally true, though I have known plenty of teenagers who were not slaves to their hormones, and a few much older people who were.  So it's best to be careful with generalisations.

In many parts of society religion has no bearing on this either - which I only mention so that no-one else need bring it up again, please.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

StevenC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #178 on: 02 Feb 2011, 09:05 »

But he's not choosing to abstain.

He was actively courting a lady he knows has been recently sexually active, and at the point where Marigold makes her move, not very successfully.

I'm not saying that it's impossible that Angus is a virgin, or that people who choose abstinence are flawed or defective.

He was choosing to abstain. At least with anyone who wasn't the one he's interested in. It's called... common sense I believe? If you are VERY interested in a certain person you don't go around having sex with other people.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #179 on: 02 Feb 2011, 09:08 »

In many parts of society religion has no bearing on this either - which I only mention so that no-one else need bring it up again, please.

Amen brother, testify. :evil:

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #180 on: 02 Feb 2011, 09:09 »

After reading what others have said it does sound more likely that Angus is simply (and understandably) very nervous. Hopefully it goes well for both Faye and Angus.

But what did they do make Momo blush earlier? They were still (mostly) clothed (unless the underwear eating shrub struck again). Apparently she hasn't been hanging around with Pintsize that much lately? But even so? She can shoot eels out of her... Ok. So she's quite comfortable with anything you can see in manga/anime, but intimacy between real people is a novel experience?
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

StevenC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #181 on: 02 Feb 2011, 09:12 »

Their make-outs were so hot, it actually created heat which made the metal in her face glow red-hot.

Melauren

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #182 on: 02 Feb 2011, 09:14 »

Shortest distance between two points logic: A virgin isn't going to need to check and see if he has condoms. He's either not going to have them or he will have bought them that afternoon. If he's not sure he has 'em, they were from a previous relationship. I suppose it is possible that he might have bought them over the duration of his previous relationship with the hope they'd get used, but, again, if that were the case he'd remember. Someone who has not yet had sex is going to be hyper-aware of a package of birth control in their living space.

Unless he has to check whether they've expired ;)

(Team probs-not-a-virgin)

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #183 on: 02 Feb 2011, 09:58 »

I'm gonna go with: Angus is a decent guy who knows, likes and gives a shit about Faye and, yes, desperately does not want to fuck this up. He probably will, sure, but how he handles that is part of sitting the exam.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #184 on: 02 Feb 2011, 10:58 »

JW - love the list, so many potential choices - hiding the porn stash/shrine to all things Faye (which could be really creepy if Angus combined the two with a love of sculpture...) seem to be popular and possibly relevant, but there were so many relevant choices.

Odin

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #185 on: 02 Feb 2011, 11:06 »

Yeah, you'd be surprised how many people don't know there are expiration dates on condoms.

Murphoid

• Plantmonster
    • My Facebook
« Reply #186 on: 02 Feb 2011, 11:12 »

When I take my son to his next cub scout meeting a subsequently break into laughter, you'll know your to blame for all the weird looks I get.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #187 on: 02 Feb 2011, 11:14 »

Got one in Scouts, another in Cubs and a third in Beavers - I expect hilarity three nights a week from this strip.

ZERO

• Plantmonster
« Reply #188 on: 02 Feb 2011, 12:48 »

I was a virgin until the ripe old age of 25, because I didn't want to just throw it away. I found someone worth losing it to. And even though we aren't together anymore, I have never regretted it.

I'm agnostic and I am most certainly not gay.

Just sayin'.

Murphoid

• Plantmonster
    • My Facebook
« Reply #189 on: 02 Feb 2011, 13:12 »

This is a good example of why generalizations don't work. :psyduck:

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #190 on: 02 Feb 2011, 14:30 »

Actually, I think he was making sure the Faye Print Sheets wern't on his bed.

:-D   :evil:
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Murphoid

• Plantmonster
    • My Facebook
« Reply #191 on: 02 Feb 2011, 14:32 »

I had assumed he was doing a 10 second tidy.  Shove everything in the closet. Pull sheets straight, light incense. 

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #192 on: 02 Feb 2011, 14:32 »

Yes. Having a body pillow of your SO made up without their knowledge or consent is a deal-breaker. Especially if they aren't technically your SO yet.
Must remember that next time.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #193 on: 02 Feb 2011, 14:33 »

Yes. Having a body pillow of your SO made up without their knowledge or consent is a deal-breaker. Especially if they aren't technically your SO yet.
Must remember that next time.

:angel:
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Watched Pot

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #194 on: 02 Feb 2011, 14:34 »

I suppose anything is possible on the question of Angus's virginity, but I just hope no one out there (male or female) in their late teens/early twenties/any age who happens to still be a virgin reads these comments and feels that there is something wrong with them. Sex is a personal thing. Whatever your choices may be, just make sure they're your choices and you will be fine. And, of course, be safe about it if/when it happens.
Don't you do cocaine at ME, you son of a bitch!

Murphoid

• Plantmonster
    • My Facebook
« Reply #195 on: 02 Feb 2011, 14:40 »

I suppose anything is possible on the question of Angus's virginity, but I just hope no one out there (male or female) in their late teens/early twenties/any age who happens to still be a virgin reads these comments and feels that there is something wrong with them. Sex is a personal thing. Whatever your choices may be, just make sure they're your choices and you will be fine. And, of course, be safe about it if/when it happens.

I cheer for those who have made competent non rushed non pressured decisions about their sex life.  Truth be told NO is, of course, the most socially responsible, moral decision there is.  They would be examples to us all, To thine own self be true.
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2011, 14:41 by Murphoid »

CompSarge

• Furry furrier
  • I put the "sexy" in "dyslexic"
    • Sarge's Art and Story Blog
« Reply #196 on: 02 Feb 2011, 15:21 »

Got one in Scouts, another in Cubs and a third in Beavers - I expect hilarity three nights a week from this strip.

hurr hurr...Beavers...

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #197 on: 02 Feb 2011, 15:46 »

Also I'm highly curious how you would find out a man is a virgin - unless the guy tells you - and even then he could lie about it.
You check if he can see the enchanted city of Vanorva.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #198 on: 02 Feb 2011, 16:04 »

Yeah, you'd be surprised how many people don't know there are expiration dates on condoms.
This comic made me check where I put the box of condoms I have bought a few years ago in a fit of crazy optimism. I didn't find it, but it's no biggie, for I checked the expiration date on the pair I kept in my wallet and they are out of date by several months anyway...

I'm vaguely considering buying a new box, but I would feel like I'm fooling myself. Why would I go for such expenses in prevision of something I don't believe can happen anymore? :|
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2011, 16:08 by Schmorgluck »
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

Murphoid

• Plantmonster
    • My Facebook
« Reply #199 on: 02 Feb 2011, 16:05 »

I would agree that not having sex is socially responsible, but not necessarily the moral choice. There are, of course, many situations where having sex is moral issue, such as when a person is drunk, or under age, etc. In general, however, I would argue that sex is not a morality issue if the two people participating are both adults of sound mind. It certainly may be a religious issue, but I would argue that religion and morality are mutually exclusive concepts.

Suffice it to say I disagree slightly on the moral reasoning, but this is not the place for a debate of mores.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up