Moment of the Week?

It's a secret! (waffles)
No peeking!
Hanners continuing to peek anyway.
The unmentionable DAAAAAANG
Pintsize's coma
"Damn, girl!"
Mister gentleman
First he was all :D, and then he was :), but soon he was :|, and finally he was :(
BOOBS!
Happy Arbor Day 2003!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2056-2060; Nov. 14-18, 2011  (Read 237344 times)

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome
Re: WCDT 2056-2060; Nov. 14-18, 2011
« Reply #250 on: 15 Nov 2011, 16:25 »

I don't like this. Not at all.

Now when Padma leaves, we'll be dealing with at least 50 strips of Marten sulking AGAIN.

Nah, we'll be dealing with 30 strips of Pintsize sulking because he didn't see Padma and Marten get it on.  We're probably past due for a Pintsize oriented series of strips.

Wreck Smurfy

• Plantmonster
« Reply #251 on: 15 Nov 2011, 17:06 »

Good catch!  

Be prepared...

Ha! I'd forgotten that old Lehrer tune. Yes, Marten certainly seems to have "found himself a Girl Scout who is similarly inclined".

And similarly "ink-lined", since, after all, this is a comic.  :-D
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2011, 18:34 by Wreck Smurfy »

rje

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #252 on: 15 Nov 2011, 17:37 »

I am honestly, legitimately surprised, I thought Marten would have turned that down because of too many *~*~*issues*~*~*
But he didn't and good for him! I believe I said quite a bit ago that he could something just like this and I still believe that. Yay Marten! I'm glad those bags are gone too, nothing like post-coital glow for removing lines and wrinkles lol.

I honestly hope Elliot doesn't find out because I really kind of like him a lot and I'd like to see him in strips more regularly, but if he found out he doesn't seem to be the type to be able to let it go and be okay around Marten again. I GUESS WE'LL SEE

Also I agree about the underwear probably just being underwear she wore because she liked it. She seems like she has that personality, y'know? I bet she has all kinds of panties that say things on the butt like SWAG or BOOTYLICIOUS or HOLLA and wears them frequently to work.
Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #253 on: 15 Nov 2011, 17:39 »

Pintsize did accuse Marten of being a chronic moper, but that was a long time ago.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #254 on: 15 Nov 2011, 17:49 »

I honestly hope Elliot doesn't find out because I really kind of like him a lot and I'd like to see him in strips more regularly, but if he found out he doesn't seem to be the type to be able to let it go and be okay around Marten again. I GUESS WE'LL SEE

It's probably a setup for later.  They get along fine, it never gets mentioned, Padma returns, and then  Elliot goes "Wait, WHAT???
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

treyhawk

• Not quite a lurker
  • Nos Amours in my heart
« Reply #255 on: 15 Nov 2011, 18:11 »

I don't like this. Not at all.

Now when Padma leaves, we'll be dealing with at least 50 strips of Marten sulking AGAIN.

Nah, we'll be dealing with 30 strips of Pintsize sulking because he didn't see Padma and Marten get it on.  We're probably past due for a Pintsize oriented series of strips.

Having followed some of the links in Pintsize's Twitter feed, and let me say for the record "ewwwwwwwwww," wouldn't he find a one-night-stand between Padma and Marten to be rather boring?  :-P

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #256 on: 15 Nov 2011, 18:25 »

I suspect he's not that fussy.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #257 on: 15 Nov 2011, 19:44 »

If he'd been on he'd probably have ruined things by shouting "More anus!" or something like that.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #258 on: 15 Nov 2011, 20:30 »

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #259 on: 15 Nov 2011, 20:43 »

This is Northampton. If that's what Marty really wanted, it wouldn't be that  hard to find  :evil:
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #260 on: 15 Nov 2011, 21:57 »

Come back to the forums to discuss a comic where two friends, who've both apparently liked each other and have been flirting for a while, have a cutesy feel-good hook up after (an admittedly drunken) night out. And the girl gets called a "slut." For having sex with a guy she likes who likes her whom she's known a while.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. This is why I'm better off staying away.

Also. A tip for you guys. No, wearing underwear with writing on it does NOT mean it's "meant to be seen." Sometimes it's just the pair of undies we wanted to wear. Every girl I know says that putting on sexy undies makes her feel more awesome and confident that day, even when no one knows she's wearing it. Sexy underwear is worn for confidence probably more often than for seduction. (By the time you get to the part in seduction where the guy sees your underwear, it really probably doesn't matter very much and is off in a flash anyway. Most of my lady friends also commiserate with me on how little men actually appreciate their pretty underthings because they just want to get you naked.) And some girls have all their underthings (except a few for that time of the month) be all cute and sexy, and so any day they wear underwear is a day they wear fancy ones.

loluffy

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
    • http://gue.com
« Reply #261 on: 15 Nov 2011, 22:32 »

ok. wow. i've been reading QC for several years now, and held my tougue long enough. but after reading comic 2055 & 2057, i just can't keep quiet. if padma was just going to throw caution to the wind for one last night before moving away, then WHY NOT ELLIOT?! gah!! i know, i know, i'm just over-identifying with a fictional character, but seriously .... i've been an elliot my entire life; shit i think I'M AN ELLIOT RIGHT NOW. instead of sharing a night of passion with a man who is devoted to her, loves her, and has worked beside her for who-knows-how-long ... we have yet another character choose a quickie with the man-she-just-met, right before falling off the face of the f&%king earth. grrrr >_<!

loluffy

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #262 on: 15 Nov 2011, 22:36 »

wearing underwear with writing on it does NOT mean it's "meant to be seen."

oh, and i'm calling "bull" here. if a tree falls in a forest, and there's no one around to read "SASSY" printed in big pink varsity letters on the tree's ass ... is that ass still sassy?

Fen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Pregrinating flâneur
    • Blog!
« Reply #263 on: 15 Nov 2011, 22:40 »

oh, and i'm calling "bull" here. if a tree falls in a forest, and there's no one around to read "SASSY" printed in big pink varsity letters on the tree's ass ... is that ass still sassy?

Because she is physically attracted to Marten? Because Elliot got drunk instead of taking her home? Because having casual sex with a guy who has feelings for you is somewhere between horrible, thoughtless or just plain mean(Your Mileage may vary)? Because Marten actually hit on her instead of wallowing or declaring undying love? Because Elliot is in the friendzone? Because some people (myself included) find it much easier to have casual sex with a stranger than with someone who you know well?

Because sometimes things just happen and you don't stop in the middle of it to say "wait, this is morally deceiving to a third party".

gangler

« Reply #264 on: 15 Nov 2011, 22:46 »

Because she wanted to fuck Marten and didn't want to fuck Elliot? I don't know that much more needs to be read into it than that. Even that might be a bit too much, seeing as ending the night in copulation may or may not have been planned as such.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #265 on: 15 Nov 2011, 22:47 »

And quite frankly, obsessing about someone you know and are around on a regular basis for months and not sharing your feelings is, to put it delicately, a little creepy.

It's the kind of behavior Nice Guys(tm) (and God do I hate that term) engage in.

It's not healthy, and it never works. He fell in love with the idea of Padma, but never actually bothered to get to know Padma as a person.
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2011, 22:56 by akronnick »
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

loluffy

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #266 on: 15 Nov 2011, 22:56 »

i'm not even that upset with padma (as a character) but rather jeph jacques, and his choices for the series since the breakup. just dropping a sex interest into marten's path - one who's totally adored by some tangential character (and no, elliot is NOT a creep) - then having marten "luck" into a little rebound nooky just hours after he convinced elliot to spill the beans to the love of his life is all-too-familiar for me to stomach right now ....

loluffy

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #267 on: 15 Nov 2011, 23:04 »

some people (myself included) find it much easier to have casual sex with a stranger than with someone who you know well?

so, the moral of the story: don't listen to women, you might accidentally get to know them ?_? my mind, it it blown ...

akronnick

« Reply #268 on: 15 Nov 2011, 23:08 »

i'm not even that upset with padma (as a character) but rather jeph jacques, and his choices for the series since the breakup. just dropping a sex interest into marten's path - one who's totally adored by some tangential character (and no, elliot is NOT a creep) - then having marten "luck" into a little rebound nooky just hours after he convinced elliot to spill the beans to the love of his life is all-too-familiar for me to stomach right now ....

I think that says more about you than it does about Jeph.

"Luck" when it comes to relationships is, as it is with everything else, simply a matter of noticing opportunities and being ready and willing to act on those opportunities when they present themselves.

Acting on an opportunity takes a certain degree of risk, you have to be willing to be shot down. It's awkward yes, but it doesn't have to be devastating.

This is also good for Elliot, although it may not seem so right now. Now that his crush on Padma has been, well, crushed, he, if he recognizes the opportunity, can move on and hopefully meet and begin a healthier relationship with someone else.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART
« Reply #269 on: 15 Nov 2011, 23:15 »

I think the quote people are looking for is "I'd rather regret something I did than something I didn't do".

So much truth in your words.

And yes, "What now?" in this situation was probably nothing more than pillow-talk, even I know that... But still, the greater question will be asked eventually. And it will sound quite similar. ;)

Oh shush about "serious start of commitment" or "casual sex". Either can follow up into the other if circumstances are right. (Granted, these directions aren't equally probable)

Hee, hee. I had to turn up the brightness and contrast on my monitor, and now I see the corner of the box of condoms on the floor near the bra. Marten is a true Boy Scout after all.  :-D
Is that a box of condoms? I can only make out the letters L U B ... not familiar with that brand. °O
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2011, 23:21 by Soulsynger »
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

JackFaerie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #270 on: 15 Nov 2011, 23:22 »

I'm wearing royal blue undies with black lace right now, and a matching satin bra with a little bow on it. (Kinda like this.) And I can assure you no one will be seeing me tonight, because my big evening plans include watching "Ringer,"
 paying my bills, and cleaning my room. But pretty much all my underthings look like this because yes, they make me feel sassy. Heck, sometimes part of the thrill is that no one knows I'm wearing awesome cute underwear except for me.

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
    • Fessel at DeviantART
« Reply #271 on: 15 Nov 2011, 23:25 »

Heck, sometimes part of the thrill is that no one knows I'm wearing awesome cute underwear except for me.

Hah! Yesss! I always assumed that was what some girls were going for most of the time. Thanks for a kind of confirmation on that.  :-)

akronnick

« Reply #272 on: 15 Nov 2011, 23:26 »

Is that a box of condoms? I can only make out the letters L U B ... not familiar with that brand. °O

LUBricated condoms.

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
    • Fessel at DeviantART
« Reply #273 on: 15 Nov 2011, 23:35 »

LUBricated condoms.
Oooooooof course. *head table*
Sorry, I'm daft this morning.

NotAwesomeAnymore

• Furry furrier
« Reply #274 on: 16 Nov 2011, 00:06 »

loluffy, physical intimacy and emotional intimacy can't be compared, so you don't trade one off for the other. Also, people are usually expected to reciprocate actions, not feelings. If a person loves you, you don't have to love them. This is different from if a person is kind to you, in which case it would be ethical to be kind to them.

Further, what Elliot did was not the hard part. All he did was love Padma -the selfish part. The hard part in winning someone is doing right by them, and being awesome enough to meet their standards. Marten wins for meeting Padma's needs and for having the attributes she's into. Whether he wanted Padma more than Elliot really doesn't factor in... And I hope you don't try to debate that.

Fen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Pregrinating flâneur
    • Blog!
« Reply #275 on: 16 Nov 2011, 00:19 »

some people (myself included) find it much easier to have casual sex with a stranger than with someone who you know well?

so, the moral of the story: don't listen to women, you might accidentally get to know them ?_? my mind, it it blown ...

Look. There are friends with benefits and there are people who you had sex with/made out with that one time(I don't do one night stands too much, but I did have my share of random makeouts in the past. It's just as awkward for me afterwards). FwB is one thing, but I always found interacting with the latter kind of weird. Especially if one of us had feeling for the other and/or misunderstood the situation. Not that everyone makes this separation, but I do and there are probably other people who share my feeling on the topic.

People have their own sets of values and shit, you know?

BTW, for a more straight-forward "why not have sex with elliot" answer...

« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2011, 00:37 by Fen »

Irenfrea

• Emoticontraindication
    • The Eye of the Beholder
« Reply #276 on: 16 Nov 2011, 01:23 »

BTW, for a more straight-forward "why not have sex with elliot" answer...

This. Also why you people shouldnt expect this to become a long-term relationship. If it does, good for them, if it doesnt, well sometimes all what people wants is to have fun. Humping into each other crotches.

Vista

• Plantmonster
  • The bird flies to God. That God's name is Abraxas.
« Reply #277 on: 16 Nov 2011, 01:29 »

I guess it would be nice if I could wear something and it made me feel more confident.  It seems sort of superficial, but if that's the price to pay.  Much easier than dealing with issues underlying my lack of self-confidence, for sure.  I'm not even sure if that latter one's possible.

As to "slut": oh no, people are wrong on the internet!  Let's get offended.

I have this weird feeling that Padma won't really appreciate this night as much as Marten, in retrospect.
"Himemiya, I've misjudged you!"
"My image of you is ruined!"

Irenfrea

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #278 on: 16 Nov 2011, 01:59 »

CompSarge

• Furry furrier
  • I put the "sexy" in "dyslexic"
    • Sarge's Art and Story Blog
« Reply #279 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:05 »

Comic's up!

God dammit, Marten...

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #280 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:06 »

Poor Marten.

Reality sets in.
Carpe Diem

akronnick

« Reply #281 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:09 »

That didn't last long.

At least the bags aren't back under his eyes.

Yet.

Irenfrea

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #282 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:13 »

What happened to booty dance? This isn't QC-esque!  :-P

sluthy

« Reply #283 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:16 »

You can almost read his mind in each of the last four frames...

"Woo, I'm the man! Sexy times..."

"...with Padma..."

"...who's leaving in a few weeks..."

"...and now I'm in love. Shit."

I think Marten was substituting a strut for a booty dance until reality kicked in.

VyperX

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #284 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:19 »

[...]
If he spends the next 50 strips with a spring in his step, do I get a cookie?
Seems like he didn't even last one strip...

I just hope he finds a way to accept the situation and tries to make the most of it. He got to enjoy something good, only time will tell how it all pans out.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
    • Fessel at DeviantART
« Reply #285 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:20 »

And once again, regrets are a bitch.

Hm... I realise now there hasn't been any talk at all about what Marten might want out of this as there was with Faye and Dora at some point. We (as readers) are as uncertain about what he is feeling right now as he must be. Poor guy.

Knowing thy self is hard, hard, hard work.

akronnick

« Reply #286 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:26 »

I'm not sure this is a booty dance situation.

Did Faye ever have a booty dance when she hooked up with Sven? Or even Angus?

I think Marten just realized how fleeting the situation with Padma actually is, and while on the whole he's glad it happened, the can is open and there are worms all over the place.

He doesn't really know if he has feelings for Padma, or whether he even wants to. If he does what should he do about it? Does he want to try an LDR arrangement? What are her feelings? Should they try to pack in as much time together as possible before she leaves? Would that make things harder? How would Dora feel about the situation? Or Faye? Or Hanners?

And then there is Elliot to consider.

The list goes.

Marten just realized he's got a whole heap of problems he didn't have yesterday, and he's walking away from the one person who can both make them better now and help him work through them in the future.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #287 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:26 »

I was sort of expecting Marten to sulk but.. come on. Too soon!

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #288 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:30 »

You can almost read his mind in each of the last four frames...

"Woo, I'm the man! Sexy times..."

"...with Padma..."

"...who's leaving in a few weeks..."

"...and now I'm in love. Shit."
I don't think it's "I'm in love" so much as "I have something going in my life again," but otherwise, exactamundo.

And don't  ask why my brian spat out that word right now. Wait, I do know: it's that Richie Cunningham strut Marten is doing before the brick hits. I can almost hear "I've found mah thrill…" Then random crashing sounds, or maybe a needle scrape.

edit: Brain, not Brian. Damn you, Scott Story!
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
    • Fessel at DeviantART
« Reply #289 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:32 »

Marten just realized he's got a whole heap of problems he didn't have yesterday, and he's walking away from the one person who can both make them better now and help him work through them in the future.
L'esprit de l'escalier ... one of those situations where I'd like to kick Marten in the kneecaps until he crawls back and TALKS TO PADMA about this. God-damnit. A one night stand doesn't mean you have to be an emotional magician and be a cold-blooded vampire afterwards. Our brain automatically associates sex with emotions, so just accept it. ><
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2011, 02:57 by Soulsynger »

dj_soo

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #290 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:43 »

GO MARTEN

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #291 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:51 »

He's not really depressed! He just saw Elliot coming the other way and is pretending to mope because coming from the direction of Padma's (house|flat?) and being all insufferably pleased with himself will reawaken old suspicions.
In fact, Marten being happy at all ought to be enough to raise suspicions in anyone that knows him...
Yes, that's it, he's masking his happiness with a masterful simulation of depression to spare the feelings of a random acquaintance. Totally.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
    • Fessel at DeviantART
« Reply #292 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:55 »

Anyone noticed? Panel 1 Padma again with the kinda-pronounced invisible-cigarette-holding hand. Are these just coincidences?

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #293 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:55 »

Jeph is a freaking GENIUS!  

He drew a comic where everyone who said, "He'll have  spring in his step" AND everyone who said "He's going to be mopey again" were BOTH right!  

Damn, Marten...

Or maybe, DAAAAAAAAAANG...

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #294 on: 16 Nov 2011, 03:05 »

Did Faye ever have a booty dance when she hooked up with Sven? Or even Angus?
Angus did, but he did it alone. Naked. In front of the bedroom. And Marten saw him ... I'm too lazy to look up the comic, though, but it was quite recent.
Carpe Diem

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #295 on: 16 Nov 2011, 03:08 »

Just remember, folks, that Jeph has said a couple of times that the reason that Marten and Faye didn't end up together as he'd originally planned was that the strip would then have come to an end because of boredom.  IOW, in stories happy endings are generally endings.  He also said recently that he's been aiming at Marten and Padma getting together for a considerable time.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Carl-E

• Awakened

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
    • Fessel at DeviantART
« Reply #297 on: 16 Nov 2011, 03:15 »

The outcome of a one-night stand in another webcomic.  
Yes, talking to each other, even by phone. Precisely what Padma and Marten seem to not have done.

Stupid fucking white man, stupid fucking colored woman. (Apologies to Jim Jarmusch)
(If I'd said "not-white woman", you would have been as offended, shoo!)

VonKleist

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • First I lol'd. But then I serious'd.
« Reply #298 on: 16 Nov 2011, 03:19 »

I think we better talk this over
maybe when we both get sober

ZBixby

• Emoticontraindication
  • Zombie Jesus ate my Peanuts
« Reply #299 on: 16 Nov 2011, 03:21 »

To be fair in one of the QC dumps on his tumblr when someone asked if there were any chars that had gotten written out of QC permanently Jephs answer was. "Ellen, Sarah, Nat, Any chance of Happiness for Marten"

Whether he was joking about that last part or not remains to be seen.

I however do hope something good happens for Marten part of me thinks something will happen to keep Padma from moving or from staying gone for long.
"I have the weirdest friends."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up